WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but the mods know how to contact me if I'm breaking the rules here.

As for whether it's speculation or not, it ceased being my speculation when I read this:

Investigators say the body was found fully clothed with her feet submerged in the river, a short distance away from a vacant home.

http://www.kxly.com/news/22559368/detail.html

If you're going to say this is speculation, then you'll have to say that just about everything we think is fact in this case is speculation.

I wrote that to make the point that even you have to do some speculation to believe the body was in the "river" as opposed to "water". I fully support your ability to SPECULATION and state OPINIONS.

As to the news article you cite, almost every other news report states the feet were in, "water" not "river". Why do you think so many of the news articles use the word "water" instead of "river"? IMO they did this because that is exactly the way LE described it to them, (ie "water), and the majority of them did get it right.

I'll up you one news story -- here's an AP story which states the body was only 30 yards from the CB home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfiZXXbiy4U

Obviously, (IMO), this news story is wrong, (feet could only be in the pond). But unless we treat all news stories as little more than 2nd hand rumor we would need to also take this ONE as "fact".

I hate to bring this up again cuz I know I will get slammed, but IMHO it was a drug deal.

Well you won't get slammed by me - I agree completely. It can happen in the best families, worst families, good kids, bad kids, people you would never, ever imagine. I completely agree that drugs were involved in some manner - whether by MC or the perp.

To help some of you with imagining the stream in relation to the CB house and the river, I have posted some pictures here, all courtesy of our del rio:

Attachments

• 23578_100139563359628_100000907531613_800_5795920_n.jpg
    23578_100139563359628_100000907531613_800_5795920_n.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 23578_100141006692817_100000907531613_841_5788433_n.jpg
    23578_100141006692817_100000907531613_841_5788433_n.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 23578_100141010026150_100000907531613_842_4903891_n.jpg
    23578_100141010026150_100000907531613_842_4903891_n.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 23578_100141503359434_100000907531613_864_7322088_n.jpg
    23578_100141503359434_100000907531613_864_7322088_n.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 33
I wrote that to make the point that even you have to do some speculation to believe the body was in the "river" as opposed to "water". I fully support your ability to SPECULATION and state OPINIONS.

As to the news article you cite, almost every other news report states the feet were in, "water" not "river". Why do you think so many of the news articles use the word "water" instead of "river"? IMO they did this because that is exactly the way LE described it to them, (ie "water), and the majority of them did get it right.

I'll up you one news story -- here's an AP story which states the body was only 30 yards from the CB home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfiZXXbiy4U

Obviously, (IMO), this news story is wrong, (feet could only be in the pond). But unless we treat all news stories as little more than 2nd hand rumor we would need to also take this ONE as "fact".

Unlike KIRO, AP didn't have a reporter on scene that talked directly to the sheriff.

KIRO's reporter Gary Horcher spent all day in Wenatchee, and talked directly to the sheriff. I'll take his word for it.

Well you won't get slammed by me - I agree completely. It can happen in the best families, worst families, good kids, bad kids, people you would never, ever imagine. I completely agree that drugs were involved in some manner - whether by MC or the perp.

I agree, and IMO it doesn't start with a minor proclaiming to friends and family "Hey Everyone, I'm going to start smoking pot or doing drugs now, and I'm starting at 7:30 PM on January 14th 2010." "ps and you can watch me start on youtube".

Refusing to acknowledge or accept drug involvement as a possibility I think only gets in the way of sleuthing MC's case and trying to do some good for her. It is not an attack on her.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the purse thing.
I put my purse in the back seat when I have a passenger. The spot next to my seat is a middle console, and it doesn't fit there. I don't like putting it under my drivers seat because I'm short and there isn't much room.
When I don't have a passenger, I put it on the passenger seat.
So I guess it depends on preference and if a person has room in the front to put the purse.

I have seen the stream that runs right into the Columbia River personally, too. In fact, when I was walking on the beach, I had no way around this stream and had to walk through it and my shoes got soaking wet. If you look at Del's pictures, you'll see it. I didn't dig around in the thick brush but it is also my understand that there are two other streams.

In the pictures where you see LE standing on the beach, they are standing in the exact area where that stream is.

I remember your original post describing your visit to the property and the stream, which supported Del Rio's descriptions and photos.

I noted early on that the photos/video taken by the media of LE "in the said location" were from a distance, appear to be zoomed in. The streams flow on to the shore of the river. The media on the scene providing video were from Seattle and Spokane, as Wenatchee does not have a local television news outlet.

ETA: I am a local that is familiar with CB, I've been to neighboring properties of the CB house numerous times and also very recently -- with a fresh look at the general characteristics.

To help some of you with imagining the stream in relation to the CB house and the river, I have posted some pictures here, all courtesy of our del rio:

That doesn't look like a stream. It looks like the run-off of a natural spring.

The media on the scene providing video were from Seattle and Spokane, as Wenatchee does not have a local television news outlet.

snipped...

But they do have the ability to send reporters to nearby towns for big stories.

KIRO's reporter and camera crew were in town all day the day after MC was found. It's the KIRO slideshow that everyone here has referenced numerous times.

Alt........I totally get what you are saying. However; the people that found her have been asked and I'm pretty sure they said her legs and feet or feet were "bobbing" in the river or water. The stream water isn't deep enough for that effect. I'm going to try and find that post. Perhaps our member that spent the week-end at CB a few weeks back and posted the information that was gleaned from his/her interviews could clarify, again? I will try to find it also.

