WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, having been out there to see it for myself I believe there are many places in which MC could have been propped up or appeard to have been propped up, just outside of the duck blind....,also and a few feet away from there is a old telephone pole where her feet could have been eaisly in the stream, this is just below where the tree is with the evidence ribbon and blood that is in that tree (I believe). Jarethamarie fell on her kiester there also and if she were let go of at that spot it could appear that she were propped up as there is a log at the bottom of that steep little hill on the way down..... also about 20 feet away just below the house there is a small embankment where she could have been propped up as well. It is somewhat confusing when you are there because of so many places where there are evidence markers and crime scene tape and the beach front is pretty expansive also depending on water levels at the time etc..
I also heard this very very early on like 2 days after by someone I trust to tell the truth so.....

Thanks Lbpom, That is one reason we love our locals, being able to give us a visual like that. xox

The JVW I know does not have kids, I don't believe. I cannot say that is 100% but I see him from time to time and have never heard a mention about children. I do not know if he goes by Big John. I'm just trying to figure out a link to JVW.

You know the guy in the story by Washington Irving who slept for a really long time?

Was anyone here the first time this rumor was posted? In thread 1?

Could "Big John" be another J name? Maybe one of these: Big Jake, Big Jack, Big Jay, Big Jeff, or Big Joe?
:):waitasec:

It'd possible... I'm pretty sure this person told me its a guy named big john though... but i can't remember for sure. Theres also been a rumor that she was affiliated with some gangs over in Tacoma... which would go back to her myspace "kenzilovesthegangsters" maybe it did have meaning...

Thanks I missed the earlier.
Also, Where Chevygirl refers to a guy as "big John", the JVW guy is 6'3" per his myspace profile.

The JVW, who someone referred to early on in the case, lists his height as 6'5".

Interestinly enough, as someone else mentioned up-thread - his newly acquired friend, "AH", does somewhat resemble Mackenzie; is 5'9" and has a slim build. But older - age listed as 26.

Are you guys talking about the "poet" who wrote bizarre poems and went back and changed the words every so often? This was way back in the beginning.

Are you guys talking about the "poet" who wrote bizarre poems and went back and changed the words every so often? This was way back in the beginning.
I am pretty sure that isn't who they are talking about. His initials are JO and turned 18 on April 16th if what I am reading on his FB page is correct.

This guy (JVW) is not someone I have heard anything about. Could someone fill me in?
Thanks!

You know the guy in the story by Washington Irving who slept for a really long time?

That "is" the name of her ex boyfriend. (disturbing)I would never think that about him. I didn't know that was who wrote the weird poetry. Wow, sorry if I brought up already covered topics. She told me that a couple of weeks ago and thought maybe there is something in that rumor or maybe she was just getting even with him. :sick:

2shy, sorry for what? There's a lot of players to keep track of here. Don't worry.

JVW was first mentioned in the first thread, and the surviving posts start on page 18, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4823264&highlight=JVW#post4823264. Scroll down to the bottom of the linked page where surviving posts can be found.

Posts in the 1st thread reveal that already at that early time posters were confused about about why JVW came up.

JO was mentioned in the first thread as well, primarily because of what some perceived to be creepy poetry. At the time he was a minor, regardless of what a person states on myspace or other social network pages, so he was not allowed to be discussed.

In both cases, IIRC both JVW and JO were eventually not considered to have any significant connection to the MC case. Any alleged connection was due to unsubstantiated rumors only.

I am going by my memory of the discussions in the 1st thread and after doing some searching to refresh my memory, so the above is to the best of my recollection and via research. I hope this helps to shed some light on the situation. :)

ajfa, good job with the synopsis, sounds right on to me.

Apple Blossom Festival has started in the Wenatchee Valley. MC would have been involved in the parades and other festivities. Lots of pink everywhere (one of MC's fav colors) due to all the blossoms. I would like to think she is watching over all of us and enjoying this time with us.

The 884 number Mackenzie called 6 times also just happens to belong to a family whose 20-something year old son also works at the SAME retail store as Mackenzie's boyfriend. To an idiot this might not be an OBVIOUS connection, but it definitely is a connection.

That, from an entry in the WW article Comments section.

Could it be that MC saw the # on JV's cell or as written on something JV had in his possion, and MC simply was checking to determine if it was a girl's #?

There were Target receipts found in MC's car ... was anything written on the receipts? Did the owner of the # (rumored to work at the same store as does JV) wait on MC and perhaps give her his home #?

I dismiss the idea since it is the house phone # and I expect a working, 20+ yr old to have a cell phone these days. Even still, it is possible he provided the family home #.

That, from an entry in the WW article Comments section.

Could it be that MC saw the # on JV's cell or as written on something JV had in his possion, and MC simply was checking to determine if it was a girl's #?

There were Target receipts found in MC's car ... was anything written on the receipts? Did the owner of the # (rumored to work at the same store as does JV) wait on MC and perhaps give her his home #?

I dismiss the idea since it is the house phone # and I expect a working, 20+ yr old to have a cell phone these days. Even still, it is possible he provided the family home #.
I remember in a past thread this topic coming up. And it was stated that the 884 # she called didn't have any connection. But when they imposed the 4 with a 1 (881 -####) that it was a coworker of JV. As far as I know only Verizon Cell #'s have 881 #'s.

I think this topic came up in chat. (which I do not attend) I find is sort of odd that it was brought up here before WW picked up the info. Wonder if WW gets leads from this thread or in chat room.

In the affidavit, Drolet wrote that perhaps Cowell had misdialed the phone number, which had an “884” prefix. So investigators checked several numbers that were close. They found only one close number — a cell number with an “881” prefix.

If you attempt to dial while driving on a busy street you have to watch the road and dial by 'feel'. Many people look directly at their phone while driving and that is insane. We do not know how MC would perform this, by 'feel' or by 'look'. Since LE is unable to explain why MC dialed that number we then may speculate MC was a 'dial-by-feel' driver.

Let's analyze a phone keypad, note the placement of the '1' and '2' keys:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
* 0 #

Intent to dial-by-feel: 1122
could be misdialed as: 2233
or could be misdialed as: 4455
or could be misdialed as: 1212 (result of dyslexic confusion)
or could be misdialed as: 2323 (result of dyslexic confusion)
or could be misdialed as: 4545 (result of dyslexic confusion)
or could be misdialed as: 5656 (result of dyslexic confusion)

This applies to other key sequences, as well:

Intent to dial-by-feel: 2233
could be misdialed as: 1122
or could be misdialed as: 4455
or could be misdialed as: 5566
or could be misdialed as: 1212 (result of dyslexic confusion)
or could be misdialed as: 2323 (result of dyslexic confusion)
or could be misdialed as: 4545 (result of dyslexic confusion)
or could be misdialed as: 5656 (result of dyslexic confusion)

Dialing a number in haste while driving may lead to unintentional shifting of the intended key sequence, as demonstrated above.

That LE claims to having had 'found only one close number' is ludicrous.

That makes sense! That would explain the mystery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member