Identified! CT - Two unknown women on video, possible SK victims, May'05

bugaboo

Reaction score
These women were on a video found in the van of a man convicted of killing a CT woman back in 2003. The body of the woman was never found. This man traveled from CT to NC, and was arrested in VA.

http://www.ct.gov/csao/cwp/view.asp?a=1798&q=291456

howell_unknown1.jpg
howell-unknown2.jpg

Here is the information on Nilsa, who was never found:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/arizmendi_nilsa.html

arizmendi_nilsa_h.jpg

Marcia Lynn Scobie disappeared in Alabama in 2003; now the family says foul play isn't suspected and she could have been possibly depressed due to her medical condition....she does resemble the 2nd woman however.

The convict seems to have been quite a drifter so who knows....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/scobie_marcia.html

Peggy Sue Ashley has a resemblance to the first woman in the still frame.

Do we know anything about the video found in the van? Was it shot in the van or just found there? Not to be too presumptuous but it's not like low budget *advertiser censored* is hard to get. But if the LE are looking at information from the tape I guess it has to be relevant. Now Peggy is listed as missing from KY, a few possibilities exist from NC and VA too that I saw however the dates from the case are a bit scattered so its hard to say when he was behind bars, for how long, released...and for how long etc before finally getting incarcerated after the 2007 guilty plea.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300417W

I wonder if this guy was hiring prostitutes (or more likely trading drugs for services) and videotaped them himself? I hope these woman didn't end up harmed by him.

I sent an email to the LE officers in CT; I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back from them. Because I'm relatively new at this I'm not comfortable calling directly at this point; however I did inquire about further information so we'll see.

If you need any help, let me know. I know some people in the field. ;)

Hey bugaboo; I basically am (and I'm sure others here are interested as well) looking into when the tape was made and where....are the two women in the video from the same video "shoot", was the video shot in the van, when exactly was he locked up/released/lock up again etc...the dates are vague. And of course, did he or was he known to venture outside the CT,VA,NC states and reside/visit elsewhere.

If they were filmed during separate segments on the tape, which one appeared first? It might be important to know chronological order.

It's hard to tell because the VHS stills are so grainy, but that appears to be woodgrain paneling, very common stuff, on the wall behind the woman with long hair. I think I can even see the "grain" on it, so I doubt her part of the video was shot in the van.

Good point tatertot!

Also...I have to say that judging by the hair styles, my first thought is early 90's ish for the video. If it within the 2000-2006 range then women who are in the 32-45 yr old range (at that time)...or those who never "adapted" to more "modern" hair styles. That is why I thought Peggy Ashley was a good possibility, if you look at the last photo on the link and compare the features of the women in the 1st frame, the women look very similar despite Peggy being only 23 or so. The still shots do little though for effective match-ups other then features; so this will be tough unless we can find further information about the killer and the tape.

If they were filmed during separate segments on the tape, which one appeared first? It might be important to know chronological order.

It's hard to tell because the VHS stills are so grainy, but that appears to be woodgrain paneling, very common stuff, on the wall behind the woman with long hair. I think I can even see the "grain" on it, so I doubt her part of the video was shot in the van.

A van set up with a "camper-type" interior, small table and so forth, might have that kind of cheap woodgrain paneling. But since that one has the vertical paneling, and the other photo shows a pronounced horizontal line (brickwork?) it seems unlikely they were in the same place.

I really see a resemblance between Peggy Sue Ashley and woman #1, and between Christine Cales and woman #2.
PSA and CC both have tattoos. Maybe one of us should contact this agency and ask if any tattoos are visible on the tape.

I'm interested in the first picture if anyone has more information on her.

Peggy Sue Ashley has a resemblance to the first woman in the still frame.

Do we know anything about the video found in the van? Was it shot in the van or just found there? Not to be too presumptuous but it's not like low budget *advertiser censored* is hard to get. But if the LE are looking at information from the tape I guess it has to be relevant. Now Peggy is listed as missing from KY, a few possibilities exist from NC and VA too that I saw however the dates from the case are a bit scattered so its hard to say when he was behind bars, for how long, released...and for how long etc before finally getting incarcerated after the 2007 guilty plea.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300417W

Here's the side-by-side of Woman #1 to Peggy Sue Ashley Vinson:

howell_unknown1.jpg
vinson_peggy4.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vinson_peggy.html

What catches my attention, is that both Peggy Sue and Mystery Woman #1 have similar slightly turned up noses.

I kicked off an e-mail to the Connecticut Cold Case Unit regarding Christina Cales and Peggy Sue Ashley Vinson.

images
howell_unknown1.jpg

Ms. Suzanne, is this what you are thinking? ETA: I dont think the picture on the right has a square enough jaw...JMO.

Kinda strange - I got a call from a detective from the El Segundo PD (i.e., my own hometown). The cold-case tipline in Connecticut referred my tip on Christine Cales and Peggy Sue Vinson to ESPD for them to investigate.

Understandably the detective seemed a bit confused about what this case was all about, and who I was, and why he was being asked to get involved. He said that he had a different case that he was also working on, but he would get back to me.

I am also a bit confused as to why ESPD is involved. The Connecticut State Police are the ones who put out the inquiry. Why would they delegate the investigation to ESPD?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back