Unlike KIRO, AP didn't have a reporter on scene that talked directly to the sheriff.

KIRO's reporter Gary Horcher spent all day in Wenatchee, and talked directly to the sheriff. I'll take his word for it.

Puf, to be clear, are you only placing credence on media reports that came out "from on the scene" reporters that *wrote* about LE statements?

I am becoming confused here -- mostly about your previous posts regarding media? KWIM?

snipped...

But they do have the ability to send reporters to nearby towns for big stories.

KIRO's reporter and camera crew were in town all day the day after MC was found. It's the KIRO slideshow that everyone here has referenced numerous times.

Yes, exactly. And, the portion that was snipped from the above post indicated that the shots of LE near the *water/river/stream* appear to have been taken from a distance (e.g. zoomed in).

Puf, to be clear, are you only placing credence on media reports that came out "from on the scene" reporters that *wrote* about LE statements?

I am becoming confused here -- mostly about your previous posts regrading media? KWIM?

I've been quite clear where I stand. Read back through this thread. It's evident.

Huh?

Citizen rancher elaborately explains to the WW on 2/13 how that morning he saw new brodies in the lawn, to paraphrase. Even explains how he explained it to his wife. Then del's pictures show weeds and grass have been growing in those figure-8 ruts. Hmmm.

I've added some themes to an earlier post. I'm not trying to imply anything but instead just stepping back and grouping some things in a different way:

. . . . RESPECTFULLY OMITTED . . . .

Construction

1. MC's car found in an area where construction workers live
2. MC's body found by a house that many construction workers would know
3. Yellow utility or construction spray paint on lawn at CB property
4. Rumored tool used in homicide could be a construction tool

Landscapers / Lawn-Property Maintenance

1. Riverfront Park gets maintenance
2. Pretty sure CB property receives some maintenance
3. Rumored tool in homicide could be a yard tool (IMO)

Multiple Jurisdictions

1. Premeditated (Speculation)
2. Perp/s know Jurisdictions (Speculation)
3. Perp/s have been in trouble with LE before (Speculation)
4. Perp/s making an in-your-face statement to LE (Speculation)

Homicide

1. Premeditated (Rumored Tool)
2. Rage (Speculation)
3. Extreme Damage / Violence (Speculation)
4. No Rape
5. Kidnapping? Held Longer than 2/9? (Speculation)
6. Bag on head

Female Perp/s?

1. Car locked
2. No Rape
3. Multiple COD

Changes in MC's life prior to 2/9

1. Facebook message to Tacoma guy on 2/26
2. Rumor that MC was very happy for two weeks (starting ~ 2/26?)
3. Rumored events in WC/JF relationship (truck purchase, relationship off/on/off etc.)

If anyone has any to add or edit on this list or new groups to add, just let me know via PM or here and I'll edit and re-post later. What I'm looking for are things or events that might help build our own profile of a leading suspect or suspects.

I find your post very interesting. I think there are a couple facts I think you ought to add:

U]Construction[/U]

2. MC’s body found by a house previously owned by a Wenatchee-area construction company.

3. There was also the exact same fluorescent yellow spray paint in the duck blind down by the river.

Multiple Jurisdictions

One thing I just learned last weekend: not only does the CB property border the Douglas County / Grant County line, but approximately 100 to 200 yards directly south in the river is the Douglas County / Grant County / Kittitas County border (tri-county intersection).

Huh?

Citizen rancher elaborately explains to the WW on 2/13 how that morning he saw new brodies in the lawn, to paraphrase. Even explains how he explained it to his wife. Then del's pictures show weeds and grass have been growing in those figure-8 ruts. Hmmm.

Yeah, we've talked abut this before. I really don't think that guy was very credible. First of all, you can barely see the house from where his is. They call him a "neighbor" but that is a stretch, his house is honestly so far away. I think they came to his door to ask if he saw anything and that was the only thing he noticed. Not only do del's pictures show weeds and grass, but he was there in the fall and personally saw those brodies.

That guy who was interviewed really frustrates me for saying something like this, when he should have just kept quiet. On this thread, we have spent a bunch of time talking about who could have made those, etc. and I'd imagine LE wasted some of their time on that as well. Although, hopefully they would have also noticed the weeds and would have known the "brodies" couldn't have been made recently.

I find your post very interesting. I think there are a couple facts I think you ought to add:

U]Construction[/U]

2. MC’s body found by a house previously owned by a Wenatchee-area construction company.

3. There was also the exact same fluorescent yellow spray paint in the duck blind down by the river.

Multiple Jurisdictions

One thing I just learned last weekend: not only does the CB property border the Douglas County / Grant County line, but approximately 100 to 200 yards directly south in the river is the Douglas County / Grant County / Kittitas County border (tri-county intersection).

Thanks del I will. Gotta run to the grocery store and watch the game. Go Butler!

I've been quite clear where I stand. Read back through this thread. It's evident.

I have read through the thread -- it is not evident. This is beginning to sound more like a defensive argument of contradictory statements, IMO.

Again, MOO. I will make no further comments on your opinions of what is FACT. We are each allowed our own opinion.

I appreciate all of the contributions you've made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks