WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have never said either way, but I agree with the poster who said that early statements are very valuable to sleuthers to separate the bull pucky from the good stuff.

IIRC the earliest statements from LE about her body in relation to CB were "We believe that where she was found is the crime scene." I'm taking them at there word on that one for now.

Yes. 100% agree.

I do believe that she was killed either on the beach or near the beach.

The Douglas County Sheriff said that numerous times before the Task Force developed a media plan... then he began to say, "We don't know where she was killed."

The truck is a silvery grey color with a black metal rack overhead front cab to back. It is a dodge extended cab. with a license plate cover from sangsters motors. I also go he license plate number, but don't know if I can post.

Did ya look for red paint on his truck??? speculation

It's late here on the east coast, but I'm not sure what you are saying. Just wondering if you are talking about a POI, a ws~er, or someone else. Sorry, feeling hypnotized watching the elephant bounce...

Sometimes WHO did it turns out to be as shocking and hurtful as the murder itself. That's my point. If we all want to just say the creepy guy did it (JF), OK.

OK, I am starting to judge people by their profile pic. It's obviously time for bed!

Well, disagreements on this board are what churns more ideas out, so no sweat :)

If there was any evidence of abduction I would agree with this being a possibility, but from what we know from LE's statements (assuming they are being truthful!) she was most likely not abducted. Indeed, my personal theory is that she went out to CB willingly for some reason. I think she either went into the CB house with the perp or for a walk on the property where her murder occurred. This would explain both the reported lack of evidence in the car and her purse being left in the car. I wouldn't take my purse with me for a walk in such a private area.

Above comment BBM. I believe we can assume at this point that LE is not being truthful. And the only way I can calm myself down in regards to their 'untruthfulness' is to hope there is a professional method to their madness. Their inconsistencies are giving many of us heartburn.

For what it's worth, Melissa, your discussions with JV speak volumes. Not only does it give us insight into MC life, it put things into perspective. It also shows how much she was loved and cared for by him. I'm not sure how you managed to do it, but if he is willing to talk, we would love to read it. Sure he could be lying, but what benefit would that be? Any of us could be lying. Fortunately, most of us are knowledgeable enough to see through those people and continue on the path we have been trying to follow since Feb 9th. Let's keep plodding along until we get to the bottom of this. KUTGW. (keep up the good work)
Now I am going to bed.

The truck is a silvery grey color with a black metal rack overhead front cab to back. It is a dodge extended cab. with a license plate cover from sangsters motors. I also go he license plate number, but don't know if I can post.

I thought some one else had firmly established he drove a newer GMC pu. What say you, expert sluethers on this matter? I'm confused here.

Melissa, The good thing here, is everyone else is on your side. Keep doing what you are doing. For Mackenzie's sake. No one else has had the nerve or the no how to do what you are doing. So carry on. There will always be bumps on the road. Just drive over them. :croc:

Agreed! But I'd also like to add that we are all entitled to our own opinions on ALL info we read here. Melissa, I think your info from JV has been a tremendous help to us here...especially since LE has been so tight-lipped and doesn't offer much in light of any details. JV obviously has a very significant perspective on this case due to his closeness to MC, so I just want you to know that your info and your effort, along with what he has been willing to say is very much appreciated!!

But in the same respect, anything we say, whether it's from someone directly involved in the case or someone just theorizing is up for scrutiny on here. I'd like to think that we can display better tact than that shown through the comments on the WW site...but sometimes things we say can either be misconstrued or (sorry to rhyme here) downright rude. I know I've been there before and had to eat my words and apologize. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope that No More wasn't trying to attack you or all the helpful work you've done, but that he/she is entitled to their own opinion of the info you've provided.

Hope I haven't stepped on any toes by posting this...but moreso, I hope that no one leaves on account of anyone else. Everyone deserves their voice here...opinions, facts, rumors, etc. So let's try to keep things copasetic here and just keep directing our thoughts and prayers for the jusice of MC :)

I thought some one else had firmly established he drove a newer GMC pu. What say you, expert sluethers on this matter? I'm confused here.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that WC did buy JF a truck...but it wasn't new and it wasn't recent. As to whether or not it was a GMC, well that I'm not 100% certain.

Here is a compilation of the events that have occured in honor of Mackenzie. What a nice tribute from so many different people trying to show their love and support in whatever way they can:

EVENTS HONORING M.C.

Feb. 12 - Candlelight Vigil organized by mother of 2 Apple-ettes.

Feb. 19 - Wenatchee Wild Honor MC with emblems on helmets. Donate $5,000

Feb. 24 - Funeral for immediate family of MC. ?

Feb. 25 - Memorial Service, Town Toyota Center

Mar. 6 - Cafe Mela - One of our fellow Sleuthers played(crux?) Raised $1,537

Mar. 7 - Walk for MC. by Campfire/Teens in Action. Hoped to raise @$500.

Mar. 26 - Dance for MC. The Ballrooom, above Volcano Club. $10. addmission.
Funds to go to Memorial Fund, and Reward Fund.

