WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
A co-worker of mine just got back from lunch and said there were numerous police vehicles down at the boat launch and that it was blocked off. Looked like they had divers there. She said one LE vehicle was from Warden. Maybe not related....or maybe it is. She said they were looking down through the rocks

That's interesting. If it is related LE seems to be concentrating a lot on the boat lauch.

If they are at the boat launch in regards to MC........Why did they wait so long?? Lot's of people have been down there since the 9th! If they find something now, it could be thrown out of the court for tampered with evidence.

Thanks Jarethamarie. Just speculation, and although highly improbable (pardon the graphic visual associated) - is there any remote chance of her going through the dam? Possible cause for mangling/dismemberment as a result of the turbines?

Another thought on the boat idea - I mentioned in an earlier post the only boat ramp in the CB area is at/near CB island. However I just remembered there is another small boat ramp northwest ? (upriver) of CB (off Mansfield Road from Trinidad). It is the next place closest to CB with homes and beach access. Not far from the beach where MC was found.

This was discussed back in threads # 5 or 6, IIRC. But, it's OK by me if we rehash it.

Here’s a comprehensive list of all public boat launches between Wanapum Dam and Rock Island Dam:

(1) There are 2 boat launches at CB.

(2) There is one boat launch at Little CB (about 1/2 mile up river from CB Island).

(3) There is also a public boat launch near Malaga at the end of Tarpiscan Road (west side of the river).

(4) There is a fifth and final boat launch at Sunland Estates (about 8-miles down river from CB).

You post refers to the boat launch at Little CB. The problem with this boat launch is that it is not very private. It is located in a wealthy neighborhood with homeowners who reside there year-around. This is a very close-knit community, and they don’t like outsiders using “their boat launch,” even though it is public. Launching a boat at the Little CB boat launch would almost certainly arouse the attention of one or more homeowners.

Also, the Little CB boat launch is about 500 yards from the location where MC’s body was found. I can’t fathom why the perps would launch a boat only to transport MC’s body 500 yards down river.

FYI: I believe that the Little CB boat launch and the 2 boat launches at CB were unusable for purposes of launching boats during the relevant time period because the river level was so low. I don’t know this firsthand, but another sleuther posted that the Tarpiscan boat launch would likewise be unusable for the same reason. I am not familiar with the Sunland Estates’ boat launch.

Does anyone know how many Chelan County deputies there are and/or how many patrol cars we have in this county?

The reason I ask is that this morning around 8:30 while driving east to Wenatchee, we counted 7 patrol cars and one patrol truck all heading west towards Leavenworth. We saw them as we were driving between Dryden and Monitor. They were spaced about 15 to 20 cars apart, and none had their lights going. Nor were they driving fast.

I have never seen that many deputies all heading in the same direction at the same time. It made me wonder if they were on their way to visit someone, perhaps up a certain pass, and were spaced so far apart so as not to look too conspicuous.

The only other time I see that many deputies is during Apple Blossom, and then they're parked on the side of the road with people pulled over for speeding.

Just speculation on my part. It was certainly weird to see.

A co-worker of mine just got back from lunch and said there were numerous police vehicles down at the boat launch and that it was blocked off. Looked like they had divers there. She said one LE vehicle was from Warden. Maybe not related....or maybe it is. She said they were looking down through the rocks

As in the little town of Warden that is SE of Moses Lake and S of I-90?

If they are at the boat launch in regards to MC........Why did they wait so long?? Lot's of people have been down there since the 9th! If they find something now, it could be thrown out of the court for tampered with evidence.

It does seem crazy, but perhaps they have received some sort of tip. My co-worker said they were crawling, so maybe what they are looking for is small and may have gone unnoticed before. And maybe its unrelated, but thought I would put it out there.

Does anyone know how many Chelan County deputies there are and/or how many patrol cars we have in this county?

The reason I ask is that this morning around 8:30 while driving east to Wenatchee, we counted 7 patrol cars and one patrol truck all heading west towards Leavenworth. We saw them as we were driving between Dryden and Monitor. They were spaced about 15 to 20 cars apart, and none had their lights going. Nor were they driving fast.

I have never seen that many deputies all heading in the same direction at the same time. It made me wonder if they were on their way to visit someone, perhaps up a certain pass, and were spaced so far apart so as not to look too conspicuous.

The only other time I see that many deputies is during Apple Blossom, and then they're parked on the side of the road with people pulled over for speeding.

Just speculation on my part. It was certainly weird to see.

That is strange. Although on my way into town slightly before that, there were several at the School St intersection working traffic so the flatbed caring the Bigfoot truck (monster truck) could pull out. Although, I am hoping that so many were headed north is a good sign!

I haven't followed this from the very very beginning so can someone tell me whether or not there was ever a public appeal from the family to help locate MC during the time she was missing (news broadcast)?

Could the case be dragging on because LE just might want the overtime pay? Hate to throw that out there but it happens all the time. I know there was an article discussing how this would impact the budget etc. Someone will be paying for the investigation regardless so.....Thoughts?

ginnii345- there was never a public from the family appeal to help located MC. They have not spoken to any media about the disappearance or the murder.

Something else to add, MC's friends were the ones that organized the fundraising efforts. They collected money from a sports game and got about $5,000 that way. Then, they did a walk.

Not trying to judge the family here, but these are just things to think about. Did they not speak out and donate money because they already knew who did it? I don't know because the person is still not arrested so LE obviously needs more, of something.

MOO

It does seem crazy, but perhaps they have received some sort of tip. My co-worker said they were crawling, so maybe what they are looking for is small and may have gone unnoticed before. And maybe its unrelated, but thought I would put it out there.

Maybe some of MC's jewelry?

Since a Warden LE was there, (Rumor), my thought about it is it was a training exercise. The cost would be spread out, and not charged to the MC investigation, but if they happened to find something related to the case, it could certainly still be used in the investigation.

Guess that might have been all the LE headed out towards Leavenworth too, (maybe just trainees headed back to the coast). ETA: Nevermind this part, I see that happened this morning.

I would love to see a photo of them down there... anyone catch an image with their phone???

anyone close enough to go take a peek??

I would love to see a photo of them down there... anyone catch an image with their phone???

Lets turn this rumor into a fact. SOMEONE head down there and snap a pic for all us non-locals. Heck, Puf might even add it to her timeline.

Since a Warden LE was there, (Rumor), my thought about it is it was a training exercise. The cost would be spread out, and not charged to the MC investigation, but if they happened to find something related to the case, it could certainly still be used in the investigation.

Guess that might have been all the LE headed out towards Leavenworth too, (maybe just trainees headed back to the coast). ETA: Nevermind that, I see that happened this morning.

All of the patrol vehicles we saw were CCSO. And with Chelan County being such a huge geographical area, it was strange to see so many concentrated in this one area.

That's why I was curious about the number of patrol cars in the whole county. I wonder what percentage of the total these 8 represent. I've tried researching the total number, but I couldn't find it.

Lets turn this rumor into a fact. SOMEONE head down there and snap a pic for all us non-locals. Heck, Puf might even add it to her timeline.

I will be headed that way shortly and can check. Although, I wouldn't call it rumor, since my co-worker told me directly. I guess since none of you know her nor myself, you can call it rumor. However, the one thing she is not is a liar, so I will accept as fact. She was able to pull into the parking area and the LE cars were positioned as to block any entry to the actual boat launch. We have both been following this case, so she thought to share it with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