WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another story about the new leads, with video. They also show new footage of the CB location, and closeups of that pink spray paint trail leading down to the beach. Very interesting. http://videos.wittysparks.com/id/983235644
That is a very interesting video and report..Thank You, queenqwong If you have Real Player on your computer, you can right-click on the video and save it.

Originally Posted by queenqwong View Post
Here's another story about the new leads, with video. They also show new footage of the CB location, and closeups of that pink spray paint trail leading down to the beach. Very interesting. http://videos.wittysparks.com/id/983235644

Snipped from the KOMO article:

Then last month, police received a tip. They were told to look above the place where Cowell's body was found, go down a dirt road.

Investigators visited the spot on June 13 and combed the area. They found something of interest, and sent the unidentified object to the state crime lab.

And apparently, they also found a reason to talk to several people, whom they questioned last week. Detectives said those questioned hadn't come forward; the tip led police to them.

"They are people who obviously came up in our investigation," said Capt. Doug Hones, spokesman of the task force. "We are not going to call them persons of interest yet. We are interested in what they know, whether they were witnesses or were involved in her killing. But at this point, we just want to go talk to them."

More at link
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96694164.html

[bbm/ubm]

wow, could it be, could it be, could it possibly be???

please let this be solid

that's a pretty strong statement IMO

The pink spray paint trail (maybe it was more orange?) I was referencing was shown in photos posted by someone on an older thread. I really can't recall who posted them, but the trail seemed to have been marked by police. It looked as though it started from the drive way and lead to the bushes before the shoreline. I believe some of us were speculating that it could have been the path that the killer(s) took.

The pink spray paint trail (maybe it was more orange?) I was referencing was shown in photos posted by someone on an older thread. I really can't recall who posted them, but the trail seemed to have been marked by police. It looked as though it started from the drive way and lead to the bushes before the shoreline. I believe some of us were speculating that it could have been the path that the killer(s) took.

If I remember correctly there were two marks that were bright colors. There were several spray paint marks in one area. I am not sure if we really made any sense of what they were or why they were in the area. The other one was a long strip of what looked like marking tape. I believe it was in the water near the beach.

One photo is Google Earth, showing dirt roads near the main road. One seems to come from the 156 CB rd. house. The other photo shows what looks like red crime marker tape. I wonder if that's the route the killers tookdirt roads.jpg

087.jpg

I tried to save photos from older threads but missed many. These show a yellow streak on the grass plus the "mysterious" letters that were noticed at the time Mac's body was found.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 23578_100155663358018_100000907531613_1332_4451358_n.jpg
    23578_100155663358018_100000907531613_1332_4451358_n.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 65
This is from a KOMO report
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96694164.html:".....Then last month, police received a tip. They were told to look above the place where Cowell's body was found, go down a dirt road.

Investigators visited the spot on June 13 and combed the area. They found something of interest, and sent the unidentified object to the state crime lab."

This is from a KOMO report
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96694164.html:".....Then last month, police received a tip. They were told to look above the place where Cowell's body was found, go down a dirt road.

Investigators visited the spot on June 13 and combed the area. They found something of interest, and sent the unidentified object to the state crime lab."

I wonder if the 'unidentified object' includes DNA-source material and / or 'digital data' ... a crushed phone, perhaps?

There is a dirt road that turn off just before the big turn off area. You can access it from the main road. You also can see it from the main road, but it is not very big however you can drive down it but it leads to a dead end. From there it looks like a motorbike trail that leads to the big turn off area to your right.

It is so helpful to have insights from those who have been to the locations being discussed. Thx YOJO

I just found this photo of Mackenzie with the Applettes dance team; beautiful and having fun, as she should be today. (Back Row on left)

Attachments

• 35789_103245123059972_100001234539877_17925_5739814_n.jpg
    35789_103245123059972_100001234539877_17925_5739814_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 163
I just found this photo of Mackenzie with the Applettes dance team; beautiful and having fun, as she should be today. (Back Row on left)

Can i ask where you found this photo? I would like to see more.

I believe I did a Google search for "Appletes Dance Team". You might also try on UTUBE. Once in awhile I find a really nice one.

really noisyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RabtW6Pn95k

can you link that photo and is her name attached to the photo?

I ask b/c that does not look like her to me

I tried to save photos from older threads but missed many. These show a yellow streak on the grass plus the "mysterious" letters that were noticed at the time Mac's body was found.

mysterious letters? :waitasec:

I know it's only been a few days since LE made the statement about talking to potential witnesses but I really thought we'd see an arrest soon after.

I have a gut feel that they're on the right track and I'm getting impatient. C'mon LE - break those 'witnesses' down!

can you link that photo and is her name attached to the photo?

I ask b/c that does not look like her to me
It looked like Mac to me, maybe not I don't have anyway to be sure. ..In checking, the photo is from a minor's social networking site so, I cannot link to it. If you know the names of the other danceteam members you could look on their pages. , One has many photos posted. In respect for TOS that's all I will say

It looked like Mac to me, maybe not I don't have anyway to be sure. ..In checking, the photo is from a minor's social networking site so, I cannot link to it. If you know the names of the other danceteam members you could look on their pages. , One has many photos posted. In respect for TOS that's all I will say

Back row, second from the left. Definitely her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes