WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow BBuzz that video was amazing of Wenatchee and I live here and I still loved it. I am sure the people on this site from other places will appreciate it. Thanks. :)

I want to make sure that I fully understand your post. You seem to be saying that the police have a list of potential suspects, and that list is narrowed to:

1. Someone who knew MC

2. Someone who didn’t know MC but has resources to hire an attorney

3. Someone who knew MC, no convictions in past but has an attorney

3A. Someone who knew MC, arrested shortly after her murder on other charges but subsequently released

Did I accurately summarize your potential list of suspects?

What I was trying to say, the police have a narrow list compared to ours.

I gave a list of traits that I believe the actual suspect might have.

For example if someone on the suspect list was arrested and released, that should move them up the list.

The problem is we have an ever expanding list of suspects. When someone is eliminated, it is usually because someone told us they could not have done it.

To clarify, the person knew of MC, but not necessarily was a friend of hers. By now I believe they have consulted with an attorney in some way. If they have a record, they were picked up for something unrelated and have been released.

Sorry if I was confusing.

Where are you seeing this comment at? link please...
/www.myspace.com/tommism
look at the uper left side and find small blue letters that say "view more". Click on that. Then look for the comment(keep scrolling down) made by JV on January 21, 2008

I've been doing a regular drive by lurk on this case since the beginning but haven't had time to contribute. I grew up in Okanogan so this is close to home and I just want to say that I HOPE they aren't too "small town" to solve this.

I HOPE they have suspects loaded up with some GPS - tracking - bugging systems etc. Surely they have POIs that they are watching and maybe just waiting for someone to slip up, or for someone to crack.

I pray every day for this case to be solved.

COOL VIDEO B BUZZ: That is a nice trip down memory lane. I see Hwy 97 on the East side - I just wish the ride would have kept going up to OK. I get home sick sometimes.

Other info we are not privy to is the fact that of the POI list LE has they can check the cell phone control towers to see who was where during the time line of events they are working off of.

Everyone carries their cell phones with them at all times these days, even if they are in the act of murder. Several murder cases have been helped get solved by cell phones and cell phone tower pings.

I think of the list of POI's, cell phone tower pings will play a big part of narrowing in on the suspect. Cell phone tower pings are almost like a witness these days.

IMO:

We have many suspects; I personally believe that the police have a narrowed list of
suspects.

What I believe is happening I don’t know this for a fact, I am using an educated guess, the police have evidence and suspects; however, the evidence is circumstantial, with some of it being denied by a relationship. For Example: fingerprints found in the car are from someone who had a good excuse for being in the car.

The other direction is that the person did not have a relationship with MC, but is a high profile person in the community that has an attorney. The police would need to make sure they had everything they needed to convict before making an arrest.

The other option is a combination of the two suspect types.

My suspect profile would contain someone, without a record, who knew MC, and currently has an attorney. If they had a record, I believe that the police would have already arrested them on other charges. That said, if the person had a record, they may have been arrested right after the processed the evidence and have since been released.

An arrest will come, soon I hope.

There are so many suspicious events and people surrounding Mackenzie that is seems the waters have been muddied.

My thoughts are if we get to the six month mark without news of an arrest, things will need to change. The family may need to hire a Private Investigator.

IMO the only person in MC's family that would hire a PI is her father...

Other info we are not privy to is the fact that of the POI list LE has they can check the cell phone control towers to see who was where during the time line of events they are working off of.

Everyone carries their cell phones with them at all times these days, even if they are in the act of murder. Several murder cases have been helped get solved by cell phones and cell phone tower pings.

I think of the list of POI's, cell phone tower pings will play a big part of narrowing in on the suspect. Cell phone tower pings are almost like a witness these days.

Unfortunately some of the cell companies of possible POI's purged the files of the pings so they cannot tell where they were around the time of MC's disappearance.

/www.myspace.com/tommism
look at the uper left side and find small blue letters that say "view more". Click on that. Then look for the comment(keep scrolling down) made by JV on January 21, 2008

I'm not sure why we're looking at this person's myspace, but in regards to JV's comment on his page, yes...he used a poor choice of words, but most teenagers do (which is what he was 2yrs ago when that was written) and I highly doubt he was serious about his friend being at Harvard...we call the community college near my home "Harvard on the Hill", as a joke. My point is that we can't go picking apart something someone said 2yrs ago and use it as a basis on who that person is today...especially in someone so young. Kids can change pretty drastically in 2yrs...and I don't think anyone ever accused JV of being an angel. The deceased may not have even been an angel herself, but what she is, is a victim of a horrible tragedy...and so is JV. Who, in my eyes, seems to have been cleared by LE basing the fact that he was accounted for at work when MC went missing. Just sayin...

I don't think JV is guilty of murder...of course at this point, it's just my opinion.

It's sad but I'm starting to think this may go unsolved too. When Wenatchee PD take this long in wrapping up a crime of this nature it means either...

This investigation is not being conducted by Wenatchee PD...but by the task force which consists of Douglas, Chelan. Wenatchee, East Wenatchee and FBI.

The TM reference was because of the numerous "gangster"and other distasteful comments it contains. remembering Mac's other myspace which had "kenzie loves the gangsters" written across the top. and, also, because it establishes a friendship with JV. So what? Because a man, or a boy, as the case may be, is known by the company he keeps. Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. whether TM is a "real" gangster or a posturing little wannabe, is not known at this point. I am sure Law Enforcement is considering all connections and possibilities. I haven't heard of anyone being cleared yet,except for the "no obvious connection" of the B family, who have the number Mac or someone called six times on the 9th.sorry if I missed the JV at work alibi. Was that from an official source or rumor?

I went to school with both JV and TM and TM is a Harvard student. He's a very smart guy, his whole myspace is basically a big joke, I don't even think he uses it anymore.
Just thought I'd clear that up.
:)

Can any of you be positive who is not the killer?

IMO:

We have many suspects; I personally believe that the police have a narrowed list of
suspects.

What I believe is happening I don’t know this for a fact, I am using an educated guess, the police have evidence and suspects; however, the evidence is circumstantial, with some of it being denied by a relationship. For Example: fingerprints found in the car are from someone who had a good excuse for being in the car.

The other direction is that the person did not have a relationship with MC, but is a high profile person in the community that has an attorney. The police would need to make sure they had everything they needed to convict before making an arrest.

The other option is a combination of the two suspect types.

My suspect profile would contain someone, without a record, who knew MC, and currently has an attorney. If they had a record, I believe that the police would have already arrested them on other charges. That said, if the person had a record, they may have been arrested right after the processed the evidence and have since been released.

An arrest will come, soon I hope.

There are so many suspicious events and people surrounding Mackenzie that is seems the waters have been muddied.

My thoughts are if we get to the six month mark without news of an arrest, things will need to change. The family may need to hire a Private Investigator.

i really don't think the family is involved or the mom's BF. nobody really knows the family that well. i believe it's someone who is not from wenatchee. just mt 2:twocents:

No one has been cleared by LE yet, at least not publicly. We won't know who's been cleared until the arrest of the perp is made, and then only by process of elimination. In other words, it can't be X, because Y was arrested for the murder.

i really don't think the family is involved or the mom's BF. nobody really knows the family that well. i believe it's someone who is not from wenatchee. just mt 2:twocents:

I don't believe I stated that I thought any family member or relative was involved in MC's murder.

Could you please clarify what you are trying to say.

I think that I might understand.

When I use the term relationship, I am not necessarily talking about a relative. A relationship does not have to be with someone you are related to. I have a relationship with the person at the coffee stand. I talk with her on a daily basis, know her name and she knows my name and what I have in my coffee. Sorry for the confusion, I would have used the term acquaintance.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

I was thinking about all the facts last night... where MC was found, where her car was placed.. It screams "local" to me, someone that knows the valley.

I pray LE has a POI!!

I still keep thinking about the fact that a new tavern opens 2 doors down from the hair academy and the tavern owner also owns the tavern at cresent bar. Could it be a patron or employee of both bars that met MC on the street or in the parking lot? Another rumor I recently heard is that there is some kind of connection with Golds Gym. The person that told me this was not very eager to talk about it and acted nervous when they were tellling me the Golds Gym connection.....

I still believe that the perpetrator is someone who is local and someone that MC had some kind of relationship with. I believe that it was not planned or premeditated, but an act of rage. I believe that all of the locations that are involved, where the car and body were found, are locations of convenience and familiarity. I believe that there was only one perpetrator who was male, with a possible accomplice after the fact. I do believe that LE knows who did this and are simply dotting I's and crossing T's at this point, and that an arrest is imminent. I am keeping the faith. All of this is MHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member