TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #4

Not really anything new. Sgt.D has been working on a few leads, but nothing yet....
Thank you for bumping and checking in

Thanks Missie. I was really hoping the recent article would drum up something worthwhile. Guess we'll see!

I've been reading about Deanna long before joining. I just want to let you and your sisters know, Missie, that my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I came here tonight hoping to find a happy ending to your story. Hopefully soon.

If Deanna didn't know her original social security number than it wouldn't show up that she had changed it. IMO

I don't know of a lot of teens that know theirs. Not until they start applying for jobs.

Anytime a person applies for a Social Security number, the computer runs a check on the name and DOB. If they already have a number, even if they don't know what it is, a new number would not be assigned. SSA would send her a new card with the original number.

If someone gets a new SS card don't they have to have a birth certificate? And wouldn't this at least have been noted at the offices where you get one? Even if you don't know who got it you would know someone got one.....and if they mailed it to that person maybe they would have a address? I am not great at this and you may have already thought of this but passing my idea along. Thanks

If she had to get a copy of her birth certificate wouldn't she had to go to a health dept in the area she was born in or notify the area she was born in about such birth certificate before she could get a new SS card? And they always ask or at least in my area who is the person and how are you related to the person on the birth certificate. And payment information. I know this is a long shot and greater minds than mine have been at this a very long time......but it never hurts to throw a idea out even if its not the best one.

If someone gets a new SS card don't they have to have a birth certificate? And wouldn't this at least have been noted at the offices where you get one? Even if you don't know who got it you would know someone got one.....and if they mailed it to that person maybe they would have a address? I am not great at this and you may have already thought of this but passing my idea along. Thanks

To get a new SS card, you need a birth certificate. To get a replacement SS card with the same SSN, you don't need a birth certificate. And SSA would have the address for any SS card mailed out.

Her social security number was already checked, and there was no activity on it. So she either had a new name/birth cert and then a new social, or something similar. It was probably not too difficult to get a "new" social in TX in the 1990's---illegal immigrants do it all the time.

Anytime a person applies for a Social Security number, the computer runs a check on the name and DOB. If they already have a number, even if they don't know what it is, a new number would not be assigned. SSA would send her a new card with the original number.

This happend when my niece applied for a social security card at 16. Her Mom had gotten hers when she was born, but she didn't know that, as I raised her.

When she 'met' her Mom, at 19, she gave her the original, which had the same number. (She is 26)

I found this section of the newspaper article interesting:

Possibly during a traffic stop, Deanna's name and date of birth were run through a Hurst police computer in October 1995, Davis said.

Between 2000 and 2002, an out-of-state relative reported that Deanna, sporting several tattoos visited and told the relative that she wanted to remain hidden.

As I didn't know her information was run as part of a traffic stop, as well as the fact that I was not aware that it was a relative that reported the tattoos.

It was not a relative who told about the tattoos--she was not even a family friend, just an acquaintance of Deanna's from school. We do not know why the information about the tattoo is still being used, as the person who gave that info to police has had "credibility problems" in the past. I believe that Missie does not consider the tattoos to be credible, IMO.

As far as the SS #, if she used a different name, she would have a different social. The detective in charge of Deanna's case has already checked with the SS admin. She has never applied for a drivers license, birth cert, etc using her existing social sec #.

This happend when my niece applied for a social security card at 16. Her Mom had gotten hers when she was born, but she didn't know that, as I raised her.

When she 'met' her Mom, at 19, she gave her the original, which had the same number. (She is 26)

I found this section of the newspaper article interesting:

Possibly during a traffic stop, Deanna's name and date of birth were run through a Hurst police computer in October 1995, Davis said.

Between 2000 and 2002, an out-of-state relative reported that Deanna, sporting several tattoos visited and told the relative that she wanted to remain hidden.

As I didn't know her information was run as part of a traffic stop, as well as the fact that I was not aware that it was a relative that reported the tattoos.

Thank you so much, I thought I'd read that in the previous thread, but that had been awhile ago. How misleading the way it was presented in the article. But, if it generated new interest I guess that's a good thing in spite of the errors.

There were a few errors in the article, but I agree, we are so grateful that Victor wrote the piece to raise awareness. I just so wish we had a lead to go on....

Hopefully soon!! Maybe when they track down the rest of the friends they are looking for, someone will have information!

Fairy and everyone--

Are you guys ready to dig in our heels, look through everything we looked into before and see if there is anything we missed? I would love us to form a Deanna "task force" here where we can look at every piece of evidence we have and find Deanna this year!!

Missie-- Do you have anything new for us?

I am new to this site having had several months off of work was cruising the web and stumbled upon this story. That I have been reading for 1 1/2 days, between taking care of the grand kids. I am completely moved by the people on this site that have gone over and above to help this family find their lost one.

I am also on another site that we had a Police Officer stop into looking for the person on the site. He states he will be back to post some names of people we maybe could help him find and he would be more than willing to help search for people we are looking for. He is in Las Vegas I know that Deanna was never thought to have gone that far away but thought I would just share the info with ya'll.

God bless and bring her home soon and safely to her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back