Lisa Croslin Arrested 9/3/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has 3 VOP's. Each VOP "MAY" contain many or just one violation of a probation condition.

I've donned my protective headgear, but I think it's sad and compassion-worthy. I cant blame a cat for not being able to play the trumpet, and I cant blame her for "failure" if all she got was a bandaid for a gaping, gushing wound.

Mix them metaphors... - I mean similies... -- I mean ahporisms. :)

(I prefer tomatoes if you must heave something in the fruit family.)

moo and *sigh*

Personally, from what I have seen I doubt there is one in Putnam County who cares enough to do something as honorable as sending a drug addict to treatment......JMHO
at least somebody in this family. I'm still disgusted that Donna Brock wasn't given that chance.

Kant,
I think it is compassion worthy also, I do, honestly, but I also feel that when drug addicts are that far involved in drugs they need to hit rock bottom before they start to take ownership of their problems. JMO

I guess what I am trying to say is that if she (or any other addict) does not have to work toward and for their recovery themselves, if it is too easy, they usually don't make it. I am most definitely no recovery expert here and would value the input of someone who is. I just know from experience with friends and family that unless they work through it themselves without being further enabled it never seems to work. They don't "earn" it and have nothing to lose when they go right back to it. JMO

Lisa Croslin knows what the conditions of her parole are. She CHOOSES NOT to abide by those conditions and deserves whatever fines and punishment might come her way. I will say that I believe drugs are the overwhelming power in her life, they guide and direct her every move now.

Having said that, she can CHOOSE to end the cycle at anytime and she doesn't necessarily need rehab to do that. I have known many addicts who began each hour as a new day and chose to stay clean....without the luxury( and to those who suffer from addiction it is a luxury they can't afford) of a rehab facility guiding them. So what is the answer? I believe the truth....and only the truth and all of it.....will set all of these people free from this hell.

Kant,
I think it is compassion worthy also, I do, honestly, but I also feel that when drug addicts are that far involved in drugs they need to hit rock bottom before they start to take ownership of their problems. JMO

I guess what I am trying to say is that if she (or any other addict) does not have to work toward and for their recovery themselves, if it is too easy, they usually don't make it. I am most definitely no recovery expert here and would value the input of someone who is. I just know from experience with friends and family that unless they work through it themselves without being further enabled it never seems to work. They don't "earn" it and have nothing to lose when they go right back to it. JMO
this IS rock bottom, & getting lower, by the hour. Not everybody who hits rock bottom, has an epiphany & says, 'This is it. Now I'm ready to clean up.' That's why there are so many OD's & suicides, & junkies getting murdered or run over by cars, or whatever...when somebody has been an addict for a long time, it's not just a physical disease, but also a mental one. She doesn't know herself as anything but a junkie, & can't even imagine herself any differently. She's scared to change, because who would she be? Would she so different that she wouldn't recognize herself? Drugs are familiar & change is scary. Somebody like that can't be expected to clean up without help. A professional to help convince her that she can succeed.

Kant,

Have you looked at this woman lately? She looks older than I do and I am older than GGMS..
Her daughter is getting ready to be sentenced to God knows how many years in prison..
One of her sons has just been sent off to do a stint of 15 years.
Her husband is in jail.
And thats not to mention all the stress due to Haleigh's disappearance...
She is basically homeless, no prospects of ever getting a job... No family..She is alone...An outcast in a town w/o pity...

Granted she is an addict, but she has no where to turn to to get the help she needs...And All LE does is keep throwing her in jail...Do they need the money down there that damn bad?Why doesn't someone get her the help she needs...

Bottom Line.. Lisa has hit her bottom..Fallen in to the HOLE... She just doesn't know HOW to pull herself out of the hole... JMHO

Do any of us have any information on what the violation of parole was that landed her back in jail again?

Lisa Croslin knows what the conditions of her parole are. She CHOOSES NOT to abide by those conditions and deserves whatever fines and punishment might come her way. I will say that I believe drugs are the overwhelming power in her life, they guide and direct her every move now.

Having said that, she can CHOOSE to end the cycle at anytime and she doesn't necessarily need rehab to do that. I have known many addicts who began each hour as a new day and chose to stay clean....without the luxury( and to those who suffer from addiction it is a luxury they can't afford) of a rehab facility guiding them. So what is the answer? I believe the truth....and only the truth and all of it.....will set all of these people free from this hell.

IMHO.. That isn't necessarily so....You can't put all addicts under the same blanket... JMHO

this IS rock bottom, & getting lower, by the hour. Not everybody who hits rock bottom, has an epiphany & says, 'This is it. Now I'm ready to clean up.' That's why there are so many OD's & suicides, & junkies getting murdered or run over by cars, or whatever...when somebody has been an addict for a long time, it's not just a physical disease, but also a mental one. She doesn't know herself as anything but a junkie, & can't even imagine herself any differently. She's scared to change, because who would she be? Would she so different that she wouldn't recognize herself? Drugs are familiar & change is scary. Somebody like that can't be expected to clean up without help. A professional to help convince her that she can succeed.

Respectfully bolded by me.

I agree. In fact, not everyone hits a bottom. For some the bottom is death, that's when they stop using.

Addiction IMHO is a physical disease, a mental disease and a spiritual disease.

I don't know Lisa, but I am not sure this is her bottom. JMHO.

I do have sympathy for addicts. I can't have empathy because the only thing I've been addicted to is cigarettes.

She has to want help before she can get help and all the mandated sobriety help in the world isn't going to work until she decides she wants to be clean. That is just how I see addiction from my stand point.

It's sad to watch someone struggle with addiction and not only see them flounder but see the path of devastation their life choices made while under the influence or under the grasp of addiction in the life's of their loved ones.

Makes me shake my head. Not in disgust but in sadness at such a wasted life.

All JMHO.

I don't feel sorry for her. How old is she/ 40 or something? She's had years upon years upon years to clean up her act. She has the best motivation in the world to do it - her children & grandchildren. She's watched her entire world fall apart b/c of drugs and she's taken donations from kind-hearted people and still she cares more about drugs. If she doesn't want to take responsibility for her own life, then so be it.

Have you looked at this woman lately? She looks older than I do and I am older than GGMS..
Her daughter is getting ready to be sentenced to God knows how many years in prison..
One of her sons has just been sent off to do a stint of 15 years.
Her husband is in jail.
And thats not to mention all the stress due to Haleigh's disappearance...
She is basically homeless, no prospects of ever getting a job... No family..She is alone...An outcast in a town w/o pity...

Granted she is an addict, but she has no where to turn to to get the help she needs...And All LE does is keep throwing her in jail...Do they need the money down there that damn bad?Why doesn't someone get her the help she needs...

Bottom Line.. Lisa has hit her bottom..Fallen in to the HOLE... She just doesn't know HOW to pull herself out of the hole... JMHO

Then isn't it possible that if she were held in jail for a few weeks or months she would get straight enough to realize that she could (and needs) to be sober to function and make her way through all of this? IDK, really, that is why I am asking for input from the rest of the posters here. My experience with addiction is very limited and the addict I am still dealing with was shooting Roxies (much different than a crack user or even a person who orally ingests pain pills, I think). In my case...I left her happy butt in jail and there she sits for quite some time to come yet. I could bond her but I refuse, at least until she has been in and clean for 90 days. Then I may consider it, if she agrees to go to a residential treatment program for a year, IDK.

ETA: I'm sorry for derailing the thread. I'll stop now and go do some research on addiction. It's just hard to discuss LC and not end up back at this same point.

Then isn't it possible that if she were held in jail for a few weeks or months she would get straight enough to realize that she could (and needs) to be sober to function and make her way through all of this? IDK, really, that is why I am asking for input from the rest of the posters here. My experience with addiction is very limited and the addict I am still dealing with was shooting Roxies (much different than a crack user or even a person who orally ingests pain pills, I think). In my case...I left her happy butt in jail and there she sits for quite some time to come yet.

She has been..She was arrested in Tennessee, held there for several weeks and then brought back to Florida and was in jail for sometime there...Somone else may remember for just how long, because I can't remember, but she was in jail for at least a month, if not longer...

Then isn't it possible that if she were held in jail for a few weeks or months she would get straight enough to realize that she could (and needs) to be sober to function and make her way through all of this? IDK, really, that is why I am asking for input from the rest of the posters here. My experience with addiction is very limited and the addict I am still dealing with was shooting Roxies (much different than a crack user or even a person who orally ingests pain pills, I think). In my case...I left her happy butt in jail and there she sits for quite some time to come yet.

I agree 100%, she needs to be left in jail. She CAN do rehab in there & if nothing else, she will come off the drugs even if it is cold turkey. I swear I am not a cold hearted person, but I don't think making all of the pain of withdrawal should be made to go away. Perhaps with enough puke, sweats, wrenching gut pain, once they are off they will stay off. For someone like Lisa, considering where she has lived, a rehab center, despite how sparse, would seem like the Hilton. No matter what, a rehab bed, rehab food & more human interaction is far better than the cots in jail or the food. If rehab is cozy for her, she won't have a real good incentive to stay clean. Think about it, people at rehab will probably care more for her than anyone ever has, why not go back for more??
I have to admit that the addict, be it booze or drugs, were patients I HATED AND I MEAN HATED to get at the hospital. I felt nothing but anger b/c in my book, we all have a choice to say NO NO NO. To see an addict take up my time when I had a young mother or father down the hall fighting cancer, well it just made me sick. I saw the same patients come thru the door, time and time again, despite the many attempts at rehab. Instead of giving them drugs to cut the craving & make them sleep, we should have made them just detox.
Keep Lisa in jail, she will get clean, she will be warm, fed, given medical care but most of all she won't be able to sell to your kids ( b/c she would if it meant her getting more dope) or rob your house.

Does Putnam County have a "Drug Dorm" with a recovery program or is it all Gen pop? If anybody knows. Thanks.

It does help to hear all of the different opinions and takes on the situation, thank you all for the input, effort and time it takes to post it all, truly. Can anybody recommend a good site where I could learn more about addiction/recovery that is easy to understand? I am also interested in the statistics as to the percentages of success rates as compared to the length of time incarcerated and/or length of time in a residential program. Didn't I see a recovery forum/thread here at WS somewhere? I could take this there where it probably belongs more huh? Link?

This family needs to be the poster family for Breaking the Cycle, if this isn't a cautionary tale to break a family cycle I don't know what is, I just hope someone reading all the hell this drug infested environment has caused will learn from it, because it is painfully obvious that it won't be any of the Croslin's learning it themselves.

Who are the people
that will post bail
To keep Lisa Croslin
out of jail?

It's obvious to me that Lisa Croslin isn't going to abide by the rules so I don't know why they keep giving her so many chances. Lock her butt up now and get her off the streets. It's the first of the month so if any of them were getting disability, social security, food stamps, or whatever, that could have easily equated to her get out of jail card, money to bond out with. This is just ridiculous. I'm sorry but I don't feel pity for this woman. Had this been the first time this woman had been arrested, I might feel sorry for her but not someone who continually breaks the law. Maybe it's time now for her to serve REAL TIME IN PRISON, maybe then she might be able to get some help to rid herself of her addiction but obviously she isn't ready to change yet else she would realize that in order to stay out of jail, you have to abide by the rules, even more so if you are on probation. All I can say is that she must like jail food better than I would, of course if she is spending all of her money on drugs, then I guess jail food to her would be like me eating at a 5-star restaurant. No wonder all of her kids are screwed up. JMO.

Initially, LE let Lisa out of jail - nowhere to go, no money for food, nothing. She was helped by caring people who just couldn't stand the thought of this happening to anybody. We have many here who are caring about taking in animals just because they were dumped. Lisa was not involved with whatever happened to Haleigh. Yes, she is the Mother of Misty and Tommy, but as many here have said, they also have children who have made mistakes. We don't know yet just how bad the mistakes were that her children may have made. I don't know who paid her bail or just exactly what her violation was, but after reading the scanner thread, I don't believe she is the biggest threat going in PC. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa