WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I suspect a random kidnap and rape attempt, and the perp was surprised by MC, that she was just too strong and forceful and wouldn't allow it. Hence the elevated attack and result.

I would like to think the perp was damaged in some finite way, perhaps a Cheerleader's Kick to the tiny b@lls hanging between the perps spindle legs"

This doesn't really seem logical considering the fact it was reported that no sexual assault occured.

"I suspect a random kidnap and rape attempt, and the perp was surprised by MC, that she was just too strong and forceful and wouldn't allow it. Hence the elevated attack and result.

I would like to think the perp was damaged in some finite way, perhaps a Cheerleader's Kick to the tiny b@lls hanging between the perps spindle legs"

This doesn't really seem logical considering the fact it was reported that no sexual assault occured.

It does make sense. MC fought back hard, and stopped the perp to the point of anger and then murder. The perp was so enraged that the intent switched from rape to murder.

Of course It was the mention that a knife from a set had been left on the beach that made me wonder what that knife might have looked like. I had no intent to imply the links were of identical iterms. Only, perhaps, similar. As a total non outdoor/hunter type person I didn't have a clue what these knives would look like/ or be used for. I didn't realize the case counted too. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think they are deliberately with holding which knife it is. It seems they only reluctantly released the type of knife set it came from.

I suspect:

... LE located a murder weapon / knife at the hairpin turnout or MC recovery site location in Crescent Bar.

... reports from previous weeks indicated LE was to interview witnesses and / or potential suspects.

... LE obtained receipts and prize-winner vouchers pointing to those who had purchased or were awarded the knife set ... probably the interviewees.

... those interviews led to dead ends .. so now we have pictures of a knife set.

A hunter's purchase or win?
A homeowner's purchase or win?
Or, a murder's purchase or win?
A local or travelling murderer?

Does anyone suspect the perp had returned to the scene(s) of the crime in search of the murder weapon he originally thought he had retrieved with him the date of the crime? When did he discover he no longer had the knife, that it dropped somewhere during the struggle or getaway?

There was a member of this forum who arrived to and traversed the MC recovery site not long after the discovery and before a few others even dared approach onto the scene, and searched and snapped phtographs of the area.

That person reported to having had been interviewed because he contacted LE and notified them he had remained certain 'camping' or 'hunting' or other items on the recovery site property months previous to the discovery.

He also is a hunter. Perhaps he and some of his hunter-friends could join heads and think of who might own such a knife set?

I remember a former member of this forum who said he made quite a few trips to the area where Mackenzie Cowell's body was found;to 156 Crescent Bar Rd. and all the surrounding areas he could access, including the path to the beach and the beach itself. He took over 130 excellent photographs of these places and added commentary to some of them.I was especially interested in his several statements that Mackenzie's body was found in a location different(altho still in the general beach area) from what LE had said There are a number of thought provoking photos. There is one of what looks like a human femur lying in a small stream. Later he placed all his photos with his comments on facebook.

I may be wayyyy off, but is this the type of set a hunter/fisherman would buy OR is the type set someone would buy as a gift (Christmas, birthday) for a hunter/fisherman? If bought as a gift, the purchaser would not be the perp.

When I read "9 piece knife set", I keep wondering which is missing. The WW photo shows 7 knives. This old web return came up as from Lowes in Wenatchee also says 9:
http://www.wolfsongarchery.com/product/SKOD9 and a more up to date online ad offers 10:
http://www.bobwards.com/products2.cfm/ID/1242/c/fixed-blade-knife-hunting I didn't realize, at first that the sharpening stone counts as one "piece". It still doesn't add up.

Do the scissors maybe come apart? Thus a 9 piece set? I know that I have a pair of kitchen scissors like that that come apart so they are easier to clean... Just a thought.

Do the scissors maybe come apart? Thus a 9 piece set? I know that I have a pair of kitchen scissors like that that come apart so they are easier to clean... Just a thought.
It was brought to my attention that the case also counts as a "piece". Maybe LE had no concerns about allowing a photo to be released of the "type" of set from which a knife came that was used in Mackenzie's murder, because, only the killer knows which knife it is. I have formed the habit of checking the Chelan County Jail Inmate List every morning along with the news. Today, the website says "The Jail Population List is currently unavailable." I wonder if when there's an arrest in Mac's nurder, the suspects would be held locally?. I guess it would depend on which jurisdiction takes them down. Since Chelan and Douglas are working cooperatively, with FBI assistance occasionally,it could be any of those. See below:

SEE today's WW for An Editorial article on the recent knife article. In part:"

Secrecy shrouds Cowell case

* Post a comment
* Print
* Bookmark and Share

Wenatchee World Editorial Board

Saturday, July 17, 2010

It was all at once hopeful, puzzling and more than a bit frustrating when investigators in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case released information this week on the knife they say was used in the Wenatchee teen’s Feb. 13 slaying.

