Donna Brock

Well, wasn't it said that the reason Ron put that dead rat in Tommy's mail box was to test Misty on how well she could keep a secret?
Then we have Ron calling Misty ASAP to warn her about DB befriending her?

I think that would be the reason that DB didn't have anything to offer..I was so hoping that she would be the one.

I think that DB had a hidden agenda when she started hanging with MC and it wasn't to find out about Haleigh.

The mail boxed rat incident I think RC said that he was testing MC to see how well she could lie. I do think the MC will confide in someone on the Haleigh case in the future. She won't have much family left to visit her being they'll all be in jail or prison themselves. She'll eventually make a friend in prison. She'll realize after time that no one in RC's family really cares about her and that she was used. I mean REALLY USED. Then she'll start crying the truth onto her friends shoulder. I wish that MC would do this now and get this burden off of her mind and out in the open. Sorry...looks like I went a little off topic.

Forgot to add: DB got what she deserved.

Wonder WHY Mr. Dana Treen didn't mention Ronald Cummings still faces sentencing in his cases? JMHO..

Imagine that!! I have a sick feeling that Ron will come out looking like a dmmmmmmmmm hero by helping bring these dangerous drug dealers to justice.............:sick:

At some point the reality of these sentences is supposed to sink in. For Fiscal Year 2007-08, the most recent available data, it cost $55.09 per day, or $20,108 annually, to house an inmate in Florida. So far, we have three "supporting cast" players who have each received 15 year sentences.

15 x $20,108 = $301,620 per conviction x 3 = $904,860.00 that these 3 [Unusual Person's] crime is costing the taxpayers here in Florida, and we haven't even gotten to the 2 main players yet!

Keep in mind, this is "justice" for being "bit" players in selling $3600 worth of illegal pills!

http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/profiles/1074/

Imagine that!! I have a sick feeling that Ron will come out looking like a dmmmmmmmmm hero by helping bring these dangerous drug dealers to justice.............:sick:

Marvin Gaye sang it best... Makes Me Wanna Holler.. Throw Up Both My Hands..JMHO

Wonder WHY Mr. Dana Treen didn't mention Ronald Cummings still faces sentencing in his cases? JMHO..
the same reason that certain people refer to Hope Sykes as Misty's best friend...forgetting to mention that she's Ron's cousin. that one gets a big eye roll from me.

Well, wasn't it said that the reason Ron put that dead rat in Tommy's mail box was to test Misty on how well she could keep a secret?
Then we have Ron calling Misty ASAP to warn her about DB befriending her?

I think that would be the reason that DB didn't have anything to offer..I was so hoping that she would be the one.
You're right...Ron took care of that opportunity real good. & it's ironic, because if he hadn't...Misty probably would've confided in her, & Donna would be the one with the sweet deal, right now. But no...Ron is. how predictable.

At some point the reality of these sentences is supposed to sink in. For Fiscal Year 2007-08, the most recent available data, it cost $55.09 per day, or $20,108 annually, to house an inmate in Florida. So far, we have three "supporting cast" players who have each received 15 year sentences.

15 x $20,108 = $301,620 per conviction x 3 = $904,860.00 that these 3 [Unusual Person's] crime is costing the taxpayers here in Florida, and we haven't even gotten to the 2 main players yet!

Keep in mind, this is "justice" for being "bit" players in selling $3600 worth of illegal pills!

Concerned Papa. I sometimes wonder, where is the justice in justice...but what's the alternative? Sure, it's costing the tax payers loads of money...but what are we to do? The general public has to foot the bill, but they have to serve the time. I look at it this way...my tax paying dollars are being put to good use. If it keeps people like them off the streets and away from children in general, then it's a good thing no matter how much it cost. That's just my :twocents: and I'm rubbing them together and smiling while I do so.
I also want you to know that I respect your post and value your opinion.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say someone believes it's worth those mega bucks just to make this story go away. I might also think that someone has convinced Misty and Tommy that the consequences of telling the truth are far worse than any sentence the court can hand down, IF I were a conspiracy theorist. *shrug* At this point, nothing would surprise me.

