Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not putting any one person on the spot to answer this, nor am I directed this at anyone in particular, but...

why the negative reaction to Desiree regarding the press conferences? I thought she came across as honest and sincere.

What did I miss? What are others takes on this? From people who had a somewhat negative reaction to her, I mean.

I am not putting any one person on the spot to answer this, nor am I directed this at anyone in particular, but...

why the negative reaction to Desiree regarding the press conferences? I thought she came across as honest and sincere.

What did I miss? What are others takes on this? From people who had a somewhat negative reaction to her, I mean.

smart things just calmed down :)

Unfortunately, we don't know how much or little TH is missing Kyron, having not heard a peep from her. I believe she was instructed by LE to remain silent and then she became an unnamed but very identifiable POI in the case. At that point she had no option but to remain silent.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not a champion of child abusers or killers. I simply do not know what to believe of the miniscule amount of "evidence" that has been leaked. I do know that if she is indeed innocent, she has been terribly wronged, first by LE and now by her husband and the woman whose child she willingly raised from infancy.

All I hope and pray for, is the safe return of this little guy, to those who love him. I know that's what all of us want.

Actually IF shes innocent its no ones fault but her own. SHE is the one who walks away from lie detectors and doesnt want to cooperate to clear herself.

And from the video last week...she looked in one heck of a better shape than Kyrons parents...which is weird when a child she has raised a from a young age is missing...

JMO

I am really sorry I even said anything about the t-shirts and bracelets.

I'll whip myself it will help.

WhyaDuck, I said something about the t-shirts and bracelets as well. What I stated was that I hope it doesn't turn into a business and I really hope it doesn't. I meant no disrespect at all.

I want Kyron found as badly as anyone. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I have come to love the little guy. For me, Kyron is who it is all about.

Your posts are great.

I must admit my reaction to Desiree was ambivalent.

First of all I had/and have great sympathy for her loss. She seems to have loved Kyron very much and that love is there regardless if she saw him every minute of every day. I admired her courage greatly.

But the interviews progressed and I began to waver. Desiree started to come across to me as someone who disliked Terri from day one and was finally able to say so. I think her comments are coloured by this dislike and that made me start to question the absolute statements that she was making.

For one example..She commented on Terri's being concerned with her hair but Desiree herself looks well turned out for these interviews. She seemed to indicate that Terri should be too upset to worry about her appearance, if she really cared about Kyron. However, Desiree looks much better now than the first presser I saw in the media. I find this confusing.

I am not being mean to a parent of a missing child, just trying to explain why I found Desiree's manner confusing and was perhaps not as receptive to her as some people seemed to be.

Actually IF shes innocent its no ones fault but her own. SHE is the one who walks away from lie detectors and doesnt want to cooperate to clear herself.
And from the video last week...she looked in one heck of a better shape than Kyrons parents...which is weird when a child she has raised a from a young age is missing...

JMO

I think those statements made by DY and KN may have been part of the problem for LE. DY and KN say that she isn't cooperating and then LE issued a statement saying she was. The media was probably hounding LE each time those type statements were made by the two of them...IMO.

I do have a question tho...

In all my reading on this case I have never come across the info of how Kaine had custody for years.

I did read that Kaine acquired custody when Desiree went out of the country because of her illness. Did the court decide this or was it by mutual agreement?

When Desiree returned why did custody stay with Terri and Kaine instead of reverting to Desiree and Tony or changing to shared/equal custody between the two families?

Were any of these arrangements ordered by the court or did the families decide Kyron's living arrangements by themselves? :waitasec:

Thank you, Paintr.

I was just so surprised at any negative reaction, because my own reaction to Desiree was so positive. But, that doesn't mean I'm always right, either. Often times it just means I've missed something, I find!

I like to hear all sides of an issue, and I love to hear other people's reactions to what they see and hear.

Anyone want to give your impressions of Desiree at her last couple of media appearances? I would really like to hear them.

And, do you think it is a good thing that she will not be making anymore for awhile?

Thank you for responding to me!

Thank you, Paintr.

I was just so surprised at any negative reaction, because my own reaction to Desiree was so positive. But, that doesn't mean I'm always right, either. Often times it just means I've missed something, I find!

I like to hear all sides of an issue, and I love to hear other people's reactions to what they see and hear.

Anyone want to give your impressions of Desiree at her last couple of media appearances? I would really like to hear them.

And, do you think it is a good thing that she will not be making anymore for awhile?

Thank you for responding to me!

No problem, Smart. I guess I am still trying to straighten this out in my own head and it helps to read everyone else's opinions.

One other thing that bothered me about Desiree's comments. She indicated that as soon as she heard that Kyron was missing, her first reaction was that Terri better not have hurt her son or words to that affect. Now did Desiree always believe that Terri was not good for Kyron? Did she think that Terri was capeable of harming Kyron. If so, why wasn't Desiree petitioning the court to remove Kyron from Terri's care?

