WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda what I was thinking. Need to find out more. All our sleuther's are chatting! Well, not all of them. I guess we will have to work without everyone, as I'm not going to the chat room either. If you can't go, I won't go!
We all need to stay united. JMO

So, the Smith brother's are builder's. They specialize in concrete.......everything. Floors, showers, counter's. Everything is concrete. They do really nice work. I think they kindof stay there quite a bit.......at least somebody does. Maybe it's the younger one. So, we need to try and find a connection with WC, since she is also a custom home builder.

A. Rose,

When was this picture taken, http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4513848818/in/photostream/ I know you said you left around 4:50, just not sure when this was taken.

Besides the low water level, it appears to be a similar view one of our RUMORED posters had on the Saturday that MC was found. (Although this person was RUMORED to be at the top of the driveway -- it appears this picture was taken from the bottom.) A. Rose, do you have a shot from the top of the driveway from the 11th?

To the poster who was RUMORED to be there on the Saturday MC was found, could you download this picture and add some text and arrows to indicate where you possibly saw something? Or use another one of A. Rose's great shots from about the same view point. This one appears to be from same spot zoomed in, maybe that would work better for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4507535764/in/photostream/ Or maybe even a screenshot from this video Rose took would be better: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4513536795/

If none of those work, it appears we still need a shot from the top of the driveway... preferable during a low water event.

ETA: Just realized, (because of my below post), that it may not have been the top of the driveway exactly that this persons viewpoint was from... so???

My daughter said "New Years"..... whether it was NewYears Eve, New Years Day, day before or after I don't know and I'm not going to bug her about it anymore, but it did come out of MC's own mouth and my daughter doesn't lie. Of course JV didn't know about it that is why it's called "cheating" as I'm pretty sure they weren't in an open relationship.

Okay, I was just saying that JV was with her that day. I didn't mean to offend you. You had posted that your daughter heard from MC that she slept with someone else. When someone posts a big thing like that on this site, most of the members will ask more questions so we can understand it better, especially when something is very defamatory to MC, the victim here.

This is RUMOR as explained to me, (and some others). There is know way to verify who this was, but I believe it was a regular here. IF so, and they would like to take credit for this RUMOR, (or correct anything for that matter), that would be great.

Otherwise, here it is:

This person was RUMORED to be at the top of the driveway on the way in to CB for vacation with family at around 2 PM on the Saturday that MC's body was found. This person stopped due to either LE activity or people standing at the top of the driveway. Here are some quotes from this person, (PLEASE take this as little more than RUMOR unless/until this person claims ownership of these comments).

Another Reliable RUMOR? - (Not same as 676)

"I talked with the people that found the body."

"We arrived around 2PM; we were headed down the hill to (vacation spot removed by ALT) for the weekend."

"One LE passed us as we were going down towards CB (I was thinking I was going to be ticketed for speeding, which I didn't need), and there was also LE there already."

"We stopped to see what the commotion was. No the ambulance wasn't there yet, or the coroner; at least we didn't notice that. "

"It was some teens and a couple adults we talked to. The teens were the ones that found the body."

"One of the adults lived up on the cliffs above CB. Not sure if they were the parents of the kids or not."

"Yes the teens were up on the road when we talked with them. By that time LE was there and the folks that found MC were up on the road."

"The people pointed to where she was (she was still there). It was a ways down from where we were, so we couldn't really see."

"Regarding what we could see; the finders pointed to something white on the beach and said that's where MC was. Not sure if MC was covered, or if the something white was just a referenced location."

"I don't recall seeing LE at the shoreline."

"One of the adults at the scene at CB thought MC might have gone through the dam."

"Yes because of injuries..." "...and I think they didn't realize how improbable going through the dam was."

"Not sure where the arm was injured"

"I didn't take note on what cars were there really. The LE was unmarked as well."

"My son just told me there was police tape when we were there."

"Tape around pond, not sure where else."

"We didn't stay too long; my spouse said we should leave."

"Yes, FBI talked to us, very informal, took my name and number." (ALT: Although I appear to have missed the quote, the FBI questioning was stated as happening Saturday evening. - ALT cut and paste poorly, bad ALT)

"My spouse was on a run the next day and noticed the divers."

"It wasn't warm at all that weekend"

=====================
Follow Up Questioning:
=====================

Asked if this poster was the family that found the body: "No I'm sure I'm not the family (another poster's name removed by ALT) is referring to; that must be the family that we saw that actually found the body."

Asked where passed by LE, stated, "Yes LE passed us as we were going down the hill before we knew what was going on. One LE even turned down the wrong road towards Little CB. We thought maybe there was a fire or something."

