Donna Brock

This is just a theory, based on MOO, but I think LE had a problem with Tim Miller, (for some reason), so they jabbed it to Donna Brock. to prove a point?

I think you have a very valid point dodie. I don't think LE in those parts care for people trying to solve a case that they themselves need to solve. I do believe that she was purposely slammed with this sentence just so she will learn her lesson and not mess with the "good ole boys". I know there are some of you who will throw tomatoes right now, fine, I'll make spaghetti sauce.:croc:

I think you have a very valid point dodie. I don't think LE in those parts care for people trying to solve a case that they themselves need to solve. I do believe that she was purposely slammed with this sentence just so she will learn her lesson and not mess with the "good ole boys". I know there are some of you who will throw tomatoes right now, fine, I'll make spaghetti sauce.:croc:

Well I will get the pot out, for the water to boil the pasta, let me be so clear, I wouldn't want to get 15 years for that one!

I think they made an example of her and they should have done that with someone else, not her. A first offense, Wow is all I can say. They really sent a message, but I don't think it was just for Donna. If someone had asked me to do what she did, get Misty to talk, as much as we have been wrapped up in this case, I can't say I would have said no. Now you can throw tomatoes. We all make mistakes and have poor judgment calls.

Well I will get the pot out, for the water to boil the pasta, let me be so clear, I wouldn't want to get 15 years for that one!

I think they made an example of her and they should have done that with someone else, not her. A first offense, Wow is all I can say. They really sent a message, but I don't think it was just for Donna. If someone had asked me to do what she did, get Misty to talk, as much as we have been wrapped up in this case, I can't say I would have said no. Now you can throw tomatoes. We all make mistakes and have poor judgment calls.

Exactly! What good did it do to make an example out of Donna? She was sacrificed for absolutely no reason. Yes, she needed to serve a bit of time for her charges but not 15 dang years. I feel almost the same for Hope, emphasize, "almost" meaning not quite. This was definitely not Hope's first rodeo but however, you can't ignore her age and the fact that I do not believe that she was properly represented by her attorney.......but that's another subject. Personally, I think Ron's trial should have come up first. I think that that would have convinced either him or those involved with him to start singing like a canary.

Exactly! What good did it do to make an example out of Donna? She was sacrificed for absolutely no reason. Yes, she needed to serve a bit of time for her charges but not 15 dang years. I feel almost the same for Hope, emphasize, "almost" meaning not quite. This was definitely not Hope's first rodeo but however, you can't ignore her age and the fact that I do not believe that she was properly represented by her attorney.......but that's another subject. Personally, I think Ron's trial should have come up first. I think that that would have convinced either him or those involved with him to start singing like a canary.

So who do you write too to voice your opinion? Did we ever see her on tape or anything like the others? I do remember Hope in the back seat with Ron, was Donna in that video? I think after hearing Hope's tape with her mom and some of the comments she made, the Judge had to send a message with her. But Donna, heck she did not have that bad A$$ attitude that I ever heard.

So who do you write too to voice your opinion? Did we ever see her on tape or anything like the others? I do remember Hope in the back seat with Ron, was Donna in that video? I think after hearing Hope's tape with her mom and some of the comments she made, the Judge had to send a message with her. But Donna, heck she did not have that bad A$$ attitude that I ever heard.

This is just my humble opinion here but I expect a judge to "JUDGE" someone based upon the evidence at hand and not by how they feel when they get their feathers ruffled. Hope is a young hothead and the judge should have raked her over the coals for her attitude but not just slam the door on her whole young life. I think that was a bit of overkill and the judge took her attitude personally. A judge is suppose to be above that; this one wasn't. Retaliation comes to mind. I have seen judges at times throughout my life who appear to have a God complex and act accordingly.

And where was Hope's attorney when all this happened?

As of now, I have not seen a video tape of Donna dealing drugs; however, that doesn't mean that it isn't out there somewhere. I've heard that she was caught on tape, however, I have not seen it.

I've never held a strong opinion about Donna B one way or the other because she had absolutely nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance, and imo, has nothing to contribute toward finding her.

I am very sorry to learn that she has a son who's been hurt. One can only imagine how painful this ordeal is for the young man, and my heart goes out to him. I feel sorry for Donna, too, and for all non-violent first offenders subjected to the harsh mandatory minimum sentences in Florida and elsewhere. The laws that mandate the punishment are costing taxpayers a fortune, and I have to wonder if their impact on the drug trade is worth the price.

Now here comes the BUT...she's a grown woman who made a foolish mistake of her own volition. Whether she's a "pillhead from way back" or never touched a pill in her life, in this instance, she is guilty of violating a law. She was not unfairly targeted by LE. When the sting was set up, I think LE could pretty well predict that some of the usual suspects -- Misty's known cohorts -- would become involved. Misty was no drug dealer. If she were going to sell drugs to the UC, she'd have to get them from somewhere. I seriously doubt, however, that LE could have known that Donna B would become a source. She had no record and lived in Orlando part-time, not even PC.

As for the photo that was linked in the OP, it tells me nothing about Donna Brock other than she kept her nails manicured.

All of the transactions were recorded on video tape, Bern. Excerpts from two of the tapes have been released. The recording of Misty and Donna's transaction with the UC is not one of them.

