2010.04.24 The Laundry Revisited and GGM Sykes Visit.

As I see it she can't very well go back and negate what she claimed 14 months ago as long as the family is still covering for Ron C and isn't telling what really happened..

In reference to her bringing over clean clothes that night, maybe she did, maybe she didn't, but I believe her story about seeing Haleigh between 7 and 8 that night was to provide an alibi for Ron C...since they knew he had arrived at work by that time....JMO
my point was maybe GGS lied completely about going oner there. I can see that. But, if she DID go over there & didn't see Haleigh, I'm not so sure she'd lie. That seems like a much bigger lie. I'm not trying to stray off topic, but felt like I needed to clarify an earlier comment.

Thanks Madjgnlaw for posting this. I'll bring it here because a part of it it pertains to Grandma Sykes's visit.

Haleigh Cummings: Haleigh’s Great-Grandma Fights Back!

April 26, 2010 Posted by: Marlaina Schiavo
"Snip" http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010...a-fights-back/

Annette Sykes, has had enough of Misty Croslin’s grandmother’s tales. She doesn’t really care what Flora Hollars has to say about her own grandchildren. But she does not want Flora talking about her grandson, Ron Cummings.

Flora Hollars has told the media five different theories about what happened to Haleigh and finally, she implicated the girl’s own father, Ronald Cummings. She claims that Ronald knows more than he is saying and she thinks he was involved to some extent.
Hollars also claimed that Misty Croslin was still coming down off of drugs when Ronald Cummings left his children with her and went to work. Annette Sykes said that is completely false and that she was at the house that night and Croslin was not high. She went on to say that Misty even made the kids dinner. Sykes says Ronald would have never left his children with Misty if he thought she was “strung out.”

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tommy admit that he and Misty smoked pot together before Grandma's visit? If true she must have been somewhat under the influence whatever Grandma says. Is it just that Misty is always under the influence so she couldn't tell the difference? Was her visit so brief she couldn't have told one way or another? Could she be partly covering her own back while insisting Misty was sober because it wouldn't look good for her to have left the children with a teen who was high and not informed anybody? I mean, Ronald was at work, and he couldn't have known that Tommy and Misty smoked pot because it was after he'd left. Granny was there afterwards and she was in a position to have observed the aftereffects, if any.

One thing that has always bugged me about this Grandma who went over there. IF it had been me, and I had gone over to see my grandkids and left them with a teenage babysitter and one of them came up missing or dead, I would have been beside myself from the start! I would have been blaming myself and kicking myself that I would not have been able to take up for the babysitter. I don't understand WHY nobody in this family had blamed themselves for what happened starting with Tereasa, GGM, Ron and Misty!! None of these people so much as took a smidgen of blame on themselves!! That is what makes me think they are all covering up a crime!!

donjeta said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tommy admit that he and Misty smoked pot together before Grandma's visit? If true she must have been somewhat under the influence whatever Grandma says. Is it just that Misty is always under the influence so she couldn't tell the difference? Was her visit so brief she couldn't have told one way or another? Could she be partly covering her own back while insisting Misty was sober because it wouldn't look good for her to have left the children with a teen who was high and not informed anybody? I mean, Ronald was at work, and he couldn't have known that Tommy and Misty smoked pot because it was after he'd left. Granny was there afterwards and she was in a position to have observed the aftereffects, if any.

Yes, donjeta, I heard that too.

Now here's my thinking. GGMS "dropped" off the laundry, "dropped" being the operative word. How long did she stay to talk with MC, if she did? Wasn't she angry they allowed MC back into the home after her three day binge?? GGMS seems like a person who wouldn't bite her tongue if she saw something "off" with MC but I don't feel she spent enough time with MC to know if she was Zonked out or not...JMHO

If she was crashing from the three day weekend, smoking that joint would have made her more tired, IMO..she may not have been whacked out but rather exhausted and only wanted to sleep..

What did MC's dinner making consist of, warming up some chef boy ardee??? She doesn't strike me as Holly Homemaker....JMHO

Justice for HaLeigh

One thing that has always bugged me about this Grandma who went over there. IF it had been me, and I had gone over to see my grandkids and left them with a teenage babysitter and one of them came up missing or dead, I would have been beside myself from the start! I would have been blaming myself and kicking myself that I would not have been able to take up for the babysitter. I don't understand WHY nobody in this family had blamed themselves for what happened starting with Tereasa, GGM, Ron and Misty!! None of these people so much as took a smidgen of blame on themselves!! That is what makes me think they are all covering up a crime!!

JMO but I think they have...and will....

"Snip" http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010...a-fights-back/

Annette Sykes, has had enough of Misty Croslin’s grandmother’s tales. She doesn’t really care what Flora Hollars has to say about her own grandchildren. But she does not want Flora talking about her grandson, Ron Cummings.

IMHO.. IF GGMS doesn't want Grandma Flora implicating her beloved grandson, she should come forward and tell the truth as to what her, her daughter and her grandson's involvement is in regards to her own great granddaughter's disappearance..

And for the record, I have had enough of GGMS tales too......She has proven she speaks with a forked tongue and will lie to cover her grandson's rear to make him look good....
Her even attempting to convince anyone Ron C would not allow anyone who was strung out to keep his children is nothing but a crock, and she knows it...Shame on her...JMO

With Misty coming off a 3 day binder, on a Sunday night - Green Lane would not have been a pleasant place to be. I have always hoped GGMa Sykes had the kids and they went there Monday am to get Haleigh. Don't know if she did but I kinda think the kids would have stayed with GGMa Sykes at least when Misty first took off, Ron would have had to have worked at least one of those 3 days I would think.

If it is true that rc worked 10 hr days and was full time, he would have worked a four day week.

It certainly appears that the family had some concerns that Ronald might leave his children in the care of someone not quite up to it. Why else would Teresa have said she sent a family member there to check on them? (I assume this means Granny visiting with the laundry.) If Ronald could be counted on to only leave his kids with responsible sitters there was no reason to worry and no reason to check up on them. If only all the drug users and dealers were as responsible with their kids, always leaving them with caretakers who are absolutely sober...

You might be right, LiveLaughLuv. If AS and Misty were feeling hostile it might have been a very short visit and drug effects might take a while to be noticed. Many people can act sharp for brief moments at a time.

misty had no recollection of the visit when she was asked about who was there that night. GMA has now said that misty fed and bathed the kids...not buying that. If misty did she would know what Haleigh was wearing.

GMa never mentions the other person in the car.

I recall LE saying at one time that the pink shirt was never worn outdoors. So somehow between the morning and the evening that shirt was laundered. Who's to say the laundry wasn't brought over till 4:00am?

I think GGMS did the children's laundry that weekend because SHE is the one who kept them for the 3 days that Misty was on her drug binge. Afterall, RC was reportedly looking for Misty all over town and throwing Misty's clothes in someone's front yard. Let's hope he wasn't dragging the children along with him.

If GGMS always did the children's laundry, then I would say the reason Haleigh went to school looking as if she just stepped out of a bandbox is because of GGMS and not Misty (as GGMS first told the media) and certainly not because of the attentiveness of Ronald Cummings.

Let's see...who to believe, what to believe... IDK it all keeps changing!

I have just convinced myself that Granny is lying about her reasons for going to the MH and her time or if she went at all before 4:00am. Where was TN during this crisis? I can tell anyone and will scream from the rooftops, rc would have called his momma that night, she would be the first he would call when he was in a rage. HE called, she wasn't in the area and she sent her mother over to check the situation.

It most likely took TN a few hours to arrive. Where was she all night? Why is she left out of this altogether? It is like the elephant in the room. Why did she have to send her mom over and even more, why were her words so guarded? TN used the terminology that she sent "A Family Member" over to check on the kids....GMAB!

I think GGMS did the children's laundry that weekend because SHE is the one who kept them for the 3 days that Misty was on her drug binge. Afterall, RC was reportedly looking for Misty all over town and throwing Misty's clothes in someone's front yard. Let's hope he wasn't dragging the children along with him.

If GGMS always did the children's laundry, then I would say the reason Haleigh went to school looking as if she just stepped out of a bandbox is because of GGMS and not Misty (as GGMS first told the media) and certainly not because of the attentiveness of Ronald Cummings.

Let's see...who to believe, what to believe... IDK it all keeps changing!

Ever wonder why TN was not part of their lives? no one speaks of her doing laundry and the kids visiting her on weekends. Could it be because her residence is NOT in Putnam County??!!!

Thanks for such a well thought out post. Of course one of them should have felt the shame, and took the blame, however, no one came forth. I have five grandchildren (and actually they are never babysat unless it is a family member or a very close, old time friend.)

I can NOT see how any of us would have walked into this situation (with Misty being High) and then left. No way....GGS and her daughter, the nurse, came over while little Haleigh was going through her initial part of the death scene.

At that point I think panic set in. GGS call TN, TN called RC - who evens knows what happened. What I do believe that it was an accident, and then the cover-up ensued.

I do not believe Tommy or Joe raped little Haleigh and that Misty was under a sheet with Jr. If I thought that for one moment, I would never invest myself in any case ever again. (I went through that with JBR and I can't do it again, and a little o/t here: I know what happened in that case.)

Thanks for your post.
Now I want to go pull the pillow over my head!!

At one point Sykes announced her disappointment in rc letting misty back into the trailer on Green. At another point, TN is paying misty to be there? ....hmmm. I bet there's some fireworks going on behind the scene with those two.

FWIW - I think the washer was running info did not come from LE but was something possibly stated by Cobra at one point. Heck if I know where that info comes from.

I could of sworn the info about the washer running was on one of the actual report sheet and ended up being scratched out for public viewing. Remember something about the report was 5 pages long and only 4 for viewing? Ringing any bells anyone? :waitasec:

Sorry no link at this moment.....will go dive into other threads

:eek:fftopic:

Thanks for such a well thought out post. Of course one of them should have felt the shame, and took the blame, however, no one came forth. I have five grandchildren (and actually they are never babysat unless it is a family member or a very close, old time friend.)

I can NOT [/B]see how any of us would have walked ino this situation (with Misty being High) and then left. No way....GGS and her daughter, the nurse, came over while little Haleigh was going through her initial part of the death scene.At that point I think panic set in. GGS call TN, TN called RC - who evens knows what happened. What I do believe that it was an accident, and then the cover-up ensued.

I do not believe Tommy or Joe raped little Haleigh and that Misty was under a sheet with Jr. If I thought that for one moment, I would never invest myself in any case ever again. (I went through that with JBR and I can't do it again.)

Thanks for your post.

I have a question about Elisa, who is Sykes daughter-in-law. Have we ever established she was a nurse? I did not see a Elisa G. S...listed as licensed anything...I need help with this.

I could of sworn the info about the washer running was on one of the actual report sheet and ended up being scratched out for public viewing. Remember something about the report was 5 pages long and only 4 for viewing? Ringing any bells anyone? :waitasec:

Maybe, that is why all the news articles about the washing machine have been zapped from the web. I remember reading them early on but they are gone now. FWIW

Honestly can't remember seeing it on the original report. Is it true there were two police reports do you know? I have heard this mentioned and asked about it before but the answer escapes me. TIA

I remember this too, lol. I don't recall seeing the actual report though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back