2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

You're assuming it really was Terri at the gym. Everyone has commented on how similar Terri and DD look. Who's to say DD's involvement wasn't to create an alibi for Terri?

Perhaps Terri gave her gym pass to DD and she posed as Terri?

You read my mind and this has come up before. Thanks for post. Good question.

Thinking ALL DAY. Dayammmm...
I think DeDe is in deep deep Doo Doo.
Serious trouble. Serious bad.

Just a feelin', a BAD feelin'
I think she assisted, perhaps after-the-fact.

MOO MOO, Guess Opinion, Feeling, Been Wrong Before

(I wonder what role if any private investigators have)

Hiya Xin,

I have appreciated reading you. I have not had the same feeling you have had -- this is where my antennae are not necessarily feeling, maybe. Can you explain why you might feel the deep doo doo?

I have more of an impression that Dede may have responded to her friend, done something she asked without knowing what was behind it, believed that her friend was being upright with her, then later had second thoughts, BUT still wanted to believe her friend.

I'm kinda thrown for a loop with this Dede thing -- and maybe I am back to square A with her like I was with Terri at first. I did not want to believe Terri could have anything to do with this, but then I started reading her FB page and eye witnessed certain things that started the automatic "shoot flares" button here (coupled with she was the supposed last person to see Kyron.) Then, of course, there were other things I saw...

So...dear friend, what takes you to the deep doo doo stuff? I do find it quizzical that the girls look alike...I have to feel like Terri "used" Dede in some way along these lines, or along the lines of a friend that is very faithful and maybe more naive than not.

Got milk?

You can not trust the lawyer when he says his client never testified. Lawyers are not allowed in the Grand Jury and he would have to be taking DD's word on it.

You can not trust the lawyer when he says his client never testified. Lawyers are not allowed in the Grand Jury and he would have to be taking DD's word on it.

And, probably Dede's attorney should not have been speculating about whether or not TH would be indicted. (As much as I wish attorneys would give me personal opinions...I don't have any faith in those that talk about cases in which they are involved...);)

I am just seeing all this. Grand Jury? Oh, **** and more **** for whoever it is for. I can take a lucky guess for who but I don't want to jinx them finding Kyron.

I hope they knock it out of the ballpark though. Put the heat on and bring out the TRUTH.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

From the KGW link:

Grand jury proceedings are not open to the public or the media, so it was unknown exactly what Spicher said. However, her attorney did confirm that Spicher was subpoenaed to testify. She did not give any testimony under oath Monday.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/DeDe-...y-99252004-kyron-horman-missing-portland.html

I've served on a trial jury but never a grand jury. In a trial, of course, everyone's sworn. Not so in GJ, apparently. Man, I wish I'd been a fly on the wall for today's session. I wonder if she's been invited back for sworn testimony.
A witness IS under oath when they appear before a grand jury.

I think that blurb means she didn't testify, period. Probably (as someone pointed out above) she was affirming a statement she made to police. (which, in my mind, is testimony... but what do I know?)

Is Houze or his "people" sitting in on the Grand Jury? Is that kosher? Who can sit in? Anybody know who is in the room? When does Grand Jury testimony/transcript become public?

Only the witness, prosecutor and jurors. Special considerations exist for non-English speaking people, children under 12, people with mental or physical needs, prisoners, etc., where they allow interpreters, parents, caretakers, guards to be present.

(1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, no person other than the district attorney or a witness actually under examination shall be present during the sittings of the grand jury.

(2) Upon a motion filed by the district attorney in the circuit court, the circuit judge may appoint a reporter who shall attend the sittings of the grand jury to take and report the testimony in any matters pending before the grand jury, and may appoint a parent, guardian or other appropriate person 18 years of age or older to accompany any child 12 years of age or younger, or any person with mental retardation, during an appearance before the grand jury. The circuit judge, upon the district attorney’s showing to the court that it is necessary for the proper examination of a witness appearing before the grand jury, may appoint a guard, medical or other special attendant or nurse, who shall be present in the grand jury room and shall attend such sittings.

(3) The district attorney may designate an interpreter who is certified under ORS 45.291 to interpret the testimony of witnesses appearing before the grand jury. The district attorney may designate a qualified interpreter, as defined in ORS 45.288, if the circuit court determines that a certified interpreter is not available and that the person designated by the district attorney is a qualified interpreter as defined in ORS 45.288. An interpreter designated under this subsection may be present in the grand jury room and attend the sittings of the grand jury.

Oh SURE.
NOW it's all Terri's fault and Spicher's attny knows it.

Pffffffffffffffftttttttttttttt.

:smiliescale: :gavel: :rolling:

This is exactly why I was saying earlier that we have to take what he says with a grain of salt. It's all spin!

So he's an expert now on what will happen to Terri! But that's just DeDe's attorney throwing Terri under the bus to make it seem as if his own client is pure as the driven snow.

What? My client an accomplice? Preposterous! It's Terri who's in trouble - my client is cooperating completely like a good girl.

There you go - complete defense spin. We see this in every criminal case.

Hiya Xin,

I have appreciated reading you. I have not had the same feeling you have had -- this is where my antennae are not necessarily feeling, maybe. Can you explain why you might feel the deep doo doo?

