WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cant see the window change :( I keep watching but nothing sticks out that says the window is going down, BUT if someone in that vehical was watching her and is the perp then wouldnt he/she have pulled out around the same time and follow her, as i can see MC's car pull out drive around the corner and though the light and the car in the parking lot sits there as if noone is in the car or are there for other reasons

Poor thing. Could this have been a woman driving this murder with a man helping. Some type of jealousy and rage?

No sexual assault?

No sexual assault - this leads most of us to believe they are close to her

No sexual assault - this leads most of us to believe they are close to her

COD 3 different types of attacks, strangulation, BFT and one stab wound to the neck - sounds like more than one perp taking turns. I am thinking this is a peer in the same or near the same age group - maybe a jealous woman or two. Has this been discussed?

I am just jumping in here I know. Explains the meeting in the remote area?

I always hope this type of call means they nabbed one of Makenzie's killers. "Walla Walla" for anyone out of the area, is a park in Wenatchee.

10C10430 ASSIST AGENCY 23:41:11 09/14/10 HARRIS MIKE ACT

WENATCHEE POLICE DEPT,

5 WPD AND 1 CCSO UNIT ENRT WALLA WALLA TO PICK UP HIGH RISK FELON

AND RETURN - THREE VEHICLES IN THE CONVOY

Walla Walla is also a prison. Isn't it possible they were picking up someone to bring back to town for trial? I know there are a couple pending murder trials in the county and the accused aren't sitting around in county jail, they are down in one of the state pens.

I remember hearing though, that she had a business card from one of the douglas county police officers. (Another poster on here had also received a card from this officer.) Maybe she had the card because she was gathering info for the police department (long shot i know) and whoever she was going to nark on got wind of it and took her out.

Interesting but wouldn't the officer remember giving the business card??? I mean because the phone number thing is kinda big.....:waitasec:

I still cant see the window change :( I keep watching but nothing sticks out that says the window is going down, BUT if someone in that vehical was watching her and is the perp then wouldnt he/she have pulled out around the same time and follow her, as i can see MC's car pull out drive around the corner and though the light and the car in the parking lot sits there as if noone is in the car or are there for other reasons

I couldn't either......

I saw the video showing the window that looked like it was going up and down several times. The person in the car may or may not have anything to do with the murder. They/he/she may have known about the cameras and didn't want to be videoed following Mac out of the parking lot if they had something to do with the murder. They/he /she could be alerting (calling) another person/s situated along the way that she was leaving and she( Mac) wouldn't get suspicious that someone was following her also.

Walla Walla is also a prison. Isn't it possible they were picking up someone to bring back to town for trial? I know there are a couple pending murder trials in the county and the accused aren't sitting around in county jail, they are down in one of the state pens.
Excellent point!. In retrospect, that does seem logical. I think the prison idea is right, but it seems weird to me that a "help" call would be made on the radio, instead of the agencies having it all worked out in advance if, indeed, a high-risk transfer. Well, this is Wenatchee. nuff said?

Interesting but wouldn't the officer remember giving the business card??? I mean because the phone number thing is kinda big.....:waitasec:

maybe it is an undercover kind of thing and they don't want this info known...I think the person that posted that they had also received a card was someone named flowergirl. I will try to find the old posts.

Just wondering...if an oversight perhaps, but in the thread "header" indicates MC went missing on (Saturday) 6 Feb 2010 when it was actually (Tuesday) 9 Feb 2010 --> found deceased (Saturday) 13 Feb 2010? Is it possible to get this information corrected?

Some place on the blotter there should be an address, I believe that it is sometimes located at the top of the page with a reference number to the call....

I watched a documentary last week and I found out something that I think may pertain to this case.

The documentary was about woman serial killers and while I don’t think that MC was killed by a serial killer, I do believe that some evidence in this case have some similarities to s serial. During the documentary an investigator stated, ‘men kill for sexual gratification of some kind, woman kill for control.’

The first thing I thought of was MC. She was not sexually assaulted. There are a couple of reasons a male would not have assaulted her and I assume that LE would know if one of the reasons may have existed. The second part of the statement is ‘woman kill for control.” This statement fits MC’s case.

I wish we had access to the FBI profile and the raw evidence.

