WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, if death occurred Tuesday night and the body was stored inside a heated dwelling prior to being dropped off at Crescent Bar late Friday/early Saturday morning, it might still register an internal body temperature.

If that happened, then the body didn't come ashore or wash up. If the body had been in the water, then the internal body temperature would be cool. So, with a slightly warm temperature, could it be possible the body was placed early Saturday morning?

Too bad we don't know the approximate time of death.

Please tell us about MC being at the car wash with a passenger. thanks.

Nothing much new. The info I posted way back when was overheard, spoken by LE.
-MC was at the Superwash around 4 (the one next to Dusty's Burger, not 5th Ave)
-Male attendance told LE he remembers her in her car with a male passenger.

I never heard anything about her needing help with the machine, or that it took LE 4 days to get back to the person who called in. Not that that really matters much...

I never heard anything about her needing help with the machine, or that it took LE 4 days to get back to the person who called in. Not that that really matters much...

Thanks for the help on this---I have a couple of questions for you---
a. Did the attendant see her go into an automatic carwash or was she doing it by hand herself?
b. Didn't you say that it was caught on video but the other person was not sharp enough in the video to identify?

Thanks H20skier!

How do we know LE wasn't misleading with this information, also? Remember, the people that found her told one of our sleuthers that she was lying on the bank with her feet "bobbing" in the river. IIRC They thought it looked like she had been in the river and possibly washed up on the bank or been deposited there and the water level had dropped. I'm not really sure what to believe.

Don't believe anything. We go with the evidence we uncover and compare it to what LE tells us. We also consider rumors and deductive reasoning.

I don't believe MC "washed up" on the beach and the water receded. The neighbor who lives above this property noted in early interviews with the press that he noticed that Saturday morning the grasses where MC was found nearby were disturbed, it didn't look the same...several hours later he saw LE.

Thanks Jgk. That would explain why in Puf's Timeline it says " . . "It appears she was put there by someone....We've got to find this monster." What they left out is her body was dragged to that place.

I think I have put too much thought on the word 'put', as to me that says 'put in a particular way', as posed, for instance. What is interesting about that is everything about how the body is left gives clues to help profiling the perp. We just don't have enough details yet.

I thought your thought could be very probable ;}

The dragging part is our WSleuthing...rumor and reasonable...but not a fact...yet.

I can see some LE leaks, I can see some leaks from witnesses or those who have been questioned. I have a very hard time seeing medical leaks, that autopsy room should have been locked tighter than Ft Knox and reputations and jobs are totally on the line. IMO medical professionals are very tight lipped and I just don't see a leak coming from this quadrant. Medical professionals are held to such a high legal and ethical standard. JMO.

I am curious why everyone has assumed that MC was killed in the first hours/day of her disappearance? I have always wondered if she was held captive for a time. This new rumor of there being an internal body temp. makes me speculate more. If we remember back to the weekend her body was discovered, and all the stories that were swirling around, the one that sticks out in my mind is that this WAS a horrific murder. As quoted from LE, "We've got to find this monster..." The perp(s) were referred to as a monster for a reason. Maybe the rumors of torture, finger nail removal, etc...have some truth to them. If this crime was carried out by someone with a grudge, and was trying to teach MC a lesson, or get even, then I think it is quite possible she was taunted, and that the crime didn't necessarily take place on 2/9. If she was held captive at some random warehouse, or barn, somewhere up a muddy road where her car tires got coated before it was ditched? Just speculating another option....

Don't believe anything. We go with the evidence we uncover and compare it to what LE tells us. We also consider rumors and deductive reasoning.

I don't believe MC "washed up" on the beach and the water receded. The neighbor who lives above this property noted in early interviews with the press that he noticed that Saturday morning the grasses where MC was found nearby were disturbed, it didn't look the same...several hours later he saw LE.

Thanks, I wonder if the neighbor had looked at that grassed area on Wed, Thurs or Fri?

This carwash issue really frustrates and infuriates me.

This is probably the single most important location placing MC with another person (male) and we have NO information.

Vid cams at carwash that can not establish sex of the passenger let alone description.

No passenger description from attendants, height, weight, color hair, race, length of hair, body build, clothing?

Yet, if MC knew this guy than most likely MC's best girlfriends would know who this was. JV is clueless that this person exists.

Pics of MC's car are inconclusive that the car was washed...pressing towards not washed...JV says MC did not care about washing car.

SO, what is the deal with this place. If this actually occurred there would have been severe LE interogation on a POI and an arrest 1 week after MC was found.

This sounds like a hoax on WSers. To date, no press or LE even have made a hint to a carwash.

In my previous life I was an industrial accident investigator and the heresay people throw out to mess you up is unbelievable.
No disrespect for our new posters but we need to really scrutinize this information IMO

I am double checking with the person who gave me this information. My source spoke with the carwash attendant. I will post as soon as I get the details.

JF was with WC at the candle vigil.
JF was not with the family at the memorial. I suppose he could have been somewhere in the crowd of 1800, but I didn't see him (yes, I was looking FOR him).

