Jose Baez Both Homes in Foreclosure

Oh my.

Nums24, I confer on you the honorary title of "Master Sleuth."

:blushing: Thank you for your kind words, but I was actually looking for something else when this popped up on my screen. I had to share! :blushing::blushing:

:blushing: Thank you for your kind words, but I was actually looking for something else when this popped up on my screen. I had to share! :blushing::blushing:

No need to blush! Sleuthing sometimes leads to stumbling upon *embarrassing* yet possibly pertinent information. Certainly not your fault. Keep up the great work!

A valid strategy for a layperson or regular citizen. But as a practicing attorney doesn't JB have a stronger ethical obligation regarding finances? I know in most states personal financial issues such as bankruptcies and foreclosures can jeopardize certain types of professional standing such as admission on membership in the bar or licensing as an accountant or tax preparer.

While your average run of the mill attorney might eek by a home foreclosure, in the current economic environment, with a minor slap on the wrist from the bar, JB has a rather noticeable record of financial questions already in front of the bar. His admission was delayed because of personal financial issues. Questions have come up concerning the financing and compensation of this case. Throw a foreclosure on top of it, and the Florida Bar may finally decide to simply be done with it all.Remember regardless of our outrage about things lawyers say and lies they tell or just how smarmy they may seem, the one single thing that the bar does act on regularly, swiftly and decisively is anything dealing with financial mismanagement.

bbm~
I was thinking the same thing! Then I have to remember that this is JB that we're talking about...

Seriously though, my son in law is an attorney (here in SC, though) and I've heard him talk about that. He has always been oh so careful when in comes to such things as this...even went so far as to move his office across town...away from an office building that he shared with a friend of his that was (key word) an attorney as well. The 'friend' was not a partner, but was going downhill in a hurry and SIL did not want to be associated with him in any way. Good thing too, as the friend is not an attorney anymore.....just sayin..

I think everyone who thought this case was going to be a money spinner has found out that it's just a huge financial drain ~ and I doubt there will be the big financial payout at the end that everyone is expecting. To have the family home in foreclosure is a big deal for someones personal security.

Remember back when Stickland was still on the case and Baez had to go to the review committe? Did we ever finalize what it was about. If I recall it seems this foreclosure is dated March 2010. Could this have been a reason. A lot of questions were coming up on his finances then. :waitasec:

Remember back when Stickland was still on the case and Baez had to go to the review committe? Did we ever finalize what it was about. If I recall it seems this foreclosure is dated March 2010. Could this have been a reason. A lot of questions were coming up on his finances then. :waitasec:

This foreclosure was initiated May 2010. I believe the review are thinking of was the indigency hearing in March 2010. The defense had to show Judge Strickland how the money received from the pictures and videos was spent.

I'd think that given the drop in home prices/value that JB is simply seeking to negotiate a better deal, like the A's. You sorta/kinda have to go into default and foreclosure to get the banks attention and call their bluff to get a good deal. Right?

This foreclosure was initiated May 2010. I believe the review are thinking of was the indigency hearing in March 2010. The defense had to show Judge Strickland how the money received from the pictures and videos was spent.

Thanks, your right. It just seems strange this was kept so quiet. hmmmmm

I think everyone who thought this case was going to be a money spinner has found out that it's just a huge financial drain ~ and I doubt there will be the big financial payout at the end that everyone is expecting. To have the family home in foreclosure is a big deal for someones personal security.

It is a big deal to have a home foreclosed. JB bought this house in May 2007 though.

Well, this is refreshing after the craptastic Kyron Horman presser today.

Seriously, is anyone the defense NOT in foreclosure? Do you need to be in foreclosure to be on that team? Good Lord. Apparently that blood money did NOT go into Baez's home, that's for sure...

JB is no different than the rest of the home buyers who purchased homes above, way above their means to pay the mortgage. The fact that he can't pay his mortgage now is a good indication he couldn't afford to pay for it when he purchased it. Back then, jumbo loans were given out like candy.

JB is no different than the rest of the home buyers who purchased homes above, way above their means to pay the mortgage. The fact that he can't pay his mortgage now is a good indication he couldn't afford to pay for it when he purchased it. Back then, jumbo loans were given out like candy.

According to the mortgage papers he also had a ARM high interest rate of 8.9% for the first 2 years, which then changed to 5.9% plus the current index, never to exceed 11.9% and never to be lower than 8.9%.

I understand that the economy is bad. But the fact is, if you make bad financial decisions, whether the economy is good or bad, they stick with you. Obviously, the players in this case made bad financial decisions. Times are tough for me too, have been tough for awhile, but you don't see my house in foreclosure. I don't think it's enough to say that it's okay that they have houses in foreclosure because the housing market has crashed. That's just another excuse for bad financial decisions years ago on their part. Not paying your mortgage is going to lead to foreclosure. Running up credit cards and keeping up with the Joneses is going to lead to foreclosure if you're not paying for your house.

I mean, how much money went to Baez for Caylee's pictures, I mean Casey's defense, and he didn't do the responsible thing and pay for his house? No, he spent too much time wanting to the be all time greatest Hispanic attorney in Florida instead. I am responsible person, and yes, I have debts, but I am working my butt off to get them paid, and I will guarantee you I will never have a house in foreclosure.

I am not saying there aren't innocent victims of the housing crash, but honestly, most people were living way beyond their means in houses they shouldn't have been able to afford in the first place. People need to take responsibility for their financial decisions and stop blaming the bank and the government for it.

I understand that the economy is bad. But the fact is, if you make bad financial decisions, whether the economy is good or bad, they stick with you. Obviously, the players in this case made bad financial decisions. Times are tough for me too, have been tough for awhile, but you don't see my house in foreclosure. I don't think it's enough to say that it's okay that they have houses in foreclosure because the housing market has crashed. That's just another excuse for bad financial decisions years ago on their part. Not paying your mortgage is going to lead to foreclosure. Running up credit cards and keeping up with the Joneses is going to lead to foreclosure if you're not paying for your house.

I mean, how much money went to Baez for Caylee's pictures, I mean Casey's defense, and he didn't do the responsible thing and pay for his house? No, he spent too much time wanting to the be all time greatest Hispanic attorney in Florida instead. I am responsible person, and yes, I have debts, but I am working my butt off to get them paid, and I will guarantee you I will never have a house in foreclosure.

I am not saying there aren't innocent victims of the housing crash, but honestly, most people were living way beyond their means in houses they shouldn't have been able to afford in the first place. People need to take responsibility for their financial decisions and stop blaming the bank and the government for it.

I completely agree. JB has a history of financial issues as documented in his appeal to the FL Supreme Court for admission to the bar. It's a good read:

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/flsupct/sc95855/op-sc95855.pdf

He was also cited in the Florida Bar Exam as an example of financial irresponsibility:

page 8: http://www.floridabarexam.org/public/main.nsf/StudentInfo.PDF/$file/StudentInfo.PDF

According to the mortgage papers he also had a ARM high interest rate of 8.9% for the first 2 years, which then changed to 5.9% plus the current index, never to exceed 11.9% and never to be lower than 8.9%.
Which says he had/has a lousy FICO score. Ten to one, his loan papers were doctored, like all those who got mortgages they couldn't afford. If it was also a builder selling the home, they were more than happy to mortgage the house within their own financing.

Like I said earlier, JB is not exception to this ..... his error was being a high profile character in the media. He had no established clients, he probably was living off credit cards just to get his firm started. Again, no different than the millions of others who did it. Not being snary here, but even his clothing has changed ... spending more than he had coming in.

Which says he had/has a lousy FICO score. Ten to one, his loan papers were doctored, like all those who got mortgages they couldn't afford. If it was also a builder selling the home, they were more than happy to mortgage the house within their own financing.

Like I said earlier, JB is not exception to this ..... his error was being a high profile character in the media. He had no established clients, he probably was living off credit cards just to get his firm started. Again, no different than the millions of others who did it. Not being snary here, but even his clothing has changed ... spending more than he had coming in.

I agree with you Count, FYI - the home was not purchased from a builder, it was built in 1994.

JB HOME NOT SOLD!!!!!! THE DOCUMENT BELOW IS AN OLD LISTING!!!!

Listing below was probably the original listing when JB purchased the home.

Attachments

• fizber-com-listing '454981'[1].pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 69

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member