I do have a real sinking feeling that once Misty and Ron are sentenced on the drug charges, Haleigh will be reduced to a blip on the radar. :tsktsk:

Concerned Papa. I sometimes wonder, where is the justice in justice...but what's the alternative? Sure, it's costing the tax payers loads of money...but what are we to do? The general public has to foot the bill, but they have to serve the time. I look at it this way...my tax paying dollars are being put to good use. If it keeps people like them off the streets and away from children in general, then it's a good thing no matter how much it cost. That's just my :twocents: and I'm rubbing them together and smiling while I do so.
I also want you to know that I respect your post and value your opinion.

Thanks Justin Tyme.

I don't pretend to have the answers for this problem, but somewhere along the way some one's got to wake up and say WTH, $904,000 over a $3,600 crime?

For non violent, first time offenders, I would think some type of work release program where the offender has to work a paying job in the community to offset the cost of their incarceration would be one option worth considering.

I have zero compassion for these 3 and their sentences, I'm just tired of having to pay ridiculous amounts of money for their relatively petty crimes. Either figure out some way to make them "pay as you go" or do like TN said recently and hang em all in a public place, I don't care.

Donna Brock is just one more person to suffer as collateral damage in this sad, sordid saga. I don't know exactly what her purpose was when she inserted herself into this situation, but Brock certainly didn't do herself any favors by getting mixed up with these folks. jmo

Donna Brock is just one more person to suffer as collateral damage in this sad, sordid saga. I don't know exactly what her purpose was when she inserted herself into this situation, but Brock certainly didn't do herself any favors by getting mixed up with these folks. jmo

Donna has always been a puzzle to me. I know it's been said she got mixed up with this group b/c thru her volunteering with TES she gained Misty & Rons trust. When the road rage incident happened & it all went south, WHY did she stay involved with this group? She was supposed to be like the "mother figure" to further gain Misty's trust, to make her feel safe. What happened? Did Donna begin to care for Misty like a daughter? Was Donna already an addict when she became involved? Did she just stay "in" because she & Tim Miller had a disagreement that turned ugly? I would really love to know what drove her to stay involved.
Even though Donna did what she did & it's all on tape, I do think her sentence was pretty stiff. I don't think there is any hope for any of the others ever leading a productive life, but Donna, I am just so not sure of. I guess that's b/c we just don't know much about her, not like we do the others.
And yes, I am sure she regrets the day she ever got involved, no matter what her reasons were.

The judge said Brock had opportunities not to sell the pills but didn't.

"You made a choice and it was a bad choice," Berger said. She said under state guidelines she could not sentence Brock to less that 15 years despite Brock's lack of a criminal record, years of volunteer work and testimony of two people who appealed for leniency.
<snipped>

Sounds to me like the judge would have given her less time if allowed? Wow! I don't know how RC, TC and MC will get less than 15 years. I really don't

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-cummings-case-gets-15-years-drug-trafficking

I so hope not. I know the final chapter on this story isn't written yet, so why do I feel "duped" by the likes of Ronald Cummings? All I see in him is trash, pure trash with nothing useful to contribute to society.

The judge said Brock had opportunities not to sell the pills but didn't.

"You made a choice and it was a bad choice," Berger said. She said under state guidelines she could not sentence Brock to less that 15 years despite Brock's lack of a criminal record, years of volunteer work and testimony of two people who appealed for leniency.
<snipped>

Sounds to me like the judge would have given her less time if allowed? Wow! I don't know how RC, TC and MC will get less than 15 years. I really don't

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-cummings-case-gets-15-years-drug-trafficking
by working out deals & getting charges dropped. I don't guess there's any hope for Misty, but Ron has been pretty busy.

Donna has always been a puzzle to me. I know it's been said she got mixed up with this group b/c thru her volunteering with TES she gained Misty & Rons trust. When the road rage incident happened & it all went south, WHY did she stay involved with this group? She was supposed to be like the "mother figure" to further gain Misty's trust, to make her feel safe. What happened? Did Donna begin to care for Misty like a daughter? Was Donna already an addict when she became involved? Did she just stay "in" because she & Tim Miller had a disagreement that turned ugly? I would really love to know what drove her to stay involved.
Even though Donna did what she did & it's all on tape, I do think her sentence was pretty stiff. I don't think there is any hope for any of the others ever leading a productive life, but Donna, I am just so not sure of. I guess that's b/c we just don't know much about her, not like we do the others.
And yes, I am sure she regrets the day she ever got involved, no matter what her reasons were.
There were reports that Donna got involved with Misty's family, in much the same way that Padilla has...even buying Christmas presents for Misty's younger relatives. Also, I remember a report that said Misty would call Donna & say that she was hungry, broke, whatever, & Donna would help. So, once you get involved to that point, with poor needy people, it's hard to turn your back. Trust me, I know...even if you know they're doing nothing to help themselves, you don't want to see kids, (& Misty was a kid), do without food, nice things, etc...Now, it's MOO, that Donna Brock might've been lonely & wanted a friend that made her feel needed. Now, how all of this led to the dope dealing, is anyone's guess. That lady probably needed a few extra bucks, was trying to help a friend, & didn't think about the consequences. Whatever it was, she's paying dearly now. But considering what little she did, & her not having a record, it stinks that someone her age got this sentence.

I haven't kept up with Donna Brock enough to know what supposed condition caused her to have oxycodone in the first place, but suspect that the trafficking involves the actual getting of the drug in the first place with the intention to turn around and sell it. I don't feel sorry for her, because she wasn't working with LE in a sting and had to know what she was doing. It's not like she gave Misty one pill for a severe pain, and Donna is many years older than the teenager. Misty had to suffer much older adults involved in drugs her whole life according to Flora. Haleigh did too in her short time around these folks, so what right does Donna have to use drugs to "try and get close".

Ron and msity have numerous charges...not just one. Yet it appears ronnie is going to get the best deal of the whole bunch. They already knocked off his mandatory of 25 yrs.

They increased tommy's minimum of 3 yrs to fifteen. Donna, ron and hope have not helped them find misty...yet ron gets a plea...go figure. If donna had been able to offer up one thing for Haleigh, the State should have gone to bat but nada. misty never talked. Because misty never talked, they will all pay.

ron cummings had never received much penalty at all for his numerous drug possessionsm including meth, heroin, crack, ecstasy and the date rape drug. He pleaded guilty x1 in mar 2005 for morphine and got a $360.00 penalty...woohoo!

:waitasec: Donna did receive a deal from the state.

snip
Donna Brock, 44, had been charged with one count of trafficking prescription narcotics of at least 28 grams, a offense that carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years, said Chris Kelly, spokesman for the Seventh Circuit State Attorney's Office.

However, Brock pleaded guilty to a count that involved 14 to 28 grams and carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 15 years.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100616/ARTICLES/100619595

Tommy's minimum was not increased, his sentence was within the guidelines of his charge. 3 yrs. min., 30 yrs. max. If he would of kept his mouth shut and not lied to LE concerning Haleigh he would have got 3 yrs., imo. It's his own fault.

This isn't over yet. I am trying to have a positive outlook on the Ron deal, hoping LE and the state may have beat him at his own game. What is the saying-Don't count your chickens until they're hatched-that's all I've got left for Haleigh to have justice right now!

I also think that Donna's sentence was too stiff, Tommy and Hope's was also too stiff IMO. I would much rather see Florida enforce stiffer penalties for child rape and abuse. Adults make decisions to buy and use drugs. They are not innocent children. I just can not see fifteen years for someone selling drugs to adults who make the decisions all by themselves to buy and take drugs.

:waitasec: Donna did receive a deal from the state.

snip
Donna Brock, 44, had been charged with one count of trafficking prescription narcotics of at least 28 grams, a offense that carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years, said Chris Kelly, spokesman for the Seventh Circuit State Attorney's Office.

However, Brock pleaded guilty to a count that involved 14 to 28 grams and carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 15 years.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100616/ARTICLES/100619595

Tommy's minimum was not increased, his sentence was within the guidelines of his charge. 3 yrs. min., 30 yrs. max.

Well, it is going to be interesting to see if fairness is shared with Ronald as well since he is a very seasoned drug taker and seller. It appears that the "special treatment" has already started as far as he is concerned. If he skates on these charges, an investigation needs to be conducted on the Judge, JMO but a very strong opinion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back