Asked if the people had been shooting, stated, "The teens weren't shooting. It was a couple guys and a gal I think I recall."

Asked about the RUMOR of a Realtor's discovering the body, stated, "I believe there was just a family that discovered MC, not a Realtor. Unless one of the parents was a Realtor."

Asked if it was possible for a Realtor to have arrived after body found but before LE showed up, responded with "...that is possible, since we showed up at 2PM; I have no knowledge of the Realtor tho."

Asked about the RUMORED CB business's security video showing headlight going into the CB property, stated, "I can't imagine what store. There is a store just down from the house, but not sure what they could see. There is a store at the top of the hill, but the house couldn't be seen from there."

Gone Too Soon- is there anything you can clear up for us? What do you think about this cheating rumor? Also, what about everythng that Alt so graciously summarized for us from the chat room?

A. Rose,

When was this picture taken, http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4513848818/in/photostream/ I know you said you left around 4:50, just not sure when this was taken.

Besides the low water level, it appears to be a similar view one of our RUMORED posters had on the Saturday that MC was found. (Although this person was RUMORED to be at the top of the driveway -- it appears this picture was taken from the bottom.) A. Rose, do you have a shot from the top of the driveway from the 11th?

To the poster who was RUMORED to be there on the Saturday MC was found, could you download this picture and add some text and arrows to indicate where you possibly saw something? Or use another one of A. Rose's great shots from about the same view point. This one appears to be from same spot zoomed out, maybe that would work better for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4507535764/in/photostream/ Or maybe even a screenshot from this video Rose took would be better: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4513536795/

If none of those work, it appears we still need a shot from the top of the driveway... preferable during a low water event.

Alt......I probably took that picture just before I left. The rest of my pics and video's are still uploading! The problem is, I can't put them in order until they are all done uploading. They upload backwards from when I took them, and the pictures always upload first, so I have to go thru them and put them in the correct order to give you the correct time. I just took video from the top of the drive way when I first got there at 2:30, but it will be the last one to upload. It's frustrating, but i just keep track of the numbers and will create a new set and have them all in order........hopefully by this evening! The last 10 videos are only 32% complete right now, and since I had to break them down into 3 groups due to the files being so big, they are all mixed up! If it helps, I don't think the water level fluctuated any while I was there. So, they all should look about the same. I took several still shots on the beach so you could compare the water level with earlier pictures.

SSL stands for South Side Locos a Surenos 13 gang based out of mexico and southern cities , has major players in the wenatchee area and IMO was not related to this case,

A. Rose,

To the poster who was RUMORED to be there on the Saturday MC was found, could you download this picture and add some text and arrows to indicate where you possibly saw something? Or use another one of A. Rose's great shots from about the same view point. This one appears to be from same spot zoomed in, maybe that would work better for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4507535764/in/photostream/ Or maybe even a screenshot from this video Rose took would be better: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4513536795/

ETA: Just realized, (because of my below post), that it may not have been the top of the driveway exactly that this persons viewpoint was from... so???
i was a bit east from the top of the driveway and can't add anything of value other than we talked to the people that found mc.

SSL stands for South Side Locos a Surenos 13 gang based out of mexico and southern cities , has major players in the wenatchee area and IMO was not related to this case,
I thought they were only in South Wenatchee, which is known for lower income housing and gang violence, but have seen their tagging all over.

Could you tell us why you think SSL is not involved? Would just like to have more to go on if you have any details.
:) Thanks!

Okay, I was just saying that JV was with her that day. I didn't mean to offend you. You had posted that your daughter heard from MC that she slept with someone else. When someone posts a big thing like that on this site, most of the members will ask more questions so we can understand it better, especially when something is very defamatory to MC, the victim here.

I don't think sleuthing the rumor is defamatory. IF it did happen, it doesn't make her any less of a good person. I'm more interested in knowing who this other rumored person is. JMO

I don't think sleuthing the rumor is defamatory. IF it did happen, it doesn't make her any less of a good person. I'm more interested in knowing who this other rumored person is. JMO

You're right and I'd like to know more about this rumor too- who this person is, if it had ever happened before, how it came up in conversation (was MC bragging about it, or was she feeling remorseful, or was she worried about telling JV, etc.)

I'm in the process of uploading pics from CB, including pics of the crawlspace under the deck.

Stay tuned!

Alt......I probably took that picture just before I left. The rest of my pics and video's are still uploading! The problem is, I can't put them in order until they are all done uploading. They upload backwards from when I took them, and the pictures always upload first, so I have to go thru them and put them in the correct order to give you the correct time. I just took video from the top of the drive way when I first got there at 2:30, but it will be the last one to upload. It's frustrating, but i just keep track of the numbers and will create a new set and have them all in order........hopefully by this evening! The last 10 videos are only 32% complete right now, and since I had to break them down into 3 groups due to the files being so big, they are all mixed up! If it helps, I don't think the water level fluctuated any while I was there. So, they all should look about the same. I took several still shots on the beach so you could compare the water level with earlier pictures.

I guess I'll work up water levels for 2:30 next to go with the video you are working towards.

Wonder if puf's source can tell us which stream the body was next too or between, (we've got some pretty good diagrams on here to compare things too)?

I'm beginning to think the body might have been floating around, (or at the bottom of that bay), for awhile. Unless ya can make a plausible theory out of the body being washed clean, (RUMOR), before it was "placed" there sometime after the Friday morning's high water levels.

Yes, I said Friday. I'm also beginning to think that the sporadically higher water levels at Rock Island Dam Friday night and Saturday, (until the body was found), possible DON'T effect the CB property's water levels as much as I thought. Otherwise, LE's description to the family, (RUMOR), that the clothes were DRY just can't make sense, (unless the body was "positioned" or came to rest after Friday morning's high water levels in some strange way??? - which isn't the way it is RUMORED to have been discovered either. It is more plausible that I am wrong about the effect the higher water levels at Rock Island Dam effect the bay at the CB property.

LE would have had to realize that the body had been floating around in the water a while right away not to care enough to ask the dam operator's to stop flooding the area where it was found, (which almost certainly happened Saturday evening, (twice). Or did it not even occur to LE to call the dam??? Also it seems it would be easier to do a better search of the bay during a low water event then using the dive team on Sunday, (when there were likely two "higher" water levels in the bay)??? There was a very low water level event on Sunday night/early Monday morning, maybe LE setup lights and searched the bay then?

Whatever... if the body was floating around for days... gonna be almost impossible to know where it originated from, (only clue as to the location where the body was put in the water NOW appears to be what sounds like evidence related to the case discovered in the brush on the CB property).

RUMOR, SPECULATION, MOO, and the like.

Thanks Alt, Didn't we read the body was 'propped up'? It sounded so odd to me when I read it.

Well, the body wouldn't have been in the position it was found in from Tues on or it would have been spotted earlier I think. If she was 'put' right inside the line of foliage {in that prickly brush} and slipped down when the high water came up there, could it have surrounded her body and washed her and the area of blood? Blood stops flowing anyway at death, so a soaking by the water might just remove what was on and around her. And then as the water receded, it could be possible one of her almost severed arms got caught underneath her body and so she assumed a position similar to being propped up, right? SURMISAL only

ETA: To clarify, If the high water washed her down onto the rocky beach. she would no longer be in the original area where she was put and where blood would be on say the foliage. So then it would be a matter as to whether that amount of water activity on her would cleanse her body of blood residue. xox

I guess I'll work up water levels for 2:30 next to go with the video you are working towards.

Snipped 'cause I just wanted to get Alt's attention!

My water level pic was Sunday at 5:05ish... I'll be posting a Flickr link in a little bit.

Wonder if puf's source can tell us which stream the body was next too or between, (we've got some pretty good diagrams on here to compare things too)?

I'm beginning to think the body might have been floating around, (or at the bottom of that bay), for awhile. Unless ya can make a plausible theory out of the body being washed clean, (RUMOR), before it was "placed" there sometime after the Friday morning's high water levels.

Yes, I said Friday. I'm also beginning to think that the sporadically higher water levels at Rock Island Dam Friday night and Saturday, (until the body was found), possible DON'T effect the CB property's water levels as much as I thought. Otherwise, LE's description to the family, (RUMOR), that the clothes were DRY just can't make sense, (unless the body was "positioned" or came to rest after Friday morning's high water levels in some strange way??? - which isn't the way it is RUMORED to have been discovered either. It is more plausible that I am wrong about the effect the higher water levels at Rock Island Dam effect the bay at the CB property.

LE would have had to realize that the body had been floating around in the water a while right away not to care enough to ask the dam operator's to stop flooding the area where it was found, (which almost certainly happened Saturday evening, (twice). Or did it not even occur to LE to call the dam??? Also it seems it would be easier to do a better search of the bay during a low water event then using the dive team on Sunday, (when there were likely two "higher" water levels in the bay)??? There was a very low water level event on Sunday night/early Monday morning, maybe LE setup lights and searched the bay then?

Whatever... if the body was floating around for days... gonna be almost impossible to know where it originated from, (only clue as to the location where the body was put in the water NOW appears to be what sounds like evidence related to the case discovered in the brush on the CB property).

RUMOR, SPECULATION, MOO, and the like.

The thing is..........from what I have seen................to be able to see where MC's remains were, from the top of the driveway..............she would have had to be more on the West part of the property. You can't really see through all the brush and trees and grass, down to the beach, unless there is a pocket in all the "stuff"! The stream has "stuff" growing up on either side of it...all the way down to the beach. However, it's only about 3 feet high. If MC's body was next to the stream and she was out far enough, you might be able to see her body from up top. IDK. I may have to go back out and stand at the top of the drive way for some still pics and then at the top of the stream. Also, I'm sure, 2 months ago, the trees didn't have leaves on them and it was probably a bit more "open" to the beach. We know that LE told the family that her clothes were dry. However; the kids that found her did say that her feet and legs were in the water. The family also believes all of her injuries were from the neck up, but the accounts from the folks that found her are that one of her arms was nearly severed. I can't see her feet "bobbing" in the water from the stream. That water flows pretty fast and it's really not that deep. I don't remember if the media pictures showing the water level and the crime scene tape were taken the afternoon of Feb 13th or the next day, but I remember the water level was much closer to the brush than it was either day I was there taking pictures. Especially yesterday, Sunday the 11th. It would be great to know what night the video captured lights coming down the driveway! I think maybe there are camera's at the building on the golf course and possibly at the other shops down in CB..........the ice cream shoppe............the boutique, etc. Possibly the office for the Sunserra properties? That bldg sits up on the hillside enough that, if there was an outdoor camera aimed that way I could see it would possibly capture that driveway, or at least the upper drive. Perhaps another trip is in order to look for camera's!

Hope all this made sense!

Thanks Alt, Didn't we read the body was 'propped up'? It sounded so odd to me when I read it.

Well, the body wouldn't have been in the position it was found in from Tues on or it would have been spotted earlier I think. If she was 'put' right inside the line of foliage {in that prickly brush} and slipped down when the high water came up there, could it have surrounded her body and washed her and the area of blood? Blood stops flowing anyway at death, so a soaking by the water might just remove what was on and around her. And then as the water receded, it could be possible one of her almost severed arms got caught underneath her body and so she assumed a position similar to being propped up, right? SURMISAL only

ETA: To clarify, If the high water washed her down onto the rocky beach. she would no longer be in the original area where she was put and where blood would be on say the foliage. So then it would be a matter as to whether that amount of water activity on her would cleanse her body of blood residue. xox

I think the rumor that she was in a sitting position was speculation from Del Rio.

Also, I have looked hard everywhere on that property.......except back in the thick brush. I see no blood.........nothing that indicates there was a struggle for survival.....etc. There is a lot of the tall grasses that are laid down, but it looks like it's been that way for quite a long time and it isn't all chewed up. It's just laid down and most of it is wet and dried out and brown, etc. I only saw broken twigs and branches on the smaller trees that are on either side of the one pathway that leads down the steep bank to the beach...... where LE tied an orange ribbon on a branch. The only areas on the beach that looked like the rocks were disturbed was the one spot that had no rocks at all and another spot nearby that had more dirt than rocks, and I took pictures and video of both of those. Also, the area where there seems to be a bit of a pile of dark rocks, where some of the crime scene tape is visible within the pile, and that is near the West property line. Both of the ponds were full of green slime and tumbleweeds and plants growing up from the sides and the bottom. Nothing looked disturbed or even recently disturbed. I did take a couple of videos of the grassy area at the foot of the big stream, where the cut off telephone pole is. Those grasses are all matted down, but there were deer hoof prints in the mud and lots of other critter footprints, so imagine it's a great place for animals to drink from the stream. The parts of the bank that have all the thick brush are fairly steep, so if she was on any part of those banks, and there are a few areas that aren't totally closed off with thick brush.......she might have been in a somewhat sitting position, as the bank is so steep. So, I could see that, and if the water level was high, her feet and legs could be in the water and she would be "on the bank", but not really hidden well. The banks below the West side of the property are not steep and there is less "beach"/rock exposed when the water level is down than on the East part of the property. There is not much brush, either, so you can see through the trees and grasses that are there. The videos all show that. 51% complete, at this point. I kid you not..............I have been loading them since 8:pm last night!

No. Someone who works in a school program was in chat and posted that they heard that, not witnessed it or that it was their own opinion. IIRC!

Do you have any idea how far removed from the teacher the "chatter" is?

Is this a rumor that has been passed around the school or did the person hear it directly from the teacher?

I completley understand if you don't know as I understand you are giving information on something that was posted in a chat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine