WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

Citizen rancher elaborately explains to the WW on 2/13 how that morning he saw new brodies in the lawn, to paraphrase. Even explains how he explained it to his wife. Then del's pictures show weeds and grass have been growing in those figure-8 ruts. Hmmm.

Question. Did the rancher see something out of order on the LAWN? The motorcycle figure 8 isn't necessarily a broadie. Looking at the google earth picture just posted a few comments up, it looks like there is a fainter circle in the lawn in FRONT of the house, toward the hwy. Does anyone else see that? I don't know how long ago the google earth image was captured, but just playing devil's advocate, what if there was a disturbance somewhere else on the property? The cycle track isn't even IN the lawn. KWIM?

I am not having any luck finding the posts regarding the poster that went "home" for the week end and talked to many of the folks at Crescent Bar, including the people that found Mackenzie's body. Does anybody remember who the poster was? I feel this is an important "fact" for our timeline. TIA!

Oh yeah..........GO DUKE!

I am not having any luck finding the posts regarding the poster that went "home" for the week end and talked to many of the folks at Crescent Bar, including the people that found Mackenzie's body. Does anybody remember who the poster was? I feel this is an important "fact" for our timeline. TIA!

Oh yeah..........GO DUKE!

Is this what you were talking about or a different post? Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #13

I find your post very interesting. I think there are a couple facts I think you ought to add:

. . . RESPECTFULLY OMITTED . . .

3. There was also the exact same fluorescent yellow spray paint in the duck blind down by the river.[/COLOR]

. . . RESPECTFULLY OMITTED . . .

Respectfully snipped . . .

IIRC, is this the same yellow spray paint that was on one of the pictures you posted many threads back? Not the picture of possible letters but another one showing yellow spray paint in a clearing?

If so, do you recall if the paint had a definite shape, or was it a letter or number? IIRC it was discussed, but I'm not sure if there were any significant speculations made about it.

ETA - picture I am thinking of; if I am out of line reposting this, let me know and I'll remove it.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 63
Re-post; There are no streams at the CB house, just the Columbia River.
Google Earth map.
View attachment 8535

I passed right over this post. Sorry bout that.

The location you have marked is my second choice, based on this photo of disrupted gravel at precisely where you have your red x. In my opinion, it's a very real possibility that that's where her body was found.

Attachments

• excshore.jpg
    excshore.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 92
Respectfully snipped . . .

IIRC, is this the same yellow spray paint that was on one of the pictures you posted many threads back? Not the picture of possible letters but another one showing yellow spray paint in a clearing?

If so, do you recall if the paint had a definite shape, or was it a letter or number? IIRC it was discussed, but I'm not sure if there were any significant speculations made about it.

ETA - picture I am thinking of; if I am out of line reposting this, let me know and I'll remove it.

Yes, that's the yellow marking I was speaking about. It had a definite general shape of a "B".

No, you're definitely not out of line for re-posting.

Unlike KIRO, AP didn't have a reporter on scene that talked directly to the sheriff.

KIRO's reporter Gary Horcher spent all day in Wenatchee, and talked directly to the sheriff. I'll take his word for it.

Could someone please ask LE this question directly? Since it's already been mentioned (both ways) by the media, maybe they would clarify??

Sorry I can’t.

You already revealed the location of where you believe MC’s body was found. So, can you at least say how you arrived at your conclusion in a general, round-about way? You don’t have to be specific or anything.

We would all very much appreciate being enlightened.

I hate to bring this up again cuz I know I will get slammed, but IMHO it was a drug deal.

I don't buy the idea of a drug deal at the carwash. Not because I think drugs can be absolutely ruled out of this whole mess, but because a high school kid can get drugs in Wenatchee every day of the week and not at the car wash. Schools all across America are great places to get a hold of contraband and Wenatchee is no exception.

Re the car going through the wash and still being that dirty just a few hours later, I still don't think so. Just my opinion only. I think it would take at least a few hours of driving in bad conditions to create that mess and I just don't think from what we know that the perp had time. The car's timeline is one of the very few things we have a good grasp on. I'm a big fan of the Occam's razor concept and I think the perp was busy killing her and disposing of her body during most of the hours in question. I think any driving the car did was perhaps out to CB on good highway conditions and then for sure up to the top of PC, where the perp probably tried to continue further up the dirt portion of the road and failed, hence the thick mud on the tires.

I just don't think she was ever at a carwash that day.

When I first heard the car wash rumor, I thought the exact same thing because I knew kids in high school that would do that. However, IMO, MC didn't do drugs.

Also, I think that the picture you're talking about is perhaps her trying to look "cool." She may have been self-conscious of her braces so she is hiding them and, at the same time, looking pouty. I have seen kids take pictures like this when they are perfectly sober but just trying to look cool, cute or pouty.

ETA: I should actually say, according to what JV told me, MC didn't do drugs. Prior to hearing this, MO was different.

I have heard from lots of people that she did do drugs. From other things that have been posted on here and her comment on the fb page of the tacoma guy, I believe that JV did not know everything there was about her.

I passed right over this post. Sorry bout that.

The location you have marked is my second choice, based on this photo of disrupted gravel at precisely where you have your red x. In my opinion, it's a very real possibility that that's where her body was found.

Puf, is the "disrupted gravel" area your first choice or second choice? Just curious.

I don't buy the idea of a drug deal at the carwash. Not because I think drugs can be absolutely ruled out of this whole mess, but because a high school kid can get drugs in Wenatchee every day of the week and not at the car wash. Schools all across America are great places to get a hold of contraband and Wenatchee is no exception.
SNipped

Yes they can get all kinds of drugs at school, if the other person is a student. If it was an older person or someone who had dropped out they would need a private place to do the transaction.

If someone were walking along the waters edge, would they have had to step over her body? I guess I don't really understand the "feet in the water" when looking at this picture.

Good question.

And, I believe Liz (many threads ago) inquired if maybe the *walkers* had a dog with them that would have been drawn to where she was placed, if MC was truly placed in an area obscured by brush (e.g. closer to the brush on the shore of the river, than with feet in the Columbia River proper).

Yes they can get all kinds of drugs at school, if the other person is a student. If it was an older person or someone who had dropped out they would need a private place to do the transaction.

Yes, but what comes to my mind is riverfront, not the car wash. At least we know for sure that she was at the park, the car wash is firmly in the rumor category IMO.

Editing my post to add that from what we know of MC's finances at the time of her disappearance, she had 20 bucks or less on her debit card. We haven't heard about cash, but I kind of get the idea that her money was somewhat restricted and by that I mean that she didn't have a job. When I was a teen the last thing I would spend 5 bucks on would be a car wash. I would either use the manual or do it at home, or let my car be dirty. The "eyewitness" we have heard of was claiming she used her debit card IIRC, I would think she would use that money for gas or something else really necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500