Jaycee's Bio dad

She has no interest in meeting her brother and sisters? That's cold. You should allways know where you came from and where your blood is.

She has no interest in meeting her brother and sisters? That's cold. You should allways know where you came from and where your blood is.

Well, you have to realize that she has a lot on her plate right now, and while they may be related to her biologically, she (presumably) doesn't know them from Adam and Eve. I don't really think it's cold; I just think she's being very selective (understandably) about who she lets into her inner circle.

Also, I just want to point out that she said that she has no interest in meeting them right now, but that she may change her mind in the future. Her half-siblings are adults and should respect that.

Also, I just want to point out that she said that she has no interest in meeting them right now, but that she may change her mind in the future. Her half-siblings are adults and should respect that.

Her dad is in his 60s IIRC, maybe there isn't all that much time left. As far as her siblings are concerned, if she slams the door in their face now, she may find that it is locked for good when she decides she wants to open it. The quote was "does not wish to see Kenneth Slayton or his family, though she reserves the right to change her mind later". If a long lost sister told me that after I had reached out to her, I would tell her to stuff it if she "changed her mind later".

It wouldn't hurt to meet them. If she didnt like them she could go on her way, exchange cards at christmas, whatever, and not have much more to do with them. No damage done. But it is going to be hard to do that once you have insulted them, rejected them and hurt their feelings. It is a stupid thing to do, its burning bridges with people you personally shouldn't have a gripe with for no real reason other than to hurt them. It isn't her sisters fault, they probably didnt even know she existed before she ended up in Garrido's back yard, so why hurt them?

Well, you have to realize that she has a lot on her plate right now, and while they may be related to her biologically, she (presumably) doesn't know them from Adam and Eve. I don't really think it's cold; I just think she's being very selective (understandably) about who she lets into her inner circle.

That argument doesn't hold, Shayna was essentially a stranger to her as well, and they got along well enough once they met. Likewise Terry was a complete stranger to the two girls. I think those relationships would form naturally when blood relatives meet, but they have to meet first. IMO this whole thing is more about antagonism between Terry and Slayton, and Jaycee just does what she is told.

As far as her siblings are concerned, if she slams the door in their face now, she may find that it is locked for good when she decides she wants to open it.

That may be the case, but I hope it wouldn't come to that.

If a long lost sister told me that after I had reached out to her, I would tell her to stuff it if she "changed her mind later".

You would tell your sister who had unspeakable acts of sexual violence perpetrated against her for years on end to "stuff it" when she decided she was ready to let you into her life?

It wouldn't hurt to meet them.

Who knows what kind of emotions meeting them would stir up? We're talking about a woman who was seriously mistreated for eighteen years. I don't know her personally, but I can see how it could be difficult to let new people into her life. And like I wrote earlier, she has a lot on her plate right now. I'd imagine that meeting long-lost siblings could be highly emotional even under the best and easiest of circumstances, so can you imagine compounding that with all the other issues she has to deal with?

If she didnt like them she could go on her way, exchange cards at christmas, whatever, and not have much more to do with them. No damage done.

You don't think they'd be hurt even more if she rejected them after interacting with them?

It isn't her sisters fault, they probably didnt even know she existed before she ended up in Garrido's back yard, so why hurt them?

I agree that it's not their fault, but at the same time, I think they should respect the fact that she's not ready to meet them yet.

That argument doesn't hold, Shayna was essentially a stranger to her as well, and they got along well enough once they met.

But the thing is, that bond was there to begin with. Not only that, but Shayna was linked to her mom, so I can see how she'd be able to bond with her quite easily. On the other hand, the Slayton kids are linked inextricably to Slayton himself, and I suspect that that is at least part of the reason why she may not want to see them.

IMO this whole thing is more about antagonism between Terry and Slayton, and Jaycee just does what she is told.

See, I disagree. Imagine finding out that your dad was disinterested in you from day one? I don't know, but if I were in her shoes, I think I would have serious reservations about meeting him. I think a lot of people would resent a biological parent they've never met approaching them like that, holding a press conference with a high profile lawyer, and threatening legal action, don't you? And like I've said, we're talking about a woman who has seen the absolute worst in human nature. I can definitely see why she would be careful about who she lets into her heart.

