WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 members and 15 guests viewing this thread. It's awfully sllooowwww in here. C'mon and join in guys! :) The more the merrier!

Today is the two-month anniversary of the date Mackenzie went missing! She needs our support and help in keeping her case alive!

They are? Weeeeell, then! Initials HR and AR. Pretty girls. As I said, lots of pics of HR in WW's photos of memorial.

According to fhc: this bloody looking stuff on the rocks is red lichens. Red lichens is also known as “blood of an innocent.”

I just thought this fact was rather poignant, especially in light of the gargoyles’ staring at it like they are guarding it.

That’s all.

this just about made me cry

just thinking about Mackenzie today & checking in for updates

RIP dear one

So what are the chances that our perp works at Verizon? Or knows how to hack their databases?

I think our resident cell phone expert talked to this issue when the article was first released - but now I can't remember :waitasec:

Salem

[bbm]

or has a family member/friend who works there or knows how to hack

that is highly suspicious and incredibly disappointing to me

I would hope that LE's computer forensics ppl. should be able to retrieve some kind of info on when the records were deleted and do some heavy duty interrogating

I'm beginning to support the notion that all phone service providers be required by law to keep records for a certain number of years

They are? Weeeeell, then! Initials HR and AR. Pretty girls. As I said, lots of pics of HR in WW's photos of memorial.

According the the WW photo captions, HR was Mackenzie's dance partner.
I'd imagine this loss is especially hard on her. :rose:

[respectfully snipped]
I'm beginning to support the notion that all phone service providers be required by law to keep records for a certain number of years

But, are we, as consumers, willing to pay for the additional billing costs that this would undoubtedly require? I think we are talking "substantial increase in our phone bills". Just wondering ....

Del Rio's picture from Feb 24th,(11 days after MC's body was found), at about 4 pm is attached below.

I believe this picture represents a slightly higher water level, just over 568 feet, (data from attachment 2), compared to the 12:45 pm water level on Saturday when MC's body was discovered, slightly below 568 feet, (data from attachment 3). This puts a body with feet in the reservoir water out there far enough it looks like it could even be seen from the roadway, (notice the guardrail in Del Rio's picture.)

You thought we were through? Nope, now it gets interesting.

The most interesting thing about this picture is you can see the water level had recently been a little higher, (maybe half a foot?). Boring you say? Just wait for it.

This higher water level cannot be explained by the Wanapum Dam elevation measurements, (they were below 568 feet and generally going up in the hours before this picture was taken). But the recent higher water shown in the picture can be explained by the small "surge" caused by the 1 to 3 pm generator use at Rock Island Dam, (noted on graph in attachment #2). And yes, that was a small "surge", (increase of 3 feet in a two hour period). Just look at after Del Rio took this picture to see a large "surge", (Rock Island levels go up 3 feet in 1 hour at 7 pm and continue up another foot and half the next hour).

So, what's this mean? I'm not that far ahead, so heck if I know? But if we've got a picture of what this small "surge" did at the Crescent Bar shoreline on Feb. 23rd, we should be able to compare it to water levels from the day MC's body was found and possibly get a picture of what any "surges" would have done to a body whose feet were in the reservoir water, (attachment #3 is from the day body was found and points out where water would have been surrounding body if it was located with feet in the reservoir).

If you don't want to attempt to figure out the graph, the short version is: 6 to 8 inches of water might have been around the body if the feet were in the reservoir as recent as 1 hour and 15 minutes before it was discovered.

Flyonthewall, I think you were correct about the "surge" wave coming from Rock Island Dam and my first assessment of the potential for a "surge" wave from just generator use was incorrect. Wouldn't have been able to know this without the picture. Plus, I believe because the property is located on the outside of the river bend, this bay where the body was found is effected even more by those "surges".

AutumnRose or Del Rio, if you can get me another picture when the water level is on it's way down, noting the EXACT time, I might be able to get a better picture of what the "surge" waves could have done to the body during the time frame MC was missing.

I think LE should hire you.

Sorry for not getting more info back on the car wash. My connection seems to have fallen off the earth and isn't returning email :-( I WAS pretty convinced, but now not so sure. Sorry to all.

Interestingly, on Weds. the twins got called back in for questioning. The only thing I know is LE wanted to talk to them about the "relationships and time line". These are the girls who claim to be MC best friends. Sure hope LE is getting some new information. I've personally felt the twins know more than what they are saying, but that's just my speculation.

I wonder why LE would want to question them again about relationships and timelines? They must have gone over this with them countless times. Perhaps to see if their story has changed?

I'll bet it is. I saw a status update on AR's MS page that said something to the effect of "I wish people would stop talking sh** about (MC)... You don't even know her." I'm paraphrasing. I got the impression BOTH of the twins were very, very close to MC.

I'll bet it is. I saw a status update on AR's MS page that said something to the effect of "I wish people would stop talking sh** about (MC)... You don't even know her." I'm paraphrasing. I got the impression BOTH of the twins were very, very close to MC.

I wonder who is talking shi__? Other kids?

Ditto!! One thing I cannot get over...I have still to this day, seen, ONE, 1, poster for MC asking for tips. I do not understand why the family does not see that the posters are EVERYWHERE!!! It would Not hurt the case!!! I have posted this tought I think, 3rd time now, and NO ONE repsonds?? So just get used to me reposting this thought until at least someone responds to this aweful feeling I have. If I was told to keep quiet, I would still post posters everywhere, for information, if it were my child...

From my perception these posters are everywhere! I live in one local town, work in another, and through various activities frequent other local towns and I see the reward posters everywhere!!!

Snipped
ETA: Also about the "spilling water" idea. Neither Rock Island nor Wanapum Dam, (like most, if not all dams, in the month of Feb.), spilled ANY water. All water appears to have gone through the generators, (minus the small amount that would constantly be flowing through fish ladders and such).
[/COLOR]

If LE really wanted to lower the level to look for something could they have Wanapum spill enough water to lower the level of the reservoir to proceed with the search?

If LE really wanted to lower the level to look for something could they have Wanapum spill enough water to lower the level of the reservoir to proceed with the search?

Something like that. Although, I believe the PUD would just shut down a generator someplace else on the power grid, or at Rock Island Dam itself, which would cause a double effect at lowering the reservoir when they started up the generators at Wanapum Dam to makeup for the loss of electricity from Rock Island. This way would make it so there was no loss of water - which in the reservoir system has a exact money value.

And generator use alone can drop a water level quickly, so no need to "spill" water, (as in use the spillways). And remember, in this case, LE might only be asking that the water not come back up, as it was only supposedly the feet in the "water."

Yes, the reservoir system is capable of adjusting the water levels for an LE investigations, (to a point). I believe I've heard a few news stories about them doing this for LE in the past, but I don't remember where. Although, I'm pretty sure it was on the Columbia River system, (IIRC). It doesn't appear they helped LE in this case, therefore IMO the body was not found with feet in reservoir "water".

Wait! Where were these taken? I missed it. but those are the same place~IMO

From what I see the photo on the right is on a hill and the left isn't. MC's pics were taken in the orondo area according to the photographer.

Me too, ahsgramma. Do you mean re: the possible perp; or re: the possible blackmail and/or threats; or both?

Sorry took so long to get back. Had a crying baby. All of the above.

Something like that. Although, I believe the PUD would just shut down a generator someplace else on the power grid, or at Rock Island Dam itself, which would cause a double effect at lowering the reservoir when they started up the generators at Wanapum Dam to makeup for the loss of electricity from Rock Island. This way would make it so there was no loss of water - which in the reservoir system has a exact money value.

And generator use alone can drop a water level quickly, so no need to "spill" water, (as in use the spillways). And remember, in this case, LE might only be asking that the water not come back up, as it was only supposedly the feet in the "water."

Yes, the reservoir system is capable of adjusting the water levels for an LE investigations, (to a point). I believe I've heard a few news stories about them doing this for LE in the past, but I don't remember where. Although, I'm pretty sure it was on the Columbia River system, (IIRC). It doesn't appear they helped LE in this case, therefore IMO the body was not found with feet in reservoir "water".

Hi Alt, Just curious, when one says 'reservoir water' as opposed to Columbia River water, do you mean the lake water that forms on the upriver side of the dam? The reason I ask is that lake formed by the dam eventually thins out to be just the Columbia River again. How does this impact our case, realizing there is a dam both up and downstream from our site of CB? Ta

Seems a bit quite so I will chime in.. I have not seen a poster in the entire city block of which I work. I just think it is important to actually get posters everywhere, for those folks who only frequent certain paths in their daily lives, and whom also may not even be aware of a murder in our valley, not everyone gets the paper/news, some folks ban that from their daily lives...
Also today I spoke personally with a LE officer and just asked " how is the case going on that girls murder?" He said he did not even know, he said alot of info/rumors were going around early on, from the ambulance drivers/medics, etc...... I asked about getting forensic back and he said, it can take many many months. When asked... he said, LE may know who did this but even he is unsure... FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member