Discussion of the New Lead in the Search for Stacy Peterson

Investigators return to Alwan farm

Yellow Pages
Find whatever you're looking for
with Totally Local Yellow Pages

Journal Star
Posted Jul 07, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
Last update Jul 08, 2010 @ 10:26 AM
DUNLAP — Peoria County Sheriff Michael McCoy has confirmed that Will County investigators returned to Peoria County last week to continue their investigation into the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

McCoy said this week officials with the Will County State's Attorney's Office and Illinois State Police returned to a secluded site off West Grange Hall Road near Jubilee College State Park to gather some soil samples.

"They didn't call us, and I don't know how long they were there," the sheriff said, adding investigators talked to the landowner, David Alwan, rather than his office when they went out there.

"They certainly are interested with the site and are continuing their investigation. We are working with them as best we can," he said.

Stacy Peterson, the fourth wife of former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, has been missing since October 2007. Drew Peterson has since been charged with murder in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Peterson is in custody in Will County. Jury selection was set to begin Thursday in Peterson's trial in the death of Savio, but the trial has been delayed.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/tricounty/x104354669/Investigators-return-to-Alwan-farm

Investigators return to Alwan farm

Yellow Pages
Find whatever you're looking for
with Totally Local Yellow Pages

Journal Star
Posted Jul 07, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
Last update Jul 08, 2010 @ 10:26 AM
DUNLAP — Peoria County Sheriff Michael McCoy has confirmed that Will County investigators returned to Peoria County last week to continue their investigation into the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

McCoy said this week officials with the Will County State's Attorney's Office and Illinois State Police returned to a secluded site off West Grange Hall Road near Jubilee College State Park to gather some soil samples.

"They didn't call us, and I don't know how long they were there," the sheriff said, adding investigators talked to the landowner, David Alwan, rather than his office when they went out there.

"They certainly are interested with the site and are continuing their investigation. We are working with them as best we can," he said.

Stacy Peterson, the fourth wife of former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, has been missing since October 2007. Drew Peterson has since been charged with murder in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Peterson is in custody in Will County. Jury selection was set to begin Thursday in Peterson's trial in the death of Savio, but the trial has been delayed.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/tricounty/x104354669/Investigators-return-to-Alwan-farm

I'm very curious about why the investigators would take soil samples?

Usually, the interest in soil samples is to compare with soil found elsewhere, like on a suspect's shoes or clothing, in or on the car the suspect was driving, or on tools, like a shovel.

I know that LE impounded both Stacy's car and Drew's Denali for a period of time. Didn't Drew eventually go to court demanding the cars be returned? If I remember correctly, they were returned. But I would presume that anything found in either of the two cars would be kept as evidence. Soil?

Anyone got any ideas about other reasons LE would be taking soil samples?

Usually, the interest in soil samples is to compare with soil found elsewhere, like on a suspect's shoes or clothing, in or on the car the suspect was driving, or on tools, like a shovel.

I know that LE impounded both Stacy's car and Drew's Denali for a period of time. Didn't Drew eventually go to court demanding the cars be returned? If I remember correctly, they were returned. But I would presume that anything found in either of the two cars would be kept as evidence. Soil?

To see if they can find organic traces from where acid was dumped?

I've been a loyal poster on this case since Stacey has been missing and I hope and pray that the corrupted cops, law makers, state DAs, any elected officials have been removed from office since Drew killed his latest wife or this investigation will get no where at all. So far, this case has read like a Chicago mafia TV series with good reason. The coroner needs to be fired, in fact, should have been fired a long time ago. The LE officer who testified in the coroner's inquest should have been fired and charged a long time ago. He is as crooked as it comes. It is obvious that he is a cronie of Drew Peterson. It is too bad that the ex-governor is being tried right now and the corruption of LE and above are getting a free pass. This case is an example of corruption in its finest hour. Right now this case is being ignored and I bet the corrupted officials and officers are thanking their stars for the distraction. Heads need to roll in this case and I'm not just talking about Drew Peterson. He has had the luxury of having a lot of inside help on all of his illegal activities. JMO but I'll bet it will eventually come out that my opinion is very accurate.:furious:

You are absolutely correct. Its to compare with soil they found in car, or shoes, or anything else. That, I guess, would help place him at the scene.
etc.

I've been a loyal poster on this case since Stacey has been missing and I hope and pray that the corrupted cops, law makers, state DAs, any elected officials have been removed from office since Drew killed his latest wife or this investigation will get no where at all. So far, this case has read like a Chicago mafia TV series with good reason. The coroner needs to be fired, in fact, should have been fired a long time ago. The LE officer who testified in the coroner's inquest should have been fired and charged a long time ago. He is as crooked as it comes. It is obvious that he is a cronie of Drew Peterson. It is too bad that the ex-governor is being tried right now and the corruption of LE and above are getting a free pass. This case is an example of corruption in its finest hour. Right now this case is being ignored and I bet the corrupted officials and officers are thanking their stars for the distraction. Heads need to roll in this case and I'm not just talking about Drew Peterson. He has had the luxury of having a lot of inside help on all of his illegal activities. JMO but I'll bet it will eventually come out that my opinion is very accurate.:furious:

I think the corruption has to be fairly widespread. I remember Rick Mims saying something in the first month or so after Stacy disappeared that the none of the Bolingbrook police could be trusted. Stacy feared the local police, thinking they would side with Drew. But others have also had a lot of concerns about corruption of local police.

The current police chief was brought in from another nearby police dept. to clean up the corruption on the Bolingbrook department. There were several article on this in the first few months.

Larger police departments have an internal affairs division that investigates officers within the department. If there's a complaint, it's followed up on and resolved. We haven't heard anything more about what's being done in Bolingbrook, but I would assume some of the officers have been retired.

I think the corruption has to be fairly widespread. I remember Rick Mims saying something in the first month or so after Stacy disappeared that the none of the Bolingbrook police could be trusted. Stacy feared the local police, thinking they would side with Drew. But others have also had a lot of concerns about corruption of local police.

The current police chief was brought in from another nearby police dept. to clean up the corruption on the Bolingbrook department. There were several article on this in the first few months.

Larger police departments have an internal affairs division that investigates officers within the department. If there's a complaint, it's followed up on and resolved. We haven't heard anything more about what's being done in Bolingbrook, but I would assume some of the officers have been retired.
BBM Yeah, unfortunately it should read 'have been tried' IMO of course......

It's been way too quiet on this topic. Has anybody heard anything new in the past couple weeks on this search location or info about the soil samples taken?

As a body decomposes it leaches into the surrounding soil. If remains were not encased in a leak proof container of some kind, the decomposition would change the chemical make up of the soil and that would perhaps be detectable in soil tests. JMO

Brodsky was so sure Drew would be released
pending the appeal filed.....LOL.
Why has Reem Odeh left the firm? Sinking ship...............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back