I have more of an impression that Dede may have responded to her friend, done something she asked without knowing what was behind it, believed that her friend was being upright with her, then later had second thoughts, BUT still wanted to believe her friend.

I'm kinda thrown for a loop with this Dede thing -- and maybe I am back to square A with her like I was with Terri at first. I did not want to believe Terri could have anything to do with this, but then I started reading her FB page and eye witnessed certain things that started the automatic "shoot flares" button here (coupled with she was the supposed last person to see Kyron.) Then, of course, there were other things I saw...

So...dear friend, what takes you to the deep doo doo stuff? I do find it quizzical that the girls look alike...I have to feel like Terri "used" Dede in some way along these lines, or along the lines of a friend that is very faithful and maybe more naive than not.

Got milk?

OK. I've been thinking about this a lot, how to respond to your thoughtful post, in a delicate way, so that is the delay.

I don't want to actually spill my theory yet, need a little more info, but I think if DeDe is, in fact, negotiating an offer of immunity, and she may be, she would almost need to know where Kyron is, and take the LE guys to him.

I think there is a lot of evidence (mostly evidence we don't know about) and that no one witness would be totally required yet, based on what we know. So for her to get extra attention, like go to the Grand Jury, but get a bit of continuance, the fact that LE needs to know where Kyron is, if he is deceased, to get a death penalty. She is the best candidate in my mind, today, to actually be able to help LE find Kyron. So, I worry that she assisted Terri and or was witness to something like murder, or hiding a body. Sorry. I hope we find him but this DeDe chick is bad news. She may possess very crucial info that will lead to Kyron, and she hasn't talked yet. Who knows, really? She's got a lot hiding, right? I think TH called her after whatever happened to Kyron happened; I think these two are close.

MOO

On "Issues: With Jane Valez-Mitchell" tonight, a former law enforcement officer from Oregon who still practices law there stated that "the grand jury can compel a witness to testify "but they are entitled to request immunity before they give their testimony. It was his opinion that Dede asked to be granted immunity today and did not testify. During this show I also saw the footage of Dede leaving the courthouse today and it made me sick to my stomach. IMO she carried herself in a very arrogant manner and was smiling in such a way that I believe she absolutely LOVES all of the attention she is getting right now. After seeing this I am not sure who is more diabolical, TH or Dede.

On "Issues: With Jane Valez-Mitchell" tonight, a former law enforcement officer from Oregon who still practices law there stated that "the grand jury can compel a witness to testify "but they are entitled to request immunity before they give their testimony. It was his opinion that Dede asked to be granted immunity today and did not testify. During this show I also saw the footage of Dede leaving the courthouse today and it made me sick to my stomach. IMO she carried herself in a very arrogant manner and was smiling in such a way that I believe she absolutely LOVES all of the attention she is getting right now. After seeing this I am not sure who is more diabolical, TH or Dede.

OK good find. So today would be possibly when she would officially ask for immunity. We wait. She'd have to have A LOT IMHO to get immunity.
Thanks so so much.

First one to crack the deal gets it is what I learned at school .... and I think you are onto it Xin -- when I heard she didn't testify and that ''she would be reappearing'' in the future before the jury I went ""aha""

I feel so strong about the footage of Dede leaving the courthouse today that I must mention it one more time. IMO this person is beyond bad news!! I wanted to climb through the TV when I saw this tonight. To see sweet, adorable little Kyron and know Dede was at the courthouse concerning his case, and THEN......see a cat that just ate the canary, grinning like a cheshire cat, smile on her face. :furious::furious::furious: OOOOOhhhh man!!! I could not help but get the feeling that nothing but TROUBLE with a capital T could come from Dede and TH doing ANYTHING together. I have only felt like this a few times in my life and never did it happen just watching TV footage. IMHO she is a narcissitic dynamo combined with TH. I hope I am way off on this one because it does not bode well for that darling of a boy we all want home happy and healthy.

I feel so strong about the footage of Dede leaving the courthouse today that I must mention it one more time. IMO this person is beyond bad news!! I wanted to climb through the TV when I saw this tonight. To see sweet, adorable little Kyron and know Dede was at the courthouse concerning his case, and THEN......see a cat that just ate the canary, grinning like a cheshire cat, smile on her face. :furious::furious::furious: OOOOOhhhh man!!! I could not help but get the feeling that nothing but TROUBLE with a capital T could come from Dede and TH doing ANYTHING together. I have only felt like this a few times in my life and never did it happen just watching TV footage. IMHO she is a narcissitic dynamo combined with TH. I hope I am way off on this one because it does not bode well for that darling of a boy we all want home happy and healthy.
What if it turns out DeDe testified against Terri, and worked with investigators to seal her (Terri's) fate?

What if it turns out DeDe testified against Terri, and worked with investigators to seal her (Terri's) fate?

If that happened I will moon walk from North Carolina to Oregon and back singing "Oh Happy Day" at the top of my lungs! :woohoo:

Maybe she is doing that - to save her own neck. :furious:

I won't be moon walking or sending her a halo. She could have told the police a long time ago! Geesh!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back