IMO, when the idea of min man's being used in trafficking cases, came about, I doubt this is what the average person had in mind. The average person probably thought like I did...that traffickers were the BIG DOGs, flying drugs in from Columbia, or wherever... not petty pill dealers. This IMO, puts too much power into the hands of cops, (set 'em up, lock 'em up), & leaves the judges with too little power. It's been my experience, that judges are a lot smarter, a lot more sensible, & a lot more compassionant than cops, & they should not have that power stripped from them.

Tricia said that Donna's son reads here. Because you all are so compassionate, please feel free to write to him in this thread.

As for me, I'd like to say that I am very sorry this happened to your mom! People don't think about how their bad choices will devastate the ones they love the most. I can't even imagine what it is like to have this happen in your family and in such a public way. Your family is in my prayers!

Her sentance was a MINIMUM MANDATORY, and the judge couldn't sentence her for less. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have a past record, HE HAD to sentence her to the 15 years. JMO

I don't think I'm being unreasonable, because I've been keeping up with other Florida pill trafficking cases, & don't see where others are treated this harshly. Google the names, Angela Kopelakis & Heather Stackpoole, & you'll see my point. I'm gonna be real interested to see how these 2 cases turn out.

Unless a person is an undercover cop, you can't commit a crime or do wrong in order to make something right. It's foolish to try, to use Haleigh's case as a reason might infuriate a judge, and to blame Tim Miller doesn't seem right either. He may have encouraged Donna to befriend Misty, but I have a hard time believing that he would tell anyone to go that far. He must have thought for some reason that she'd fit in and be able to connect with Misty though. It's hard for me to feel sorry for anyone involved with drugs due to personal reasons and seeing what it does to the children of these people. Junior was still with Ron and around Misty back when all this happened, and Haleigh was probably murdered due to drugs. All they're good for is destroying the life and health of children , but people who sell dope could give a crap less. For Donna's son's sake, I hope she gets an early release and does okay while inside. Does anyone know if the doctor she got these pills from has ever had to answer?

IMHO, I think she was just another victim. Starting off to get inside information for TES to help find Haleigh. Then Misty sucks her in and she got too involved. It happens to many people. I'm sure in the beginning her intentions were good, but somehow ran off course. There are many victims of Misty Cummings -- Haleigh being just one of them.

MOO

Mel

To Donna's son:
I'm not sure who the real Donna B is beyond a woman who has made some bad decisions in her life. How many of them, I don't know. But whoever she may be and whatever is said about her, remember that you are your own person and you can make the decisions in your life that you want. I'm sure her sentence and the whole scandal of being involved in something like this hurts the whole family now, but don't let the hurt define you. However little the people on the internet may know about your mother they don't know you at all. What is being said about your mother is not a reflection of YOU, although you love her.

To Donna's Son... When you read something hurtful, that some faceless stranger has written, just remember...you know your mom. We don't. I hope everything works out for you & your family. Good luck.

Dear Donna's Son,

I know that it is very hard to have to deal with all of this and have to read or listen to what people say, and know that most of what they say is wrong. My mom never went to jail, but she was committed all the time for drinking when we were kids. The whole town knew my mom and that she was a drunk. The mothers on my street forbid their kids to play with me or come to my home, even for a birthday party. So people are cruel and talk about stuff they don't know about. But my attitude was exactly like your mom's in that picture, I flipped them all off and held my head up and helped her as much as I could, took care of my baby sister and at some point, it didn't matter any more. I moved away, and those people lost interest in my life and my mom's. So it will pass, and she will be okay, and everything really is for a reason. I know that sounds lame just about now, but she may be able to reach people in jail and you may be able to great things in spite of this. I have done things in my life because of all the hurt, things that matter and help others, and if I hadn't gone through what I did, I could write to you the way I am doing now. Hold up your head, forget all about what others say or think that is hurtful and concentrate on loving you mom back to health and finding the lesson in all of this. I just wrote a greeting card that has a picture of Buddha on it and the saying is this....

Doubt Everything

Find Your Own Light......... Buddha

Good luck, much luck and I will keep you all in my prayers. If I find out where your mom is, I will write too. Hope that is okay to post, if not mods please delete from my message.

I am sure I will be corrected if wrong - couldn't LE have charged Donna with less? She obviously was not involved with the disappearnce of Haleigh and once arrested had she known any info from Misty, I think she would have spilled her guts. I know here, the difference in a sentance is plus or minus one pill or one gram... LE tied the hands for the judge but Donna was in the wrong, just treated unfairly considering what we have learned about people who skate charges at all.

I feel that is Ron can strike a deal with the state for his larger MM's to be dropped for providing information on his own daughters disappearence at the trial (IF there is one), who mind you has a record longer than i am tall (when that information should have been giving up on day one!) The surely Donna, being a first time offender, could have gotten less then 15 years....

The judges can drop MM's they did for Ron!!!!!!

She trafficked drugs across state lines for the purpose of profit. She engaged in behaviors with people known to have drug issues. She involved herself in a road rage incident with Misty. She sat in the back of the vehicle while drug deals were going down with the UCO.

She isn't a first time offender. She is an offender who was continuing to offend until she got caught. I haven't seen her record, so can't say whether this was the first time she was caught, but given the damage done with her behavior, I reassert, she is where she deserves to be.

No one here thinks she should have gotten off without some time, we are saying that 15 years was over kill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back