Starting from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Kent, thank you so much for all you do, and all you did in meeting with RHPD etc. I agree with so much that you wrote.

You are correct that BK has not outright asked for our help, but he has also not asked us NOT to search on his behalf. I am torn with all the information coming to light over the past few days, and while I completely support those who need to step away for awhile, I do think we need to keep moving forward.

Those of us who worked on Juan Doe have seen the other side of the coin. It is not just about the John/Juan/BK Does. It is about their family too. Juan Doe's family had no idea he was in AZ, even though there were news reports, etc on him. We don't know much about them, but we do know that they were desperately searching for a man that they loved, and when he was found, they were elated. If we are not doing this for more than BK, then what the H*LL are we here at WS anyway? We help other families who are looking for loved ones, so in a huge way we are not just helping BK, we are helping his family. Don't they have a right to know what happened to him? Don't you think there are wives, or sisters, or sons, who just don't have the knowledge of missing persons resources that we do, so do not know that he has been "found?" Perhaps they just don't have internet or know how to use it; perhaps they don't have tv's or read the National Enquirer. Perhaps he has been missing so long that they just do not recognize him, or assume he is dead by now, so are no longer looking. That is exactly WHY we are here for everyone--to help those who need the help.

We can say "well there has been so much media coverage, why hasn't his family come forward?" My own parents are around BK's age. Until I verbally told them about BK, they had never heard anything about him, and they live in the southeast. Likewise my in-laws. I am certain that even though he has been on Dr. Phil, and has been on some regional news, he has not had BIG nationwide coverage, and the majority of people in the US have NOT heard of him.

That ancestry.com/NBC show is cute (the one that helps celebrities find their ancestry), but why can't they do a show on the people like BK, Anna Waters, and Deanna Merryfield who are ones that REALLY need help from ancestry.com and their researchers.

Anyway...Kent, I look forward to your notes on your meetings. Thank you!

I discovered this forum last August quite by accident (I usually stay in the Caylee forum and am a "mini mod" in that forum) and took an interest in this case since I am a local with many ties to the community (as I have posted about in the past). I was hopeful that I could possibly assist the efforts of the members in this forum since I had access locally, so devoted time from my crazy, busy schedule and began corresponding with Believe to catch me up on the details of the search over the previous 5 years.

I felt we were making some headway, but did get frustrated when it appeared TO ME that Benjaman was ignoring any direct questions. As some of you may remember, I took photos of the Burger King and surrounding area and posted them in this forum for reference. For a variety of reasons, by the end of the year, I made a personal decision to step out of this case as I personally began to believe that Benjaman and NB's actions in assisting our sleuthers were not indicative of someone who wanted our assistance, for whatever reason. I became aware of many inconsistencies, false reporting of facts, and false statements. I was on the verge of involving some local, (a few who were senior citizens) but had reservations due to questions I began having.

I do have to say, however, that I spent much time debating my decision to walk away, especially when considering all the intense efforts of so many of you, but most especially, Believe, who I came to know as someone who was completely dedicated to this case, but also very protective of all of you. I have, and will always, the utmost respect for this caring, compassionate, intelligent soul.

In light of recent events, I am now willing to come forward and state that I am the person who met with Lt Mike Albritton (now Capt) of the RHPD for over two hours in regards to this case and the events of the morning in August of 2004. (Tricia is well aware of who I am, my ties to the community and my past professional and personal relationship with M. Albritton.) At the time, a decision was made to not reveal all details that were relayed during our meeting as to why the RHPD stands firm in their belief that Benjaman was living in the homeless camp less than a mere 100 yds from the dumpster where he was found, with railroad tracks running nearby (!), due to our desire to be sympathetic to Benjaman as he was a member here. But since this seems to be a big issue now, and in order to keep this posting from getting too lengthy, I will bump my old "Questions for RHPD" thread and will state details of what I learned from RHPD, paramedics, and a nurse who was present in the ER at the time Benjaman arrived at St Joe's via ambulance.

But for me....this isn't about whether or not Benjaman was a homeless man or a CEO before the events of the morning in August when he was found. It is about whether or not this person wants OUR assistance in assisting HIM in determining his identity. I have read through every post in every thread on this forum and have yet found a posting from Benjaman stating "Please help me find out who I am!", and/or any real effort in assisting by answering questions in a direct manner.

So I guess my question would be....if months from now, through this DNA information, we were able to prove definitively the identity of "Benjaman Kyle" and passed this information along to him, but he chooses to either ignore, deny or do nothing with the information (like the SS info Believe has passed along), will it be worth our efforts? Will you feel as if your time and efforts were well spent? This is what I have been struggling with...

But we have NO evidence BK's family is looking for him, and there might be a reason. Juan does case was what, a few months at most. This has been going on for 5 years now.... and still NO evidence anyone is looking for Mr. Kyle. There has to be a reason why......

Also, FWIW, and this is my opinion only, actions speak louder than words. While BK hasn't exactly come out and asked people NOT to help identify him, his actions are indicative he does not want to be identified. He said "yes, pictures of Powells may help", when Carolwood offered to look IF BK thought they would help. She started a thread 2 months ago, on February 3rd - after getting BKs go ahead to do so. BK has not logged in since the same day Carolwood started that thread. Why do you think that is?

He doesn't ever directly answer questions; he side steps them with generalities.
Why do you think that is?
And please don't tell me part of his retrograde amnesia includes forgetting whatever knowledge he gained throughout his work history. People don't just forget how to ride bikes, fix cars, build machines etc.

Take a look at the statement from the most recent article regarding the possible DNA connection with the Davidson line.

"I've been this way for five years," Kyle said. "I am Benjaman Kyle now."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/...msg&commentSort=TimeStampDescending&pageNum=1

What does that sound like to any of you? It sounds to me, like he is happy with being Benjaman Kyle. Perhaps he simply does not have the courage to ask people like ourselves, NB and Colleen Fitzpatrick to leave well enough alone and allow him to be and remain Benjaman Kyle. We don't know that he didn't come right out and ask for their help either. Perhaps it is a situation they offered their assistance and he simply did not know how to say NO. And this whole thing has grown beyond him.

Again, this is just MY opinion, but after the recents events brought to light I too am stepping away from working Benjaman Kyles case. There are far too many family members of victims here begging for our assistance and I would like to focus my time, energy and efforts on those cases.

Thanks for all you wonderful WS'rs have done for Mr. Kyles case. Hope to see you in other threads here at WS.

~ Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member