WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSL sweet & sour lollipops :p

Just kidding. I think SSL is a gang in Wenatchee. I'm not a gang expert, so I can't tell you anything about the gang.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is a Hispanic gang

that more than likely had nothing to do with this case

Del Rio posted a picture he said was taken March 10th at 4 pm which shows the water level in front of the Crescent Bar property, (I've re-attached it below).

I've also attached from the same day the elevation levels of the water below Rock Island Dam, (12 miles north of the property), and for the Forebay of Wanapum Dam, (22 miles south). When the picture was taken, (4 pm according to del rio), there was less than a foot, (.59), difference between the top of the reservoir and the bottom, (plus there wasn't what I would call any type of "surge" happening in the prior 3 hours before del rio took the 4 pm picture). Therefore, my belief is that the water elevation at Crescent Bar when Del Rio took the below picture was within that .59 difference - more specifically at about 569.6 feet in elevation. (See second attachment)

There were more variables when MC's body was found, Feb. 13th. But it is likely the water level at the CB property when MC's body was found was a little less than 568 feet. I've attached the water levels from Feb. 13. (See third attachment)

If MC's feet were in the reservoir "water" when she was found, (approximate time 12:45 pm), then her body would have needed to be quite a ways out on the shoreline because the water level was likely a foot and half lower compared to Del Rio's picture below. Even in Del Rio's picture the body would have been quite visible, but on the day body found it would need to be even farther out to have feet in reservoir water.

All video news images from the Crescent Bar property were not taken on the day the body was found. Trying to use those later day images to judge where the body would be (and still have feet in the reservoir "water") would be extremely difficult. News images I've seen show the water level many feet higher than when the body was found.

Anyone who has seen a picture of the crime scene from Saturday, Feb. 13th, which shows the beach, PLEASE let me know!

If you study the water levels and let me know when it's gong to be close to where it was on Feb 13th.......I will go out and take a picture or two........or six...............and post them for comparison. I could also do that for days where the water level is going to be basically where it was the day before, Feb 12, 11th and so on. It only takes me about 15 - 20 minutes to get out there.

"........ these are very complex cases to investigate, especially WHEN WE DON'T HAVE WITNESSES, obviously our only witness is Macenzie Cowell who is dead ,but as we look into these things, evidence that we LOOK at is our witness to some degree.....so I think they have interviewed over 600 people now who may have something or know something through this process...... We are NOT PREPARED TO IDENTIFY ANYBODY OF INTEREST YET OR A SUSPECT BUT thats just part of theses investigations..."

Thots:
1) Dont have any witnesses, except for Mackenie Cowell. IMO This sounds like LE may believe there was only one murderer? That kinda rules out a gang theory to me...IDK

2) If MC is the only other witness, 'but as we look into these things, evidence that we LOOK at is our witness to some degree.....', sounds like this may ellude to MC's autopsy. Just thinking aloud......

**There was one more RUMOR I heard early on, right after MC's body was discovered. Again, it is one that I cannot put much wieght into cuz I CANNOT REMEMBER WERE I HEARD IT! I m losing my mind:banghead:- I heard there was a sheetock knife used on her, and it may have been stuck in her still....Sorry that is graphic, I have waited to say anything for both of the reasons I listed above. But, somene mentioned tonight that the thought LE may have possibly rcovered the murderweapon- or one of them? So I thougt I'd throw it out there..
Has anyone else heard this?..... AGAIN JUST RUMOR
Hi Shortstuff, Would that look like this?
images

With such a small retractable blade it's hard to imagine it not falling away from the body. Just sayin'

Del Rio posted a picture he said was taken March 10th at 4 pm which shows the water level in front of the Crescent Bar property, (I've re-attached it below).

I've also attached from the same day the elevation levels of the water below Rock Island Dam, (12 miles north of the property), and for the Forebay of Wanapum Dam, (22 miles south). When the picture was taken, (4 pm according to del rio), there was less than a foot, (.59), difference between the top of the reservoir and the bottom, (plus there wasn't what I would call any type of "surge" happening in the prior 3 hours before del rio took the 4 pm picture). Therefore, my belief is that the water elevation at Crescent Bar when Del Rio took the below picture was within that .59 difference - more specifically at about 569.6 feet in elevation. (See second attachment)

There were more variables when MC's body was found, Feb. 13th. But it is likely the water level at the CB property when MC's body was found was a little less than 568 feet. I've attached the water levels from Feb. 13. (See third attachment)

If MC's feet were in the reservoir "water" when she was found, (approximate time 12:45 pm), then her body would have needed to be quite a ways out on the shoreline because the water level was likely a foot and half lower compared to Del Rio's picture below. Even in Del Rio's picture the body would have been quite visible, but on the day body found it would need to be even farther out to have feet in reservoir water.

All video news images from the Crescent Bar property were not taken on the day the body was found. Trying to use those later day images to judge where the body would be (and still have feet in the reservoir "water") would be extremely difficult. News images I've seen show the water level many feet higher than when the body was found.

Anyone who has seen a picture of the crime scene from Saturday, Feb. 13th, which shows the beach, PLEASE let me know!

Alt.....I'm very impressed with these charts and graphs and all the water level and water flow information! You are awesome, dude! I'm assuming you are a dude. :Banane30:

Part of one letter was read on the tv news, tonight.

Google search Casey Anthony's Jailhouse Letters....several major news videos on the case, and lots of statements that the letters have been released. YouTube, also. Where to read them in their entirety? I haven't looked that far.

I am as frustrated as anybody but I do get it.

I believe LE knows WHO did it, I believe LE knows HOW they did it, I even believe LE my know WHY they did it.

I also believe that everything they have is based on circumstantial evidece. You can get a conviction based on that but you better have alot of it.

My hope is, thats all we are waitin on

They say Circumstantial evidence is the best as it is more reliable, not dependent on witness testimony. The Scott Peterson case, primo example. YaYa

Found the call for that jailed person, on the Manson Village Tribune's Sheriff's Call Log for the calls from April 6th.

10C02938 14:09:14 04/06/10 Court Order Vio 3**1 OLD BLEWETT HWY, PESH 6 CAA

10C02938 COURT ORDER VIO 14:09:14 04/06/10 LONG BRUCE CAA

CHELAN CO SHERIFF OFFICE,
401 WASHINGTON ST, WENATCHEE, WA 98801
Phone: (509)667-6875 DOB: **/**/**

This is a call created by Records, there is no long term call, or call
comments.

Do you all think this is related to Mackenzie's murder, or not?

****Previous Post snipped from Thread 15, post #734 composed by "Liz"*************************

Interesting observation Liz; Det. Long was the lead investigator on the MC case when she went missing on 2/9.

They say Circumstantial evidence is the best as it is more reliable, not dependent on witness testimony. The Scott Peterson case, primo example. YaYa

I agree to a point but you cannot argue that physical evidence is not better?

If you study the water levels and let me know when it's gong to be close to where it was on Feb 13th.......I will go out and take a picture or two........or six...............and post them for comparison. I could also do that for days where the water level is going to be basically where it was the day before, Feb 12, 11th and so on. It only takes me about 15 - 20 minutes to get out there.

Likely same conditions aren't gonna happen for awhile - water levels are gonna be higher with the warmer water. Besides they are hard to predict as they throw those generators whenever they feel like. Still, if you see a low, low water level, take a picture and NOTE THE EXACT TIME.

I've got one more photo from del rio taken on Feb. 24th. I'm working that one up now just to see if it shows about the same conclusions... that is the body would have had to have been WAY out there to have feet in "river".

If the body was set adrift on the water and LE doesn't know when that happened, I bet they can come up with a pretty good window of opportunity for it to have happened based on where the body was found. Water level was quite high for about 20 hours after MC went missing... then it was consistently lower. If the body was found up higher on the shore yet had indications it had been in the water, (which fit part of some RUMORS), it would likely have been done on the Tuesday she went missing.

ETA: I found evidence of a wave "surge" from the Rock Island Dam in the next picture I crunched the numbers on, (next page of forum). Surges appear to be pretty evident, (unlike I first believed). So if you can take a picture of water levels while they are on the way down, noting the EXACT TIME I might be able to better compare it to the wave "surges" which happened while MC was missing.

I am as frustrated as anybody but I do get it.

I believe LE knows WHO did it, I believe LE knows HOW they did it, I even believe LE my know WHY they did it.

I also believe that everything they have is based on circumstantial evidece. You can get a conviction based on that but you better have alot of it.

My hope is, thats all we are waitin on

I believe you could possibly be right.

From what I am hearing it's close... The noose is tightening.... Hear that killer? It's almost over.

Wow.. I didnt hear anything THAT promising... I understand there may be multiple POIs.. and that things are tight-lipped for a reason. Kinda the same story as a couple weeks ago.

You heard different?? Any more info???

I agree to a point but you cannot argue that physical evidence is not better?

Hi Dogdad, Circumstantial evidence includes the whole gamit of forensics, electronics including pings & recordings, charts on water levels, ID of foliage, fungus growth, bug info, heat affecting decomp, etc and to name a few, all of which cover a wide area.

Real evidence is only testimony by a witness if I am correct.

I am not sure if anyone else has mentioned prayer yet, but I have been praying for Mackenzie and her family since the beginning.. have you? The power of prayer is incredible and it is more powerful and effective if we all pray for her.

Please pray tonight that the killer is caught and brought to justice. Together, I am certain our prayers and love for Mackenzie will help this case.

TIA!

I am not sure if anyone else has mentioned prayer yet, but I have been praying for Mackenzie and her family since the beginning.. have you? The power of prayer is incredible and it is more powerful and effective if we all pray for her.

Please pray tonight that the killer is caught and brought to justice. Together, I am certain our prayers and love for Mackenzie will help this case.

TIA!

I have been, have today already, and will again before I go to sleep.

Great suggestion!

Hi Liz, None of these links work, unfortunately. I'm wondering if what Sff Harem said is quoted in Puff's Timeline? Ta

Hi Scandi. For the clickable links, you will have to access the timeline provided by puf, posted a couple of posts after this post I'm responding to.
(I only did a quick copy and paste, so that the timeline would be available on the first page of this thread.)

Hi Liz, We as posters want to know everything, and right now. :angel: At least Mackenzie has been found and that is major. The case is very young. I think we have to trust LE's quiet take on the case. It is evidently being done for a reason, and the strategy put together by the 'combined LE forces' must be what they jointly believe will have the best chance in solving the case. IMO xox

I know, Scandi. Patience is a virtue - which most Aries have a bit of a hard time practicing. I'm think I'm getting a little better, with age, though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth