GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get tacking on every charge possible in order to serve justice but kidnap seems to negate the mothers roles in crimes such as these.

I think you are right, we need one of our verified attys to weigh in on this.

off to look up the actual law on this (though no attorney on this end, it seems like this should be easily figured out)

I'm thinking this is how the kidnapping comes into play here? Still trying to figure out NC law on this re: both Teghan and Shaniya (very different, yet the same on this charge?) Any NC attorneys, please speak up!

<1) whether the victim was bound, (2) whether the victim was injured, (3) whether the victim was moved, and (4) how long the victim was restrained.>

Thank you Oriah, you may be onto something, perhaps when he restrained little Teghan that could be considered kidnapping. We were all thinking of it in the snatched from a parent without authorization variety of kidnap but restraining the child or preventing her from leaving or getting help in order to avoid further torture could I guess be termed "kidnap".

Thanks again for checking on that. I will await final word from a lawyer but I seriously think you may have solved our msytery.

Thank you Oriah, you may be onto something, perhaps when he restrained little Teghan that could be considered kidnapping. We were all thinking of it in the snatched from a parent without authorization variety of kidnap but restraining the child or preventing her from leaving or getting help in order to avoid further torture could I guess be termed "kidnap".

Thanks again for checking on that. I will await final word from a lawyer but I seriously think you may have solved our msytery.

I would like to hear from an attorney as well, but I do think that any of those situations could by law fall under 'kidnapping' in NC?

The ways and means of 'kidnapping' by law :(

I am glad for added charges (if that's what it means) but saddened that there is a need.

I served Jury Duty on a case where someone broke into a movie theater and made the manager go up to the safe and open it. Mind you, though, this is Georgia. The man was charged with robbery and kidnapping. We were told the legal definition of kidnapping was holding someone against their will. If Teggy has any kind of restraint marks, this is probably where this would come into play? And since Mom willingly left her with this ... Y chromosome ... she is culpable?

Ok y'all. All of that makes sense. Thanks so much. I could not wrap my head around why. Like I said, I've only seen it in 2 cases. Both against children in NC.

Again, thank y'all so much.

Little Teghan, I think of you and so many others, so much. But I know you are in a better place. Rest in peace little girl.

The more I read and think about this case, the more nauseated I become. I keep coming back to the fact that Teghan was left with this subhuman murderer, by her own 'mother', despite the fact that she herself was afraid of him. This tears at my heart and makes me SO angry at her! That poor sweet baby.

The more I read and think about this case, the more nauseated I become. I keep coming back to the fact that Teghan was left with this subhuman murderer, by her own 'mother', despite the fact that she herself was afraid of him. This tears at my heart and makes me SO angry at her! That poor sweet baby.

ITA. this is my first reply in thread actually, I was so sickened I couldnt even post to say so. even SICK does not begin to cover it. too sick for any words.

I realize things are supposed to be done with "due process," but doesn't it seem like due process takes forever?? What happened to the right of a speedy trial??

(I'm so impatient).

I realize things are supposed to be done with "due process," but doesn't it seem like due process takes forever?? What happened to the right of a speedy trial??

(I'm so impatient).

the right is for the accused, not the victim - a system I agree with yet truly hate in many cases...

Well I finally emailed Sheriff Bizzell. Here is my email and reply sent by his assistant.

Ms. XXXX, Sorry for the delay in responding to your email. There was an article in the News & Observer on Saturday referring to the District Attorney seeking the death penalty in this case. As it relates to the future progress / trial, this case is now in the hands of the District Attorney. Thanks so much for your interest in this case. Sincerely, Steve Bizzell, Sheriff of Johnston County

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:01 PM
To: Info sheriff
Subject: Website E-Mail for Sheriff Bizzell

================================================================
Message from: Kim XXXXX
Phone Number: 919-*advertiser censored*-XXXX
Return E-mail address:
kim.xxxxxxxer@xxxxxxxx.com
================================================================

Dear Sheriff Bizzell, I have been keeping up with the case of Teghan Skiba. The last I knew Richardson had a court date on Tuesday Sept 7th. I have not heard any word of the result of that court date I've scanned news tv and newspapers. Could you be so kind as to give an update please?

Sooo I searched the N&O and I'll post what I found FINALLY! :banghead: :furious:

Johnston County District Attorney Susan Doyle said Thursday that she plans to seek the death penalty in two high-profile murder cases.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09...k-death.html#storylink=misearch#ixzz0zcLzzboN

SMITHFIELD -- Johnston County District Attorney Susan Doyle plans to seek the death penalty in two high-profile murder cases.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09...illings.html#storylink=misearch#ixzz0zcMP9DBD

Basically the exact same article with one or two words changed is it. :furious:

bumping for Tehgan. We are still watching and awaiting justice for you sweetpea.

DA race turns negative

SMITHFIELD -- The campaign for district attorney in Johnston, Lee and Harnett counties is heating up as incumbent Susan Doyle and challenger George Murphy mount attacks against each other.
Earlier this month, Murphy, a Benson Democrat, announced that he had launched a website, thetruthaboutsusandoyle.com. Against a backdrop of unflattering photos of Doyle, the site attacks her handling of the murder case against Tiffany Ann Bassett, who was charged with killing her boyfriend in 2006.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09/27/704978/da-race-turns-negative.html#ixzz11Vyodjqe

Marie,

JoCo (Johnston County) has had a lot of problems recently with the court system.

It is sad because they have the best sheriff in NC.

Put it this way, I recently got a speeding ticket there... NC is pretty lax on speeding (with in reason). Hire a lawyer, it'll be taken care of. I was worried that wouldn't be the case, it still was. They had a big issue with DWIs being DROPPED recently. That isn't good.

Bumping for Teghan - still no news that I can find.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88