She has no interest in meeting her brother and sisters? That's cold. You should always know where you came from and where your blood is.
Seems to me bio dad only became interested when her story became INTERNATIONAL.
JC is not a token for someone. She is a real live person.
He wanted nothing to do with her till it could become ADVANTAGIOUSE FOR HIM / THEM to know her.
IMHO she JC did the right thing, that is what I would have done, and that is what I had said as soon as he showed up on the seen with GA the barracuda Lawyer. I would never miss those kind of folks, and it is not cold at all for JC to put them all out of her family circle.
She knows where she came from, who he is and DNA as someone has said is not a link to need them in her life.
I believe hat if their door would be closed in the future it would be just fine with her. It would be even more telling about them not about her.

But the thing is, that bond was there to begin with. Not only that, but Shayna was linked to her mom, so I can see how she'd be able to bond with her quite easily. On the other hand, the Slayton kids are linked inextricably to Slayton himself, and I suspect that that is at least part of the reason why she may not want to see them.

See, I disagree. Imagine finding out that your dad was disinterested in you from day one? I don't know, but if I were in her shoes, I think I would have serious reservations about meeting him. I think a lot of people would resent a biological parent they've never met approaching them like that, holding a press conference with a high profile lawyer, and threatening legal action, don't you? And like I've said, we're talking about a woman who has seen the absolute worst in human nature. I can definitely see why she would be careful about who she lets into her heart.
ITA - I am also very suspicious of sleyton. he came out only after JC was found alive and it became an international Saga.
I think he had an agenda and nothing more.
I think that a famous case like that can stand to put his daughters in the lime light too, maybe get them opportunities as a result of being recognized, known. I definitely do not thing for one second that it had anything to do with LOVE of JC.
Live does not spring up one day when JC becomes famous :no: :no:
He did not even want to have anything to do with her DISAPEARANCE - now that is very cold.

I hope JC will have a book and a movie, and maybe even become well to do. I hope he eats his heart out. And I hope his children will wonder how he could have been so cold he was to JC. But will never benefit from anything that JC ac hives.

In my opinion Slayton's motives are totally selfish and probably motivated by greed and a desire to be noticed. He knew about Jaycee. He had 11 years to get to know her before she was kidnapped and WAS NOT INTERESTED. He was also not interested when she was kidnapped. Now suddenly he wants to be there. How about he pay some of that back child support with interest. :) Bet if that became an issue he would again disappear. Jaycee had apparently never met the man. However, Jaycee had met Shayna when Shayna was a baby. Held her, bonded with her, loved her.

Is there any evidence that the children of Slayton have reached out to Jaycee? Appears to me it is all him not his family. Any why show up day one with attorney. He did not hire that attorney for Jaycee, he hired that attorney for himself.

Maybe this is a sideways move just to get Jaycee's current address. Process server comes and suddenly her address is public knowledge. Ok in my opinion, Mr. Slayton is equivalent to a cat fish (bottom feeding scum sucker).

Anybody... anybody... ANYBODY... who has Gloria Alred as his attorney should be avoided like the plague.

At one of the earlier hearings, I sat in the front row to get a good look at the Garridos. As I waited, I looked to the right and saw that I was right next to Slayton and two seats away from Gloria. As I stated before, she must have been grateful when the Garridos came in because she was then only the third most evil person in the courtroom.

What kind of a man has an 11 year old child that he knows about and makes NO attempt to get to know this child? THAT'S COLD!!!

Jaycee has every right to not want anything to do with him and if she can get past being abandoned by her biological father one day that's her choice, she shouldn't be harshly judged for her feelings about her BF...

Should Jaycee also be sued by Garrido's extended family and forced to interact with relatives that share some DNA with her children? I think not!

You would tell your sister who had unspeakable acts of sexual violence perpetrated against her for years on end to "stuff it" when she decided she was ready to let you into her life?

If all that happened nine months ago, and I held out my arms to embrace her when it happened, then nine months later was told that she wanted nothing to do with me for no real reason other than that her mother didn't like my father, then yes, I would grant her her wish and lock the door. If she wanted to come back into my life after that she would have to rebuild the bridge she burned down and have a damned good reason

Who knows what kind of emotions meeting them would stir up? We're talking about a woman who was seriously mistreated for eighteen years. I don't know her personally, but I can see how it could be difficult to let new people into her life. And like I wrote earlier, she has a lot on her plate right now. I'd imagine that meeting long-lost siblings could be highly emotional even under the best and easiest of circumstances, so can you imagine compounding that with all the other issues she has to deal with?

You don't think they'd be hurt even more if she rejected them after interacting with them?

I agree that it's not their fault, but at the same time, I think they should respect the fact that she's not ready to meet them yet.

That was nine months ago, at some point you can't keep using that as a rationale not to move on. As far as your family is concerned you have to deal with them sooner or later, and the longer it takes the harder it is going to be. It is not like she doesn't know who these people are, they have been open about it and extended their hand. The other side have emotions too and they can be hurt as well, if she is thinking that maybe she might want to know them later then she is going to have to repair THAT damage first because it is being done now. When you start issueing public statements saying that you don't want to have anything to do with someone and their family you are going to significantly hurt their feelings and you have to know that you are doing it. Are there no adults advising her on these things? Or are all the adults around her engaged in the "war" against the other side of the family? I don't understand it. Adding the "reserves the right" to change your mind later bit is just plain insulting - that is the bit that really got me. Whoever crafted this statement needs to go back to PR school, it is aweful. There are much more tactful ways, diplomacy never hurts and it can save you unneccessary heartache down the road. In any case I don't see what the purpose of making a public statement like that is in the first place. What possible point could there be other than to burn bridges?

I have noticed a trend in the PR releases in general though, it is either a claim to be be unaware of what is happening or it is a confrontational statement drawing a line in the sand. There doesn't seem to be any effort to be diplomatic or pragmatic about things, which I find very strange.

Is there any evidence that the children of Slayton have reached out to Jaycee? Appears to me it is all him not his family. Any why show up day one with attorney. He did not hire that attorney for Jaycee, he hired that attorney for himself.

Yes they did. The two youngest daughters were on TV shortly after she was rediscovered all excited that about the possibility of meeting a sister they thought lost.

Which, btw, was before Gloria was hired IIRC. IMO she was hired after Slayton got stonewalled by LE and ignored by the Probyns. Given that, what was he supposed to do? If he did nothing he would continue to be ignored by those shielding Jaycee and would be accused of not caring. If he did do something he would be accused of forcing himself on her. Either way he gets damned.

I think he took the course he took because he has regrets about how the first part of Jaycee's life worked out and not being there for her, then she was gone and it was too late. Now, he is old and by some miracle has been given a second chance. He is going to be demonized no matter what he does, and he probably knows that, but at least this way when she looks back on her life in later years she is going to know that in the end her father cared enough to fight for her. Hiring Gloria and being public was the only way to make sure that message got through, because otherwise the other side of the family was going to filter it out.

Because, your family are the people most likely to help you when you need it, even the ones you barely know.

At least that is how it works in my family. I have something like 20 aunts and uncles (though most are dead now), roughly 50 cousins and god knows how many second cousins. And if I need assistance, a place to stay in a strange city, whatever, help is just a phonecall away in the extended family.

No, you are wrong, this is an inter-family fight, Jaycee is just the prize they are fighting for because she is the only thing they have in common. It is hard to say what she thinks about it but the conflict between the two families is going to make it difficult for her the reconcile in the future if she ever wants to. Of course the Probyns are going to win because possession is 9/10ths of the law, metaphorically speaking.

The only thing Jaycee would have known about Slayton is what her mother tells her, likewise with Shayna and the rest of the clan. It isn't really clear if Slayton really knew about her at all in the first 11 years, allthough he likely did know there was at the minimum a possibility but didnt push the matter due to his own maritial status.

I am sorry but I don't think the first thing a caring person does when they learn that their long estranged daughter, that they abandoned and did not give a d*****d about, is run out and get a lawyer to defend their parental rights. And if one really cares you don't add to the stress by adding yet another legal action when the first has yet to be resolved. He wants to be daddy now after all these years, fine, wait till everything has calmed down, camera and news people have left and then make a QUIET request to get into her life, not back into because he never was in it to begin with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back