IF Ronald Cumming Is Involved in Harming Haleigh What is His Motive? *LIST*

I don't see a motive to harm his own child. However, parents do harm their own children to get even with an X. I don't see it in this case. Any harm that came Haleigh's way inre to Ron was purely his own ego.

No motive...if Ron, then it was an accidental death.

Why would she cover for Ron (after only 4 months) when she is so willing to drop her own fam under the bus, time and time again?

That's what bugs me the most.

She wouldn't and neither would they.

No motive, in cya mode because the "accident" was something that leaves him as criminally negligent at a minimum and responsible for her death as a result of his own felony drug dealing which could be a murder charge.

I don't think he had a motive for harming Haleigh. I beleive that part was an accident, I think he or Misty gave Haleigh something to make her sleep and she died. I think he had motive for wanting it covered up and I think those reasons are the illegal drugs and him losing custody of Junior.

So I don't think he intentionally meant to hurt Haleigh just wanted her to not be a problem for Misty who was recovering from a wild weekend and who didn't want to babysit so he could go to work, and when she did die he had motive to cover it up as well as the rest of them.... I hope this makes since.

Why would she cover for Ron (after only 4 months) when she is so willing to drop her own fam under the bus, time and time again?

That's what bugs me the most.
Because she knew that she was equally responsible for the drugs and that she would go to jail to for accessory, and the drugs. He probably also threatened her. MOO

Motivationaly speaking, I can see Ron being so P'd off after Misty's bender weekend that he told his mom not to baby sit for Misty. I can see Misty asking TN and offering her money to watch Ron's kids because she was coming off a bender. I can SEE the conflict. I can even see GGMS comiing over to briing the kids laundry and check on Misty. I can't see Misty not picking up the phone when Ron called if they were in it together. I don't see Ron's motivation to kill his daughter. If Ron were to kill anyone that day, it would have been Misty in my humble opinion. I don't see the motivation on Ron's part. Especially since LE isn't leaking stuff about him failing a LDT or when he was or wasn't at work.

If Ronald: No motive (not premeditated)
Three Possibilities: (1) Lost temper/fit of rage (2) Over-medicated/adverse reaction causing HaLeigh's death using a drug to sedate her or instructing Misty to administer a drug to HaLeigh in order to sedate her (3) HaLeigh was caught in the crossfire of an altercation between Ronald and Misty.

If Misty: Possible motive (but not neccesarily premeditated)
Motive: Jealousy over Ronald's relationship with and attention to HaLeigh exacerbated by Misty's desire, and Ronald's refusal, to get pregnant/have a child.
Two Other Possibilities: (1) Lost temper/fit of rage (2) Over-medicated/adverse reaction causing HaLeigh's death using a drug to sedate her (with or without Ronald's knowledge).

JMHO ~

Motive is generally overrated, in that even when people have motives, they are often bizarre or inexplicable to others. I would think of "motive" as the difference between a premeditated and unpremeditated act.
In this case, it would likely be an accident and therefore unpremeditated. However, I do not think that RC is involved in Haleigh's disappearance or death.

Pittsburghgirl, I understand your post, but I can't count Ron as blameless. He is the one who put Haleigh with this drug addict to watch over her. Ron will bear the responsibility of that his whole life. And if you feel he was not involved, could you please tell me about his personal actions after the fact? His marriage to Misty, his call to Misty warning her that Donna was trying to get information. I would like to know how we can balance the information we have learned about Ron. It just doesn't make sense that he is not involved in some way.jmo

Motive #1: Neglect- maybe he wasn't supervising his pills, his guns, his child bride, his child

Motive #2: Stupidity- maybe he did something stupid/ or by accident and his child ended up dead

I guess these don't think these really qualify as "motives" and are more like If Ron is involved, how did it come about?

NO motive..... Just out of control reckless behavior on his part due to his desperate need to be in total control and control others...JMO

This is exactly what I suspect too. I don't think there's a motive, and Haleigh's death is a result of carelessness or an out-of-control temper.

I think Ron may have either given Haleigh something to make her sleep and gave her too much, or Haleigh got into his stash of drugs, overdosed and died. They couldn't call 911 for emergency help as doctors would find the drugs in Haleigh and ask questions as to where she got them.

The other possibility is that Ron's temper got out of control and he hit her or did something with much more force than he intended and she died as a result.

I've always felt that the kidnapping scenario was staged as a cover up for what happened.

Pittsburghgirl, I understand your post, but I can't count Ron as blameless. He is the one who put Haleigh with this drug addict to watch over her. Ron will bear the responsibility of that his whole life. And if you feel he was not involved, could you please tell me about his personal actions after the fact? His marriage to Misty, his call to Misty warning her that Donna was trying to get information. I would like to know how we can balance the information we have learned about Ron. It just doesn't make sense that he is not involved in some way.jmo
& not only will he 'bear the responsibility', but even if not the actual murder, he will probably have a lot of charges added to his drug trafficking-statuatory rape, child endangerment, hindering an investigation, just to name a few. So Ronald's 'motive' may have been nothing more than putting himself & his wants before the welfare of his children. & to me, that's no better than physically harming his kids-because HE most definantly put them in harm's way.

My first post so please go easy on me lol. If RC was directly involved then I believe there was no motive because more than likely it was an accident. However, I really believe he was indirectly involved. He should have never left his children with a 17 year old girl that had been up for 3 days doing drugs. For this, he should be held accountable. Only my opinion.

Welcome Bittysmomma!

I agree with everyone who can't see Ronald doing something premeditated to harm Haleigh. It is easier to conceive of a fatal accident resulting from negligence or a sudden outburst of anger, children being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Hence the overdose theory, the gun related fatality theory, the discipline gone bad theory, Misty and Ronald fighting theory. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard something like that had happened. The only problem is, if it was an accident I don't understand why Misty spins tales of murder after all this time. Why not just confess the accident? The consequences of hiding an accident can't be worse than the consequences of murder.

It is always one of the most difficult things to understand, IMO, why would any parent want to hurt their children deliberately. Some do though and I will never understand why...

Having read the news coverage on these cases on websleuths it seems to me that the motivation is quite commonly pure sadism or some sort of crazy and evil sickness that makes longstanding torturers and abusers out of parents and stepparents. Drugs or psychotic episodes may be involved. It's possible I guess and it would be a good reason to hide the remains but looking at her photos I don't see a long-tortured, scared child, I see a happy one. I think psychosis is most probably out of the question as a reason because the crime is still unsolved after more than a year has gone by, and LE would have noticed something was wrong.

Sometimes the motive is to get rid of a tough-to-care-for special needs child but I have no reason to suspect that Haleigh was as difficult as to make her a likely victim.

Hurting your ex via the children is pretty common too but it seems to me that this wasn't the usual setting. The separation was a long ago, there have been new girlfriends since then and he had got the custody and "won". It seems to me that it's more likely in fresh sores custody situations when the parent feels like he's losing.

Sometimes parents do it because there is a new love interest and the children get in the way but it does not appear to have been RC's problem because Misty had been willing enough to be a 24/7 babysitter. She did allegedly say that she was tired of babysitting, there is speculation of possible jealousy, and RC and Misty were fighting before Haleigh disappeared and got married soon thereafter... but somehow I still can't buy this. Dunno, maybe I just don't appreciate her many attractive features enough to see how having her could be worth harming your own child.

There does not appear to be anything to gain financially. Briefly some donations maybe but there would have been a different attitude to media if it had been a donations driven crime, IMO.

If Misty told a half truth about the molestation only the perp was different it might have been a motive to kill her to prevent her telling anyone or seeing the telltale marks on her. But I don't know if she'd looked as happy to marry him a month later in that case. I know I wouldn't have.

Dunno... the problem is, I don't really think that any motive is good enough to hurt your children deliberately so I tend to dismiss them all and say, no they wouldn't do that, but according to the evidence I clearly must be wrong on occasion.

Sometimes people kill without motive. Motive isn't necessary. I think the loss of this child was from pure negligence and abuse in some form. I don't believe people on drugs need a motive to kill someone, it could be spontaneous, carelessness, she got between R & M during a terrible fight, or whatever, but I don't see a motive. He could have hit her too hard, beaten her to death, any number of scenarios. With his volatile personality, doesn't need a motive, he has a uncontrollable temper. In Florida, that could get him the death penalty:

The victim of the capital felony was a person less than 12 years of age

The victim of the capital felony was particularly vulnerable due to disability, or because the defendant stood in a position of familial or custodial authority over the victim

Both of these factors apply in the Anthony case, too.

I am very interested in posters opinions that believe that Ronald Cummings is guilty of harming Haleigh.

For those that believe that he had something to do with the death of his daughter, I would very much like to know your thoughts and opinions on what motive he would have to harm Haleigh and throw her little body in the river.

I thought we could discuss it here where the various motives could appear in one thread.

Thank you and I hope all of you give your motive opinions here.

I'm just throwing theories out there, so don't flame me, 'k?

If RC were involved in the death of Haleigh, I don't believe her death was the result of an intentional attack. I believe Haleigh's death was accidental through either rage, or accidental OD. Covering up the death WAS intentional on RC's part.
His motive for covering up her death? Well, I believe RC to be rather pragmatic. Haleigh was dead, he couldn't bring her back, he couldn't really blame anyone else (really), it was an accident, so why should he go to jail for an accident? He took matters into his own hands and plotted to have her remains 'disposed of' so he could be free to continue his own life.
If somebody 'took' her, he would still be owed child support until her body was found, or she was declared dead. There are a lot of sex offenders in the area. They're bad people who should really be locked up, so if one of them has to go to jail for him, all the better. It isn't like sending somebody innocent to jail. Eventually the case would go cold and he could continue on with his life. Maybe after a while he could figure out a way to get the reward money too.

Somehow I doubt the thinking was really that involved, but I really feel like "taking care of business" himself after the 'accident' really fits with his personality. If he was invloved, he sure doesn't feel like he did anything wrong.

I'm just throwing theories out there, so don't flame me, 'k?

If RC were involved in the death of Haleigh, I don't believe her death was the result of an intentional attack. I believe Haleigh's death was accidental through either rage, or accidental OD. Covering up the death WAS intentional on RC's part.
His motive for covering up her death? Well, I believe RC to be rather pragmatic. Haleigh was dead, he couldn't bring her back, he couldn't really blame anyone else (really), it was an accident, so why should he go to jail for an accident? He took matters into his own hands and plotted to have her remains 'disposed of' so he could be free to continue his own life.
If somebody 'took' her, he would still be owed child support until her body was found, or she was declared dead. There are a lot of sex offenders in the area. They're bad people who should really be locked up, so if one of them has to go to jail for him, all the better. It isn't like sending somebody innocent to jail. Eventually the case would go cold and he could continue on with his life. Maybe after a while he could figure out a way to get the reward money too.

Somehow I doubt the thinking was really that involved, but I really feel like "taking care of business" himself after the 'accident' really fits with his personality. If he was invloved, he sure doesn't feel like he did anything wrong.

Well said, and I think you have summed it up for many here. No motive for Ron to kill his child, that is not the word I would use. I feel he knows she is gone for several reasons, one; he can say the words about her being in the river or talk about what Joe said about the gators. A parent that loses a child and never sees the child leave, never sees a body, never believes she is really dead or gone. That is how the mind works, it refuses to believe what it hasn't seen when it comes to death of a loved one, let alone a child. If he is guilty of anything, it is bad judgment on his part. If he knows for sure she is dead, then he needs to let others know so they can come to terms with her death and grieve.

During some fight with Misty over who knows what.......
3 day binge?
not wanting to babysit?
dirty clothes?
I really think little Haleigh was in the middle and got severely hurt.
No one paid attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back