Art Harris article: Misty Cracks (changes story again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I would like to know, what reason would Tommy have to go to the MH and take Haleigh? I thought Misty and Tommy were getting high that night, IMO Haleigh and Jr. were not with Misty at that time. Was it not also reported that Ron had called Tommy at the Magnolia address? This is all way confusing, I feel sorry for all the good LE that are working on this case.
I also want to know why Tommy pressured her to go along with it. Go along with what and why? To me this says that something had already happen if she had to go along with it. JMO :cow:
To many holes in this article..:banghead:
I think Tommy pressured her into going along with the 'Joe did it' story. But, when did they work that story up? & if Tommy's not guilty, why did he put that story, A LIE, out there? & I do believe he was behind that story, not Misty, because he was in the middle of everything, & Misty was just a scared, hiding witness, with not much to add. She acted as no more than a back-up to Tommy.

I agree with you, but I don't. I think Ron was an abuser, who preyed on young girls, but because of her early life, she was hardened & could 'handle it'. So, although I don't see her as meek & full of fear, I do see her as a victim, but I doubt she labeled herself a victim, but that doesn't make what Ron did, 'ok'. It just means that he picked his victims wisely. She probably saw herself in love & associates love with violence. just part of the game. With that said, I don't think she has been covering for Ron, out of fear. That doesn't make sense, & actually, if she covered for him, IMO, it was because of their 'ride or die' mentality. The same with him, if he was covering for her. But, if she covered for Tommy, that's a whole different scenario, because she had her parents & his kids to consider. But, until the 'Joe did it' stories came out, I never saw what looked like her covering for him.

I do think Misty has be victimized in her life, no question about it.
She is the victim of drug addicted parents. Victim of no education. She was groomed perfectly to be the type of girl Ron could manipulate and control into taking care of his kids. That I agree with.

That Misty is or was in fear for her life from Ron, I don't believe. She was out drinking/binging/and banging WBG the weekend before this happened. He brought her home. Didn't beat her, hospitalize her, took her home and left her in a care taker role. Didn't go after WBG. Assaulted Tommy (who is a huge wimp) and didn't really harm him. I just don't see Ron as this terrifying bully everyone wants to make him out to be.

I think Misty is protecting Ron because it is beneficial to Misty, not Ron. Misty cannot take anyone down (cousins, brothers, lovers, grandma's, or phantom strangers) without putting herself in harms way. Either that or she was so high she doesn't know what happened, but I think she would have admitted to THAT if that was the truth.

moo

Okay so putting aside the reliability of Art Harris's story completely.

We have a claim that Misty has given an entirely new version

Tommy did it. She was there, she knows and Tommy knows.

That's it.

And that is resulted in roughly four pages of threads of how Ron has orchestrated it and how everyone else is inovled in the cover up some way.

Ron is now in prison for 15 years. Tommy is in Prison for 15 years. Tommy may fear Ron in prison, maybe, but what fear of Ron in Prison does Misty have. She is yet to be sentenced and she won't be housed with him.

So all of these "theories" that misty and tommy spin incorporate everyone and their dog in putnam county, but they have yet to accuse Ron. Yet most people here are convinced that he is the main organizer of this crime... and yet he is never pointed at or blamed by these rambling incoherenet ever changing stories.

Sure her mom said it was Ron she was most afraid of. That's one source.

Can someone explain this phenomena to me?

An entire family is so afraid of Ron (locked up for the next 15 years). That they run around in circles involving all of their siblings and making it worse for themselves and never ever point the finger at him?

That makes no sense people. If all of these people are cracking - the obvious answer is to throw the "bad" man to the wolves. The man who isn't related to you and the man already in jail.
Totally agree - IMOO

I don't know if it was ever reported before, but I always felt that Misty called her mother for advice that night. & I figured that's why cops kept arresting her & Hank. cuz who is a scared young girl gonna call? her mom. But, is this all that was said? IDK, because we don't have the phone records to see how long they talked. But Misty calling her mom is a bombshell, IMO, & it either points to her being scared & not guilty, or to Lisa being in on a cover-up...but that I don't really see. So, the puzzle pieces are quickly coming together now. Let's see if this is just another flurry of activity, that leads to nothing, or if this is the real deal. finally.

In the Art Harris article there is a video interview with Lisa Croslin, IIRC Lisa states that Misty called her when she could not find Haleigh.

She is the victim of drug addicted parents. Victim of no education. She was groomed perfectly to be the type of girl Ron could manipulate and control into taking care of his kids. That I agree with.

That Misty is or was in fear for her life from Ron, I don't believe. She was out drinking/binging/and banging WBG the weekend before this happened. He brought her home. Didn't beat her, hospitalize her, took her home and left her in a care taker role. Didn't go after WBG. Assaulted Tommy (who is a huge wimp) and didn't really harm him. I just don't see Ron as this terrifying bully everyone wants to make him out to be.

I think Misty is protecting Ron because it is beneficial to Misty, not Ron. Misty cannot take anyone down (cousins, brothers, lovers, grandma's, or phantom strangers) without putting herself in harms way. Either that or she was so high she doesn't know what happened, but I think she would have admitted to THAT if that was the truth.

moo
We agree on a lot, but I don't think Misty is protecting Ron. not to benefit herself, or for any other reason. I think Misty was just going with the flow. & why not? nobody was getting arrested, there was lots of drama going on, life was exciting, & they were all 'celebrities'. But now,the reality of long prison sentences have set in, Ron & Tommy got 15 years & Tommy was named a suspect, by LE, in court. The jig is up.

Thats what I would like to know, what reason would Tommy have to go to the MH and take Haleigh? I thought Misty and Tommy were getting high that night, IMO Haleigh and Jr. were not with Misty at that time. Was it not also reported that Ron had called Tommy at the Magnolia address? This is all way confusing, I feel sorry for all the good LE that are working on this case.
I also want to know why Tommy pressured her to go along with it. Go along with what and why? To me this says that something had already happen if she had to go along with it. JMO :cow:
To many holes in this article..:banghead:

"IT" appears to play a big role in this case, doesn't it? Joe said "I didn't do IT!" Misty said "Tommy did IT!" Ron says "Whoever did IT he was going to kill them. Tommy said that "Joe didn't know that he saw IT in the back of the van". None of them will just come out and say just what IT means exactly. Frustrating!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well, I am going to be very interested in hearing Tommy's response to all this. Either he will call Misty a liar and say she's just making up stories on him again...or he will admit his part in this crime, if any. And maybe--just maybe--the truth is going to come out.

And then everyone will know. But that doesn't mean anyone would be convicted if they went to trial. I just think there is more than reasonable doubt in many people's mind. I still think the only way anyone will be held accountable for harming Haleigh is if someone confesses and gives each and every detail, signs the confession, and then pleads guilty to the crime (no jury).

All JMO.

Misty Croslin now claims it was her own brother, Tommy Croslin, who came to the trailer that night, took Haleigh and fabricated the cousin Joe-machine gun story.

Then, my sources say, she told police Tommy pressured her to go along with it.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/26...isty-changes-story-not-cousin-joe-overstreet/

IIRC, the first word we ever heard about the Joe/machine gun story was months after Tommy and Misty both were locked up for the drug charges.

When, exactly, did Tommy put all of this pressue on Misty?

IIRC, the first word we ever heard about the Joe/machine gun story was months after Tommy and Misty both were locked up for the drug charges.

When, exactly, did Tommy put all of this pressue on Misty?

Good question.

I often wonder if AH even has sources. For all we know, he could be making stuff up as he goes along...and hiding behind "my sources tell me..."

