WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this ok to post, please forgive me if it is NOT. I came across an apparent friend of MCs on FB (I dont think I can post her name even though there is relevant stuff about MC on her wall, because she hasnt been named and she still has her age as 16).

She recently joined a group for a young man that from what I can tell committed suicide in March(the FB comments led me to believe this). MC and this young man seem to have known some mutual friends. I dont know where I am going with this really, but it just seems odd so close to MC being murdered.

Here is the link to the memorial page. I hope this is within TOS if it isnt please please forgive me and feel free to delete this post !

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...!/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=108670845817810

Okay sleuthers, I want to jog your memory banks because I have been searching for a post and can not find it and I am hoping someone else remembers it or might even be the one who posted it. Also, since this is based on my memory of what it said, it may be somewhat skewed. I came in here around the middle of March and I do believe the post was after that.
The person who posted was speculating (I do not remember whether the poster had first hand info or it was via the rumor mill) that MC had recently befriended a couple of "bad boys", but that she had realized the nature of their badness and had opted out of the friendship. The poster stated that one of the bad boys was seriously infatuated with MC to the point of weirdness and not really liking taking no for an answer. The poster stated something to the effect that once MC got the point across that she was not interested, the boy started talking alot of nastiness about her.
Does anyone remember this post or want to claim it?

Okay sleuthers, I want to jog your memory banks because I have been searching for a post and can not find it and I am hoping someone else remembers it or might even be the one who posted it.

Sorry, I do not recall this at all!

Thanks so much 'Inspector Rose' LOL a la Autumn, Your synopsis of that property is really well done and gives a more full picture of the scene.

I wonder why that one red flag is there? The other marker/s flat to the ground could be survey markers. Realizing how difficult it would be to move her body, 130 lbs of dead weight, do you have any feeling that the killer stumbled and with her weight she might have slid down that hill and the rising water moved her over to where she was found? I guess that would mean that she'd have been stored somewhere for a few days and put there maybe in the dead of night on Fri. I can see the movement of water up the bank a bit would maybe wash her over to where she was found, which was a spot visible from the road up above I believe. xox IMO
I noticed today, for the first time, what looks like a big drain or passageway passing under the road. whaddayathink? pic attached, I hope. Might be a place to stash something? About that young man's suicide so close in time to MC's death, it makes me feel that some kids might find the facts surrounding what happened to MC, if they learned of them, too tough to handle, emotionally. MOO

Attachments

• IMGP1416.jpg
    IMGP1416.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 57
Some people on here get really upset when we discuss LC.....not me. I think if you put yourself out there as a bad *advertiser censored**, then you might get talked about. I think he, or his affiliates, should still be a consideration.

I have no problem with you talking about him. It was his family particularly the grandfather I objected to. It is against TOS.

Thanks Alt, Didn't we read the body was 'propped up'? It sounded so odd to me when I read it.

Well, the body wouldn't have been in the position it was found in from Tues on or it would have been spotted earlier I think. If she was 'put' right inside the line of foliage {in that prickly brush} and slipped down when the high water came up there, could it have surrounded her body and washed her and the area of blood? Blood stops flowing anyway at death, so a soaking by the water might just remove what was on and around her. And then as the water receded, it could be possible one of her almost severed arms got caught underneath her body and so she assumed a position similar to being propped up, right? SURMISAL only

ETA: To clarify, If the high water washed her down onto the rocky beach. she would no longer be in the original area where she was put and where blood would be on say the foliage. So then it would be a matter as to whether that amount of water activity on her would cleanse her body of blood residue. xox

BBM

Didn't we read the body was 'propped up'?
I believe lots of positions have been described, but almost all of them have been through SPECULATION and not RUMOR. Still, there is probably a RUMOR for every position possible, so you need to decide which RUMOR you wanna go with because they are all just RUMORS anyway, IMO (except for the feet were in "water" when discovered).

the body wouldn't have been in the position it was found in from Tues on or it would have been spotted earlier I think
I'll just try to reword that sentence to fit my opinion --- The body COULD ONLY have been in the position it was found in starting at FRIDAY MID-MORNING on. (Caps to indict differences in sentence, not to yell). Reason is: there is no doubt in my mind that Friday mornings high water levels covered body OR - more likely - moved the body to the site where it was found. Since it appears the body did spend some time in the water, I'm leaning towards that being the case -- unless some water level pics and measurements prove to me that Friday evening's 2 "higher" water levels and Saturday's 3 "higher" water levels before the body was found would have been enough to soak or move the body further. In which case, clothes being described as DRY no longer fits either, so that sort of rules that possibility out.)

slipped down when the high water came up there
The highest water levels for the time MC was missing was greatest on Tuesday evening. Then some almost as high water through Wednesday mid-afternoon. Thursday's and Friday's "high" were likely at least 2 feet less then Tuesday's and Wednesday's. (Here's the link to download the LARGE pic of the water level chart during the time MC was missing. Hopefully, you can see what I mean.)

Continuing thoughts on body's final position: I posted RUMOR information earlier which appears to confirm some of puf's description from puf's source. Even if we take into account the possibility that both RUMORS originated from the same source, the fact that they mostly confirm each other, even though one appears to have originated on the Saturday MC was found and the other from more recently when puf received the latest info makes ME want to treat them as both semi-confirmed RUMORS. This description does not include a very unusual body positioning, (one that I don't think wave action couldn't account for that is).

In brief, I think there is some confusion about the terms "relationship" & "cheating" as in loose definitions or actions. Also, is the report from the daughter a first hand account or is it from hearsay. Were they WITH MC on New Year's Eve either with JV or with another OR did they just hear about it? I'd be really surprised if it is what it sounds like and I'd also be surprised if it's first hand knowledge. I am also increasingly weary of the sleuthing of MC when she is clearly the VICTIM here - she is NOT responsible for being murdered.

I'd like to say that the summary of information from the chat room by Alt is accurate; but I am feeling like being required to use the chat room to have a useful discussion on this case has really diluted the ability to follow the case efficiently (going to work, school, etc) and I wish we could be permitted to discuss with care and caution ALL the scenarios/possibilities instead of just selected ones.

I have to run for now - may check back later, but losing my interest in this forum for the reasons I have stated.
Hi Gone, I understand how you feel, especially because you knew Mackenzie and she is the victim here.

I had been on WS for a long time before I realized that whenever the FBI profiles a criminal, they also write a profile for his/her victim. It helps the investigation go full circle in figuring out what happened and why. ETA: I think that is what posters are trying to do here. xox

alt.theory- after all of your research on the water levels, what is your personal opinion about where MC's body was placed? Do you think she was dropped off at CB to later be put in the river or do you think she floated down from another location? TIA

The thing is..........from what I have seen................to be able to see where MC's remains were, from the top of the driveway..............she would have had to be more on the West part of the property. You can't really see through all the brush and trees and grass, down to the beach, unless there is a pocket in all the "stuff"! The stream has "stuff" growing up on either side of it...all the way down to the beach. However, it's only about 3 feet high. If MC's body was next to the stream and she was out far enough, you might be able to see her body from up top. IDK. I may have to go back out and stand at the top of the drive way for some still pics and then at the top of the stream. Also, I'm sure, 2 months ago, the trees didn't have leaves on them and it was probably a bit more "open" to the beach. We know that LE told the family that her clothes were dry. However; the kids that found her did say that her feet and legs were in the water. The family also believes all of her injuries were from the neck up, but the accounts from (puf's source) {identifier removed by ALT} are that one of her arms was nearly severed. I can't see her feet "bobbing" in the water from the stream. That water flows pretty fast and it's really not that deep. I don't remember if the media pictures showing the water level and the crime scene tape were taken the afternoon of Feb 13th or the next day, but I remember the water level was much closer to the brush than it was either day I was there taking pictures. Especially yesterday, Sunday the 11th. It would be great to know what night the video captured lights coming down the driveway! I think maybe there are camera's at the building on the golf course and possibly at the other shops down in CB..........the ice cream shoppe............the boutique, etc. Possibly the office for the Sunserra properties? That bldg sits up on the hillside enough that, if there was an outdoor camera aimed that way I could see it would possibly capture that driveway, or at least the upper drive. Perhaps another trip is in order to look for camera's!

Hope all this made sense!

BBM

Yuppers, it made sense. If you've got video from the top of the driveway, I think it will do just fine.

The family also believes all of her injuries were from the neck up
Not entire sure what your source is on this, but if from 676, the word "most" was used. Most injuries were done to the neck up.

Also I believe puf's source has described it as both arms.

I don't remember if the media pictures showing the water level and the crime scene tape were taken the afternoon of Feb 13th
Only picture from Feb. 13th I've seen was an after dark shot of LE in the driveway by WW. None of the TV news stations would have had the chance to get there on Saturday during daylight, (maybe Spokane -- but just barely and likely not).

