Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
RGL theory/speculation.

Hi Guys, I would like to give a better explaination on the suicide link theory. I personally do not see this as a possibility, but as far as a 'tie' which might link it to Beths case, to avenge his death might be along these lines. OR this is the kind of link I am thinking of.

1)Does SB routinely represent clients in custody or divorce cases? Nothing we have found indicates that as of yet.

2)Casual relationships of someone knows someone who knows someone is not enough of a tie. For a possible tie to Beths case I am thinking along the lines of the fathers rights circle that RGL associated with prior to his death having similiar family court issues and who may have previously retained SB. That is a related to the case kind of tie. A friend of a friend who knows RGL's children who are friends of Beths is not enough of a tie to speculate they may be interested in disappearing Beth to avenge RGL's death.

Speculative theories are great but they have to be relative and more than wild imagination with some kind of facts found which can tie to the possibile theory being a reasonable one. Suggest it, sleuth it, and if facts can not be found to support the theory move onto other theories, or come back to it when supporting facts have been found.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cubby

Of course "Scott knows ask Scott" could simply mean LE told Scott what JWs' story to LE was whether JW's story is factual or not.

JMO

Or that RR's sister is just 'blindly' defending her brother and his friends.

Another thought on why I don't see the suicide avenge theory as a possibility. Attorneys don't make the final decision in family court cases, judges make that decision. It would make more sense if someone wanted revenge it would be directed at the judge making the decision as opposed to the attorney.

jmo

Another thing which has crossed my mind. IF what JW said about BB meeting a male friend, it is possible this male friend wanted more than BB wanted. Was forceful, wouldn't take no for an answer. Had a history of violence against women which neither BB, JW or any of their circle of friends was aware of. It is possible Beth came to harm via that route, especially with someone who may have chosen to kill her when she refused his advances if he had that history and would have faced serious prison time due to a prior record.

JMO

I think that there is alot more to this story.

In some pictures BB doesn't look happy, especially when she's dressed, in black, in front of the webcam.

I think JW probably told the police what was really going on. I have thought that JW was running a cover story for her friend and her friend had actually gone down there to meet a boyfriend.

Why isn't BB's husband in the media talking about her being missing? None of the attorneys that I know are shrinking violets and love to hear themselves talk. That is just weird to me. Unless he knows something we don't know...

The two oldest children are 18 and 21 (I think all three are BB's) I suppose they can be the ones getting the message out but dang...

Why is BB listed as "endangered missing"? Does that imply some physical or mental problem or does that just mean suspected abduction?

Usually, "endangered" in this case means that the missing person has either physical or mental health issues that put them at risk. It can be an older person, but it doesn't have to be. It could be a child with Down Syndrome. It could be a diabetic or heart patient without medication. It could be a person who, for whatever reason might be suicidal.

Endangered Missing Person Advisory
(Instructions)
CRITERIA
• The person is missing under unexplained or suspicious circumstances.
• The person is believed to be in danger because of age, health, mental or physical disability, environment,
weather conditions, or in the company of a potentially dangerous person of some other factor that may
expose the person to possible harm or injury.
• Public information is available that could assist in the safe recovery of the person.
• The circumstances do not fit the criteria of an AMBER Alert.
The “Endangered Missing Person Advisory” is a voluntary partnership between law enforcement and local
broadcasters for notifying the public about a missing and endangered person. The advisory is initiated by the
local law enforcement agency utilizing the criteria for an Endangered Missing Person as stated above.
Local law enforcement agencies must follow intra-departmental policy regarding the actual investigation
process of any endangered missing person which takes place within their jurisdiction.
I. PURPOSE
To rapidly disseminate information about a missing and endangered person to law enforcement
agencies, broadcasters, and the public.
II. PROCEDURES
Immediately enter the missing person information into the Law Enforcement Agencies Database System
(LEADS) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Be sure to cross reference others
involved, as well as vehicle information, if available.
After verifying the criteria, complete the “Endangered Missing Person Advisory” available on the
Illinois AMBER Alert Task Force website at www.amberillinois.org or the Illinois State Police (ISP)
website at www.isp.state.il.us, and fax to Illinois State Police (ISP) District of occurrence for
distribution to the media and other approved public outlets wishing to receive notification.
If appropriate, an ISPERN message should be coordinated through the ISP District of occurrence.
Additionally, information should be disseminated to other law enforcement agencies via a
LEADS/NLETS broadcast message by the requesting agency.
III. ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
These resources are available to assist in the location and recovery of missing persons. Please consider
contacting them for additional assistance.
Illinois State Police Zone Investigations – contact ISP District of occurrence.
STIC/Clearinghouse for Missing Persons – 1-800-843-5763
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children – 1-800-843-5678
National Center for Missing Adults – 1-800-690-3463
A Child is Missing – 1-888-875-2246
The National Runaway Switchboard – 1-800-786-2929
IV. SUMMARY
The “Endangered Missing Person Advisory” provides yet another valuable tool for law enforcement
agencies to protect the citizens of Illinois.

link: http://www.amberillinois.org/PDF/Endangered-Missing-Person-Advisory.pdf

LE has advised SB to keep JW in his office working for now, as they say "keep your friends close & your enemies closer".

or it could be she could sue him for wrongful termination if he was to terminate her employment when she hasn't been proven to have committed a crime or done anything wrong.

And yet another thought.......... I keep going over the possibilities in this case.

If Beth was unhappy in her marriage and chose to leave on her own accord, it was so close to the school year ending, why wouldn't she wait until school was dismissed and leave with at least her 10 year old? The older two are adults and could have made their own choice on where they wished to love - even if neither is self supporting as of yet.

It makes no sense to me that BB would leave willingly, not wait another 2-3 weeks until school let out for the summer and left with her 10 yr old. That is why I do not believe she is willingly missing.

:(

Where are you Beth? We know you want to be found.
Please help us find you!

Where is everyone leaning in this case? Do you believe Beth is still alive and possibly injured or being held against her will? Or do you believe she is no longer with us?

Sadly, as much as I wish I didn't I believe she is no longer with us. I think if she was, she would have made contact with someone by now.

I just pray she is found.

Where is everyone leaning in this case? Do you believe Beth is still alive and possibly injured or being held against her will? Or do you believe she is no longer with us?

Sadly, as much as I wish I didn't I believe she is no longer with us. I think if she was, she would have made contact with someone by now.

I just pray she is found.

I believe she is no longer with us. I too feel she would have made contact with someone.

I believe she went to meet an unsub/boyfriend and something awful happend. I don't think she is with us anymore.

I wonder if the "boyfriend" is someone she met over the internet. If it is that may explain JW's lack of answers.

The person could have told BB lies about who he was and where he lived. JW would then just know what BB told her even if it was lies.

I think she met a man there, and Jenn was her cover. Agreed that something awful has happened. Sadly, I think she is no longer with us as well. I hope they find her soon too.

why does everyone speculate that is was a MAN that may have hurt her??

I hope it isn't true, but believe she is no longer with us and that there was foul play, in which those she trusted have betrayed her.

RGL theory/speculation.

Hi Guys, I would like to give a better explaination on the suicide link theory. I personally do not see this as a possibility, but as far as a 'tie' which might link it to Beths case, to avenge his death might be along these lines. OR this is the kind of link I am thinking of.

1)Does SB routinely represent clients in custody or divorce cases? Nothing we have found indicates that as of yet.

2)Casual relationships of someone knows someone who knows someone is not enough of a tie. For a possible tie to Beths case I am thinking along the lines of the fathers rights circle that RGL associated with prior to his death having similiar family court issues and who may have previously retained SB. That is a related to the case kind of tie. A friend of a friend who knows RGL's children who are friends of Beths is not enough of a tie to speculate they may be interested in disappearing Beth to avenge RGL's death.

Speculative theories are great but they have to be relative and more than wild imagination with some kind of facts found which can tie to the possibile theory being a reasonable one. Suggest it, sleuth it, and if facts can not be found to support the theory move onto other theories, or come back to it when supporting facts have been found.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cubby

1) He represented RL in his custody case.

2)It is not a casual relationship. Found something very disturbing that was reported to LE yesterday. More than close is an understatement.

-- Regardless, I would not be convinced this is the factor in BB disappearance, just so happens what was found was extremely disturbing and noteworthy. Just so happens this person is DIRECTLY tied to RL kids.

Cubby, I would be more than happy to explain.. can I use initials to explain this?? As this person as not be named in media but his family has. TIA!!!

Another thought on why I don't see the suicide avenge theory as a possibility. Attorneys don't make the final decision in family court cases, judges make that decision. It would make more sense if someone wanted revenge it would be directed at the judge making the decision as opposed to the attorney.

jmo

Your correct and I agree with you generally speaking. However, the report states that SB partner ripped him out of 5,000 that was supposed to be refunded if the case went a certain direction. Heck Cubby, you know the devil is in the details ;) RL also wrote how he trusted SB with allowing his partner to take the case.. which is partner is no longer with the firm yet the name stands..

Another thing which has crossed my mind. IF what JW said about BB meeting a male friend, it is possible this male friend wanted more than BB wanted. Was forceful, wouldn't take no for an answer. Had a history of violence against women which neither BB, JW or any of their circle of friends was aware of. It is possible Beth came to harm via that route, especially with someone who may have chosen to kill her when she refused his advances if he had that history and would have faced serious prison time due to a prior record.

JMO

BBM!

DING DING and with YOUR blessing Cubby, I would LOVE to explain what we found yesterday if we can use initials!!! As THIS person we found... has exactly what I bolded above!!!

I think that there is alot more to this story.

In some pictures BB doesn't look happy, especially when she's dressed, in black, in front of the webcam.

I think JW probably told the police what was really going on. I have thought that JW was running a cover story for her friend and her friend had actually gone down there to meet a boyfriend.

Why isn't BB's husband in the media talking about her being missing? None of the attorneys that I know are shrinking violets and love to hear themselves talk. That is just weird to me. Unless he knows something we don't know...

The two oldest children are 18 and 21 (I think all three are BB's) I suppose they can be the ones getting the message out but dang...

Why is BB listed as "endangered missing"? Does that imply some physical or mental problem or does that just mean suspected abduction?

Why is that half of us here have contacted TES ... and the family has to yet.. though I am waiting on confirmation to see if they have today :waitasec:

or it could be she could sue him for wrongful termination if he was to terminate her employment when she hasn't been proven to have committed a crime or done anything wrong.

Illinois is an "at will" state.. no retribution. SB could easily say his wife being missing is hurting his business and needs to downsize.. or because it's "at will" he doesn't need to say anything at all.

And yet another thought.......... I keep going over the possibilities in this case.

If Beth was unhappy in her marriage and chose to leave on her own accord, it was so close to the school year ending, why wouldn't she wait until school was dismissed and leave with at least her 10 year old? The older two are adults and could have made their own choice on where they wished to love - even if neither is self supporting as of yet.

It makes no sense to me that BB would leave willingly, not wait another 2-3 weeks until school let out for the summer and left with her 10 yr old. That is why I do not believe she is willingly missing.

:(

Where are you Beth? We know you want to be found.
Please help us find you!

I have struggled with this as well. However, I find it strange her adult child/children are not her friends on face book. That is unless they didn't want to look at the pics of their mother.

I can think of many different reasons but for now do not want to speculate or cause undue rumors from ideas floating through my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288