WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the police know a murder took place in the CB or Spec house, I believe that the realtor has to disclose this information to people who are interested in the house?

Not in Washington state, unfortunately. Ca is one of the only states with laws of this sort.

Of course, a person doesn't have to be supported by a RCW to sue, so it would be in the best interest of a seller and/or realtor to disclose such info.

Wow, lots of us here. That's great!:dance: Now let's put our heads together and see what we come up with. OH and thanks to rose for all the great pictures. Give those of us that aren't there that REAL feeling. TY

What do you think that table is made of? This is the spec house, right?

O/T - I agree - it does look very nice. And the bedrooms look huge!

Salem

I just personally don't see where the spec house fits into this... that table is a stone top table from the looks of it as is much of the rest of the counter tops.... that or hardwood.

However according to the rumored documents there was an "unk # of glass chards from kitchen counter @ home LOI - recovery" found in her car.

and there is a glass table in the picture of the back deck of the cb house.

can autumn confirm if this table is still there or not?

MOO

I wish I had realized how easy this is, earlier today. I am so glad you mentioned attachments in your post.

I was just getting to it, via taking screenshots, LOL. You just saved me a ton of time.

One thing, I would not put the one regarding the phone # up unless it is redacted.

I have a text version of that document I can post if you want. (Thank you anonymous helper!)

Here is the plain text version with phone # redacted:

"Probable Cause

On 9 February 2010 seventeen-year old MacKenzie Cowell left the Academy of Hair Salon in the 200 block of S. Wenatchee Avenue in Wenatchee. She drove away, alone, in her car. During the next few minutes Cowell made some six phone calls to telephone number 509.REDACTED. She did not connect with anyone on any of these attempts and did not leave any messages according to the family that has this phone number. Cowell called nobody else but did briefly text her boyfriend. There were no calls made after 1542 hours. Her cell phone powered off by 1742 hours.

Later in the evening of 9 February 2010, Cowell’s vehicle was discovered, abandoned, on Pitcher Canyon Road, which is a rural part of Chelan County south of Wenatchee. On Saturday afternoon, 13 February 2010, Cowell’s body was discovered on the banks of the Columbia River near Crescent Bar. The Coroner has ruled her death a homicide.

Investigators, to include Wenatchee Detective Sergeant John Kruse, spoke with family members associated with the telephone number 509.REDACTED. There does not appear to be any obvious connection between this family and Cowell. The family also says they do not know or associate with MacKenzie Cowell.

If this is true, it is possible that Cowell misdialed a number. Det. Sgt. Kruse called REDACTED and discovered the answering machine had a generic message programmed on it, meaning Cowell would not know she had misdialed the number. Det. Sgt. Kruse researched a number of possible phone numbers that are close to this number. He was unable to find any active phone numbers that could match except for one.

The one number that could match is 509.REDACTED. Calling it the first time, Det. Sgt. Kruse heard the phone ring multiple times. There was no voice mail option. Calling it a second time, Det. Sgt. Kruse received a message that the Verizon customer was not available. Again, there was no voice mail option. Checking public records via the internet 509.REDACTED is an unpublished number.

On 17 February 2010 I was assigned to determine ownership of the number. Online, I was able to identify that the number was issued by Cellco Partnership, dba Verizon Wireless. I checked with the Number Portability Administration and confirmed that this number was actively serviced by Verizon Wireless.

Subscriber information is needed for this number to determine if the person associated with it has any connection with MacKenzie Cowell or her disappearance.

Conclusions: Upon execution of this search warrant, I expect to find out who the owner of the cell phone was at the time of the murder. I also expect to obtain information as to whom the owner may have called, received calls from, text messaged or received text messages from.

SIGNED BY J. Small, on February 17, 2010 @ 1:37 p.m."

Thank You for your helpful advice and informaton. You always set an example of pleasant ways to deal with issues. Some docs are attached I will attach the rest , shortly.

The last document is in thumbnail size... can't read it.

I just watched the one video that shows the deck of the CB house in Autumn's flickr account and I see chairs but no table. Where is she when we need her!?

Is it possible the glass shards are from the house Location Of Interest - Recovery...

that particular document is dated Feb 17th after her body was found.

IMOO

I wish I had realized how easy this is, earlier today. I am so glad you mentioned attachments in your post.

The first document is in thumbnail size... can't read it. :(

I think that "LOI - Recovery" would be the CB home where MC's body was recovered.

You are right, theissue...

There WAS a glass table on the back deck at CB!

I just watched the one video that shows the deck of the CB house in Autumn's flickr account and I see chairs but no table. Where is she when we need her!?

Is it possible the glass shards are from the house Location Of Interest - Recovery...

that particular document is dated Feb 17th after her body was found.

IMOO

If the glass was found in her car, and the glass comes from table at CB, then her car would have had to be there, and then somehow she was (or her clothes or something from her) put in her car only to be dumped at CB? Well, I thought I had something until I started rambling, then it just doesn't make sense...... For her car to go from Wenatchee, to CB... her being killed, her or some major articles of her (clothing, hair, something that can catch glass) put in the car and then somehow she put back in CB? Maybe (altho this seems far fetched, but if it was an accident and they panicked I guess it could have happened this way): they put her back in car and then realized that they needed to dump her body and chose the remote area OF CB... maybe after realizing PC was secluded enough or something? MOO

I really think this was a confrontation gone bad. She met up with someone to talk (or yell or fight), and perhaps she was pushed or punched and strangled, and somehow was pushed into or fell onto glass... perhaps killer thought they had just gone too far, and had to "finish" the job. I don't think they meant to... but, doesn't make it any better.

The glass could have been tracked into the car by the perp. IMO glass in the car doesn't mean MC was in the car post-glass breakage.

I found something interesting on the above link too. If you scroll down where there is desciptions of the calls..the one I am talking aobut "#10C01163" it says something about a woman coming home and finding that someone had removed boards to her basement (outside access) . This is paraphrased, but I found it interesting...:waitasec:

This was on Feb. 8th and was in Entiat.

Puff, The first five docs (back on page 16) are in pdf format. They need to have Adobe Reader(installed on your computer. It is a free download.) to open properly. They are large and clear that way.
Buzz

So, any thoughts on LOI recovery? Location of initial recovery maybe? Wouldn't that be the CB house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288