BBM

Didn't we read the body was 'propped up'?
I believe lots of positions have been described, but almost all of them have been through SPECULATION and not RUMOR. Still, there is probably a RUMOR for every position possible, so you need to decide which RUMOR you wanna go with because they are all just RUMORS anyway, IMO (except for the feet were in "water" when discovered).

the body wouldn't have been in the position it was found in from Tues on or it would have been spotted earlier I think
I'll just try to reword that sentence to fit my opinion --- The body COULD ONLY have been in the position it was found in starting at FRIDAY MID-MORNING on. (Caps to indict differences in sentence, not to yell). Reason is: there is no doubt in my mind that Friday mornings high water levels covered body OR - more likely - moved the body to the site where it was found. Since it appears the body did spend some time in the water, I'm leaning towards that being the case -- unless some water level pics and measurements prove to me that Friday evening's 2 "higher" water levels and Saturday's 3 "higher" water levels before the body was found would have been enough to soak or move the body further. In which case, clothes being described as DRY no longer fits either, so that sort of rules that possibility out.)

slipped down when the high water came up there
The highest water levels for the time MC was missing was greatest on Tuesday evening. Then some almost as high water through Wednesday mid-afternoon. Thursday's and Friday's "high" were likely at least 2 feet less then Tuesday's and Wednesday's. (Here's the link to download the LARGE pic of the water level chart during the time MC was missing. Hopefully, you can see what I mean.)

Continuing thoughts on body's final position: I posted RUMOR information earlier which appears to confirm some of puf's description from puf's source. Even if we take into account the possibility that both RUMORS originated from the same source, the fact that they mostly confirm each other, even though one appears to have originated on the Saturday MC was found and the other from more recently when puf received the latest info makes ME want to treat them as both semi-confirmed RUMORS. This description does not include a very unusual body positioning, (one that I don't think wave action couldn't account for that is).

Thanks Alt as always, Taking the reworded sentence, that means her body could have been in that spot from Fri mid morning on, how long do you think it could have been there before being seen by someone.

Also, I only read that once in chat last night about the body being propped up. Nothing is gospel here yet which is why my brow wrinkled when I read that. I was just curious if it is thought it possible for a body to be found lying out on a rocky flat beach - and be propped. I doubt it myself.

BBM

Yuppers, it made sense. If you've got video from the top of the driveway, I think it will do just fine.

The family also believes all of her injuries were from the neck up
Not entire sure what your source is on this, but if from 676, the word "most" was used. Most injuries were done to the neck up.

Also I believe puf's source has described it as both arms.

I don't remember if the media pictures showing the water level and the crime scene tape were taken the afternoon of Feb 13th
Only picture from Feb. 13th I've seen was an after dark shot of LE in the driveway by WW. None of the TV news stations would have had the chance to get there on Saturday during daylight, (maybe Spokane -- but just barely and likely not).

I thought the quote from our guest was that The family believes most of her injuries were from the neck up

That would allude to there being at least another injury below the neck, right? So saying, if she had 3 injuries above the neck and 2 below it, that would still mean most of the injuries were above the neck IMO. We don't know the exactness for sure.

Okay sleuthers, I want to jog your memory banks because I have been searching for a post and can not find it and I am hoping someone else remembers it or might even be the one who posted it. Also, since this is based on my memory of what it said, it may be somewhat skewed. I came in here around the middle of March and I do believe the post was after that.
The person who posted was speculating (I do not remember whether the poster had first hand info or it was via the rumor mill) that MC had recently befriended a couple of "bad boys", but that she had realized the nature of their badness and had opted out of the friendship. The poster stated that one of the bad boys was seriously infatuated with MC to the point of weirdness and not really liking taking no for an answer. The poster stated something to the effect that once MC got the point across that she was not interested, the boy started talking alot of nastiness about her.
Does anyone remember this post or want to claim it?

I believe that was my post. I'm not sure if it's still there, I haven't checked to see if it was deleted or not. It was all speculation.

alt.theory- after all of your research on the water levels, what is your personal opinion about where MC's body was placed? Do you think she was dropped off at CB to later be put in the river or do you think she floated down from another location? TIA

I don't believe she floated down the river only because I believe the evidence markers LE left in the brush indict they found something related to this crime there.

That said, I don't leave out the possibility, (although it would be a small one), that LE was just picking up and tagging gum wrappers left by duck hunters, ;) and no real evidence was found there related to the crime. This would leave the possibility that the body floated down from upstream.

It would also interest me if those of us that have walked around the CB property had found other evidence markers at OTHER locations around the bay. (BTW, isn't LE littering when they do this?)

I thought the quote from our guest was that The family believes most of her injuries were from the neck up

That would allude to there being at least another injury below the neck, right? So saying, if she had 3 injuries above the neck and 2 below it, that would still mean most of the injuries were above the neck IMO. We don't know the exactness for sure.

Sorry scandi,

I guess I wasn't being very clear. The bolded part was taken from the quote above my post. But you are correct.

Thanks Alt as always, Taking the reworded sentence, that means her body could have been in that spot from Fri mid morning on, how long do you think it could have been there before being seen by someone.

Also, I only read that once in chat last night about the body being propped up. Nothing is gospel here yet which is why my brow wrinkled when I read that. I was just curious if it is thought it possible for a body to be found lying out on a rocky flat beach - and be propped. I doubt it myself.

Whether it was seen as a body and whether it was identified as anything more than river debris is the question. Driving from the road taking glances at the beach and water, seems like it might just be passed over as nothing but a duck hunter's deflated air mattress or something similar a duck hunter might leave. (OH -- I AM JUST HURTING MYSELF HERE LOL LOL LOL) Edited to add: Yes, I respect the fact that this body at one time contained the being of someone they loved. But once that being is removed, it becomes just a body like all of our will one day become. Love the being. Remember the being. Not the body.

The other problem with the body being left in that position by the suspects, is then you need to explain how, or why, it appeared clean as well. (Again, knowing that is only RUMOR as well)

Whether it was seen as a body and whether it was identified as anything more than river debris is the question. Driving from the road taking glances at the beach and water, seems like it might just be passed over as nothing but a duck hunter's deflated air mattress or something similar a duck hunter might leave. (OH -- I AM JUST KILLING MYSELF HERE LOL LOL LOL)

The other problem with the body being left in that position by the suspects, is then you need to explain how, or why, it appeared clean as well. (Again, knowing that is only RUMOR as well)
Yes Alt, to the other problem as to how it appeared clean, I have the feeling #1 that by the time the body got there on that beach there would have been no seepage of blood at that point in time. If she was killed there it couldn't have been at that specific spot where she was found, so that crime scene with blood spatter would be in another place.

And #2, as to the blood we assume had to be on her body due to the perp 'venting their rage on the body' as our guest told us, she was found adjacent to water that moves up and down due to the dam activity in the area. I don't think it would take much soaking by water to remove visible signs of blood. IMO only

I believe that was my post. I'm not sure if it's still there, I haven't checked to see if it was deleted or not. It was all speculation.

Thank you so much for claiming it. I was about to go nutty searching for it! I simply knew that curiousfortruth has not been the lone speculation that there might have been someone MC was interested in other than her boyfriend, and I apologize in advance if this offends anyone.

Thank you and I completely agree about the sleuthing of MC. I hope you continue to come back here because we all really appreciate the insight you have given us! It's great for MC's sake to have someone who knew her, loved her and can clear up harmful comments about her.

One quick question- is there a specific scenario/possibility that you would like to see discussed here?

I don't think mentioning this is really anything bad against MC. I think it is a way of bringing up either another POI or motive.

I didn't get the feeling it came from a particular teacher or "source," just general discussion. That's just my take on it, but I didn't chat or post that info, so idk. Not qualified to answer. :)

IIRC the poster spoke with the teacher.

I am not sure if this ok to post, please forgive me if it is NOT. I came across an apparent friend of MCs on FB (I dont think I can post her name even though there is relevant stuff about MC on her wall, because she hasnt been named and she still has her age as 16).

She recently joined a group for a young man that from what I can tell committed suicide in March(the FB comments led me to believe this). MC and this young man seem to have known some mutual friends. I dont know where I am going with this really, but it just seems odd so close to MC being murdered.

Here is the link to the memorial page. I hope this is within TOS if it isnt please please forgive me and feel free to delete this post !

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...!/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=108670845817810

I apologize in advance to anyone who might not like this theory: Is it possible that this poor young man was infatuated with MC, she just wanted to be friends or less, he took his life because of it and then some friends blamed MC for it? I don't want to involve them if that is ridiculous but I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member