WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 12 pages behind and just caught up to a page about windshield wipers?

It's like getting to the end of a really bad book.

Sorry Dogdad...really slow night. But it could be a classic if there is an arrest...someday.

Sorry Dogdad...really slow night. But it could be a classic if there is an arrest...someday.

I quit holding my breath about 2 weeks ago. Getting real frustrated with LE

I want to think they know who did this but the more time that go"s by the less confidence I have

I quit holding my breath about 2 weeks ago. Getting real frustrated with LE

I want to think they know who did this but the more time that go"s by the less confidence I have

I hope they are not holding out for a cellphone that was most likely tossed like a Hail Mary pass into the river.

ETA: I'm not the cheerleading type but since joining WS, I have found a new found respect for LE. And I understand they have to work to a different set of standards, and if it takes a year to get the right person so be it.

But I don't think us sleuthers will survive it if only have the weather, cellphone triangulation, or wipers to talk about.

Great sleuthing, Liz! So, can we deduce that LE did receive all data from Verizon wireless and any purging of data would have happened at the LE level??? This just gets curiouser and curiouser!

there was no second shooter on a grassy knoll here... the immediate records would have been actually billing records. The ones missing are site data records which would not have been immediately available

Today is the first time I've seen the reward poster. Unfortunately, I was at the wrong Auto Mocha to get any answers.

Attachments

• Cowell Reward Poster.jpg
    Cowell Reward Poster.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 84
One more thing... should we be worried that they just DNA swabbed and questioned that friend of Mac's yesterday for the third time? As much as I would love to remain optimistic, I strangely feel they might not have any idea after all.

Today is the first time I've seen the reward poster. Unfortunately, I was at the wrong Auto Mocha to get any answers.

One more thing... should we be worried that they just DNA swabbed and questioned that friend of Mac's yesterday for the third time? As much as I would love to remain optimistic, I strangely feel they might not have any idea after all.

Maybe these are connected. Everyone is trying to collect the reward and turning in everyone they know. Then LE's job to follow up and rule out every possible lead. Over 600 people had been questioned and wasn't that stated awhile ago?

reminds me of a story... I had to have a rather complicated medical procedure performed a few years ago and a relative encouraged me to have it done in Seattle. When I asked why he said "A+ Doctors dont pick a C+ town to practice in"

Made sense, Not sure why it would be any different for LE.

I am still in wonder about MC posters, I had never even seen one until the other day, and to date, that one has been the only one I have seen. I would think that the family would be out posting them EVERYWHERE!!!! Them putting up posters, could NOT hurt this case?? Emm just don't know.

I don't think le has told the family who the suspect is just that they have one. However if they don't act soon I could see them getting pretty p.o. I can't imagine them telling the family who the perpetual is simply because the parents would probably take the law into their own hands.

Something - like a strong armed car-jacking - while going through the car wash seems more plausible. Again, I wouldn't do this if I had the ability to be alone with MC almost anywhere else, (or could convince her to willingly travel someplace to be alone with her). Forcing anyone to drive you through town is a dangerous game. (FYI: You should NEVER go willingly anywhere under threat of force - it WILL only get worse and give the bad guy more control over the situation).

As to the swinging of a flashlight, or hammer, or almost any blunt object INSIDE a vehicle: IMO, rather difficult. A gun would make a much better threatening weapon in this situation, (YET, it is still better to have a gunshot wound while jumping out of the car in downtown Wenatchee than going ANYWHERE else with that bad guy.) A four minute car wash is a long time, but if MC was willing to have this person in her car to begin with -- she could have asked attendant for help, right? -- why wouldn't the passenger just convince her to drive him home or someplace else that would give the suspect more control over the situation? The risk of doing something downtown, whether in the car wash or not, just seems too high to make it plausible for what I feel is gonna turn out to be a premeditated murder.

I see your points for sure!
I guess I am thinking that the perp wanted to get control over MC quickly without being seen doing so----so getting her to drive him/her somewhere and getting her to walk up to a house using a gun etc. would be far more risky to me (in terms of a neighbor or someone seeing you). So my thought is get control over her quickly inside a carwash, drive down to boatramp and wait or spec house and drive into the garage (with no one seeing MC because she is unconscious), wait until dark, get help moving her into another vehicle, and get the red car up to PC.

I am not certain of the time. I do know for sure MC visited a car wash 2/9. She needed help with the coin operation thing. The attendant remembers seeing her and her red car once the missing person report went out. He contacted LE, took 4 days before LE called him back. A video was submitted that showed "a person in the passenger seat". The tone from the car wash attendant was this was a normal visit, nothing appeared abnormal. In my opinion, this took place before any foul play occurred.

Going back to a post from last night, I don't think we have commented on the four-day wait before LE returned the call from the car wash attendant, if the carwash visit by MC (and ?), the call, and the four-day wait in fact did occur.

Four days seems like quite a span of time to let pass once a citizen has called LE to state they believe they have had an encounter with a missing person.

Do the initials MJ mean anything to anyone? This person is not a minor.

Thanks for posting the picture of the missing poster. I assume this is the one that was circulated back around March 11 that we talked about in thread #8 (seems so long ago).

Your picture confirms what we heard about the missing poster that it said MC left the Academy of Hair Design on a short 15 minute break. Is the thought that she was on a 15 minute break still valid, or is the current thinking that she left for the day?

Unfortunately I am not a good sluether, so I do not know how to pull up old info very well. Maybe someone can help me a little? I am wondering about something(s).....

I believe LE is playing games with killer via public statements.

I also believe there is more to MC'S cell phone than meets the eye. So get ready to get sluethy folks.....

1) WHY OR WHAT makes us believe MC was at boat launch? Just cell phone info? Wasn't there a dive team at boat launch too? What were they looking for? LE posted statement concerning "if anyone has see this phone...." PLUS they posted a picture. SOMETHING doesnt smell right here. But, I don't know what exactly...... for example, maybe LE FoUND battery of phone (in water at boat launch or CB or speck house IDK) but did not find phone and wanted to throw killer off. Or the opposite: found phone WITHOUT battery in it. (but I am not sure what the benifit to LE would be here) I need to learn how to search prior posts- like the cell phone plea from LE. Is there anything that does not add up?

2) There was something that was said from LE (sheriff?) about checking MC's cell info and OTHER peoples,too- to figure out whereabouts during certain times. There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT in my mind this was premeditated- I think all the way down to MC's cell phone. Example;
lets say killer WAS in control of MC's cell at some point. And HYPOTETICALLY he/she was someone that knew MC and it would be normal behavior for this person to be corrresponding with MC via cell. Maybe RIGHT before, during, or RIGHT after the actual murder, the killer text or called MC, so as to make it look like he/she was not there.
3) Also, with my wo:banghead:nderful memory, I recall someone, maybe LE or sheriff, making a statement in regards to cell phone(s)- and it gave me the impresion that maybe TEXTS were erased on MC's phone a/or someone elses,too. Common knowledge- there are text logs that can be verified, but the actual WORDS of those texts are gone FOREVER once they are erased. Another hypothetical example; continuation from above example, killer texts MC's cell to say, " thanks for all the work you did" (or whatever b.s he/she makes up), then takes the battery out of MC's phone. This would show on records that killer was surely not anywhere around MC during this time or else why would he/she be texting her? Then he/she chucks the phone in the water or commercial dumpster IDK, then runs over to get a haircut or something so as to continue proving he/she could not possibly be the murderer.
4) I do believe the killer TOOK OUT MC'S battery in her cell phone!!!! If I were a killer and I knew my prints were on MC's cell phone, or maybe some other damning evidence such as texts, I would make sure I disposed of it! But what would be the benfit of removing MC's BATTERY? Get sluethy here guys...... I have read soooo much on cell phones,pings,towers etc.. I have informaion overload and I know I am missing a SIMPLE, OBViOUSe answer to this question.
5) It seems that if someone wanted to get rid of the battery (or phone) someone could just throw it off the bridge(s) into the Columbia! Just make sure no one is behind you when you huck it- AND NOW IT IS GONE FOREVER!
6) My gut feeling since the very begining is that the cell phone(s) info is going to be HUGE in this case.

I'm thinking that if LE actually had MC's phone, but not the battery....that they could probably just get a new battery for the phone and turn it on. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But the only reason that I see for the killer to remove the battery is to power it off w/o actually pressing the power button. JMO

PS...thecrux, perp is an abreviation for perpetrator, not perpetual ;)

I'm thinking that if LE actually had MC's phone, but not the battery....that they could probably just get a new battery for the phone and turn it on. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But the only reason that I see for the killer to remove the battery is to power it off w/o actually pressing the power button. JMO

PS...thecrux, perp is an abreviation for perpetrator, not perpetual ;)

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member