Levi will be on JVM and from what it seems so will Chelsea, so get your wine and cheese ready for some more crock out of Chelsea IMO. She lied on NG and IMO will Lie again tonight to a certain extent. I keep hearing the words that were used when LE said that they feel Haleigh is dead and they have "several POI", and one of them we would of never thought of. Who would that be? One of the grandmas maybe? Ron? Chelsea and Timmy?
We have had Misty, Tommy and Chelsea point the finger at Joe.
Now Misty is pointing the finger at Tommy as to "Knowing what all Happen, He took Haleigh". She didn't say why though, she just said he came to the MH and took her. What reason would he have to do so?
I question what happen to Haleigh before Tommy got there? Was Haleigh alive then? Was Misty there when Tommy came over?
Again, IMO Misty is to afraid to tell all, may of been to doped up, and that is why she is saying ask Tommy... She wants him to be the one to tell LE who really killed Haleigh so that she doesn't get the wrap for squealing. IMO, he was sent over there. Maybe by Ron? Who knows, I just wish LE would get the information they need and press charges already on the right POI's.

:cow:

TN....was babysitting, Haleigh drugged so she would sleep; OD MOO

Here's another problem or two I have with all this then.

It's really difficult to explain away the fact that Tommy has already (in previous "confession story") put himself as accessory to murder - in the van, at the river, ... isn't it? :crazy:

Why would he put himself there, if it were not somehow necessary?

Yes, it is crazy to put yourself there like that. Unless you have to.

I think this confession of Tommy's tells us that Tommy is, indeed, in this thing. Is there some physical evidence forcing this amount of confession out of Tommy? Surely Tommy gave that much up because he felt he had to. (Did he also believe it might help Misty somehow?)

Would Tommy seek to protect Ron by throwing himself out there as accessory? Nope, I don't think so.

Would Tommy be willing to attempt to protect Misty by throwing himself out there as accessory to evil Cousin Joe? Yes, I think so, but ... only if he actually was accessory or worse.

Would Tommy protect himself by spinning this yarn? Yes. Tommy could put his Cousin Joe in the role of killer, and himself as accessory to avoid the murder rap and pin it on his Cousin Joe. He'd have no problem with that. Clearly, even his Grandma Flo would buy that one. And being accessory after the fact is better than being the murderer.

So, Tommy's protecting himself - and maybe Misty - with his previous confession.

Conclusion for now: Tommy's gotta be in this thing.

So....

Why would Misty not roll on Tommy and let him get away with murder all of this time? Sisterly loyalty? (hmmmm...not so sure)

Or is it her compassion for Lisa and her love for her niece/nephews? (more likely)

Or is Misty, in fact, the murderer/lethal-doser, and Tommy simply her accessory after the fact? (yes, yes, very very likely)

All that time - did she protect Tommy, urge his silence, because it protected herself?
(could explain things)

Will this be a sister/brother he-said/she-said?

Does Ron have a stake in Misty's efforts to protect her brother Tommy? Unable to get home, was his best option to encourage Misty to enlist Tommy's help and stage a break-in/kidnapping to keep the whole sordid mess a secret?

Will it be a Misty/Ron he-said/she-said too?

And finally...:waitasec:

Misty has, for a long time, been pointing to Tommy. Limply. But still - pointing to Tommy. The door was bumped - to paraphrase - "like the way my brother does it when he robs a house". Tommy "messed with me" when I was little. And more paraphrasing "Tommy robbed the neighbor - oh - and oh yeah the yellow rope in the house..." Restraining order against Tommy.

Then again... Ratgate against Tommy points to Tommy as more of an accessory to be silenced rather than as the murderer...

IMO, anyway you slice it - we've got Misty & Tommy in the hot seat.

IMO, Ron and Misty needed & actually encouraged Tommy's silence. :shutup: (rat)

We have Ron pointing limply at Cousin Joe, but, IIRC, Ron never pointed at Tommy. Why?

Misty limply pointed to Tommy and also to Cousin Joe off and on as a "back-up scapegoats" - Ron's idea?

Misty never points at Ron and sports her devotion to him on her backside - IMO because Ron can do most damage to her. Ron KNOWS.

Perhaps Misty's only playing card in this sordid deck was that she simply did what Ron (or his family) told her to do to his daughter.

And now Ron can deny that, unless evidence or witness can BORD-ly link whatever killed Haleigh to Ron.

I guess Misty can try to do this, but ... I fear that's a he-said/she-said loser.

It's up to Tommy and/or Misty to put Ron there that night. If they can't ... I think we can all see why Ron got the plea deal.

And some might begin predicting a Misty/Tommy shared culpability in a court of law for the loss of our angel Haleigh. :cry:

moo

I definitly can see your point, impatienthead. I do believe that Ron has always been in control of Misty. And when a woman/girl with low self esteem, and who has always been victimized as Misty has, gives up contorl to a man with a controling/ abusive nature, it is almost impossible (or difficult to say the least) to gain back your own power without some kind of therapy or support. We know Misty has little/no support from anyone.

okay. Here's my big question why still is no one interjecting Ron into their story of what happened that night. It just doesn't make sense. They have possibly interjected those that were not even involved[i.e. JO].. They have implicated themselves[Misty and Tommy] over and over in the various stories but yet not once have either even slightly alluded to Ron's involvement whatsoever in any of these "bombshell" accts.

I cannot be the only one that sees this and sees that it doesn't add up. There is no reason in this entire universe that Ron's part in this murder/cover up would still after all this time, after all these grueling interrogations that have pushed both Misty and Tommy to the breaking point, literally.[suicide watch]...

A headless rat or any other crazy threats given by a wanna be gangsta type, aka RC would not be keeping these two or anyone else involved from telling of Ron's involvement.. It doesn't make sense..

The bessst explanation I can muster up is... they ain't too bright. And.. we don't know ALL if what Misty has said this last interview.

Sorry to quote myself, but I wanted to splain what I meant by "they". I meant the players in putnam county, not my WS poster friends.:blushing:

Levi will be on JVM and from what it seems so will Chelsea, so get your wine and cheese ready for some more crock out of Chelsea IMO. She lied on NG and IMO will Lie again tonight to a certain extent. I keep hearing the words that were used when LE said that they feel Haleigh is dead and they have "several POI", and one of them we would of never thought of. Who would that be? One of the grandmas maybe? Ron? Chelsea and Timmy?
We have had Misty, Tommy and Chelsea point the finger at Joe.
Now Misty is pointing the finger at Tommy as to "Knowing what all Happen, He took Haleigh". She didn't say why though, she just said he came to the MH and took her. What reason would he have to do so?
I question what happen to Haleigh before Tommy got there? Was Haleigh alive then? Was Misty there when Tommy came over?
Again, IMO Misty is to afraid to tell all, may of been to doped up, and that is why she is saying ask Tommy... She wants him to be the one to tell LE who really killed Haleigh so that she doesn't get the wrap for squealing. IMO, he was sent over there. Maybe by Ron? Who knows, I just wish LE would get the information they need and press charges already on the right POI's.

:cow:

I'm still thinking an incident between Ron and Misty happened at the Magnolia residence.. Ron hightailed it in to work and left Misty to clean up the mess.. Tommy was called to go over there..
I suspect Haleigh was deceased when he got there...
What Ron said or did to convince him to help I don't know.. I'm thinking Misty may not have wanted to do whatever it was Ron wanted her IF it is true Tommy had to pressure her to do it..Maybe that is WHY she wouldn't take his calls..
IMHO..Ron somehow talked Tommy in to hiding Haleigh in that dumpster until Ronald could make arrangements to move her to another location..
I don't believe Tommy killed Haleigh...

okay. Here's my big question why still is no one interjecting Ron into their story of what happened that night. It just doesn't make sense. They have possibly interjected those that were not even involved[i.e. JO].. They have implicated themselves[Misty and Tommy] over and over in the various stories but yet not once have either even slightly alluded to Ron's involvement whatsoever in any of these "bombshell" accts.

I cannot be the only one that sees this and sees that it doesn't add up. There is no reason in this entire universe that Ron's part in this murder/cover up would still after all this time, after all these grueling interrogations that have pushed both Misty and Tommy to the breaking point, literally.[suicide watch]...

A headless rat or any other crazy threats given by a wanna be gangsta type, aka RC would not be keeping these two or anyone else involved from telling of Ron's involvement.. It doesn't make sense..

I cannot speak for why they might not be saying what they might not be saying.

I can say this: From my perspective, Ron acts guilty of something. I do not know what it is, but I view Ron's behavior and inappropriate statements as important to the events that unfolded that fateful February night. Ron did not cooperate with LE in the investigation beyond the initial inquiries--there has to be a reason for that. Haleigh was his daughter and it boggles the mind that he quickly removed himself from helping LE find her or find out what happened to her.

Now, it is possible that Haleigh ingested a drug and Ron was told that it was his drug...and he might have no way to refute that. But regardless of what Misty/Tommy/Chelsea/NayNay/Hollars/Fields/Werter/Shoemaker say or do not say, whether Ron was directly involved in Haleigh being harmed is up for debate still, and I see nothing wrong with anyone debating it. My hinky meter says Ron was heavily involved in derailing the investigation and, again...there has to be a reason for it.

Here's another problem or two I have with all this then.

It's really difficult to explain away the fact that Tommy has already (in previous "confession story") put himself as accessory to murder - in the van, at the river, ... isn't it? :crazy:

Why would he put himself there, if it were not somehow necessary?

Yes, it is crazy to put yourself there like that. Unless you have to.

I think this confession of Tommy's tells us that Tommy is, indeed, in this thing. Is there some physical evidence forcing this amount of confession out of Tommy? Surely Tommy gave that much up because he felt he had to. (Did he also believe it might help Misty somehow?)

Would Tommy seek to protect Ron by throwing himself out there as accessory? Nope, I don't think so.

Would Tommy be willing to attempt to protect Misty by throwing himself out there as accessory to evil Cousin Joe? Yes, I think so, but ... only if he actually was accessory or worse.

Would Tommy protect himself by spinning this yarn? Yes. Tommy could put his Cousin Joe in the role of killer, and himself as accessory to avoid the murder rap and pin it on his Cousin Joe. He'd have no problem with that. Clearly, even his Grandma Flo would buy that one. And being accessory after the fact is better than being the murderer.

So, Tommy's protecting himself - and maybe Misty - with his previous confession.

Conclusion for now: Tommy's gotta be in this thing.

So....

Why would Misty not roll on Tommy and let him get away with murder all of this time? Sisterly loyalty? (hmmmm...not so sure)

Or is it her compassion for Lisa and her love for her niece/nephews? (more likely)

Or is Misty, in fact, the murderer/lethal-doser, and Tommy simply her accessory after the fact? (yes, yes, very very likely)

All that time - did she protect Tommy, urge his silence, because it protected herself?
(could explain things)

Will this be a sister/brother he-said/she-said?

Does Ron have a stake in Misty's efforts to protect her brother Tommy? Unable to get home, was his best option to encourage Misty to enlist Tommy's help and stage a break-in/kidnapping to keep the whole sordid mess a secret?

Will it be a Misty/Ron he-said/she-said too?

And finally...:waitasec:

Misty has, for a long time, been pointing to Tommy. Limply. But still - pointing to Tommy. The door was bumped - to paraphrase - "like the way my brother does it when he robs a house". Tommy "messed with me" when I was little. And more paraphrasing "Tommy robbed the neighbor - oh - and oh yeah the yellow rope in the house..." Restraining order against Tommy.

Then again... Ratgate against Tommy points to Tommy as more of an accessory to be silenced rather than as the murderer...

IMO, anyway you slice it - we've got Misty & Tommy in the hot seat.

IMO, Ron and Misty needed & actually encouraged Tommy's silence. :shutup: (rat)

We have Ron pointing limply at Cousin Joe, but, IIRC, Ron never pointed at Tommy. Why?

Misty limply pointed to Tommy and also to Cousin Joe off and on as a "back-up scapegoats" - Ron's idea?

Misty never points at Ron and sports her devotion to him on her backside - IMO because Ron can do most damage to her. Ron KNOWS.

Perhaps Misty's only playing card in this sordid deck was that she simply did what Ron (or his family) told her to do to his daughter.

And now Ron can deny that, unless evidence or witness can BORD-ly link whatever killed Haleigh to Ron.

I guess Misty can try to do this, but ... I fear that's a he-said/she-said loser.

It's up to Tommy and/or Misty to put Ron there that night. If they can't ... I think we can all see why Ron got the plea deal.

And some might begin predicting a Misty/Tommy shared culpability in a court of law for the loss of our angel Haleigh. :cry:
If Misty sticks to this story, then Tommy's really in the hotseat, because he's sticking to the Joe story...which Misty is calling a lie. So, by both of their admissions, Tommy's in on IT, but only by his admission, does Joe play a role. Joe is the winner here, Tommy's the loser, & Misty's still just the 'key'. Tommy obviously gave up some real info that led to some real evidence, so he can't claim coercion by cops, & he really really needs Misty to back him up. His only options are to call Misty a liar & stick with his Joe story ,or to blame Misty in a he said she said, but that will backfire on him, because he can't claim that he was an accessory because of a knife wielding, raging Misty. If Misty's guilty & he helped, then he has no real choice but to fess up, but he's gonna have a hard time explaining why he blamed an innocent man. Honestly, I believe Tommy is guilty. I don't know why or how, or if Misty was home or gone, but Tommy is a lifelong loser. That's not bashing. It's just the truth. He got arrested, snitched on Misty for being gone, (was that a lie?), but instead of straightening up, & learning from the fear of that impending prison sentence, he just turns around & screws up again & again. He had his chance to slide out of this mess, but he blew it.

Okay so putting aside the reliability of Art Harris's story completely.

We have a claim that Misty has given an entirely new version

Tommy did it. She was there, she knows and Tommy knows.

That's it.

And that is resulted in roughly four pages of threads of how Ron has orchestrated it and how everyone else is inovled in the cover up some way.

Ron is now in prison for 15 years. Tommy is in Prison for 15 years. Tommy may fear Ron in prison, maybe, but what fear of Ron in Prison does Misty have. She is yet to be sentenced and she won't be housed with him.

So all of these "theories" that misty and tommy spin incorporate everyone and their dog in putnam county, but they have yet to accuse Ron. Yet most people here are convinced that he is the main organizer of this crime... and yet he is never pointed at or blamed by these rambling incoherenet ever changing stories.

Sure her mom said it was Ron she was most afraid of. That's one source.

Can someone explain this phenomena to me?

An entire family is so afraid of Ron (locked up for the next 15 years). That they run around in circles involving all of their siblings and making it worse for themselves and never ever point the finger at him?

That makes no sense people. If all of these people are cracking - the obvious answer is to throw the "bad" man to the wolves. The man who isn't related to you and the man already in jail.

Speaking only for myself, I don't know what "Tommy did it - ask Tommy" actually means. Nor do I can't be sure from Art's writing who his sources are for this information. "Sources close to the family and the investigation". :waitasec: Is that family sources? Or is that LE sources? Or is that both?

However, only Lisa Croslin is quoted, and if AH's source is Lisa Croslin, well ... good golly miss molly... nuff said. Apparently, per the article, even Lisa Croslin doesn't seem to know what her daughter means by "Tommy did it". :shakehead:

Hmmmm...BTW...

I wonder how long until we might get some sunshine benefit of this jail house tape of Misty & Lisa & "Tommy did it".

We haven't had tapes from Misty in a long time...I'm almost rested enough to sit through another hour or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member