MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, new to the boards and I had a few questions about this case. I have been trying to catch up and read all the posts, but was there ever any info on the last video of kara at school? Or are there other videos besides the one where she is talking to some girl? I watched the video with close attention to non-verbals and just wondered if this aspect of the case has been addressed.

Thanks!

Welcome to WS sleepface11.

There really hasn't been any info released about that video. Only recently has info been released that Kara had a disagreement with one of her teachers before leaving school. I don't know that the teacher is the person she is talking to in the video, but there has been speculation that the recorded conversation seems to be an argument.

Hi NM,

I respect your opinion about Kylr being responsibility for her disappearance. Even though it was confirmed by the paper and I checked on this, that he passed two polygraphs and LE made an official announcement that he was not a suspect.

There's no question he's off the deep end. Kylr's alibi checked out. Slight possibility that Kara left because she was afraid of him?

At this point, I don't care if I'm right or wrong, it bugs me more and more this case isn't close to being solved and there is nothing more I can do and have looked into just about everything. Where does one go from here?

Whether you're correct or not, I'm convinced at least one of her friends knows something and is keeping quiet.

BTW: I also thought it was quite laughable that the psychic thought she was at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. I suppose it's a good way to earn your money without getting proved to be incorrect.

Hi Wiz,

I'm just wondering about who you spoke with to verify that Kylr DID pass the LDT? I have only ever seen it stated by Kylr himself in an interview that's no longer available. Thanks.

Welcome to WS sleepface11.

There really hasn't been any info released about that video. Only recently has info been released that Kara had a disagreement with one of her teachers before leaving school. I don't know that the teacher is the person she is talking to in the video, but there has been speculation that the recorded conversation seems to be an argument.

Ahh that makes more sense, the nonverbals of the friend indicted a disapproval of whatever Kara had said. I did more researching and found there were no other survellience videos except the one. Does anyone know where students went when they decided to skip school? perhaps a local mall or something to pass time?

Hello all, new to the boards and I had a few questions about this case. I have been trying to catch up and read all the posts, but was there ever any info on the last video of kara at school? Or are there other videos besides the one where she is talking to some girl? I watched the video with close attention to non-verbals and just wondered if this aspect of the case has been addressed.

Thanks!

Hi sleepface:

This was the only video captured of Kara on the day she disappeared. There were a lot of hand and arm gestures if you watch closely on the video, but a friend had mentioned that's the way she communicates, so very possibly it's nothing at all. I'm sure the person that was speaking with Kara was interviewed by LE, but more than likely nothing ever came about this.

Hi Wiz,

I'm just wondering about who you spoke with to verify that Kylr DID pass the LDT? I have only ever seen it stated by Kylr himself in an interview that's no longer available. Thanks.

Hi NM,

There was an article in a local newspaper that confirmed the story. Unless you contacted LE, it's probably the only valid reference that's out there. His friends and other acquaintances are far from reliable resources, unless they spoke with LE directly.

BTW: I had invited the creator of the Kara Kopetsky missing website back into our forums about a month ago, but haven't heard from her.

Hi Wiz,

I was wondering the same thing? Unless word comes from the mouth of LE themselves (not sure i would even except their word) i will not take Kylr's or the media's word on any results. What i would like is about 15 minutes alone with him. :burn:

Bumping up, a new year starting with high hopes of resolution.

Welcome to WS Sleepface11 :Welcome-12-june:

Ok I have a question. Soon after the Caylee Anthony case broke, there was a TON of documents scanned and posted on docstoc.com (or something like that) including transcripts of a bunch of interviews, even transcripts of Casey's text message/instant msg conversations with her friends. It was actually a bit too much info really, it even had phone numbers of Casey's innocent friends...

But yeah I know this isn't a Caylee thread but my question is - was that stuff officially released, leaked, or obtained by someone as public record? Is doing the same for Kara's case as easy as walking into Belton PD and requesting copies of the file?

Ok I have a question. Soon after the Caylee Anthony case broke, there was a TON of documents scanned and posted on docstoc.com (or something like that) including transcripts of a bunch of interviews, even transcripts of Casey's text message/instant msg conversations with her friends. It was actually a bit too much info really, it even had phone numbers of Casey's innocent friends...

But yeah I know this isn't a Caylee thread but my question is - was that stuff officially released, leaked, or obtained by someone as public record? Is doing the same for Kara's case as easy as walking into Belton PD and requesting copies of the file?

The Caylee case is in Florida. Florida has what's called the Sunshine Law. It's a public right to information law. All the info was done through a public records request. Most people are mistaken in thinking that the info was leaked. In fact, Casey's attorney nefariously promotes that thought when he appears on TV. I don't know if Missouri has the same type of law. Most states do not. HTH. :)

The Caylee case is in Florida. Florida has what's called the Sunshine Law. It's a public right to information law. All the info was done through a public records request. Most people are mistaken in thinking that the info was leaked. In fact, Casey's attorney nefariously promotes that thought when he appears on TV. I don't know if Missouri has the same type of law. Most states do not. HTH. :)

Thanks... wasn't sure how that worked... but was thinking those records will definitely have information on that house where Kara supposedly was confirmed to have been... if that information is true. It wouldn't be too hard from there to figure out whose house it was and see if the person has any other ties to her.

Thought this post from another site was quite interesting:

Missing Kara Kopetsky, possible location,
I believe I have spotted her here in Daytona Beach Florida.
I went on my afternoon ride, I am sure this was her, she was on the end of Main Street at A1A, Ocean BLD.
She was wearing flowered shorts a a tank top.
She has a unique shaped face with her lower face more prominent then her forehead.
She had a tattoo looked to be around her right ankle and a solid black star tattoo on her left wrist. She seem to be showing them off with her stance. They do tattoo’s here in many places and some are temporary.
This girl fits the profile and as I mentioned, she has very pretty, unusual facial features.
She is 18 now so.
I will go for a ride again to see if I can spot her again and stop a speak to her if I see her.
I went back and turned around on my bike MC, three times to look closely at her.
I have been working on the missing for a few years.
I hope this can help you..
Inf Submitted by;

Comment by David B. Earl | January 20, 2009

There was another sighting of her in Texas a few months later, even though it still could be the same person, this poster didn't have the credibility of the poster from Florida. I really think this girl is alive and as mentioned earlier some place with a warm climate in the US or possibly even Mexico.

Finally found Kara's forum! I wanted to add here that at the very least, I have seen Kara's missing poster in our local grocery. I'm about 1 1/2 hrs from Belton, and we are a very rural town. I was pleased to see that someone was taking interest in this girl's dissapearance. I hope and pary the sightings in warmer climate lead somewhere and Kara is found safe.

Today is Kara's 20th birthday.....prayers for her & those who love & miss her.

Was not able to be on until today. Happy Birthday to Kara. May God keep you in his warm embrace no matter where you are. You will always be in our hearts and prayers. Never lose hope, never lose faith, never give up!

Saw this today and wanted to post the link here in case anyone in and around Belton would recognize this area. I try to keep an open mind and the lady seems sincere in using her 'psychic' abilities to help find Kara. And, although I'm always hesistant to generate hope with such things, I've read enough confirmed reports from police departments around the nation as well as the FBI where psychics were used successfully that at the very least it's worth posting here in our continued effort to find Kara and resolve this case.

http://psychicsunitetofindmissingchildren.blogspot.com/2010/03/kara-kopetsky.html

Hi Everybody,

I've been lurking for a while here, and now I think I've (finally!) finished reading through all of the back threads... just don't want to repeat what's already been discussed.

Firstly, it's incredibly sad that this much time has passed since her disappearance without any resolution. Whatever the state of MO thinks, 17 is awfully young to be considered an adult, and I think that local LE shouldn't have been so quick to offer up the opinion that she's likely run away willingly, and there's nothing they can do in that case. All of the indicators previously mentioned (debit card, cell phone, carton of cigarettes) indicate she didn't leave willingly. And many of her friends mentioned her "loud" personality and the fact that she couldn't have kept it a secret. I agree with that entirely.... teens nowadays are so used to sharing, sharing, sharing over the internet with facebook and myspace, and I can't see a typical teen like Kara being able to cut herself off entirely from the social networking.

I've read up on the case on the internet, and found a blog which had some weird postings... someone mentioned that "My youngest daughter informed that Kara's younger brother (19 at the time) committed suicide last Summer. My daughter was friends with him throughout elementary & middle school."
Another poster quickly questioned the reputed age of the brother: "Her brother (step-brother) was only 8 when she went missing..... ??
Perhaps she had a blood brother too?", and then the original poster confirmed with: "IIRC it is her step-brother (stepmoms son).
My daughter sent me the Obit - but I didn't think I should post it with all the personal info in it"

Have you heard anything about this? Is it true? If so, this is tremendously sad.

Hi Everybody,

I've been lurking for a while here, and now I think I've (finally!) finished reading through all of the back threads... just don't want to repeat what's already been discussed.

Firstly, it's incredibly sad that this much time has passed since her disappearance without any resolution. Whatever the state of MO thinks, 17 is awfully young to be considered an adult, and I think that local LE shouldn't have been so quick to offer up the opinion that she's likely run away willingly, and there's nothing they can do in that case. All of the indicators previously mentioned (debit card, cell phone, carton of cigarettes) indicate she didn't leave willingly. And many of her friends mentioned her "loud" personality and the fact that she couldn't have kept it a secret. I agree with that entirely.... teens nowadays are so used to sharing, sharing, sharing over the internet with facebook and myspace, and I can't see a typical teen like Kara being able to cut herself off entirely from the social networking.

I've read up on the case on the internet, and found a blog which had some weird postings... someone mentioned that "My youngest daughter informed that Kara's younger brother (19 at the time) committed suicide last Summer. My daughter was friends with him throughout elementary & middle school."
Another poster quickly questioned the reputed age of the brother: "Her brother (step-brother) was only 8 when she went missing..... ??
Perhaps she had a blood brother too?", and then the original poster confirmed with: "IIRC it is her step-brother (stepmoms son).
My daughter sent me the Obit - but I didn't think I should post it with all the personal info in it"

Have you heard anything about this? Is it true? If so, this is tremendously sad.

good post. I feel that at some point kara would at least need to use a social security card number or something, I don't feel that she ran away at all. belton police deptartment like so many others inject the " runaway" theory much to quickly in these type of cases. its a simple fact kara did not run away. I feel that a current of ex boyfriend of hers knows everything about what happened to her, also around the time she went missing, either just before or after, another young girl went missing and I think her remains were located " someone correct me if thats untrue" its been a long time since I have kept this case on my reading schedule... belton police should be doing more then just simply saying she ran away, after all aren't police the ones we depend on? after all we are all paying there paychecks so they should be looking into this case at least once a month or so. this case is not going to resolve itself, its going to take much more then saying she ran away....

Agreed. With this much time gone by without any contact from Kara, LE needs to revisit their theory and put some more time into this case.

The people surrounding this case need to be re-interviewed! Kara's facebook profile indicated that some of her friends did think she may have ran away, at least at first, and I bet the interviews in general right after her disappearance reflected this confusion. With time passing, though, they have probably thought a lot about Kara and this case (I know I would), and IMO ,some new stuff would come out. People who, out of loyalty to Kara, may have held back information thinking that she was potentially a runaway who wouldn't appreciate their speaking out, may be more willing to speak now.

Also, I can't remember if her computer was ever really examined thoroughly. If LE really did think she was a runaway, they must have been amazed at her perfectly she did it, disappearing truly without a trace. Logically, then, that would indicate she had help, whether from a person or (my guess) from the internet. So if LE really believed that, they should have pursued that particular lead harder as well, i.e. home computers, computers she may have used at school, public libraries, etc. But now it's probably too late for most of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361