2010.09.07 - Ron talking to LE per AH on JVM

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All righty then, if I were Ronald, I'd confess to anything and everything I'd ever done illegally and cover any and all bases as to evidence, witness coorboration, etc., so it can't be used against him and/or proven without using what he has given the SA during his reign as "Queen for a Day."

Sorry, it just digusts me that it has taken a "deal" to get this man to talk. I am confident that RC won't be able to keep his end of the bargain. I just hope the SA holds steadfast to the consequences Mr. Cummings will suffer should this happen.

All righty then, if I were Ronald, I'd confess to anything and everything I'd ever done illegally and cover any and all bases as to evidence, witness coorboration, etc., so it can't be used against him and/or proven without using what he has given the SA during his reign as "Queen for a Day."

Sorry, it just digusts me that it has taken a "deal" to get this man to talk. I am confident that RC won't be able to keep his end of the bargain. I just hope the SA holds steadfast to the consequences Mr. Cummings will suffer should this happen.
I'm looking at this as Ron is not the killer, & I think he will hold up his end of the bargain...not because he's an honorable guy, but because he's serious about getting a lighter sentence.

I'm looking at this as Ron is not the killer, & I think he will hold up his end of the bargain...not because he's an honorable guy, but because he's serious about getting a lighter sentence.

I certainly don't claim to know who the killer is. I was referring to any and all crimes or illegal activity, whether it be owning a machine gun or involvement in Haleigh's disappearance.

If Mr. Cummings isn't directly involved, at the very least I think he knows what happened to Haleigh and I think he knew prior to the 911 call.

This case is so bizarre, in the end, I don't think I'll be surprised as to the outcome. Perhaps, but I don't think so. The possible scenarios in this case change weekly in my mind.

Kolo, I always found it hard to believe that the aunt was there with GMSykes that evening. Just look at how that information unfolded. It is my belief that Teresa was trying to refute the claims of Misty not being at the mh that evening....Teresa needed away to place Misty at the mh and to be seen by someone in the Cummings family AFTER Ron went to work. Kinda like "she was there because I sent a family member over there and they saw HER".

First
-Teresa claims that "she sent a family member over" to check on the kids. She did not mention who this family member was. And she said she sent A family member over, not plural. so I assumed she sent one person over there.

Then
-GMSykes comes to her defense and claims that SHE was the one that stopped by the mh that evening. And although we heard alot of "we", GMSykes didn't mention who was with her that evening.

-Misty, initially, did not mention that GMSykes had been at the mh Feb.9th. We did not hear Misty admit to her being there until August, I think. And then Misty is the one who brought up the Aunt being there as well. That was the first time we heard that name.

IMO, Teresa and GMSykes were together that evening. I was thinking that maybe when all this happened, Misty was told not to mention them being there or Misty was not present when that visit occurred.

So, IMO, Misty had to add that little bit of information in August because Teresa and GMSykes had already put it out there to the public. So, once again, they needed Misty to back up that part of the story. And Misty did just that. But not until August when Teresa demanded that Misty be tested AGAIN with the help of Nejame and Tim Miller.

There is no doubt in my mind that Teresa and the Cummings put Misty in the hot seat and then set out to destroy her credibility. For their own purposes.

JMO of course

I couldn't sum this up any better myself suspicious. Your account plainly shows the involvement of Ron's Mom and Grandma. Thanks for adding this to the mix. To me it makes sense. jmo

Kolo, I always found it hard to believe that the aunt was there with GMSykes that evening. Just look at how that information unfolded. It is my belief that Teresa was trying to refute the claims of Misty not being at the mh that evening....Teresa needed away to place Misty at the mh and to be seen by someone in the Cummings family AFTER Ron went to work. Kinda like "she was there because I sent a family member over there and they saw HER".

First
-Teresa claims that "she sent a family member over" to check on the kids. She did not mention who this family member was. And she said she sent A family member over, not plural. so I assumed she sent one person over there.

Then
-GMSykes comes to her defense and claims that SHE was the one that stopped by the mh that evening. And although we heard alot of "we", GMSykes didn't mention who was with her that evening.

-Misty, initially, did not mention that GMSykes had been at the mh Feb.9th. We did not hear Misty admit to her being there until August, I think. And then Misty is the one who brought up the Aunt being there as well. That was the first time we heard that name.

IMO, Teresa and GMSykes were together that evening. I was thinking that maybe when all this happened, Misty was told not to mention them being there or Misty was not present when that visit occurred.

So, IMO, Misty had to add that little bit of information in August because Teresa and GMSykes had already put it out there to the public. So, once again, they needed Misty to back up that part of the story. And Misty did just that. But not until August when Teresa demanded that Misty be tested AGAIN with the help of Nejame and Tim Miller.
There is no doubt in my mind that Teresa and the Cummings put Misty in the hot seat and then set out to destroy her credibility. For their own purposes.

JMO of course

I also see it that misty was TOLD to make sure she tells about the visit and to mention liesa was there with GMA sykes. I think Sykes insisted she take the test and be sure to talk about that visit this time. Sykes wanted an opportunity to explain her companion w/o looking obvious. If it turns out Leisa wasn't the one, they will chalk it up to misty's lies.

I noticed that as well, azwriter. First, I just assumed that he was nodding to family members but aren't the family usually sitting behind the defendant?

I've seen them sitting on the right at the other hearings.

Here is what I go back and forth on and really can't seem to get my mind around. Why would Ron cover for Misty (by outing Donna Brock's cover) and why would he cover for Joe Overstreet?

I do think that if Misty/Joe/Tommy were all involved that Ron would have ratted them out from day one if he wasn't the main perp. Because Ron cares only about Ron. He doesn't care about Misty. She was the teenage sex object who he had around to take care of the children. She has his little sex object and basically the maid/nanny.

The reason Misty/Tommy don't rat Ron out, is not because they're scared of him. Is that they helped him out and are knee deep in whatever happened.

But here is the catch, most defense lawyers do not advise their clients to even take a proffer because they are put under a cross exam from hell, and basically their client tells their story, and LE can go out and investigate that story and get evidence against the defendant from other sources. Basically only the prosecutor can be at an advantage during a proffer. A defense lawyer would say a defendant is putting their foot in their mouth during this session.

So this means one of two things:

1) LE/SA has something against Ron that hasn't been made public and that is what made Ron "play ball" with the SA. OR 2) It was the tough prison sentence he could get if he didn't do the proffer session.

OR MAYBE even both.

One thing I'd love though was to be a fly on the wall while the SA put Ron under cross exam! :woohoo:

And Misty isn't ratting out Ron, because she most likely helped out from the get-go. She was there when it happened and there after the fact. Her attorney has most likely advised her not to rat out Ron, and keep on blaming Overstreet to distract LE, because Fields knows Overstreet is not gonna talk.

If Misty keeps LYING - it will only help her. Because the truth hurts her.

And here is the reason I think the SA made the deal with Ron, not because they think he is innocent RE Haleigh, like Ron's supporters say, but because he is the only one that hasn't talked and he is the one that LE most likely want to talk to the most.

Remember he lawyered up EVEN BEFORE MISTY AND TOMMY.

My opinion is, the one who lawyered up first is the one who did it.

When Ronald is in court his family sits on the opposite side of the court room.
That way they have a clear view for ronald to see them,
At the other cases they sit behind the defendant.

I noticed him nodding too, but after the nod, as he was looking away, seems like as he was turning his head, there was a slight head-shakeing, as "no". I could be wrong. Maybe the person he was talking to asked him something. Was I the only one that noticed that?:waitasec:

Here is what I go back and forth on and really can't seem to get my mind around. Why would Ron cover for Misty (by outing Donna Brock's cover) and why would he cover for Joe Overstreet?

I do think that if Misty/Joe/Tommy were all involved that Ron would have ratted them out from day one if he wasn't the main perp. Because Ron cares only about Ron. He doesn't care about Misty. She was the teenage sex object who he had around to take care of the children. She has his little sex object and basically the maid/nanny.

The reason Misty/Tommy don't rat Ron out, is not because they're scared of him. Is that they helped him out and are knee deep in whatever happened.

I totally agree with all this. I fully believe the only person Ron would cover for MAYBY, is Tn, possibly GGMS. And then they wouldn't let him cover for him. They would still bail him out on that. MOO

There was a time when I thought Ron was the killer. But there were so many people, (Nancy Grace etc), who seemed positive that he wasn't, so I assumed they were getting information, that we weren't getting. So, with that thinking, I figured that Ron was covering for Misty. I even thought the dead rat was to keep Tommy quiet about Misty. Ron's kind of different, lol, so I CAN see him covering for Misty...up to a point. & that point would be when it backfired on him. & that's where I think we might be, right now. But, my real problem with this theory, is Tommy's Joe stories. He has implicated himself so much, that the only 'truth' that could hurt him more, is if he was the killer. & I think that's the case. Now, how does Ron fit into this? IDK, because logic says that Ron wouldn't cover for Tommy any more than Tommy would cover for Ron. So, this is what I think might be possible. Ron had a boat load of crimes to cover, (drugs, guns, teen lover, & who knows what else), so while he was covering his own hide, Tommy benefitted by association. Maybe at 1st, Ron assumed he was covering for Misty, but later, when he found out the truth? he didn't care.

I really have a problem with Misty being the ringleader and have Ron cover for her. That IMO is a stretch.

"Let me cover for this teenage sex toy/maid/babysitter who has cheated on me right before my daughter vanished???" Nope. Doesn't make sense IMO.

Ron is in it for Ron only. Not Misty, not Tommy, not Joe and CERTAINLY the big headline is this: RON ISN'T IN IT FOR HALEIGH. Only himself.

There was a time when I thought Ron was the killer. But then so many people, (Nancy Grace etc), seemed sure that he wasn't , that I assumed they were getting information, that we weren't getting. So, with that thinking, I figured that Ron was covering for Misty. I even thought the dead rat was to keep Tommy quiet about Misty. Ron's kind of different, lol, so I CAN see him covering for Misty...up to a point. & that point would be when it backfired on him. & that's where I think we might be, right now. But, my real problem with this theory, is Tommy's Joe stories. He has implicated himself so much, that the only 'truth' that could hurt him more, is if he was the killer. & I think that's the case. Now, how does Ron fit into this? IDK, because logic says that Ron wouldn't cover for Tommy any more than Tommy would cover for Ron. So, this is what I think might be possible. Ron had a boat load of crimes to cover, (drugs, guns, teen lover, & who knows what else), so while he was covering his own hide, Tommy benefitted by association. Maybe at 1st, Ron assumed he was covering for Misty, but later, when he found out the truth? he didn't care.
There was a time when I entertained the theory that Ron was an accessory, but IMO the evidence all points to him being the main target.

But here is the catch, most defense lawyers do not advise their clients to even take a proffer because they are put under a cross exam from hell, and basically their client tells their story, and LE can go out and investigate that story and get evidence against the defendant from other sources. Basically only the prosecutor can be at an advantage during a proffer. A defense lawyer would say a defendant is putting their foot in their mouth during this session.

So this means one of two things:

1) LE/SA has something against Ron that hasn't been made public and that is what made Ron "play ball" with the SA. OR 2) It was the tough prison sentence he could get if he didn't do the proffer session.

OR MAYBE even both.

One thing I'd love though was to be a fly on the wall while the SA put Ron under cross exam! :woohoo:

Good Lord Levi, IMO the list of what LE/SA has on Ron could be endless. But when it comes to the magnitude of crimes Ron may be hiding, I would say mainly it had to do with an illegall firearm. One that he got by stealing from someone else and therefore could not register and own legally. It had to be a type of gun that posessing it would slap him silly with fines and jail time. It's only a guess on my part. But since you brought it up, I'm putting that on the list of things Ron tried to cover when it came to fessing up about what happened to his daughter.

I believe that if Misty was the ring leader, she wouldn't have gotten caught in so many lies, and Ron wouldn't have "directed" her interviews the way he did. MOO

There was a time when I entertained the theory that Ron was an accessory, but IMO the evidence all points to him being the main target.
I agree that Ron was the main target, because I think LE was sick of his non cooperation, his meddling mother, & his going about his life like Haleigh never existed. I even think LE might have suspected him as the killer. But...Tommy has managed to twist everything around. Who I thought was a probably just a minute player, (maybe an accessory to an accessory, in exchange for drugs), has managed to put himself right in the thick of all the action. IDK, but I think LE might be as surprised by this, as I am, & his tales have thrown most of my theories right out of the water. If he's not guilty, then why not tell a story that can be proved? & I think Misty is covering for Tommy, & Ron's been covering for his own crimes. Also, when LE made this drug bust, I don't think they knew for sure which one had done what, but they knew they had all of the participants, so I really think they've been trying to put the puzzle pieces together, just like us. & I know we're missing some big pieces, but I personally, can't ignore what I consider, to be Tommy's self incriminating stories, lies, & actions. I can't think of 1 good reason, for him to not snitch on Ron...except that if he did, Ron would snitch right back, & he'd get in more trouble.

I agree that Ron was the main target, because I think LE was sick of his non cooperation, his meddling mother, & his going about his life like Haleigh never existed. I even think LE might have suspected him as the killer. But...Tommy has managed to twist everything around. Who I thought was a probably just a minute player, (maybe an accessory to an accessory, in exchange for drugs), has managed to put himself right in the thick of all the action. IDK, but I think LE might be as surprised by this, as I am, & his tales have thrown most of my theories right out of the water. If he's not guilty, then why not tell a story that can be proved? & I think Misty is covering for Tommy, & Ron's been covering for his own crimes. Also, when LE made this drug bust, I don't think they knew for sure which one had done what, but they knew they had all of the participants, so I really think they've been trying to put the puzzle pieces together, just like us. & I know we're missing some big pieces, but I personally, can't ignore what I consider, to be Tommy's self incriminating stories, lies, & actions. I can't think of 1 good reason, for him to not snitch on Ron...except that if he did, Ron would snitch right back, & he'd get in more trouble.

IMHO..Last I heard Tommy has stated LE doesn't want to hear about Ronald's involvement so IMHO it is quite possible Tommy has told all he knows about what happened...
IF he indeed went with Jo to the river and to his knowledge Haleigh was put in the water there by Jo then he has told what he knows...However I'm not certain such an incident even occcurred..
Did Tommy ever mention he saw Jo put Haleigh in a black bag?
I may be wrong and someone please correct me IF I am but hasn't it been revealed Tommy stated he saw a lifeless Haleigh lying on the seat? That to me indicates she may not have been placed in a bag when he saw her...
So was she paced in a bag and put in that dumpster by Tommy and Jo and then later removed by them to the dock or was it a member of Rons family who removed her to another place and could the dock be just another red herring? JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
*Starbuttercup*
Back