I am double checking with the person who gave me this information. My source spoke with the carwash attendant. I will post as soon as I get the details.

JF was not with the family at the memorial. I suppose he could have been somewhere in the crowd of 1800, but I didn't see him (yes, I was looking FOR him).

Also, did carwash attendant recognize MC from photo LE displayed or did attendant know MC personally?

Thanks, I wonder if the neighbor had looked at that grassed area on Wed, Thurs or Fri?

That neighbor that was interviewed was talking about the "brodie" marks out on the grass, which was established by Del Rio's pictures, as having been there for a long period of time. (pics showed plants growing in the tread marks) IMO, I wouldn't trust what the neighbors said, whatsoever.

Please ask if MC got out of the car. Also, please ask if the attendant noticed MC smiling at her passenger...or if she looked annoyed or stressed. Also,please ask if attendant recalls what color hair the passenger had, or his approximate age. THANKS.

and...time of day?

I am curious why everyone has assumed that MC was killed in the first hours/day of her disappearance? I have always wondered if she was held captive for a time. This new rumor of there being an internal body temp. makes me speculate more. If we remember back to the weekend her body was discovered, and all the stories that were swirling around, the one that sticks out in my mind is that this WAS a horrific murder. As quoted from LE, "We've got to find this monster..." The perp(s) were referred to as a monster for a reason. Maybe the rumors of torture, finger nail removal, etc...have some truth to them. If this crime was carried out by someone with a grudge, and was trying to teach MC a lesson, or get even, then I think it is quite possible she was taunted, and that the crime didn't necessarily take place on 2/9. If she was held captive at some random warehouse, or barn, somewhere up a muddy road where her car tires got coated before it was ditched? Just speculating another option....

If that was the case, then who of those people that have been sleuthed here so far could have carried on a normal routine during those four days and not have attracted at least some sort of attention from those around them?

Sillyputty---do you know:
a. if MC went through the automatic part or the part where she would get out and handwash the car?
b. If there was video of MC and the mystery person going through?
c. How long it takes to go through that carwash, if its noisy, if it is easy to see the people inside or if they are out of view?

Thx!

If that was the case, then who of those people that have been sleuthed here so far could have carried on a normal routine during those four days and not have attracted at least some sort of attention from those around them?

Only people I can think of would be gang members, LC, secondary people who helped dump the car could have "watched her" for most of the days....

eta: but wouldn't they have used power and water in those empty houses, wouldn't someone have noticed lights on etc.??

p.s. would have to have held her in a non-empty house if this scenario occurred---and drugged her or made her unconscious the whole time as she was so tall and physically capable (young) to fight them off---

Good question. And I am not saying I believe she was kept alive until the 13th. Just wondering if the act of murder wasn't carried out right away. I wish we knew how long she was placed at CB, as it does seem the neighbor, although unreliable re: the figure 8 broadies, noticed something as being out of place on that Saturday morning. Was there any other type of disturbance on another area of the lawn? Not what is obviously the motorcycle track. Maybe from a wheel barrow, or the commotion in the brush near the water?

As far as suspects who might be able to come and go..
~I would imagine JF was being watched, although a construction worker would have flexibility going to different job sites.
~Teen/college age kids that have flexibility in classes, jobs, etc.
~Gang members who have no accountability to anyone.

I was told by someone else who was at the candlelight vigil that JF was not there...

JF was there. He was stuck to WC like glue. The pic that was posted threads ago of jayeff was him. No doubt in my mind on that one guys. WC was getting lots of hugs/condolences but JF was not engaging with anyone. He is a bit taller than WC and his head/eyes were scanning the crowd, on everyone EXCEPT those talking to WC. I thought it was so odd to obviously be WC's bf and NOT dialogue with anyone. But yes, I sure wish there was a pic of him there to show you. Like I said before, WW was there, but where are their pics.

Sillyputty---do you know:
a. if MC went through the automatic part or the part where she would get out and handwash the car?
b. If there was video of MC and the mystery person going through?
c. How long it takes to go through that carwash, if its noisy, if it is easy to see the people inside or if they are out of view?

Thx!

Hi, I read in an article the last place Mackenzie was seen on camera and I'll find it. I think it said it was at 3 as she was leaving work. Here is a different article, and she was seen about 3:30:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/14/investigators-say-body-is-mackenzie-cowell/

Snipped

" . . .Video shows Cowell get in her car, drive away alone

WENATCHEE — Video footage of Mackenzie Cowell shows nothing amiss at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, the day the young woman disappeared.

The video came from a camera in a City of Wenatchee parking lot near the Academy of Hair Design, where Cowell worked.

“She walked to her car normally, she was not on her cell phone, she was in her beauty academy clothes, she backed away normally, no rush, nothing appeared to be wrong,” said Jerry Moore, chief of administration with the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office. “Nobody followed her out of the parking lot. It was just normal, get in your car and drive away.”

The footage of the parking lot from a stationary camera also shows her 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix driving west up Kittitas Street, “and from there we don’t know where she went,” Moore said.

That is the last known sighting of Cowell before her body was found Saturday along the shore at Crescent Bar . . . {more @ link}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member