I was thinking about that myself. I did not see the documentary but......girls can be mean....I really do find it hard to believe that there are no clues....I have watched the TV program Snapped several times and it is all about weird women so.......what can we do to figure it out???? It is disgusting...that someone is getting away with this and especially if it was a "so called friend". If we go with the killer girl idea. I can't even imagine how her parents and boyfriend feel.......I also wonder why .....if this is an " unknown" the LE should still be concerned about it "not being an isolated case." So do you think they know who did it and can't prove or did they mess it up?(crime scene) Or maybe it is a serial killer.....but would LE warn us???? It is a very sad world we live in.....:devil::devil:

I was thinking about that myself. I did not see the documentary but......girls can be mean....I really do find it hard to believe that there are no clues....I have watched the TV program Snapped several times and it is all about weird women so.......what can we do to figure it out???? It is disgusting...that someone is getting away with this and especially if it was a "so called friend". If we go with the killer girl idea. I can't even imagine how her parents and boyfriend feel.......I also wonder why .....if this is an " unknown" the LE should still be concerned about it "not being an isolated case." So do you think they know who did it and can't prove or did they mess it up?(crime scene) Or maybe it is a serial killer.....but would LE warn us???? It is a very sad world we live in.....:devil::devil:

While I believe that LE always has good intentions when they make decisions, there have been several active serial killers in the United State and no word is spoke of those serial killers until they are caught. There are some exceptions; however, the rule seems to be to not disclose the fact until they think it will help them.

For example: the Grim Sleeper investigation was exposed by the media. LE did not come out and say we have a serial killer on the loose. another good example, the Maura Murray case. As far as I know, the case has not been officially labeled a serial; however, there is evidence that an as of yet unnamed serial may be responsible. The latest news I heard is that all evidence that was given back to the family has been confiscated and is being held. Also there are several unsolved murders and or missing person cases in the area, along the highway. Again the last word was LE denies that a serial is working the highway.

I believe that the FBI statistics are that between 20-50 serials are active in the United State and I have yet to find a list anywhere that shows where these serial linked cases are located.

Looks to me like LE hates admitting that serials exist until they find the killer. Would it not be better if they warn us, so that we could be careful and make more detailed observations of our surroundings. Sure there is the possibility the a serial may move but announcing that there are related murders will not necessary stop them.

With MC's case, look at the time lost because LE did not consider what we the public could do? If we knew about the knives, phone, any video (known and unknown), and the official time line of events shortly after the murder, we would have asked more questions, made better observations, and used our short term memory to remember what we saw, heard, or found. We may have even looked around our property.

I wish everyday for this case to be solved!!!!

Jimmy

The Pacific Northwest draws SKs lik a magnet.http://www.seattlepi.com/local/109337_serial20.shtml I still wonder if we have one here in Wenatchee or did we have one just passing through. They(LE) tell us so little This week has had some strange high weirdness. First, a man crawls over, climbs over, or, in some way, is found to be in the Columbia River, on the downriver side, where he, later, is found, washed up, dead at the Orondo St. Boat Launch. Then, yesterday, The WW runs a story of a man who gets pulled over for a routine traffic stop, apparently, near Moses Lake(a nearby town then, promptly pulls out a handgun and kills himself. I'm confused.

The Pacific Northwest draws SKs lik a magnet.http://www.seattlepi.com/local/109337_serial20.shtml I still wonder if we have one here in Wenatchee or did we have one just passing through. They(LE) tell us so little This week has had some strange high weirdness. First, a man crawls over, climbs over, or, in some way, is found to be in the Columbia River, on the downriver side, where he, later, is found, washed up, dead at the Orondo St. Boat Launch. Then, yesterday, The WW runs a story of a man who gets pulled over for a routine traffic stop, apparently, near Moses Lake(a nearby town then, promptly pulls out a handgun and kills himself. I'm confused.

Maybe the guy that shot himself was wanted for something and thought he was caught. Maybe they will tell us and maybe not. You are so right about the weirdness. The SK stuff was interesting and eye opening. I wonder what causes so many to be in WA. All the woods???? I hate it getting dark so early because I am afraid to go out in my yard even to take out the trash. Sad isn't it??? And again no news to catch the "bad ones".

OMG..I just heard on KPQ radio that LE is searching a location on Chelan Street about 1 block from where she was last seen leaving work.....:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member