WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was reviewing some the Wenatchee World articles, I had a thought.
We know that the car was placed up Pitcher Canyon as a distraction for LE.

How do you conclude that it is known that the car being left on in PC was a distraction?

I still belive that it was someone MC knew. As far as the severed arm, is that fact or "rumor"..just curious. As far as the phone calls, I have stated in earlier posts that I think that the phone calls were meant as alibis for someone. Whether that be JV and SM...I don't know. But they were made for a reason. I believe as it was posted before that Target plays an important role here. I have thought long and hard about this. It all comes back to commonality. The one thing that is there is that phone calls were made to an employee that worked with JV. The fact that LE is saying there is no obvious connection just baffles me. Are you kidding me. No connection..??? I don't live in Wenatchee, and I can see there is one. Now maybe they are trying to minimize that connection, but to openly admit it...I don't know. I say.. it is someone MC knew. I hope the person feels sooooo much guilt that they either tell LE, or someone else, and they tell LE.

who is MC'S boyfriend's bestfriend?

He doesn't have a "best friend." Like many guys, he has a few good friends but no one he considers his best friend.

I'm not sure why we're looking at this person's myspace, but in regards to JV's comment on his page, yes...he used a poor choice of words, but most teenagers do (which is what he was 2yrs ago when that was written) and I highly doubt he was serious about his friend being at Harvard...we call the community college near my home "Harvard on the Hill", as a joke. My point is that we can't go picking apart something someone said 2yrs ago and use it as a basis on who that person is today...especially in someone so young. Kids can change pretty drastically in 2yrs...and I don't think anyone ever accused JV of being an angel. The deceased may not have even been an angel herself, but what she is, is a victim of a horrible tragedy...and so is JV. Who, in my eyes, seems to have been cleared by LE basing the fact that he was accounted for at work when MC went missing. Just sayin...

Thanks MM, I agree. The only people who should be scrutinizing a very old social networking post are potential employers.

I believe that it is more than rumor that JV has been cleared by LE, and those family members closest to MC believe this as well. This makes him a victim as well, and we do all need to remember not to victimize the victims. I know that it can be frustrating when it seems like we have no new information, but these types of things can be very hurtful.

Snipped and BBM:

I still belive that it was someone MC knew. As far as the severed arm, is that fact or "rumor"..just curious. As far as the phone calls, I have stated in earlier posts that I think that the phone calls were meant as alibis for someone. Whether that be JV and SM...I don't know. But they were made for a reason. I believe as it was posted before that Target plays an important role here. I have thought long and hard about this. It all comes back to commonality. The one thing that is there is that phone calls were made to an employee that worked with JV. The fact that LE is saying there is no obvious connection just baffles me.

The severed arm is technically rumor, but it has come from so many different sources, that I personally take it as a fact. Some people who know those that viewed the body have stated this, so I consider it coming from very reliable sources. There are a lot of rumors on here, yes, but ones that have come from many different people can be considered to be pretty much fact, IMO.

The other thing, about SB and JV being connected through Target: They work in different departments and, therefore, wouldn't necessarily know each other very well. Before LE announced that there was no connection between MC & SB, JV confirmed this. Apparently, SB told JV about the phone calls (that was how JV initially heard about them) and SB said that he didn't know MC and didn't know why she would be calling his parent's house. Someone could be lying, definitely, but I just wanted to clear some things up.

Some thoughts on all of this.

Many threads ago it was posted that WC allowed MC to have “sleep overs” with her BF at the spec home on Ridgeview. WC had told co-workers that MC would walk down to the spec home from the WC home and watch DVD’s with her BF all night.

Some questioned that and indeed JV had apparently told one Web Sleuther that he had never been to the spec home and to his knowledge neither had MC and he had never heard of having sleep overs or watching DVD there.

LE had interrogated a server at a 24 hr restaurant a few blocks north of where JV worked on the night MC disappeared. Apparently, due to the fact, she had a vehicle that closely matches JV and they were verifying his location and actions.

Someone on a Seattle site had posted the boyfriends co-worker did it.

A text was sent from the boat launch to JV

To set the record straight for everyone reading here-

JV did tell me that he had never been to the spec house. Also, remember that he had never even met WC before MC went missing, although he has a great relationship with RC and SF. I asked him if MC could have gone to the spec house with a past boyfriend but he didn't think that was the case, due to the strained relationship MC had had with WC for awhile.

According to JV, MC texted him at around 2:40 p.m., and he was still at Target. She wouldn't have left the academy yet and therefore wouldn't be at the boat launch yet. He texted her back at 4:15 p.m, after he got off work, and that was when there was no connection.

IMO, the text/call from the boat launch that day was not communication with JV.

I was just saying that it was a possibility I was not saying that is what happened.

There were three injuries to her body, blunt impact trauma to her head, manual strangulation and stab wounds.

Do we know for a fact that the arm was almost severed?

The three different injuries do not seem like someone who is in rage beyond thinking. I say this because if someone had that much rage, they would not take the time to hit her on the head stop attacking, manually choke her, stop attacking, then stab her. I have seen pictures of rage killings, sixty stab wounds to the neck and chest.

From what we know, I do not think that she had fifty stab wounds, or her skull was destroyed by a blunt object.

Until an autopsy report is released, all we know is what was listed on the death certificate.

If this was a rage killing, I am sure that someone out there saw some blood on the murder. Also there would be tons of DNA evidence one the body, in the car. If there is a person out there that is hiding some knowledge they should be charged with the murder. The last thing we need in this world is another person who would watch someone murdered and not have enough ethical value to come forward.

Totally different case, but similar and was definitely rage, even though they planned it beforehand (this girl was also dumped and burned beyond recognition):

http://www.kpho.com/news/13563363/detail.html

...snip

Vasquez said the boys, for whatever reason, had planned to kill Amber.

"They went to her home and through a combination of beating, stabbing and choking, killed her," Vasquez said.

"She just didn't die quick enough for them. So they just kept doing different things to her," Vasquez said. "It's amazing in today's society how vicious 16-year-olds can get."

snip...

I still belive that it was someone MC knew. As far as the severed arm, is that fact or "rumor"..just curious. As far as the phone calls, I have stated in earlier posts that I think that the phone calls were meant as alibis for someone. Whether that be JV and SM...I don't know. But they were made for a reason. I believe as it was posted before that Target plays an important role here. I have thought long and hard about this. It all comes back to commonality. The one thing that is there is that phone calls were made to an employee that worked with JV. The fact that LE is saying there is no obvious connection just baffles me. Are you kidding me. No connection..??? I don't live in Wenatchee, and I can see there is one. Now maybe they are trying to minimize that connection, but to openly admit it...I don't know. I say.. it is someone MC knew. I hope the person feels sooooo much guilt that they either tell LE, or someone else, and they tell LE.
I have always wanted to know, how was it established that anyone(JV orSB) works at Target????

How do you conclude that it is known that the car being left on in PC was a distraction?

Why would someone dump a car so far away from where the body was dropped. Because glass is present in a "Kitchen" and in the car. I assume that whatever happened in the kitchen was done before the car was dumped.

If the kitchen was at the CB home, why dump the car up Pitcher Canyon. LE lost 3-4 days looking around the Canyon for MC. Also, only one set of foot prints left the car and disappeared on the pavement. The car must have been dropped after MC was injured at the very least.

There are hundreds of places between CB and Pitcher Canyon, where a car could have been dumped. Why Pitcher Canyon?

If MC died on the 9th and her body was placed on the beach that night. I think she would have been found sooner. Could she have died in the CB home and after a couple of days, no one found the body so the perp. went back and moved the body to the beach?

Just a thought.

Why would someone dump a car so far away from where the body was dropped. Because glass is present in a "Kitchen" and in the car. I assume that whatever happened in the kitchen was done before the car was dumped.

If the kitchen was at the CB home, why dump the car up Pitcher Canyon. LE lost 3-4 days looking around the Canyon for MC. Also, only one set of foot prints left the car and disappeared on the pavement. The car must have been dropped after MC was injured at the very least.

There are hundreds of places between CB and Pitcher Canyon, where a car could have been dumped. Why Pitcher Canyon?

If MC died on the 9th and her body was placed on the beach that night. I think she would have been found sooner. Could she have died in the CB home and after a couple of days, no one found the body so the perp. went back and moved the body to the beach?

Just a thought.
How do we know there was glass in any kitchen? Do we know for sure glass was found in the B's kitchen or, in any specific kitchen?
Would forensics at autopsy be able to tell how long the body had lain in that position, as found, at the beach location? Or, how distant in time were the wounds inflicted?

Just a thought.

I believe the PCR vehicle dump site was more a matter of convenience ... close enough to downtown Wenatchee where the perp's vehicle was parked and an 'out of the way' location where not too many people would notice ... except it would expose the perp for during the time he walked from PCR to his vehicle in Wenatchee.

If originally he had parked his vehicle on PCR, only to return to it via MC's car after the murder ... where would he have parked his vehicle so it would not stand out?

Some bullet points follow: some are fact, some are opinion, with some MOO shoveled around and in-between:
  • Why are clothing MC stored in her vehicle NOT listed on the Property Seizure Record?
  • Why is MC's purse not listed on the PSR?
  • Why is only one item from the trunk (personal check - Reid Cowell - school fine) listed on the PSR?
  • Was there absolutely nothing else in the trunk? No tools, car jack, spare tire?
  • Why is only the check considered an item of evidence?
  • For to whom was the check written?
  • Was it written out specifically to a school account? To MC? To 'cash'?
  • Did MC really owe a fine for school items that semester? IF there was no fine, for what did MC really need that money?
  • MC's debit card is reported as missing. Did the perp torture MC to get the PIN #?
  • Was MC so strong and courageuous as to NOT give up the PIN #? MC's defiance certainly could fuel a money-hungry perp's rage engine.
  • The 'glass chards' [sic] item listed on the PSR has no specific *vehicle* location identified, such as 'rear floor mat' or 'passenger seat'. The only hint of a location is written as: "from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery".
  • We know the CB property is a LOI (Location Of Interest) because that is from where MC's body was recovered.
  • Is the Herg property (and 'home') also considered a LOI since MC's vehicle was found at that location?
  • Is MC's vehicle considered as 'recovered' from PCR?
  • 'Recovery' in this case can only refer to MC's body and not to her vehicle since the vehicle was not reported as stolen or missing. Legally, it would not be considered as 'recovered'.
  • Can LE truly rule the property where MC's vehicle was discovered as not having any significance?
  • I believe the 'kitchen counter' referenced in the PSR is to that which is located in the CB home , near to where MC's body was 'recovered'.
To me, this case appears more as a robbery gone terribly wrong.

The only items of worth were MC's debit card and her cell phone. Apparently the perp must have held a belief that MC had 'money' .. because the C family appears as 'well-off', in some fashion?
  • The 'personal check' would be impossible to cash. Uselsess, left behind.
  • The phone can be unlocked and programmatically wiped. Has some value, it is missing.
  • The debit card, unknown value but with great potential so it is missing.
    Debit cards are assigned a security PIN. Who knows the PIN? The card owner. How do you get the debit card owner to give up the PIN? You threaten with bodily harm. If initially that does not succeed, you up the ante. Perhaps you are forced to a point where your anger and rage take over because a snot-nosed defiant tough girl doesn't give in to your threat ... so now you have something to prove.

Oh lordy, this water has gotten far too muddied to have any hope of seeing through. I think while news is slow in coming, I will go back through the threads and news articles and try to separate out fact from fiction/speculation/opinion, and agenda . . .

Oh lordy, this water has gotten far too muddied to have any hope of seeing through. I think while news is slow in coming, I will go back through the threads and news articles and try to separate out fact from fiction/speculation/opinion, and agenda . . .

ITA! Someone will ask a question (example: were there glass shards at the CB house?) and I think for sure I used to know the answer to that, and now I can't remember for sure! Going back and trying to find the answer is tough...
So much info, whether confirmed, rumor or rumor from a good source, it's getting tough to keep track of it all!!

Does anyone know if the six calls sent from MCs phone coincide with the security camera's time discrepancy? In other words, were the calls placed during the period of discrepancy (~3:10-3:20 PM)? Remember the original time of her departure was recorded as ~3:20 PM, but the time on the security camera was wrong and she had really left a little after 3 PM.

And as a side note, is there a way to alter the time on a security camera, and if so, who would have access?

Snipped and BBM:

IMO, the text/call from the boat launch that day was not communication with JV.

LE confirmed that the text "hey" was sent by MC's phone (emphasis added since we cannot say with certainty that MC sent it) and in return the text "hey" was sent by JV. This has been confirmed by LE and repeated in the WW on more than one occasion.

I have always believed that this exchange of "hey" is very odd, if not suspicious. Remind me again what time this exchange took place? 3:40 PM? Hadn't MC just seen JV at Target? If so, what would be the purpose of this text exchange?

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photo....jpg?ac11bf8fe6c3fa35f94967ba750209537ec39bf0

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photo....jpg?ac11bf8fe6c3fa35f94967ba750209537ec39bf0

Here's a picture from the practice sometime before the memorial. The best friends finger is pointed across to another member who is pointing back. Interpret it as you may.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photos/2010/feb/25/54969/

I think pictures speak louder than words and MCs best friend didn't seem upset at all at MCs memorial. Compare her demeanor against anyone else in the audience.

maybe Mack had SBs name in her cell phone twice..home and cell number...maybe she dialed the home number by mistake? JAT...

Since my kids have gotten cell phones there have been NO CALLS to the house for them. All calls go to their cell phone. Kids do not call the family's home anymore, and have no reason to, when they can connect directly with their friends by calling the cell phone.

I think that the 6 calls to the one home phone were not made by MC because someone else had her phone at that time. The calls made to the home either provided someone at the home with an alibi, i.e., they can claim they weren't home since the calls went unanswered, or the calls signaled that MC had left the Academy. Yes, I also believe that someone at the Academy is involved in this plot.

Since we don't know why MC left the academy, could it be because she was missing her phone and was on her way to retrieve it.

I have always wanted to know, how was it established that anyone(JV orSB) works at Target????

I just personally viewed both of them in target ten minutes ago.

Since my kids have gotten cell phones there have been NO CALLS to the house for them. All calls go to their cell phone. Kids do not call the family's home anymore, and have no reason to, when they can connect directly with their friends by calling the cell phone.

I think that the 6 calls to the one home phone were not made by MC because someone else had her phone at that time. The calls made to the home either provided someone at the home with an alibi, i.e., they can claim they weren't home since the calls went unanswered, or the calls signaled that MC had left the Academy. Yes, I also believe that someone at the Academy is involved in this plot.

Since we don't know why MC left the academy, could it be because she was missing her phone and was on her way to retrieve it.

Of course you could be correct but, LE has implied that MC made the calls. They have stated that the calls were made right after she left the academy.

They also portray that they have a firm understanding of her movements until the boat ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member