It is hopeful because the knife came from a set that was sold in a limited way in the Wenatchee area. It raises the strong possibility someone will recognize the knife set and help police identify a suspect.

It is puzzling that Sgt. Doug Jones said the knife information wasn’t released earlier because it might have prompted the killer to get rid of the rest of the set. We are led to believe the killer wouldn’t do so based solely on the fact he or she left a knife behind at a murder scene.

Jones later added that it also is important to withhold information known only to the killer. That, he said, helps them better assess the validity of tips.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jul/17/secrecy-shrouds-cowell-case/

Lastnight, I visited with a new friend; a grandmother, like myself. What my friend told me that her granddaughter said, I consider a rumor because I have no way to verify it. She told me her Granddaughter attended beautyschool the same time as Mac, but quit because of, she said, all the"gang activity" there. She said her Granddaughter told her Mac usually "hungout" with girls "like that" After that conversation, I remembered an odd thing: Mackenzie's body was found Saturday, February 13. I had an appt to get my hair done the following Monday, the 15th. On Sunday, someone from the beautyschool called me to reschedule my appt. because they were going to be closed Monday. I went in on Tuesday. I asked the person who was to do my hair if they had all been interviewed by the police. She said, " They came here, but we closed the drapes and went into the back." I thought that was very strange.

Wow! For the second day in a row, the Chelan County inmate list is "unavailable" I hope it's because Mac's murderer is behind bars

I am sure you are right about the county website/server/database possible issues.
A former memberwho visited the scene where Mackenzie's body was found, felt she was found in a slightly different location, in the same general area. This is the photo he took of the spot he felt she was actually found. His note on the photo says, "Location of MC's body"

Attachments

• where the former wser said mac was found.jpg
    where the former wser said mac was found.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 66
I have been thinking about the glass found in MCs car; in the kitchen, and if I'm not mistaken, in MCs hair. What if the glass is connected to the murder site but not the "kitchen"? In other words, what if MC was murdered some place where broken glass would be common place, such as a place people gather to party, along a roadway or in a parking lot? Then during her murder her hair picked up some glass as did the shoes of the murderer. The glass is transferred to the car by the murderer's shoes and to the kitchen by either his/her shoes or MCs hair. That one piece of glass could be the link to the murder site.

Of course, I am thinking of an outdoor site (not randomly chosen) which may not be a practical scenario considering the murder occurred in mid-February. Still, is it possible that there could be such an outdoor place in the area between Wenatchee and Crescent Bar that someone would go to in mid-February?

I have been thinking about the glass found in MCs car; in the kitchen, and if I'm not mistaken, in MCs hair. What if the glass is connected to the murder site but not the "kitchen"? In other words, what if MC was murdered some place where broken glass would be common place, such as a place people gather to party, along a roadway or in a parking lot? Then during her murder her hair picked up some glass as did the shoes of the murderer. The glass is transferred to the car by the murderer's shoes and to the kitchen by either his/her shoes or MCs hair. That one piece of glass could be the link to the murder site.

Of course, I am thinking of an outdoor site (not randomly chosen) which may not be a practical scenario considering the murder occurred in mid-February. Still, is it possible that there could be such an outdoor place in the area between Wenatchee and Crescent Bar that someone would go to in mid-February?

I have not read any reports that indicate glass was found in MC's hair, and it is not clear if glass was actually retrieved from her car.

This is only inventory item I've seen referencing glass:
"13. unkn. # glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery"

That item is listed on the vehicle evidence retrieval form, dated 02/17/2010, 4 days after MC's body was recovered from the Crescent Bar property.

Is LE referring to the Crescent Bar house inside kitchen or outside patio counter or, is LE referring to the property where MC's vehicle was discovered?

Hmmmm ...

I have not read any reports that indicate glass was found in MC's hair, and it is not clear if glass was actually retrieved from her car.

This is only inventory item I've seen referencing glass:

That item is listed on the vehicle evidence retrieval form, dated 02/17/2010, 4 days after MC's body was recovered from the Crescent Bar property.

Is LE referring to the Crescent Bar house inside kitchen or outside patio counter or, is LE referring to the property where MC's vehicle was discovered?

Hmmmm ...
I think a big explanation is way past due about "kitchen@ home" telling whose kitchen, at which home. She spent time with both Mom and Dad, probably grandparents, too.

I think a big explanation is way past due about "kitchen@ home" telling whose kitchen, at which home. She spent time with both Mom and Dad, probably grandparents, too.

A typical translation:
  • LOI = Location Of Interest
  • Recovery = body recovery
LE might perceive the CB house as a LOI, suspecting the murder might have taken place within its walls.

I take it as they suspect the murderer hit MC on the head using a glass bottle, probably during a struggle.

I don't know where I got the idea there was glass in MCs hair, so please disregard my comment. It was a post on the WW that prompted my post on the glass in the car. See below:

girlfawkes (r wools) says...

"In particular I would ask why my comments on the glass chards (sic) from the kitchen found in the car were removed. This is not speculation, it is fact based on public record, and I quoted that item from the evidence report directly."

I guess I have always thought the kitchen was at CB and had never thought about the connection to the glass in the car until now. But I think the question is does the glass on the counter match that found in the car?

I'm probably not on track and have forgot alot of info. involved with the case. I don't have time to go back to look at the past threads. But could the glass chards literally have come from Mac's home as recorded. . Not saying her parents did it, but could it be someone she or her parents knew? The person/s may have already been there or met her there when family was gone or at work. Something happenend, the killer/s knocks her in the head, glass chard lands on clothing or hair. The killer/s then moved her alive and when in the car the movement causes the glass to fall. The killer/s took Mac somewhere else and finished the gruesome deed. It depends on how down to earth a person wants to take recovery item statement.
It could mean any kitchen counter, CB kitchen counter or a slip by LE when writing items and was really referring to Mac's own home. The family may know it happened there ( hitting of head with glass ) but LE are not saying anything because of ruinning the case. IMO

I wonder if all documents related to warrants, prepared by LE in a murder investigation, are reviewed by more senior officers? The only thing interesting on the property seizure report was its item 13 and "unk #glass chards from kitchen counter @ home-LOI recovery" If the kitchen counter was at the Mom's or Dad's place she could have been there with other people in their absence. It's hard for me to believe LE would make a big mistake like item 13 if it's to be taken literally. I keep looking for other eplanations. If "LOI Recovery" means where Mac's body was found, was there glass on the beach, perhaps?

I'm probably not on track and have forgot alot of info. involved with the case. I don't have time to go back to look at the past threads. But could the glass chards literally have come from Mac's home as recorded. . Not saying her parents did it, but could it be someone she or her parents knew? The person/s may have already been there or met her there when family was gone or at work. Something happenend, the killer/s knocks her in the head, glass chard lands on clothing or hair. The killer/s then moved her alive and when in the car the movement causes the glass to fall. The killer/s took Mac somewhere else and finished the gruesome deed. It depends on how down to earth a person wants to take recovery item statement.
It could mean any kitchen counter, CB kitchen counter or a slip by LE when writing items and was really referring to Mac's own home. The family may know it happened there ( hitting of head with glass ) but LE are not saying anything because of ruinning the case. IMO

bbm

That bolded phrase is the clue .. Location Of Interest - recovery.

As far as we know WC's and RC's houses are not [publicly] categorized as 'location of interest' and there was no 'recovery' at those houses.

That leaves two houses of which we are aware:
  • 2395 Pitcher Canyon Rd. - discovery site - MC's vehicle
  • 156 Crescant Bar Rd. - recovery site - MC's body
That line #13 is entered on a Property Seizure Record, which is a result of the vehicle search warrant.

Let's also note the following items are NOT listed on that particular seizure record:
  • Clothing
  • Purse / Content
  • Keys
Are those items listed on a separate record? If so, why?

Chuck, I'm only saying glass chard could have been transferred to car via this scenario.
LOI also had wash car tickets, Check for school fine bill (if I remember right) which would not be at
2395 Pitchard Canyon Rd
156 Cresant Bar Rd.
So why would the glass chard necessarily come from above addresses?
Also, as far as I know, what was or wasn't found at the family home( LOL) would not be mentioned on this doc. Just my thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea