WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he stands, the way he wears his baseball cap, the "look" on his face...

If I were going to judge a book by its cover, well, I know guys like that. Here's my opinion on the stereotype:

sbm

My guess is he likes wearing 'wife-beater' tees :banghead:

Anyone else think so?

The way he stands, the way he wears his baseball cap, the "look" on his face...

If I were going to judge a book by its cover, well, I know guys like that. Here's my opinion on the stereotype:

• Lost in youth. Never matured. Always trying to recapture his glory days through drinking beer, talking about "remember whens," listening only to music like Van Halen and Lynyrd Skynyrd, the tunes of which he knows every word.

• Either doesn't pay child support or only pays it because of court order. The new KC lights on his off-road vehicle are more important than his children eating.

• Difficulty in maintaining relationships. He still thinks of himself as a 21-year-old hot piece. Women aging makes him uncomfortable. Has to trade in for the newer models every so often.

• Works for the weekend. Everything he does is geared toward his time off. Life's a party...sucks that you have to earn money to spend on the daily 12-pack (case or two on weekend days).

• Has an anorexic wallet on Monday mornings. Difficulty keeping current with the bills, because, again, the stereo system with 12" woofers ranks higher on the priority list than making a payment on the dishwasher.

• Never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and faults. Always lays blame on someone else. If he crashed because he was DUI, it isn't because he was drinking, it is because someone was in his traffic lane, forcing him to run off the road to avoid a head-on collision.

• Has a mother who has never forced him to take responsibility for anything that he's done wrong. If he's had failed relationships, it was always the woman's fault. If he has had trouble with the law, it's because they're singling him out and picking on him unfairly. If he can't pay his bills, it's because the bank didn't explain to him what a balloon note is. And on and on and on.

• Is a charmer, a charlatan, and a chameleon. Or at least thinks he is. If he's talking to a woman, he tells her what he thinks she wants to hear. If he is talking to an African American, he talks ghetto, because that's how he thinks all black people talk, yo. If he's conversing with a father of a new girlfriend, he's Mr. All American Boy Next Door. If he's drinking beer with his other maturity-stunted guy friends, this is pretty the only time you'll see the real him.

Anyway...all of the above is based on my own character flaw--prejudice against this kind of guy--which in turn is based on experience with guy friends whose looks remind me of him. He might be a Class-A nice guy.... and it's wrong for me to stereotype him... but I just can't help it.

The other thing about JF, though, is he looks like a regular guy you would walk by and not think anything of. :waitasec:

I applaud you all in your continued search for MCs killer and your inquisitive minds jumping to places a lot of folks wouldn't go.

If it's any help at all while I was visiting a couple weeks back I had a personal experience with how fast the water rises on that river. In a half an hour the water came about fifteen feet up the beach we had been on and washed away my son's friends little jacket... and this was in less than half an hour if it helps at all to have this information. It would have been the Rocky Reach releasing the water, but I know the dams are timed and all purge at close to the same times and ways in that stretch of the river.

Yup it certainly can happen, especially when closer to the dam. How far were you away from the Rocky Reach Dam when this happened?

Sidenote: It consistently appears that high water at Rock Island Dam starts to show at Wanapum Dam within a time-frame of a little over an hour. The reservoir is about 35 miles long. So if my Guesstimator 2000 is working correctly, (it better be for as much as I paid for it), the lead waters of the "surge" flow at about 32 to 33 miles per hour.

If the folks that found the body have a cell phone to call 911, (and have reception), then they also find the body at 12:45 pm, or very close to it. If they have to go back to the house to call, then body found at 12:30ish. Meaning if feet were in the reservoir "water" when LE notices, then even more would have been in the water when the people out for a walk find it - the 11 am "surge" was still on its way down at 1 pm.

Looking at it the other way, if the people that found the body see feet in the reservoir water, then it is possible that LE would not have, (or for very long), because the "surge" waters from Rock Island Dam were completely finished by 2 pm, (in fact there was a dip in elevation below Rock Island Dam at 3 pm). -- Water level graph for the day she was found attached below.

Douglas County LE arrive just before 2 pm, (IIRC, 1:53pm). Between 3 and 4 pm Rock Island elevation climbs over a foot, likely creating another small "surge" wave at the CB shoreline by 4 pm If LE didn't get the body moved by this time, they probably would have needed to when the Rock Island Dam level increased still further at 6 pm. I think LE had time to move the body but not much extra time, IMO.

So now, what I'm wondering is, if they found the body with feet in reservoir "water" wouldn't they ask the Dams to keep the water a little lower for a couple of days while they check out the exact area her body was recovered, (This is only assuming feet were in RESERVOIR water). I'm looking into the water level numbers for the days while LE were investigating the scene now, (well, not really right now -- but I've started and hope to get to it later today). Maybe it will show the water levels were kept lower for a few days because LE wanted to investigate right where she was found - if so, I think this would cause us to lean towards the body being found with feet in reservoir. If it shows "normal" reservoir level variances, maybe not?

This "surge" SPECULATION is leading me to believe IF the body had been placed in the water on Tuesday it would have been much higher on the shoreline. There was quite a large "surge", (including an overall higher water level), late in the evening Tuesday. Plus almost as large of a "surge", (and definitely a longer one), on Wednesday during the day.

Ok, back to work.

ETA: Data comes from Rock Island, (RIS), Tailwater Elevation (HT) and Wanapum Dam, (WAN), Forebay Elevation, (HF), both located on the very large txt document including data from many other dams for the entire month of Feb. That page is here.

It is my understanding, from someone who works for the PUD, that the dam’s reservoirs are filled into the evening to produce power for the early morning and the day.

I don’t know who collect this data? Did the PUD have any exclamation as to why there were so many fluctuations during the day? I am sure that there is a reason; it just seems strange.

Originally Posted by del rio:
"Hey, Alt., I noticed something new yesterday at the CB property. It made your primary theory regarding the location of MC's body more probable, IMO."

Did you explain this previously? Was this the info about the evidence markers? I was sort of hoping to find a PM which confirmed just how right I am. So, where's my gold star?

This probably isn't related to MC's murder, but does anyone know anything about goblins (or whatever they're called)?

Attachments

• IMGP1517 (2).jpg
    IMGP1517 (2).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 129
Did you explain this previously? Was this the info about the evidence markers? I was sort of hoping to find a PM which confirmed just how right I am. So, where's my gold star?

Your gold-star may to be getting close to being finished. I’ll explain what I meant in that post of mine a little later. Right now, I got to take care of other pending matters.

And what's wrong with A-shirts?

I knew you'd say that Del :)

Some ppl (mostly men?) don't think there's anything wrong with 'wife-beater' tees (by "A-shirts" I think you mean=sleeveless undershirts?) but they are called 'wife-beater' for a reason..Fair or not :waitasec:

This probably isn't related to MC's murder, but does anyone know anything about goblins (or whatever they're called)?

I think it is some variation of a gargoyle. Is that the only one you saw?

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/apr/01/investigators-missing-cell-phone-data-in-cowell/

Harum said Verizon was the carrier for Cowell’s phone. Certain cell phone records of people who were associated with Cowell also are missing, he said. He did not know what periods were missing.

It has to include missing records of more then just MC & ppl she knew cos if not that def=something (someone?) reeks at (local?) Verizon..So why not tell the whole story instead of raising the public's suspicion re: this issue?

He said he found the missing data situation puzzling because Verizon was able to provide data for Cowell’s phone before and after the purged 12-hour period.

Harum said the situation with Verizon is even more troubling because all data requested from two other phone carriers was available within a day of search warrants being served

It seems to me its just as imp (if not more so) to know WHO contacted MC that day especially in the time period close to her disappearance..The best we can HOPE for is the perp does not have Verizon or that time period is not part of the missing 12 hrs but I have a feeling it is :(

So what are the chances that our perp works at Verizon? Or knows how to hack their databases?

I think our resident cell phone expert talked to this issue when the article was first released - but now I can't remember :waitasec:

Salem

Has anyone asked the Wenatchee World why there have been no articles about the dude being held on the Million dollar bail? Surely his crimes are newsworthy if his bail is so high?

Salem

It is my understanding, from someone who works for the PUD, that the dam’s reservoirs are filled into the evening to produce power for the early morning and the day.

I don’t know who collect this data? Did the PUD have any exclamation as to why there were so many fluctuations during the day? I am sure that there is a reason; it just seems strange.

Data comes from usace.mil, (US Army Corps of Engineers). Date found through Grant County PUD Resources page.

The filling of reservoirs at night appears to be a laymen way of trying to explain overall use of the reservoir system. It is what generally appears to happen, but at any specific day or dam this may not be evident.

I seen a lot of those little 'winged monkee' looking creatures mounted at the top of older German buildings while I was visiting briefly back in the late 70's.
I can't remember the proper name that's used to describe them but I think someone told me they were supposed to ward off evil spirits. I do remember getting a distinct creepy feeling whenever I spent time studying their design. (I'm editing this to say Giddyup got it at the end of page 7...they are indeed called gargoyles.)

I think it is some variation of a gargoyle. Is that the only one you saw?

Gargoyle, that's the name. Thanks.

No, there was another gargoyle a couple feet away.

You don't see gargoyles very often in this neck of the woods.

Gargoyle, that's the name. Thanks.

No, there was another gargoyle a couple feet away.

You don't see gargoyles very often in this neck of the woods.

What ever you do, Del....DON'T feed them after midnight...I'm just sayin'

What ever you do, Del....DON'T feed them after midnight...I'm just sayin'

LOL!! That's Gremlins Ozz, not Gargoyles ;) Ok...I think we've strayed a little OT, but still, funny.

Del, it should seem that whoever placed them there was probably a former resident...but why didn't they take them when they moved? Odd...unless it wasn't the owener/former resident who put them there. Hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken