WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saved the picture, but I do not know the source. NOT RUMOR NOR FACT--- I think it was said to of been from one of the Hurd's sons? But I'm NOT positive on this.--- NOT RUMOR OR FACT

If you think it's safe to re-post the picture, I will.

I say post it....

I just cannot understand how they aren't mourning mc more than what it seems... if it were family id have it all over facebook begging for help to find the poi and stating how much i missed my family member. theres a picture on cc's facebook page that his gf had put on there and its of the two brothers with wc and their smiling and seem happy, wouldnt you think they'd put missing u mackenzie or ANYTHING? it's just so odd

I agree that it does seem strange that we have heard not one peep from a family member. I am not sure if their way of expressing grief and anger is very private, or if they have other reasons to not be saying a word.

IMHO that is unlikely. MC was living in an area of Washington with basically one area code; any long distance outside of eastern Washington would have required the area code prefix.

Also:
360-884 is Longview (near Kelso)
360-881 is Kingston (upper Puget Sound)
253-884 is on Herron Island
253-881 is Puyallup

None of these are Tacoma exchanges, or particularly close to Tacoma.

425 is going to be the Eastside and 206 is going to be Seattle.

For future reference, Area-Codes.com lets you get a city by area code and prefix. Like so:
http://www.area-codes.com/exchange/exchange.asp?npa=360&nxx=881
The town that I get with my number is 10+ miles away. I live near Chicago if that affects it (lots of people). My carrier is Verizon.

I guess their grief is very private. Even if family knows who did it, you would think they could publicly thank the comm. for their care and concern. If the family does'nt know, you would think they would ask everyone to keep Mac's murder alive till solved.

this pic was discussed at length many weeks ago and opinions were that this was not taken at crescent bar.

I immediately thought of salt water... like Puget Sound. The waves and rocks on the beach look like home!

Thank you for the photo AnotherLocal. When you compare this photo to other pictures of CB online, I'm convinced it is Crescent Bar. My guess the photo was taken on the beach to the right of the CB house looking more toward the center of the island (white images). Here are some examples of other CB images online:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8yDm-RRgfG...scent_bar.jpeg

http://media.cbba.com/NWMLS/Media/29...9154864_04.jpg

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/g...mage-42364.jpg

Now I wonder if there is a relationship between the property owner (or his family) on Pitcher Canyon Road and MC or her best friend? Wish we had a better view of the kids in the raft, maybe there's someone we're looking for.

Also, I researched online to see if there was another way out of Pitcher Canyon Road and there is. It's a 10 mile drive backroad to Wenatchee (all but 1-2 miles is populated intermittently with houses that would require winter access) on Stiss Road which then connects to No. 2 Canyon Road and back into Wenatchee just north of the High School. I found a biker's website with postings from FEb. 24 indicating that bikers had been up in the mountains the week before and the snow level was 3000 ft. I wonder if anyone knows if that road was passable. Without any delay it is a 45 minute drive according to mapquest (to and from the boat launch on Orondo St.) making dropping MCs car off and surfacing back in Wenatchee by 6-6:30 PM plausible if the road is driveable and the POI had an accomplice with a car.

I just cannot understand how they aren't mourning mc more than what it seems... if it were family id have it all over facebook begging for help to find the poi and stating how much i missed my family member. theres a picture on cc's facebook page that his gf had put on there and its of the two brothers with wc and their smiling and seem happy, wouldnt you think they'd put missing u mackenzie or ANYTHING? it's just so odd

I have always wondered the same thing, most on the MC poster that I still to this day have only seen one/once!!! To post them would not hurt the investigation, If I were a family member, the posters would be up EVERYWHERE???
Thank you for the photo AnotherLocal.

respectfully snipped

Also, I researched online to see if there was another way out of Pitcher Canyon Road and there is. It's a 10 mile drive backroad to Wenatchee (all but 1-2 miles is populated intermittently with houses that would require winter access) on Stiss Road which then connects to No. 2 Canyon Road and back into Wenatchee just north of the High School. I found a biker's website with postings from FEb. 24 indicating that bikers had been up in the mountains the week before and the snow level was 3000 ft. I wonder if anyone knows if that road was passable. Without any delay it is a 45 minute drive according to mapquest (to and from the boat launch on Orondo St.) making dropping MCs car off and surfacing back in Wenatchee by 6-6:30 PM plausible if the road is driveable and the POI had an accomplice with a car.

I do know that you can drive that route with knowledge and 4 wheel drive in the winter months. There is a locked gate at the stiss canyon side, I would assume also on the PC side ( but just speculation there). If you do not know the stiss combo, you will have to back down and find a turn around.. now a motor bike or on foot could get around the gate on the stiss side... Have to state that as fact!

Most thought Lake Chelan

I can tell you all for a fact that is not taken at Lake Chelan. I grew up there and that is not Chelan. I would say that looks more like the Puget Sound. Definitely not the Columbia River either....

I am beginning to think this is a brick wall. :banghead: I wonder if LE is clueless. Are there still people in the chat room??? Maybe it was a sk and that is why we are stuck. So sad and scary.... I thought maybe the 6 calls would help???

I am starting to lose interest. I think LE knows who did it but can't prove it yet. I was told by a reliable source that people in this town will be shocked when they finally make an arrest so I think I will sit back and wait.

Or arrestsss!

One thing I would like to add about phone numbers. You are entitled to keep your old phone number if you change phone services...any of our POIs lived in the surrounding areas say in the past 5-10 years that would be similar?
My wife's phone uses the same area code we lived in years ago because we carried it over when we moved. Just a thought.

Here is is, I hope I'm okay to post this.

I can't remember what we are suppose to see in the picture or what it was from but it looks like Puget Sound with the background and possible bits of shell within the rocks.:waitasec:

I am starting to lose interest. I think LE knows who did it but can't prove it yet. I was told by a reliable source that people in this town will be shocked when they finally make an arrest so I think I will sit back and wait.

I was told the same thing... I think they are making sure they have everything they can before they make an arrest. I also think if all the results come back inconclusive they will still make an arrest with what evidence they do have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998