PA PA - Betsy Aardsma, 22, murdered in Pattee Library, Penn State, 29 Nov 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website is back online.

We are now: www.whokilledbetsy.org

Not completely functional yet, but working on it.

Glad the website is back up. I took a look and saw you finally named the suspect. As I recall, he was pretty high on the suspect list all along. Wasn't he also thought to possibly be involved in Lindy Biechler's murder? I know that the evidence you all have gathered will come out in time. Once again, thanks for the link to the website. I'm definitely going to stay tuned for more info...you and the others have worked so hard on this. Trooper Barrows really seems to have taken this case to heart!

Trooper Barrows has done a great job. Rick Haefner was strange from the beginning (reference the 2009 State College Magazine article where he was outed for the first time, by Sascha and I), and he just kept getting stranger.

I hope to have the website fully functional by the weekend, although I am not going to put some of the articles, etc., back up, because the focus has changed a bit to be about gathering information on Haefner that could conclusively prove that he did it.

And yes, Biechler's murder happened not far from his home, but I'm not sure where I stand on his possible involvement in that...

Good job and good luck, Littlehorn.

I'd love to see the Aardsma case solved.

2 cases I really want to see solved are Lindy's and Betsy's.

If you are interested in these cases, you MUST look at the Dana Bailey case as well as that of Holly Branagan.

Betsy's was a bit different than that of Holly's, Dana's, or Lindy's, but there is some common locations, and shared MO.

Lindy lived near RH. Holly had just been accepted to Penn State, of course Betsy was already in Penn state at the time of her murder, and Bailey was also killed while attending Penn state.

Lots of interesting coincidences, but no real connections between all of those cases.

Look for an article in State College Magazine's October issue about some of the new work. Unfortunately there wasn't space in the magazine for a lot of the good stuff, but they are also going to put up some of the old articles online, as well as possibly an expanded version of the new article.

The Betsy Aardsma case, Rick Haefner's possible involvement, www.whokilledbetsy.org, and Sascha and I will be covered in an article in the Lancaster Sunday News, coming out either this Sunday or next Sunday, from what I have been told. Should be a very interesting piece. When it comes online I will try to post a link.

Look forward to reading that! Please send me a link.

Will do, I'll try to keep everyone posted as to when it's coming out. I was told that all intentions were for it to come out this Sunday, but at worst case, next Sunday.

Does anyone have a scan of the "Case Closed?" State College Magazine article or have a link to it online? The article isn't posted on the SCM site and the magazine isn't available to us out-of-staters.

Unfortunately I don't have a scan of it at the moment. I understand SCM is working on putting it online, but not sure what the status of that is.

Littlehorn, I'm glad to see you're back as well as your very well done site.

If you remember we'd talked about this a long time ago. I have been thinking of this case often and was disheartened when you closed down the site.

I'm so glad you're back and hope we can find Betsy's killer..

kindest regards,
Sneezy

Littlehorn, I'm glad to see you're back as well as your very well done site.

If you remember we'd talked about this a long time ago. I have been thinking of this case often and was disheartened when you closed down the site.

I'm so glad you're back and hope we can find Betsy's killer..

kindest regards,
Sneezy

Yes, I recall speaking with you about this. Good to hear from you again! As you can see, we've done quite a bit. Hope you enjoy the work. I think the finding part is over, now it's just the making it concrete instead of circumstantial.

Yes, I recall speaking with you about this. Good to hear from you again! As you can see, we've done quite a bit. Hope you enjoy the work. I think the finding part is over, now it's just the making it concrete instead of circumstantial.

I wish you the best of luck....I was wondering if you could put a picture of the suspect side by side with the composite sketches...I think it could be helpful and boost your case. I see a resemblance.

I must admit, when your site was gone i was sad I had printed a few pages before it was gone and tried to sleuth it a little on my own, but always mourned the resource your site had been.

I wish you the best of luck....I was wondering if you could put a picture of the suspect side by side with the composite sketches...I think it could be helpful and boost your case. I see a resemblance.

I must admit, when your site was gone i was sad I had printed a few pages before it was gone and tried to sleuth it a little on my own, but always mourned the resource your site had been.

I don't have a scan of it, but if you pick up the most recent State College Magazine, there are pictures there that I provided from Rick's estate that show how much he resembles either possible sketch of the killer.

Littlehorn, I am curious, why do you think the police are reluctant to consider Haefner a stronger suspect? Also, can you at this point give any other details regarding the anon letter mailed in Aardsma's case? I am curious for a few reasons, one being that you may be able to compare that writing with the writing of Haefner.

I think there are several reasons, but the main one is that there is still work being done. That's all I can really say.

Littlehorn, do you know if State College Magazine is sold down towards the Harrisburg Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88