Hopefully this helps clarify for you out of town sleuthers, and confusion between the vigil, the memorial, the funeral, etc...

someone must have confused it or i posted bad english i didnt play just went

I also want to say thanks to Melissa, we have talked about the Spec house and JV and MC, but has it been asked to JV if MC knew people at CB or partied there? I also believe she went there to walk on the river edge with someone. Probably went to the boat launch and realized you cannot walk on the rivers edge so found somewhere else and went to CB

Well, personally I never have thought her car was washed that day because it's filthy. Seems simple to me. If her car was driven by the perp after the wash, the window of time was very small and cannot account for that amount of dirt. Lots of sticky looking exhaust dirt on the back. Just doesn't fit IMO. I could see dust after a wash, I could see mud around the wheels. I can't see the obviously built up grime that is on that car.

I don't think her car was washed that day, despite the account of an eyewitness. "Eyewitnesses" can be mistaken, especially when recalling a missing person, especially after the fact. It would be easy to think you had seen that person. Lots of red cars driven by lots of tall, thin dark haired girls in this town.

I decided to go do a little field trip yesterday, went to Super Wash on 5th & Wenatchee Ave. Washes have gone up recently they range from $5-8, I selected the $8 wash and it took only 4 minutes from start to finish. I observed that I was in plain view of the Banner Bank where I suspect they have surveillance cameras BUT when I went to the other Super Wash location on Wenatchee Ave near Dusty's Burgers they have a car dealership behind them and face a brick wall - don't think it looked like any cameras at that location.

If MC was asking for assistance with coins, she was most likely using the vacuum system vs. the car wash which takes bills or debit cards. MC rarely had spare cash, unless she had her lunch money. She did not regularly use her debit card. I have to agree with JV, car washing was not a priority for her.

I don't think MC's car went through the car wash that day for the following reasons:
a) The car is filthy dirty; during the winter months when it can go for long periods without washing it and traveling back & forth to Orondo on a daily basis;
b) MC didn't much care about washing the car, but when she did it was usually at Jet Pro Car Wash on Wenatchee Ave across from Les Schwab. RC took MC there to practice when she was learning to drive about 12-18 months ago;
c) The windshield was already cracked and the wiper was in disrepair, but not a problem - windshields get replaced in Spring in NCW and when budget allows;
d) If MC needed to vacuum her car out, she would do that at home in Orondo;
e) It would be very difficult to attack someone in the car wash and trade seats with them in 4 minutes in virtually plain sight;
f) MC was extremely timid with those she does not know well; it appeared like a bit of arrogance when it was really shyness. I can't imagine her letting a stranger in her car under any circumstances;
g) There are SEVERAL cars like MC's in this community; I noticed before & after this tragedy. You only have to drive a short distance to see a car just like hers.

I think someone might be confused about what they saw that day? Some of this is SPECULATION; some first hand knowledge. IMHO it just doesn't fit. :twocents:

OK, I am starting to judge people by their profile pic. It's obviously time for bed!

Hahaha!

I swear I'm not seven feet tall with a head the size of a 50 gallon drum.

Deep breath count to ten...the focus is MC.

Attachments

• peace.jpg
    peace.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
Good Night all, I would like to leave you all with this,.... I think that we all are here for the common good, we all want resolve and tensions run high sometimes, I know it has for me a couple of times, but we keep returning back here because we all care and want this mystery to be solved and the SOB to be put away. I wish that we had more to go on from LE. I am so glad that we have people like Melissa who have the courage to reach out and talk with JV and JV feeling that he can trust her enough to convey his feelings and frustrations with her, for all of us, so that we may try to peice this together. I am also thankful for all the people who share thier ideas,pictures and knowledge because without them we would not be beond the 1st thread.
I go to bed knowing that my family and friends are safe and know that I love them and they love me and I wish you all the same.
Good night and see you tomorrow.

FWIW, I found this 360 degree video of the CB property, from the point of view of the back deck. Thought it might be interesting to anyone who is not familiar with the CB house and property (such as myself).

My apologies if it has already been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzSkotiIaNo

Yes. 100% agree.

I do believe that she was killed either on the beach or near the beach.

The Douglas County Sheriff said that numerous times before the Task Force developed a media plan... then he began to say, "We don't know where she was killed."

I had stated in an earlier post a couple of weeks after MC was found, that when I stepped on to the CB property via an adjacent field below the guardrail I was in a grassy area below the pond where I could see that small fist sized areas of lawn had recently been removed in an area about the size of a torso or a little larger maybe. I took note of it, as they must have recovered something of interest that they were collecting samples to submit for testing.

I passed right over this post. Sorry bout that.

The location you have marked is my second choice, based on this photo of disrupted gravel at precisely where you have your red x. In my opinion, it's a very real possibility that that's where her body was found.

look at where the vegetation line is ----is it possible that all of you are right?
Her body and feet were in the river and in the stream because the river was higher then???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong