WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a snippet and link from KIRO's printed piece:

Wenatchee Slaying Victim's Mother Issues Plea

"I know that you out there know who did this, and it's important for my family and I for you to bring that person forward," Wendy Cowell said. "You owe it to Mackenzie's honor, and to us and to this community that she affected in such a positive way."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23626611/detail.html

David Lohr, who wrote the above article for AOL, posted on the Mackenzie Cowell Memorial FB page on Tuesday, May 18th, asking for any family or friends to get in touch with him to discuss the article he was writing. (Click "Just others" to get Lohr's post to show up.)

Lohr may have heard from family, if he had posted it on the facebook page, Celebrating the life of Mackenzie Nicole Cowell

Tricia,

Are there any photos we are allowed to post?

Thanks.

Hi LLLIndsayy,

My apologies. I was just told that was a press release you posted. Since it linked back to a news article I thougtht that what it was.

You can post a whole press release with any photos included in the release.

If it was a press release please go ahead and post the whole thing including the picture.

Again my apologies.

Tricia

I watched the video of WC on kiro, and I was literally was rolling in tears....I am so so so happy that MC's immediate family was cleared. Thank you WS for opening another thread, I am new to WS.

I was watching a show on Investigate Discovery (most evil) and it was a segment on Gangs, this female gang member became and informant she was part of MS13 gang, and when the gang got word that she was an informant they lured her down to a body of water to go fishing, and they stabbed her and beat her to death and her body was laying next to the water. She was not sexually assaulted either. Her Best Friend, a male, was convicted of the murder. Just a suggestion, not pointing fingers but this was very similar to MC case.

I have full trust and hope in LE now, I believe they are going to crack this case wide open very soon....Evidence is the key to solving this horrific crime. I wonder if they have created a profile of the killer or killers? Criminal Profiling is also a good source to catching a suspect.

RIP MC!

Here is a snippet and link from KIRO's printed piece:

Wenatchee Slaying Victim's Mother Issues Plea

"I know that you out there know who did this, and it's important for my family and I for you to bring that person forward," Wendy Cowell said. "You owe it to Mackenzie's honor, and to us and to this community that she affected in such a positive way."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23626611/detail.html

This broke my heart.

Thank you so much, Nancee...

Here is the link...found it after a bit of searching.

http://www.kirotv.com/video/23626752/index.html

One thing she said that gave me hope: investigators have a good bit of evidence, but are waiting on the right tip to solve this.

Otherwise, I'd have little hope that they could solve it... just glad that there's evidence that could point toward someone if the right tip comes in.

Hey, everybody!

Glad to see a new thread alive here on WS. No one has forgotten Mackenzie!

I'm hoping WC's statement was very telling and confirms what many of us already think- That LE has a solid timeline and working theory and enough circumstantial evidence pointing to one certain person, but they need a particular tip to solidify their case. In my opinion this is an eyewitness tip that can place her in physical proximity to this person on the date(s) in question. Hoping for that tip too.

I can't see why else they would beg for a specific tip unless everything else was in place.

Even if this particular tip never materializes, I'm still hoping for a strong circumstantial case that they can move forward with. Perhaps we will see a grand jury convene to hear the case in the next couple of months.

I watched the video of WC on kiro, and I was literally was rolling in tears....I am so so so happy that MC's immediate family was cleared. Thank you WS for opening another thread, I am new to WS.

I was watching a show on Investigate Discovery (most evil) and it was a segment on Gangs, this female gang member became and informant she was part of MS13 gang, and when the gang got word that she was an informant they lured her down to a body of water to go fishing, and they stabbed her and beat her to death and her body was laying next to the water. She was not sexually assaulted either. Her Best Friend, a male, was convicted of the murder. Just a suggestion, not pointing fingers but this was very similar to MC case.

I have full trust and hope in LE now, I believe they are going to crack this case wide open very soon....Evidence is the key to solving this horrific crime. I wonder if they have created a profile of the killer or killers? Criminal Profiling is also a good source to catching a suspect.

RIP MC!

Early articles indicated that FBI profilers were doing their thing.

Ever since we had confirmation of her manner of death I've personally thought this was a lone male who knew her and had deep rage toward her. JMO.

David Lohr, who wrote the above article for AOL, posted on the Mackenzie Cowell Memorial FB page on Tuesday, May 18th, asking for any family or friends to get in touch with him to discuss the article he was writing. (Click "Just others" to get Lohr's post to show up.)

Lohr may have heard from family, if he had posted it on the facebook page, Celebrating the life of Mackenzie Nicole Cowell
Wenatchee Detective John Kruse from the AOL article:"I don't want to go down the road of who passed,+(referring to lie detector tests) who didn't pass and who's inconclusive," Kruse said. "We have no named persons of interest and no named suspects at this time." "No named persons of interest or named suspects." That doesn't mean that LE has no suspects or persons of interest, it just means they have not made the information public.

Wenatchee Detective John Kruse from the AOL article:"I don't want to go down the road of who passed,+(referring to lie detector tests) who didn't pass and who's inconclusive," Kruse said. "We have no named persons of interest and no named suspects at this time." "No named persons of interest or named suspects." That doesn't mean that LE has no suspects or persons of interest, it just means they have not made the information public.

In the Brittanee Drexel case they claim to have "3-4 named persons of interest," but they have not made that information public. If LE in Washington is saying that they have no named persons of interest, it might very well mean that they don't have any at all.

Interview with Sgt. Kruse from Wenatchee Police Department from Kiro TV:
http://www.kirotv.com/video/23639345/index.html

If I understood Sgt. Kruse correctly they believe the call that was repeated to the 884 number was made from the boat launch; not immediately after MC left the academy as has previously been reported.

They have found no link between MC and the 884 phone number, but maybe it's not about a relationship between MC and the number. If MC wasn't making the call to the 884 number because she was no longer in possession of her phone, then it may not be about a relationship between MC and the number, but the number and some POI. Just a thought.

So many possibilities about the phone calls. I'd say the most logical is she was supposed to meet somebody at the boat launch and when that person didn't show or was late she called the mystery number she had never called before. My guess is that whoever was supposed to meet her at the boat launch gave her that number (or whatever number she misdialed).

It's easy to come up with other scenarios though like her being jealous of somebody and a boyfriend (not JV) giving her the number with a generic voicemail number as a ruse to try and placate her jealousy.

Regarding the 884 number. Is it possible that the 884 number was forwarded? If so, would LE be able to determine that it was, and to whom it was forwarded?

I do wonder why LE are no longer putting out into the media that they are looking for witnesses who may have seen someone walking along the roads were Mackenzie's car was found. It seems like this piece of information would be very, very telling if they could get someone to come forward. It makes me wonder if they no longer need this info, if you catch my drift.

[respectfully snipped]

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths, orondo! Hopefully LE will get the break they need soon, and Mackenzie can get some well-deserved justice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23