Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of those ((self kidos) that BD went with was way older than she, most was 19-22 years old and in college,,nothing adds up,im thinking is LE looking in wrong search directions? maybe the cell went one way but her body went another???

That is certainly a possibility!

I can empathize and excuse Brittanee's immature behavior, because she was only 17 at the time. Those other other folks should have known better...

To this day I wonder why none of them stayed in MB after they knew she disappeared?!

If the "chili gang" was truly not involved in any way - Can these people really be that cold and heartless?! Haul *advertiser censored* back home without giving Brittanee a second thought...? Laughing, and taking stupid pictures on the ride home, only to break down the door at home to get the pics up on MS and/or FB so you can show off to your friends!??! To me that is pure evil ! ! ! I cannot think of ANY reason I would leave MB after that went down. Typically, if someone is innocent they would cooperate fully with the investigation.

I personally don't have any dirt on either of these guys. I've been told that JG is a real sweetheart...and have also been told that he's not a sweetheart...

But what I found truly odd was that JG was supposedly in MB the 2 weeks prior to BD being there. I feel BD couldn't have gone with JG at that time because of school...but surely JG knew that BD wanted to go to the beach...and surely this beach trip was planned by JO/AL (whoever) at least a few weeks in advance of going... So why couldn't JG wait and go with BD? Or if he wanted to spend 2 weeks at the beach, why didn't he go the week before and stay through the time BD was going to be there?

PB - I know nothing personally about him. Just what's been in the media and from what other posters have said on this board and others. The guy doesn't impress me at all...he is a "pretty boy"...seems to be a "playa"...appears to be self-serving and egotistical. When I think about him...all I hear is Judge Judy - "Beauty fades but dumb is forever..."

To me he is someone who lives in his lower thought forms - very mundane and predictable (only out for the party) and does not have the capabilities to live in his best and highest good.

Of course...this is just MOO...

I just wanted to say that I love your Judge Judy quote!!! :heart:

The common denominator for every person mentioned in this 7 page topic is drugs. If they want to find the truth I would start right there. Going on one year now and we still don't have an actual timeline of that night, yet were trying to find a missing kid.

I just had to add that for at least the last few months the TV here in Rochester has been running "Come to Myrtle Beach" ads..... It just makes me sick to see these and know that Britts family has to see this also.... just had to vent.... I pray everyday that Dawn will have answers soon!

Just like Morgan Harrington's friends did with her in Charlottesville.

If the "chili gang" was truly not involved in any way - Can these people really be that cold and heartless?! Haul *advertiser censored* back home without giving Brittanee a second thought...? Laughing, and taking stupid pictures on the ride home, only to break down the door at home to get the pics up on MS and/or FB so you can show off to your friends!??! To me that is pure evil ! ! ! I cannot think of ANY reason I would leave MB after that went down. Typically, if someone is innocent they would cooperate fully with the investigation.

Just like Morgan Harrington's friends did with her in Charlottesville.

Exactly.....

And with friends like that... Well you all know how the rest of that goes...

where did you get all those pics of britt?

Fearless - are you talking about the recently posted links to the pics on WS? If so it was a screenshot taken off of JO's FB page.

Dont no anydirt on JG,or PB but i do see JG,hasnt been on his MS since 3/3 2009 so unless he has new site he hasnt been on his since BD went missing!
Im like MBLOVER,only thing is hear say on them,,,but odd they all faded out so soon,you never hear of any of them in search or worried (JG,JH,PB) they seem have gotten over it :-(

I do know JH is in Afghanistan he was shipped out a few months back but there was alot of time between April and then where you heard nothing. Why wasn't he is MB more since he was so close? Just thinking outloud I guess.

JG- I think has a new girlfriend. So maybe he was cheating on BD? Don't know but he had said he needed someone when BD went missing to turn to and he didnt' know what to call her. I don't know about all that don't know any of them personally just saw it a while back I believe in a news article.

PB well didnt' expect anything from that one.

mlatta, RoseC, locals...I haven't posted here in quite a while but with the anniversary approaching it has piqued my interest again, although I have to admit, not many days have gone by I havent thought of this young lady.

Anyway, especially mlatta who is trekking around, and for other locals I want to get opinions/input on some of my original thoughts about this case.

Does anyone find it odd her phone pinged in Surfside and then not again until below Georgetown? Surely there were towers through MI and PI to pass, yet it didn't ping. This led me to believe who ever had her cut back to 701 in Surfside - much more rural area, maybe less towers to hit...?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....430868,-79.306183&spn=0.253284,0.615921&z=11
(having trouble with that map...if it puts you in the ocean, just pull it to the right!)