I do think that Desiree is reacting from her grief and anguish and so is Kaine. That is why I find myself regarding their appearances with sympathy rather than accepting everything they say as absolute truth.

Did any of that make sense? Did I mention that I was puzzled by their behaviour? :waitasec:

Unfortunately, we don't know how much or little TH is missing Kyron, having not heard a peep from her. I believe she was instructed by LE to remain silent and then she became an unnamed but very identifiable POI in the case. At that point she had no option but to remain silent.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not a champion of child abusers or killers. I simply do not know what to believe of the miniscule amount of "evidence" that has been leaked. I do know that if she is indeed innocent, she has been terribly wronged, first by LE and now by her husband and the woman whose child she willingly raised from infancy.

All I hope and pray for, is the safe return of this little guy, to those who love him. I know that's what all of us want.

She was? When was this?

And I just find it in bad taste to try and trash Desiree for explaining how much she misses Kyron as if she's was an absentee mom trying to look like a big victim now. At least that's the way your first post came across to me.

I have no idea, and I agree with you.

In fairness though, the majority of the posts/comments I've read here and other places seem to support Desiree and feel for her. I guess she went in on TH a little at the last couple of pressers, and it didn't sit well with some. I can see why, especially people who are still on the fence.

Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Everyone has made mistakes. Blended families and co-parenting are difficult at best. I don't know many mothers/stepmothers who are great friends or who just love each other to pieces. At best, they put aside their differences for the sake of the kids, and at worst they are openly hostile with the children caught in the middle.

IMHO, Desiree and Kaine gave conflicting information and, at times, misleading information. They proclaimed Terri was uncooperative, but when asked to clarify, Desiree said Terri was uncooperative because she hadn't confessed to her role in Kyron's disappearance. LE stated that Terri was cooperative, though, and LE also stated that the information from DY and KH's pressers wasn't coming from them. I don't believe all of this is psychological warfare on Terri, but that's just IMHO.

Then, when Desiree talked about having an instinct right away, and that she's wanted to say things to Terri for many years, and that Terri is a liar, etc., she seemed somewhat vindictive to me, because at other times Desiree and Kaine said they were blindsided by this, and that the parents had had a good working relationship with regard to the children. As I watched the pressers, and the Q&As afterward, it was less about Kyron's welfare and more about Desiree's personal dislike of Terri.

Honestly, ultimately, it seemed petty to me, and a lot of the information was contradictory. In times like these, parents want someone to blame. Maybe Terri is guilty, or maybe Desiree has never liked Terri, has been jealous of Terri's role in Kyron's life, and she's the nearest target. Who knows, but IMHO, dragging skeletons out of the closet and putting them on display was creating a soap opera and taking the focus off Kyron and putting it on Terri. Also, I do not think they were holding these pressers or Q&A sessions with the blessing of the local LE (re: the statement LE released).

Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Everyone has made mistakes. Blended families and co-parenting are difficult at best. I don't know many mothers/stepmothers who are great friends or who just love each other to pieces. At best, they put aside their differences for the sake of the kids, and at worst they are openly hostile with the children caught in the middle.

IMHO, Desiree and Kaine gave conflicting information and, at times, misleading information. They proclaimed Terri was uncooperative, but when asked to clarify, Desiree said Terri was uncooperative because she hadn't confessed to her role in Kyron's disappearance. LE stated that Terri was cooperative, though, and LE also stated that the information from DY and KH's pressers wasn't coming from them. I don't believe all of this is psychological warfare on Terri, but that's just IMHO.

Then, when Desiree talked about having an instinct right away, and that she's wanted to say things to Terri for many years, and that Terri is a liar, etc., she seemed somewhat vindictive to me, because at other times Desiree and Kaine said they were blindsided by this, and that the parents had had a good working relationship with regard to the children. As I watched the pressers, and the Q&As afterward, it was less about Kyron's welfare and more about Desiree's personal dislike of Terri.

Honestly, ultimately, it seemed petty to me, and a lot of the information was contradictory. In times like these, parents want someone to blame. Maybe Terri is guilty, or maybe Desiree has never liked Terri, has been jealous of Terri's role in Kyron's life, and she's the nearest target. Who knows, but IMHO, dragging skeletons out of the closet and putting them on display was creating a soap opera and taking the focus off Kyron and putting it on Terri. Also, I do not think they were holding these pressers or Q&A sessions with the blessing of the local LE (re: the statement LE released).

cypress, I read a lot of comments on the net that indicated that the posters believed that Kaine and Desiree were speaking with the blessing of LE in some elaborate plot to trap Terri. I find it difficult to believe that LE set this up. LE has stated that the whole family is co operating.

If any of what Kaine and Desiree had to say about Terri was true, that she wouldn't tell the truth about her whereabouts, failed polygraphs, walked out of them, phased out of the familial efforts to aid the search, etc., "cooperative" begins to mean incredibly little, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie