WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sighn in with your user nsme here. Write"websleuths" where it says channel. Once you're on, you pick a nickname--anything-- see box at lower right of chat window. Open"channels" to pick "animal's house" where many sleuthers go.
Sorry for caps my key got stuck

It is nice if you choose a nickname the same or similar as your WS name so people recognize you, but not required.

As always, bookmark the link, because these posts about chat tend to get deleted for being off-topic.

To stay ON topic, I will ask a question I've been meaning to ask: I know some folks are relying on a RUMOR that the body was "bloated" as evidence that she was in water at least for a while... Anyone know the original source of that rumor?

The person who has the charge for 2/10 ew municipal, don't know the charge I was using this just to verify the name and spelling.

OK thanks. One more, what is ew. I want to find what the charge was. TIA

PT was charged with something on 2/8, not 2/10. Interesting that it is the day before 2/9. The record says no docket info available.

To stay ON topic, I will ask a question I've been meaning to ask: I know some folks are relying on a RUMOR that the body was "bloated" as evidence that she was in water at least for a while... Anyone know the original source of that rumor?

snipped

I believe it was pufnstuf, from puf's source, during some follow up info puf relayed to me and a few others. Sadly, I haven't seen that puf posted this follow up info on WS. {Correction: jarethamarie, I don't have the RUMOR of body appearing bloated saved from any of the conversations I've had with others... therefore I too am unsure where it came from. I really hope I didn't start it :( }

And I haven't personally used the body's appearance of possible bloating (RUMOR) to say the body had been in the water because any bloating would lean towards the opposite of body being in the water, (unless for multiple days), because the water is quite cold and would reduce the speed at which bloating occurs. This needed length of time can be explained simply enough by the body being "placed" into the water fairly soon after MC went missing, (likely Tuesday night, IMO).

The RUMOR that the clothes and body didn't show signs of blood and there was no blood around the body, (all just RUMOR), IMO, gives the strongest indication the body was in the water. Although just another RUMOR, 676's info that the body didn't show signs of being redressed, leans towards being in the water, IMO. The wounds would have left a lot of blood, so some type of explanation is necessary of the removal of the blood for the RUMOR to fit, (the cold water the body was found besides makes perfect sense as an explanation, IMO).

Regarding A.Rose's 'clearing': I am not sure if that's where MC's body was found. I expect there to be at least a few if not many rock divots in that sand. Although, it has been 30 days since MC's body was recovered and water action might have leveled it.

I am leaning to that not being the spot, based on if only 'feet' in the water is accurate and current visuals:
  • The cleared area seems relatively small compared to MC's height of 69". Her body would have to have been somewhat 'fetalized', making only 'feet' in the water less likely.
  • The 'clearing' is oblong and parallel to the water. If the cleared area is an outline of the body then, assuming by shape and position, the body also was most likely parallel to the water. This, too, making only 'feet' in the water less likely. We have rumor-info from '676' that MC's clothes were dry upon discovery.
  • No (rock) divots in the bare sand.

You make very good points. And thinking about the rock clearing after a full night of sleep, (not really FULL, but I digress), does leave room for doubt as to the location.

I wonder if pufnstuf's source can give us a description of the ground where body found, rocky shoreline vs. sandy location?

Does anyone know if LE took footprints or tire tread prints (LOL whatever) from CB?

Dont they do these by pouring some type of molding material in imprint? Wouldn't we have seen indication of that? Or am I missing something?

If the ground is like it has been described, there should be some prints....or dd he/se wear booties? Hhmmm.....

snipped

I believe it was pufnstuf, from puf's source, during some follow up info puf relayed to me and a few others. Sadly, I haven't seen that puf posted this follow up info on WS. {Correction: jarethamarie, I don't have the RUMOR of body appearing bloated saved from any of the conversations I've had with others... therefore I too am unsure where it came from. I really hope I didn't start it :( }

And I haven't personally used the body's appearance of possible bloating (RUMOR) to say the body had been in the water because any bloating would lean towards the opposite of body being in the water, (unless for multiple days), because the water is quite cold and would reduce the speed at which bloating occurs. This needed length of time can be explained simply enough by the body being "placed" into the water fairly soon after MC went missing, (likely Tuesday night, IMO).

The RUMOR that the clothes and body didn't show signs of blood and there was no blood around the body, (all just RUMOR), IMO, gives the strongest indication the body was in the water. Although just another RUMOR, 676's info that the body didn't show signs of being redressed, leans towards being in the water, IMO. The wounds would have left a lot of blood, so some type of explanation is necessary of the removal of the blood for the RUMOR to fit, (the cold water the body was found besides makes perfect sense as an explanation, IMO).

I wonder what was found in the garage at CB ... reports indicate it was 'evidence of homicide' ... ?

Someone I know many years ago killed themselves after committing other crimes. I know for a fact that their fingerprints were placed into the system. I imagine blood was also collected; however, this was before DNA. Does anyone know if police place evidence like DNA and finger prints of suicide victims into their system if there were no other crimes committed and connected to the suicide?

Just playing devil’s advocate, if someone who was connected to MC’s death had killed themselves and the police did not know they were connected, could this case remain unsolved forever?

Regarding where the body was found, I posted the following on the last thread just before we warped to this new thread. Just thought I'd post it again for consideration just in case it fell by the wayside. This is based on the following comment by jarethamarie at the bottom of one of her pictures, namely,

"My REALTOR was standing at the bottom of this slope (next to what I figure to be the location of the duck blind) and called me to the top. He said, "Can you come down here?" I took one step down, fell on my ba-donk-a-donk, and slid all the way down the slope. He said, "I just did the same thing. I think THAT'S how you get feet in the water..."

Given the steepness of the bank and slipperiness of the long grass on the bank, it does seem plausible that whomever was trying to dispose of the body slipped and lost control of the body. The body then could have slid down the bank feet first to come to rest at the bottom of the bank and partially on the beach with feet in water, possibly stream water. Or, the body slid far enough so that when water level came up the feet were in the water of the river. Meanwhile, in this scenario, the body and clothes would remain dry, as has been rumored. All just SPECULATION of course.

Also, if there is anything to the RUMOR that the arms were above her head, then the body sliding down a steep embankment would seem to contribute to arms being in that position.

All this might cause a commotion, the noise of which might have been covered up to some degree by the noisy stream. The video brought out how noisy the stream can be.

This underscores for me the thought that that particular spot was chosen and not random. Thick brush, noisy stream, just the kind of cover someone might want to conceal such an act. What he/she/they might not have counted on was how apparently easy it is to slip on the steep and slippery bank, especially when carrying a body.

This is all SPECULATION of course based on the pictures and videos.

All JMHO of course.

Someone I know many years ago killed themselves after committing other crimes. I know for a fact that their fingerprints were placed into the system. I imagine blood was also collected; however, this was before DNA. Does anyone know if police place evidence like DNA and finger prints of suicide victims into their system if there were no other crimes committed and connected to the suicide?

Just playing devil’s advocate, if someone who was connected to MC’s death had killed themselves and the police did not know they were connected, could this case remain unsolved forever?

Ugh. Wouldn't that be awful? I would hate for this case to go unsolved under any circumstance!

I met someone that was one of Mackenzie’s teachers years ago. She told me that MC was being picked on by a group of boys. She would not tell me what was said but they did say it had something to do with her under-bite. It sounded like this group of boys harassed her for an extended period of time. This teacher said they wrote a letter to the principle about the issue. She did not know how the situation was resolved. I was given the impression that MC was a little nerdy and a very good student. This was a couple of years ago; she had no current knowledge of MC school situation.

good question. James

If I am not mistaken there have been a couple of suicides in Central Washington since MC’s death.

I would hope that LE would investigate the suicide completely and that would include logging DNA and finger prints into their system.

I certainly hope not; but the investigation could go on for a long time I guess. I like to think that LE has a very good idea of who did this, and are just waiting on some forensics to seal the deal. IMHH

ETA - Yes, it is a good question though.

Bio; unexpected pregnancy after failed RC vasectomy - born 4/1/1992. Three years after CC; six after TC. WC didn't want a female child. IMO:sick:
Do you think that is why Mac and WC were not that close

I can't find an address for PT. Does he happen to live with someone with inititals DT on Squilchuck Rd?

I would hope that LE would investigate the suicide completely and that would include logging DNA and finger prints into their system.

Not a lawyer, but I don't think the police can log DNA/fingerprints just because someone committed suicide. It's not a crime.

I can't find an address for PT. Does he happen to live with someone with inititals DT on Squilchuck Rd?

From his fb friends it looks like he went to Eastmont HS which would be East Wenatchee or Orondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305