Also, I had serious concerns at this time, enough to make me contact MBPD, for what it was worth, but the week before her disappearance, there had been two attempted assaults on young girls at two different resorts, both between Bar Harbor and the hotel the boys were staying at. These were 'sister resorts'...no cameras in either case - Captains Quarters, April 12, 9th Ave South and then Hotel Blue, April 13, 7th Ave South. Now, who would know they could attempt to assault these girls in the hallways/stairwells of these resorts that did not have video surveillance? No one but an employee/local/someone who was involved in the construction of the resorts, etc. That has always bothered me. These attempted assaults were pretty much swept under the rug and blown away in the media at the time due to the massive wildfires going on in the area at the time. Many employees/locals who work in the MB area live in the more rural areas...and on top of that the area of Andrews/Kingstree etc is very small, 'every one knows every one' - not like an established member of the community can just go out 'hunting' and not risk identification. Myrtle Beach opens up the possibilities for someone in a small outskirt to dip in and dip back into the country with much ease and much more to choose from.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca..._on_leads_in_attempted_sexual_assualts/44666/

Anyway, Andrews area has ALWAYS bugged me, always. There is another young woman missing from that area from just a few years ago; young, blond...As far as Brittanee's case goes, the reports early in the case that her cell phone had traveled inland towards Williamsburg Co. (Andrews is in both W'burg AND G'town, am I correct?) and THEN back toward the coast. It was during the weird time when news media were all over the place with it. Right now this is the only reference I can find to it in one of my posts from last year:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC-Brittanee Drexel 17, Msg 04/25/09, Myrtle Beach thread #2

I just have a nagging feeling and that feeling leads me towards the Andrews area and nothing but her phone coming back out on the bottom end of Georgetwon to go in that river.

So, since this story has evolved to pretty much right back where we started from almost a year ago, I thought I would put all this back in the laps of the ones newer to it and see what you guys think.

where did you get all those pics of britt?

I don't know what pictures you're referring to, or if you're even talking to me, but you can find photos of her on "her" MS page. It's clear she's not the one running it currently (her friend KL is doing it), but it's unclear if the page was hers prior to her disappearance. The majority of the info on the page is inaccurate (at least currently).

The page was created 6/9/2007, so it seems likely it may have been hers at one point.

mlatta, RoseC, locals...I haven't posted here in quite a while but with the anniversary approaching it has piqued my interest again, although I have to admit, not many days have gone by I havent thought of this young lady.

Anyway, especially mlatta who is trekking around, and for other locals I want to get opinions/input on some of my original thoughts about this case.

Does anyone find it odd her phone pinged in Surfside and then not again until below Georgetown? Surely there were towers through MI and PI to pass, yet it didn't ping. This led me to believe who ever had her cut back to 701 in Surfside - much more rural area, maybe less towers to hit...?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....430868,-79.306183&spn=0.253284,0.615921&z=11
(having trouble with that map...if it puts you in the ocean, just pull it to the right!)

Also, I had serious concerns at this time, enough to make me contact MBPD, for what it was worth, but the week before her disappearance, there had been two attempted assaults on young girls at two different resorts, both between Bar Harbor and the hotel the boys were staying at. These were 'sister resorts'...no cameras in either case - Captains Quarters, April 12, 9th Ave South and then Hotel Blue, April 13, 7th Ave South. Now, who would know they could attempt to assault these girls in the hallways/stairwells of these resorts that did not have video surveillance? No one but an employee/local/someone who was involved in the construction of the resorts, etc. That has always bothered me. These attempted assaults were pretty much swept under the rug and blown away in the media at the time due to the massive wildfires going on in the area at the time. Many employees/locals who work in the MB area live in the more rural areas...and on top of that the area of Andrews/Kingstree etc is very small, 'every one knows every one' - not like an established member of the community can just go out 'hunting' and not risk identification. Myrtle Beach opens up the possibilities for someone in a small outskirt to dip in and dip back into the country with much ease and much more to choose from.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca..._on_leads_in_attempted_sexual_assualts/44666/

Anyway, Andrews area has ALWAYS bugged me, always. There is another young woman missing from that area from just a few years ago; young, blond...As far as Brittanee's case goes, the reports early in the case that her cell phone had traveled inland towards Williamsburg Co. (Andrews is in both W'burg AND G'town, am I correct?) and THEN back toward the coast. It was during the weird time when news media were all over the place with it. Right now this is the only reference I can find to it in one of my posts from last year:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC-Brittanee Drexel 17, Msg 04/25/09, Myrtle Beach thread #2

I just have a nagging feeling and that feeling leads me towards the Andrews area and nothing but her phone coming back out on the bottom end of Georgetwon to go in that river.

So, since this story has evolved to pretty much right back where we started from almost a year ago, I thought I would put all this back in the laps of the ones newer to it and see what you guys think.

I do recall the 2 reports of guy with girls in April,but ive never heard if guy was caught,,,,,,, i thought i maybe wrong but i thought report on cell pinging in Williamburg/gtow county was misreported,only news i seen and even heard DD state was cell ping in Santee,,but was sunday nite of that ping,,,but news report so much no one can follower it (i cant) but as ive stated she went missing around 8:15- 8:30 PM LEMB didnt know till early sunday morning,, so alot of lost hours there,,,,,,,for Girl missing in Andrews,i can say because i know of her it was drug related,,alot i could say but cant prove so i want comment on her,,,,,,,but its odd how BD disappeared within 5-7 min leaving PB,LE has her on video,but she never made it to next camera,so she had be picked up,,,,all we can truly do is pray hope someone will remember,,i have seen ML fliers he posted Sunday,,good job,,sad those friends not helping and strangers are,,,but what goes around comes around,and payback is hell,so i truly hope all those friends reap there rewards :-(

Oh yes, most all teenagers from Andrews/Kingstree stay in MB during the summer,so lord only knows who picked her up,,,

No doubt, that was a nasty little crowd she was with here. I saw some of the things posted on FB and MS at that time and it was shocking. But I'll say what I said then, they were so self-absorbed & arrogant, to put it bluntly, if they had done anything to her they would have put her in a dumpster and headed on down to Kryptonite.

Running around the murky swamps of South Carolina, 40 miles away, at midnight, in this area where things definitely 'go bump in the night', playing hide the cell phone AND her body? More than one of them it would take to do it and no one ever give up the goods?
Nope...they're not gonna do it.

JMO.

Some questions as I have tried to check back through some of these threads but unable to read all, without a forum it is hard to follow some of these cases...

is there some blog/forum with a more condensed version of who is who, what was going on, how Britanee came to be with these people from her home town etc??

I would appreciate any pointers to such a thread/forum or a place in these threads where the basics were laid out ..thanks

even without such info I do have some thoughts>>

1) I strongly feel that this is NOT some sex slave or kidnap ring

2) Just off the top of my head I would not think that a group of young people would
plan this out , kill her, and then all be perfectly able to not squeal on the others for a year

>>>>> my best guess is like others are saying...some drug deal gone wrong, some drug involved guy /s she met up with and things went horribly "wrong"....some locals/drug guys....???

I tend to think the most simple answer/scenario will be right....but what is hard here is to find where her remains are....a lot of wilderness, forest, water....and she could have been placed in a rural dumpster or somehow gotten rid of like that

It is sad that this case gets so little attention....we heard about the sunglasses and then nothing more....

I don't think Myrtle Beach has done a very good job but not sure they had much to work with...of course they may be simply trying to protect their tourist trade the way people continously accuse Aruba of doing >?????

This may help mlatta in covering the area also. It is a post I made last year after watching a news report showing LE actually out on the side of the road doing searches.

I hope you will understand my point about Hwy 701 here, but the interesting thing here is that if you notice, the specific house number I gleaned from the mailbox along the road, just in the news shot, it is way north of the river. It just appears I wasnt the only one thinking they tracked over to 701 to bypass Pawleys and Murrell's Inlet, since they were searching that roadway.

Again, for some reason the map I linked on that page is now off a little; pull it over to the right and down some to get a better perspective if you cant clearly see Points A & B at first.

I would not think there's much complication here. She was walking alone at dusk back to her hotel. She may not have even made it out of the parking lot. We see one young girl or woman after another abducted and murdered. That's what these predators do, acting alone. It isn't any more complicated than that from the cases of so many here.

rd

Exactly.....

And with friends like that... Well you all know how the rest of that goes...

Not really....in case after case we see these same "theories" put on message boards but they have seldom been proven in any real life cases

"the friends" ...yes, kids party...they often have bad friends...kids who party hearty tend to have irresponsible friends....kids act inappropriate, feel fearless, take risks, take nutty pictures of themselves and post on the net, drink and sometimes take drugs...

however in most all of these cases the "friends" did not have anything to do with subsequent tragedies

in fact I can only remember one case where this was true...it happened years ago here in south florida and they even made a movie about it "Bully"
a group of friends conspired to murder their "friend" and ringleader/abuser/bully

other than that NONE of the "bad friends" have ever been shown to be the murderer in case after case.....Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, the gal in Ohio, the gal killed by the bouncer in New York, and so on and so on

~~~~~ other message board only theories I always discount :
sex slave ring and "she just took off and is in hiding somewhere"

when a young woman goes missing you mostly can bet she has been accosted by some murderous creep....very random in some cases...

if you add in party time, drinking, and /or drugs the odds go higher

the other sensible thought is that her lover/sig other/former lover/baby daddy murdered her.....but in this case and some of the other "young woman missing" cases there is no real suspect like that, so back to square one and

"random stranger" or "semi stranger"....(drug connection)<<< Most Likely IMHO

Least Likely: "friends' conspired to murder her

yes friends may be little creeps but they probably could not even hold a secret let alone form a murder conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley