Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a scenario in my mind, where LE makes dibs on their time, and by doing that leaves them having to just reschedule everything into next week and come up with something for the press. I have a hard time thinking they've done the case any harm, when it gets on Nightline, Today, and all the rest.

IMO they've done a superb job on getting attention but I'd guess they don't like the part of it that is on them. I don't think people are going to look at these parents and in any way forget why they're in front of the cameras.

My problem with desiree' is how she's talking like Kyron lived with her. She said she misses the sound of him breathing, leaving his bed unmade.... These are things a full-time parent may feel but if you only see your child a couple days a month.... I doubt it. It really ticks me off when she talks like she didn't trust TH before Kyron disappeared, WTH?

My problem with desiree' is how she talking llike Kyron lived with her. She said she misses the sound of him breathing, leaving his bed unmade.... These are things a full-time parent may feel but if you only see your child a couple days a month.... I doubt it. It really ticks me off when she talks like she didn't trust TH before Kyron disappeared, WTH?

I was a step-mom to a boy whose mother had primary custody. We spent every other weekend with him plus most holidays and summer vacation. I missed him very much when he was gone! He had his own bed, dresser, clothes, and toys with us and I was often sad without him home and I wasn't even his bio-parent. Because of my experience, her comments don't surprise me at all.

Hmmm did they go 'off brief' in the last presser by answering too many questions, or do we take this at face value? Maybe the profilers think that by withdrawing somewhat they will draw Terri out? Or is something afoot? ..... Oh not too keen on the selling t-shirts and bracelets really, but if its the only way to get the funds they need for the searches then I understand why they would need to. Hope something breaks in this case soon.

I agree with your entire post, Mrs G Norris, even down to the not being too keen on selling the bracelets and t-shirts. I would rather see them ask for businesses to donate supplies for any searches, t-shirts, and flyers. It would be tax deductible for the businesses. I just do not want to see another 'selling' get out of hand like some have, and it turn INTO a business.

We have been getting more information from Desiree and Kaine lately. What is now afoot is probably Terri's lawyer telling them to cease and desist from calling her a liar (on national TV and in print) and saying she failed two polygraphs. LE is not saying this and have issued no public statements concerning Terri's alledgedly having failed them ( and walked out during one). I believe Terri's lawyer threatening a law suit is probably exactly what is shaking right now.

I also want to add that I believe everything Desiree and Kaine have stated concerning Terri. I looked at the video of Terri and the woman in the parking garage several times, and it does appear to me that Terri is at first literally cowering behind that woman. Now she is going to have to appear in court concerning the hearing where Kaine is petitioning to have her move out of the home. She doesn't even want to be looked at in public so I wonder how she will do in court.

Terri needs to go to LE and tell everything she knows. I know this will not happen, but Kyron, Desiree, and Kaine deserve it. This needs to end TODAY!

JMO

Over the weekend, each time HLN covered the Kyron story, it was noted that Natisha Lance's entire interview with Kaine & Desiree would be featured on NG tonight. Evidently, only snippets have been shown to date. I wonder if the interview will still be shown on NG's show tonight?

I wonder if this means that LE's progress might be so quick this week they (KH and DY) might not be able to keep up well enough to speak authoritatively on the case (which, in some ways, they can't, anyway, since they are not investigators, IMO).

But, in general, I think this is a wise decision, as I will say simply that my impressions of the presser the other day was likely the opposite of what they had hoped for, and quite different from my co-posters. It's likely best if they get some good, professional advice on PR and stick to that.

As to selling bracelets and t-shirts, I am not pleased either, but you have to do what you have to do, so I will not hold it against them. Searches require funds. BUT I'd love to see a big company or two step up with some sponsorship (or a whole whack of small businesses in the area - or a bit of both), if they haven't already, so the parents don't have to deal with "merchandise."

Funny how a statement can make you very optimistic and pessimistic in the space of a few lines.
Busy with LE: great, they're expecting progress
Selling t-shirts: guess not...

Funny how a statement can make you very optimistic and pessimistic in the space of a few lines.
Busy with LE: great, they're expecting progress
Selling t-shirts: guess not...

I know! So frustrating! "Hey, it might be over soon... maybe?... but they look like they are preparing for the long haul... WTH?" :waitasec:

ARGH!

My problem with desiree' is how she's talking like Kyron lived with her. She said she misses the sound of him breathing, leaving his bed unmade.... These are things a full-time parent may feel but if you only see your child a couple days a month.... I doubt it. It really ticks me off when she talks like she didn't trust TH before Kyron disappeared, WTH?

I agree. Also I don't think ot's been stated as a fact that he even did go every other weekend. (but I amy have missed that)

look im usually mr negatie here but what is the big deal with the tshirts and bracelets? no one had a problem when they did this stuff for missing kids 25 years ago.

As a non-custodial parent (when my kids were younger), I take issue with this statement! I saw my kids as often as I could and I was a parent 100% of the time! My caring for them and about them did not stop when they were at their Dad's. If one of my children was missing, I would miss every little thing about them, including their breathing. I always missed them when they were not with me.

It may not agree with DY telling the public everything she feels about Terri but FGS her child is missing, most likely at Terri's hand. She's entitled to do and say whatever it takes if, as his mother, she feels it's for the good of finding Kyron.

jmo

look im usually mr negatie here but what is the big deal with the tshirts and bracelets? no one had a problem when they did this stuff for missing kids 25 years ago.

I have to agree with you.

Another thing is getting his face out there on a shirt or remembering his name on a bracelet can keep him in everyones mind.

I almost feel mean saying this, but I totally agree with you. The unmade bed seems to me to be most specious as he last stayed with her 2 weeks before he disappeared, right?

I don't know whether TH had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. I think most people seem to believe she did.

If she actually did not, Kyron's absence would have the most impact on her, as his primary caregiver for most of his life.

I don't doubt DY's love for her son, however a weekend every couple weeks is substantially less contact and less responsibility than living full time with his SM. She is the one saw to his daily, mundane routine, not DY.

Looks as if they are going to be busy, hang in there D and K, may god give you the strength to get through this most devastating time in your life and may Kyron be brought home soon

I have to agree with you.

Another thing is getting his face out there on a shirt or remembering his name on a bracelet can keep him in everyones mind.

exactly.

last summer i remember reading a comment from someone who vacationed in south lake tahoe in 1992 or around. she became intrested in jaycee's case, and bought a t-shirt with her missing poster on it. she promised she'd wear it occasionally until jaycee was found.

the years and decades passed, the picture and the shirt faded, but she still wore it. people would occastionally ask her on the street 'has she been found yet?"

just keep it out there so no one forgets.

I agree, kind of. I totally do not blame parents for this kind of thing to help manage the costs, and it is good for getting publicity out there... but I just really wish the family didn't have to resort to this.

Merchandising is just... I don't know. I'm not speaking ill of the family for this choice. I just wish it didn't have to come to this, if that makes sense.

I agree, kind of. I totally do not blame parents for this kind of thing to help manage the costs, and it is good for getting publicity out there... but I just really wish the family didn't have to resort to this.

Merchandising is just... I don't know. I'm not speaking ill of the family for this choice. I just wish it didn't have to come to this, if that makes sense.

desperate times, desperate measures :)

I agree with your entire post, Mrs G Norris, even down to the not being too keen on selling the bracelets and t-shirts. I would rather see them ask for businesses to donate supplies for any searches, t-shirts, and flyers. It would be tax deductible for the businesses. I just do not want to see another 'selling' get out of hand like some have, and it turn INTO a business.

SBM

I can't imagine that KH, DY or TH is working as usual. I figure they have all the normal costs of living, including mortgages, car payments, utilities, food, etc, plus costs associated with the search, like increased cell bills, eating out due to lack of time to prepare food, all three are living away from their homes right now, even just stuff like increased gas costs due to driving more than usual. Their expenses for the last month could easily be double or triple their normal expenses.

No matter how understanding their employers are, there are bound to be limits on that understanding-ness. I'd be totally stunned if any of the employers involved gave them huge bonuses to cover their increased expenses. I figure that their employers probably are letting them take all their personal time, maybe also allowing co-workers to donate personal time to them. That would be considered generous by most people's standards.

As KH said, he wants Kyron to come home to his real home. That seems like a very reasonable wish to me. DY has another son to consider as well.

I hugely doubt they would get rich off T-shirt and bracelet sales. I'm hoping they can make enough to keep the publicity going.

I thought from Desiree's remarks about Kyron's room at her home that she had probably turned his bed down for that Friday night, since they would getting back there late, not that she never made it from last time he was there. And that it is probably still turned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member