TX TX - Krishonda 'Shonda' Townsend, 19, Mineral Wells, 5 Jul 2010

No new info for Shonda. Can't believe she hasn't been located yet. So very sad.

Tonight will mark one month since Shonda was last seen. Of course, I hope she's found this afternoon! Lighting a candle for Shonda and the many other missing women in Texas...

I live in the area. I remember seeing a news story shortly after she disappeared about a former teacher of hers who saw her in a convenience store around midnight, very close to the time she had texted her mother she was coming home. But, there was no follow up story to this. That person was probably the last to see Shonda alive.

Nothing new on Shonda

There is still no new information regarding the disappearance of Krishonda “Shonda” Leann Townsend, 19, mother of a 2-year-old son, who disappeared from Mineral Wells July 5.

“We are still working very hard on finding information on her,” said Mineral Wells Police Chief Mike McAllester. In addition, McAllester said investigators are following possible leads but so far have been unable to locate her.

More: http://www.lakecountrysun.com/index.asp?Story=1039

Fundraiser for Shonda Townsend set for Saturday
5 Nov 2010

A fundraiser for Shonda Townsend's reward fund and in support of her son is Saturday.

There will be a pancake supper at 5 p.m., with a $10 donation for adults, and $5 donation for children, 10 and under. The donation includes choice of tea or coffee.

[snip]

There is a CrimeStoppers and a private reward offered for information that leads to her whereabouts and the arrests and convictions of anyone responsible for her disappearance.

Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (940) 325-0000.

More: http://mineralwellsindex.com/homepage/x2073122511/Fundraiser-for-Shonda-Townsend-set-for-Saturday

Praying for Krishonda - Watched nancy grace - said 11:50pm left store.

I believe Krishonda's case is also going to be discussed on tonight's Roth Show. Link in my signature.

My family actually knows this family and also lives in Mineral Wells. My uncle and aunt live less than a mile fron Shonda and my cousins went to school with her. This is such a sad story and too bad that everyone in town pretty much knows who was involved yet the case goes no where! Here is hoping that since Monica Caison has picked up the case that things can be worked out!!

Here is a radio spot with Shonda's mother being interviewed by Susan Murphy Milano along with Monica Caison from the CUE center for missing persons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KarmMPiSzD8

There is another one from this week, I need to find the link.

This report is so scary, Monica talks about the area where she was found as an area where women are kidnapped for trafficking on a regular basis. :( I hope that is not the case with Shonda.

This report is so scary, Monica talks about the area where she was found as an area where women are kidnapped for trafficking on a regular basis. :( I hope that is not the case with Shonda.

WTH? Sounds like LE must have a lot more information than they've shared with the public. And it sounds like plenty of people in the area probably know what happened to Shonda.

If she is a victim of human trafficking, maybe it's possible she's alive somewhere?

As far as I know there has NOT been any kidnappings in Mineral Wells, not in a very long time. Until this happened with Shonda and then the little 4 year okd murdered it was a relatively quiet area. Very small toen where everyone knows your business. Her car was found in front of a very well known drug dealers house but they dont believe she put it there. Most people say a group of people from her immediate circle are involved. I wish this case would get more attention. :)

As far as I know there has NOT been any kidnappings in Mineral Wells, not in a very long time. Until this happened with Shonda and then the little 4 year okd murdered it was a relatively quiet area. Very small toen where everyone knows your business. Her car was found in front of a very well known drug dealers house but they dont believe she put it there. Most people say a group of people from her immediate circle are involved. I wish this case would get more attention. :)

Sorry I meant her car.

What is keeping LE from moving forward on this - or are they working behind the scenes?

It's so sad to think everyone in town knows who is responsible but no arrests have been made and Shonda is still missing. You would think the citizens would rally and demand justice. I would anyway. Are they afraid?

Who in her immediate circle would want to hurt her?

This case is sad because she is most likely gone. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back