WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we might assume that there are lights on automatic timers...

That was my original thought. I'd bet that they are!

(And hi again, everyone. Ebay and pups are taking every waking minute of my day. I'm gonna post a blog soon and want my friends to stop by. Please send me a fr request so you can see my pups!)

That just doesn't seem plausible to me. If the perp's original intent was rape and she could talk him out of it, then violent death follows? IDK. It just doesn't "fit". IMO, but I know very little about a criminal mind.

Yup yup. At that stage in the game, with as much rage exhibited on the corpse as was, there's nothing she could have talked the perp out of doing.

Rape is violence, not sex. If this perp would have had any desire to leverage that kind of violence against MC, he would have. He handled his violence in other ways. With a baseball bat (maybe), his own hands, and a knife.

Not having spent much time in "prickely brush", what kind of wounds would that brush leave? A scratch? A puncture? Both?

If they went through that brush, they did so in special gear. They have clothing that would leave them unphased as they went through briars and such.

Hell, the TEQ people go into much worse than that, and many of them are women in shorts. I guess it's all about how DEDICATED you are to finding the evidence.

The twins? Please, refresh my memory.
Have we heard about these twins previously here?

TIA, Sillyputty!

Just a guess. HR with the silly hair and her sister?

Oh, and anyone who cared to look at the WW pics of the memorial would see a LOT of pics of one of the twins, along with a name in the captions.

Plus, HR "posed" for JL.

Funny thing... I always see the HR photos and think "What an angry little girl"

According the the WW photo captions, HR was Mackenzie's dance partner.
I'd imagine this loss is especially hard on her. :rose:

I've wondered whether she was taking it hard, or enjoying the limelight from her closeness to Mackenzie.

If I recall correctly, Mackenzie had barely gone missing, and she called the WW to tell them that she was MC's best friend and wanted to do an interview with them.

Huh?

My "best friend" goes missing, I'm gonna be right there with the family, doing whatever I can to put put flyers, talk to people, stay in contact with LE... and if I were 18 and my best friend had been killed, my mother would have the good sense to keep me OUT of the media, especially if there's a "killer on the loose" whose identity no one knows. That is, unless the identity is known by the limelight chaser.

One thing I have found strange is :
The owner of the property whom reported MC's car on his property stated that " he noticed the vehicle when left to go to town and that when he returned home he noticed it still there " - that is when he reported it.
This means the owner was home and did not notice nor did he hear anyone bringing or leaving MC's car.

One thing I have found strange is :
The owner of the property whom reported MC's car on his property stated that " he noticed the vehicle when left to go to town and that when he returned home he noticed it still there " - that is when he reported it.
This means the owner was home and did not notice nor did he hear anyone bringing or leaving MC's car.

Hmm that's a little different than I heard which was one of the relatives that lives up there didn't see it when he got home at around 6:45 and another relative that lives up there saw it when he got home around 7:15.

In this area, the reservoir water doesn't thin out. When there isn't much activity from the dams, both the north side of the reservoir and the south side, (35 miles apart), can be at the exact same elevation. So it never looks like a "natural" flowing river through this area.

The graphs I posted earlier, (I've reposted the links for them below), show just how close the water elevation levels regularly are.

Try to think of it as a very narrow and very long bathtub with a huge drain on one end and gigantic faucet on the other. If you add and remove a small amount of water at the same time not much happens to the water levels throughout the tub. When you drain a large amount that end will dip lower and pull water from the other end. When you add a large amount that end will get higher and "surge" down to the other end to equalize until you turn off the faucet. Turning the faucet off quickly or plugging the tub quickly can cause sloshing inside the tub. Drain and fill the tub at the same time and things get interesting - if you've imagined a big enough bathtub, there can be times when the faucet side of the tub is 6 feet higher than the drain side of the tub - like at 7 pm on the Tuesday MC went missing - by the way, this was the highest water level event during the time MC was missing.

I see you've also dared to ask, "How does this impact our case?"

I don't think it does. Nor did I ever think it did. I've only gone down this path to determine how plausible the RUMOR of feet in "reservoir" water might be. But, this info DOES impact that RUMOR, (and media misquotes - IMO). The water level was quite far out on the shoreline when the body was discovered. The water level should have recently receded before the body was found -- around 6 to 8 inches about 1 hour and 15 minutes earlier. A body in reservoir water would also have started getting wet again from another Rock Island Dam release between 3 and 4 pm, (unless LE had already moved the body -- in which case the location they SUPPOSEDLY found the body would be getting covered by water. IMO, LE could have placed some phone calls to the dam operators and stopped that from happening if they wanted to.

I had to edit this down because I've started repeating myself... I've covered most of this in the earlier post and with these two line graphs.

Downloads
Water Levels While MC Missing
Water Levels After MC Found

Thanks Alt, you are a peach ;} I think it does augment what we know about the possible crime scene which is where her body was found. Everything helps IMO

Hmm that's a little different than I heard which was one of the relatives that lives up there didn't see it when he got home at around 6:45 and another relative that lives up there saw it when he got home around 7:15.

Noticed the vehicle at 7:10pm and called it in at 8pm

Several years ago, at Wenatchee's Confluence Park, a fine young man, 17, drowned at a designated swimming area where water depth had been about 8 feet, for days.
No sign gave warning of nightly water releases. When he attempted to swim acoss a narrow stretch, he suffered hypothermia and, with the unexpectedly deep water-now, about 12 feet,- he drowned. Now, there is a warning sign, years overdue.

I remember that we worked together at dennys. That was very sad

I realize there may be not much activity here on WS given that so little appears to be going on.

I realize there may be not much activity here on WS given that so little appears to be going on. Are there many discussing this in a chat room rather than here? I have followed this since the beginning, hope that someday soon there will be news. If I could follow this situation better elsewhere, I would appreciate someone letting me know . Thanks! I was unable to get into the chat room that was in an earlier post.

You need to get 50 posts to be able to receive a PM. There are games you can play to up your posts, like here
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

pet names....get 50 posts

ITA..Nothing is OK to omit for ANY reason..I also can't & don't believe LE would skip thoroughly searching "prickly brush" of all things..I'm sure they've had to search way worse (landfills for example) in the course of many investigations & do it without any hesitation.

LE would not skip a search area because there are sticker bushes... really??? Come on...

AutumnRose, that said, if MC's body was brought down the rumored path would the perp have been scratched and possibly torn clothing?

No. Once I found the path from below, it is open enough. The little clearing where the yellow paint is you can also get to ok. However, you gotta duck down to go from the end of the path or the clearing down the bank and to the rocky beach. Lots of small trees and brush and tall grasses. Now, I think to get to the other clearings or the duck blind, which I did not see........you need long sleeves on, I think, I did not cross over where the stream comes out to look on the other side. I wasn't prepared for wet feet. Today, I was. However; I wasn't able to even get out of the car, which I explain in the video's I took today. Working on those now.

I was told that a store owner in CB provided all of their video serveillance (sp?) to LE. There is apparently video of headlights pulling into the CB home. Not sure what day/night or anything else.

I was told that a store owner in CB provided all of their video serveillance (sp?) to LE. There is apparently video of headlights pulling into the CB home. Not sure what day/night or anything else.

A store surveillance picked up lights at the CB home? Is that possible? It seems so remote in all the pics people have posted. Where would the store be? WHY would someone have their lights on?

If this rumor is true...wow, it will be helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd