WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I'm not sure that LE lied and instead just didn't say everything. "She was wearing the same clothes that she was last seen wearing when she was alive on Feb. 9." Last seen wearing, by whom? Are we assuming the same clothes last seen by academy personnel, by the video tape, by someone else? Last seen by the perp(s) might be different, who knows?

ETA - JMHO

Just a thought, Did she change clothes in the bathroom at the boat launch? I believe it was stated there are cameras there. Maybe she was attatcked in the bathroom. What are the counters there made of?

Just a thought, Did she change clothes in the bathroom at the boat launch? I believe it was stated there are cameras there. Maybe she was attatcked in the bathroom. What are the counters there made of?

Wow. Her clothes from parking lot video were in the car??? That doesn't match RC text when he ID body. Dance team was notified when her body was found. He said she still had her work apron on. Then again, maybe he was told what to say??

Glad to see new info on here. Keep sleuthing!

IIRC all the sinks in the bathrooms along the river are stainless steel or formica counters with porcelain basins, the toilets are porcelain... walls and floors are tiny tiles. the mirrors are all brushed steel... hope this helps.

Regarding the phone records requested for the 12th:

Sleuth that number and you will find a minor girl attached to it.

Check sheriff's call logs for the 12th and you will see a 16yo girl was threatened and harassed by phone on the 12th.

A reverse address search will give you a family name that matches the minor girl's name.

I do not believe this document is related to MC; just a girl who was getting harassed on her cell phone.

I went down that road and sleuthed just about everyone associated with the minor. There are common associations with MC, but you'd expect that in a town the size of Wenatchee.

Wow. Her clothes from parking lot video were in the car??? That doesn't match RC text when he ID body. Dance team was notified when her body was found. He said she still had her work apron on. Then again, maybe he was told what to say??

I am not aware that there is an actual parking lot video of MC, but it has been speculated that maybe there is if there are cameras in that area. But to my knowledge it is just speculation so far.

The text by RC when he ID'd the body is new info to me. Is this rumor, or did you actually see the text? Very interesting if he said that MC was still wearing her work apron.

JMHO

Sillyputty, do you have a linkable source for RC's statements about the body? Or is that rumor at this point? I'd like to read them!

First, RC does not text. FACT. SF or somebody on his behalf might, but not RC. I doubt that he would text the dance team upon the ID of MC's body AND is there a source for this new information?

Phone Number Sleuthing, Speculation and MOO follow:

Sleuthing possible phone numbers MC might have been attempting to dial:

One ph# belongs to a couple who live in E. Wenatchee. The couple filed for bankruptcy in Oct, 2009, so there is a potential money angle. How might it relate to MC? I have no clue, not related IMO.

Another ph# belongs to a 'lock and security' business, a full service security company, that specializes in locks, safes, security alarms, pin and biometric secured access, surveillance camera systems, etc. Was MC researching security? I have no clue, not related IMO.

I like this one ....

Yet another ph# matches a pattern of 'mis-feel' finger placement on the keypad but not how I would expect. Still, the double, 'double-digit' (yes, double, 'double-digit') pattern of the numbers leads us here:

Pacific Sunwear (oddly listed as 'Pacific Sun Were'). It also leads us to a specific employee of that store, who also is identified as the manager of the JetPro Car Wash.

Odd. The ph# has two hits: the store, the store name is misspelled, and an employee of the store who happens to be the manager of the car wash. The significance of the misspelling: was it registered as such on purpose? If so, why? Most likely 'human error'.

Since JetPro car wash receipt(s) appears on an evidence affidavit I hope we are permitted to sleuth the car wash to a degree. Might this also include the manager?

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...don+Hughes+wenatchee&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.jetproautowash.com/system.asp

Mods, I hope this is within bounds .. if not, please delete it.

Attachments

• PacificSunwear_01.png
    PacificSunwear_01.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 95
This makes me wonder as near the beginning. I thought it was stated that MC didn't go to the carwash, or sorry wasn't known for going to them, does anyone know the name of the attendant who assisted MC with paying for the car wash????

I'm going to look for it, I wish MC had her own thread it would be so much easier for locating information

I found something interesting on the above link too. If you scroll down where there is desciptions of the calls..the one I am talking aobut "#10C01163" it says something about a woman coming home and finding that someone had removed boards to her basement (outside access) . This is paraphrased, but I found it interesting...:waitasec:

This is my fault falcon, I linked to the wrong report date :blushing: Sorry!! It was the report dated Feb 9, but it has all the reports from Feb 8th. :crazy:

Here's the link to the Feb 10th report, citing all the calls from Feb 9th!

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/1435/2/

FEB 9th REPORT TIDBITS

"Rowe's Towing" is quite a ways away from all the other locales in this case, so I doubted it was relevant, but a couple of things kept niggling at me- 6 juveniles, truck running in the mud (like the tracks found at CB), a motorcycle, and then when someone mentioned a 'shack'...

Also reported on this date was the 911 hangup phone call...
10C01200 911 HANGUP CALL 23:14:08 02/09/10 MCLEOD MIKE ACT

RIVERCOM,

FEMALE CRYING CALLTAKER CANT UNDERSTAND HER
23:14:28 02/09/2010 - HENEGHEN, SCOTT
CALLER HUNG UP ON CALL TAKER

OK-Here's how reports from Feb 9th fit into what we know:

3:01 Mac walks to car

3:40 At boat ramp

5:14 Juveniles at Rowe's Towing

5:42 Last phone ping from???? (I suppose if LE knows, then it might rule out her being at Rowe's Towing-- if she had her phone at that point...

8:02 Report of Mac's car found

11:14 911 hangup call

Please forgive me if it's already been established that these are unrelated... there's been so much good sleuthing on this case, I've had a hard time keeping up!!

This makes me wonder as near the beginning. I thought it was stated that MC didn't go to the carwash, or sorry wasn't known for going to them, does anyone know the name of the attendant who assisted MC with paying for the car wash????

I'm going to look for it, I wish MC had her own thread it would be so much easier for locating information

A JetPro car wash receipt was found in MC's car ... fact. It is listed on a search warrant items list. What we do not know is the date on that particular receipt.

Someone posted there were 3 car wash receipts .. I do not recall who is the poster but they are mistaken. The receipt line is listed as item #3, not as quantity 3.

A JetPro car wash receipt was found in MC's car ... fact. It is listed on a search warrant items list. What we do not know is the date on that particular receipt.

Someone posted there were 3 car wash receipts .. I do not recall who is the poster but they are mistaken. The receipt line is listed as item #3, not as quantity 3.

You are correct. However; "jet pro car wash receipts" is plural. More than one.

I appreciate your response but it really didn't answer my question....thanks tho

I appreciate your response but it really didn't answer my question....thanks tho

Yes, someone posted that MC was not one to frequent car washes.

The attendant rumored to having had assisted MC with the car wash coin/card console was not named in any post that I've seen. I expect though, that the gentleman might have been the owner since the attendant was described as being an 'older gentleman' and the owner is older. In fact, he takes great pride in his establishment.

I hope that helps!

Yes, someone posted that MC was not one to frequent car washes.

The attendant rumored to having had assisted MC with the car wash coin/card console was not named in any post that I've seen. I expect though, that the gentleman might have been the owner since the attendant was described as being an 'older gentleman' and the owner is older. In fact, he takes great pride in his establishment.

I hope that helps!

thank you so much, the research i have done indicates that the "manager" as well is a bit older, he has been the manager since at least 06/07....not sure if this means much or not, found one picture but cannot make it bigger

that is a good question and the one in the fridge on the deck - it is empty

Hi Pachina, Just curious what picture you saw that showed an empty bottle in the fridge on the deck, I am assuming at the CB house? I haven't seen that one yet, so if you could link to the picture, that would be great. Thanks!

thank you so much, the research i have done indicates that the "manager" as well is a bit older, he has been the manager since at least 06....not sure if this means much or not, found one picture but cannot make it bigger

.. and that same "manager" also is identified through phone records as being an employee of the local Pac Sun store.

Might we expect he and MC had crossed paths at one time or another at Pac Sun, and now possibly at the car wash? If so, we might expect the "manager" to at least be somewhat visually familiar with MC but then again, how many of us could remember one teen of the very many that probably visit that Pac Sun store?

MC attempting (at least the attempts were from her phone; by whom, who really knows at this point) to dial the same ph# six times simply wreaks of 'urgency'.

If it indeed was the "manager" MC was attempting to contact (THIS IS MY SPECULATION), was it that she was being forced to drive to a/the car wash and MC was hoping he was there to help her in some way, i.e.: she was afraid to call police with a perp sitting next to her?

Something else comes to mind: since LE knew MC's car was driven through the car wash because of the receipt(s) found in her vehicle, they might have floated the 'story' that the attendant claimed to have witnessed MC there with a 'male' passenger. That might have been an LE attempt to freak the perp, wondering if he indeed had been identified in some way.

At this point, we might fathom that LE does not know what occurred at the car wash. Also, the receipt(s) might be dated for earlier than 02/09/2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie