Is the fact that Terri hasn't been arrested indicative of lack of evidence?

I wonder. Perhaps the searches on SI indicate that they're looking at other possibilities. Let's see, a RSO living on SI, as noted above. Plus all the SOs in Vancouver, as I researched and reported in another thread way back when.

If a predator snatched him, seems to be that SI would be the logical, quick 'n easy place to dispose of him. So sad to think about all of this.

Yes, I believe that TH has not been arrested because LE does not have the evidence they need. I doubt that she will be arrested. MOO

All JMO

I don't think she's going to be arrested "soon" but I am confident there is ALOT going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. ;)

I wonder. Perhaps the searches on SI indicate that they're looking at other possibilities. Let's see, a RSO living on SI, as noted above. Plus all the SOs in Vancouver, as I researched and reported in another thread way back when.

If a predator snatched him, seems to be that SI would be the logical, quick 'n easy place to dispose of him. So sad to think about all of this.

Also, I believe Kaine said in the beginning why they were searching SI before was because it was a place they had all been before, and that Kyron had also gone on school trips there. The family things were pumpkin patch etc.....Could be multiple reasons to be searching there IMO.

I am sure each member of the family had to think back if anyone ever paid a little too much attention to Kyron where ever they were, anything out of the ordinary.

To be fair to LE, they have no obligation to the "viewing public" to "put up" until they have the strongest case possible.

If they "shut up" which has mostly been the case... the public leaps to the assumption that there is no case and millions have been wasted.

On the other hand, if they "put up" a few comments that show the case is progressing, LE is criticized that these statements are not as complete as the public's instant gratification standards would like. It makes sense that their comments are "vague" because the first priority is protecting the integrity of the case, as it should be.

I don't understand how LE comments can be BOTH "vague" and "meaningless"....AND also meet the definition of "salacious."

I have seen no deliberate attempt by LE to "rile the masses." I'd appreciate some examples of that so I might better understand. How do "vague" and "meaningless" comments.... "rile the masses?" I might respectfully suggest we are too easily "riled" if that was actually the case.

And IMO, THE most "salacious aspect" of this case..the Murder for Hire plot...came not from the mouths of LE to the public...but through court documents filed by the victim-to-be.

If LE found the witness claiming Murder for Hire by Terri...they had an obligation to tell Kaine. Kaine was certainly within his rights to take Baby K, get a RO, and file for divorce...all "public" events. Should a man have to live with a woman he believes tried to have him killed...to protect her reputation from these "salacious" revelations during a missing person's investigation? I think that's asking a lot.

We have heard wise words from Kyron's loving Dad this week..."be patient." The hammer will fall when LE is ready.

"Put up or shut up" only serves the demands of the curious general public. But, it is not the general public who comes FIRST...who needs to have it's desire for details satiated. The integrity of the case comes first. It is Kyron that needs to be afforded justice...for whatever that little guy endured.
this post was all that and a bag of chips! Thanks Miss Mary! ITA!

I don't understand how LE comments can be BOTH "vague" and "meaningless"....AND also meet the definition of "salacious."

RSBM, I just had to say that statement was right on!! Thank you!! :blowkiss:

I am not sure where to put this so forgive me. :) All just my own opinion...my humble opinion....

I am beginning to think that perhaps LE never did suspect Terri. The more I think about it, the more things fall into place. Especially the fact that Kaine and Desiree always spoke on their own, and LE would never have any comment...

The fliers with Terri and Dede on them... perhaps they weren't what they seemed (to me anyways). Perhaps they were simply trying to rule things out, figure out who was or wasn't in the truck or if someone totally unrelated was seen in a white truck that morning. Dede may have had time unaccounted for so as investigators, they needed to rule her out of the mix of who was seen.

Has LE made statements that blatantly point the finger at Terri? I know they haven't said much (now that is an understatement lol) but I am honestly asking what LE themselves have stated. The comment made by LE about "surprises" in the case would lead me to believe that a surprise (at least me) would NOT be that Terri did something....

Terri hasn't been called to GJ yet. She still could be, couldn't she?

Again, just my thoughts, opinion.

ETA: I am just trying to figure out what LE thinks (NOT what Kaine and Desiree think)

Most often, but not always, the person that the DA is trying to get an indictment against is NOT called before the GJ. I do wonder why Michael Cook has not been called before the GJ, or maybe he has and we don't know.

I respect all my fellow posters and I have made clear that I am still somewhere on that fence with this case and Terri's guilt or innocence. I have read all the posts and appreciate everyone's varied viewpoints. I will not attempt to comment upon anyone else's opinion as I am only interested in posting my own. All others are equally valid.

In answer to the question posed by the thread - I do beleive a lack of charges or arrest of Terri is indeed indicitive of a lack of hard, prosecutable evidence at this time.

To be fair to LE, they have no obligation to the "viewing public" to "put up" until they have the strongest case possible.

If they "shut up" which has mostly been the case... the public leaps to the assumption that there is no case and millions have been wasted.

On the other hand, if they "put up" a few comments that show the case is progressing, LE is criticized that these statements are not as complete as the public's instant gratification standards would like. It makes sense that their comments are "vague" because the first priority is protecting the integrity of the case, as it should be.

I have seen no deliberate attempt by LE to "rile the masses." I'd appreciate some examples of that so I might better understand. How do "vague" and "meaningless" comments.... "rile the masses?" I might respectfully suggest we are too easily "riled" if that was actually the case.

And IMO, THE most "salacious aspect" of this case..the Murder for Hire plot...came not from the mouths of LE to the public...but through court documents filed by the victim-to-be.

If LE found the witness claiming Murder for Hire by Terri...they had an obligation to tell Kaine. Kaine was certainly within his rights to take Baby K, get a RO, and file for divorce...all "public" events. Should a man have to live with a woman he believes tried to have him killed...to protect her reputation from these "salacious" revelations during a missing person's investigation? I think that's asking a lot.

We have heard wise words from Kyron's loving Dad this week..."be patient." The hammer will fall when LE is ready.

"Put up or shut up" only serves the demands of the curious general public. But, it is not the general public who comes FIRST...who needs to have it's desire for details satiated. The integrity of the case comes first. It is Kyron that needs to be afforded justice...for whatever that little guy endured.

I think in this case the opposite is true, the public with very little information but a lot of finger pointing has been nudged in the direction LE very clearly wants them to go. The public have no problem in throwing more money at this, no money is wasted looking for a child.

Yes people will want as much information as possible and very little has been released, however what has been released, the flyers and even the ubiquitous "sources" have pointed the finger at 1 person with no explanation. Yes, when one does this people want to know the hoary details. It does not make sense that comments should be vague or otherwise, unless those comments be about a person of interest or suspect, LE oft states she is not a person of interest.

Implication is meaningless because you can always say, "well I wasn't talking about you," "salacious" is best vague, leaving us to suspect the worst of everything. IF MFH plot based on a tale by a landscaper many months after it supposedly happened and a failed entrapment by LE doesn't come under the banner of "salacious" I don't know what does. Most of us have decided this is fact, but as yet it isn't.

That one is easy, post flyers asking is you have seen "certain people" request information on where the persons truck was parked, accept as gospel the word of a Landscaper, advise a husband to get out quick and providing the courts with "Landscaper Gate", in fact focus on only one person. After this we, the masses will do the rest. I'm riled up about this if she did or didn't do it.

Supported by LE, he couldn't say that unless he had an LE source.

LE "found" the witness, already his credibility is shot, who then blurted out a MFH plot conceived months before which went unreported ? He waited to they came to him and then failed in the scheme to entrap.

We also heard from the mom this week too, a gut wrenching plea to help find her son, patience can be overrated when ones child is the one missing. She did more to inspire me to help than Kayne's plea for patience could ever do.

They wanted to arrest Terri for the MFH plot and hold her on that but it didn't pan out, but everything LE do is chivying us along a path they want us to take, I believe because they want to keep the pressure on Terri. Even the GJ was more of the same.

I understand the "Put up or shut up" stated in another post, one assumes they are dogging one person because they know more than we do, if they do then they must have enough to arrest her so why won't they? If they are waiting on finding Kyron we may be in for years of inactivity to resolution, if it ever does. People react this way because we feel the case is cooling off an unfortunately LE isn't infallible. We all want Kyron found and we want justice, no matter who is responsible.

The thanks button wasn't enough! Bravo! Great post! ITA! The police are not obligated to Kyron and what happened to him, not feeding the hungry public what it wants when it wants. I applaud them for keeping this case so close to the chest. That has be increasingly hard to do everyday this case drags on. It's so hard to be patient, but I know I have to be, and I know Kyron will get justice someday. I do hope it's sooner rather than later, but only time will tell.

Argh, I meant to say the police ARE obligated to Kyron and what happened to him, but now I can't go back and edit it. Sorry for any confusion. And I still think time will eventually tell the tale. We don't know what LE has, and we just have to live with that. There's no real way to know either way if they have enough or not. All we can do is speculate and hope something happens soon to end this stalemate. Or if not, we'll be waiting a while, possibly years...

The only thing that can be said with reasonable certainty is that Terri has not been arrested because the DA does not have enough evidence to convict her of Kyron's murder.

We can spend months debating (and we have) where the case against Terri falls on the spectrum between no evidence and just waiting for a body but it seems reasonable to conclude that wherever it is on the scale, it is not enough evidence to make the DA confident of obtaining a conviction. It seems unfathomable in a case this high profile that the DA would sit on a clearly convictable case waiting for investigators to pretty up immaterial loose ends or hoping that an extra piece of evidence turns up.

Most often, but not always, the person that the DA is trying to get an indictment against is NOT called before the GJ. I do wonder why Michael Cook has not been called before the GJ, or maybe he has and we don't know.

IMO people are trying to read too much into who has appeared before the grand jury. When the witness list reaches into triple digits, it's clear that the DA does not have a workable case yet and is more likely trying to preserve testimony as opposed to obtaining an indictment. The DA is having everybody and anybody who could have potentially meaningful testimony give it under oath on the record while those witnesses are still available and events are relatively fresh in their minds. Witnesses and memories do not live forever but transcripts of grand jury testimony do. At the end of the day much of the testimony may turn out to be irrelevant and never again see the light of day but, when you don't know what happened, you can't know what will be relevant to the final case and what won't, so you collect and preserve it all for the grand jury that will eventually be asked to indict and possibly for the trial jury..

I think in this case the opposite is true, the public with very little information but a lot of finger pointing has been nudged in the direction LE very clearly wants them to go. The public have no problem in throwing more money at this, no money is wasted looking for a child.

Yes people will want as much information as possible and very little has been released, however what has been released, the flyers and even the ubiquitous "sources" have pointed the finger at 1 person with no explanation. Yes, when one does this people want to know the hoary details. It does not make sense that comments should be vague or otherwise, unless those comments be about a person of interest or suspect, LE oft states she is not a person of interest.

Implication is meaningless because you can always say, "well I wasn't talking about you," "salacious" is best vague, leaving us to suspect the worst of everything. IF MFH plot based on a tale by a landscaper many months after it supposedly happened and a failed entrapment by LE doesn't come under the banner of "salacious" I don't know what does. Most of us have decided this is fact, but as yet it isn't.

That one is easy, post flyers asking is you have seen "certain people" request information on where the persons truck was parked, accept as gospel the word of a Landscaper, advise a husband to get out quick and providing the courts with "Landscaper Gate", in fact focus on only one person. After this we, the masses will do the rest. I'm riled up about this if she did or didn't do it.

Supported by LE, he couldn't say that unless he had an LE source.

LE "found" the witness, already his credibility is shot, who then blurted out a MFH plot conceived months before which went unreported ? He waited to they came to him and then failed in the scheme to entrap.

We also heard from the mom this week too, a gut wrenching plea to help find her son, patience can be overrated when ones child is the one missing. She did more to inspire me to help than Kayne's plea for patience could ever do.

They wanted to arrest Terri for the MFH plot and hold her on that but it didn't pan out, but everything LE do is chivying us along a path they want us to take, I believe because they want to keep the pressure on Terri. Even the GJ was more of the same.

I understand the "Put up or shut up" stated in another post, one assumes they are dogging one person because they know more than we do, if they do then they must have enough to arrest her so why won't they? If they are waiting on finding Kyron we may be in for years of inactivity to resolution, if it ever does. People react this way because we feel the case is cooling off an unfortunately LE isn't infallible. We all want Kyron found and we want justice, no matter who is responsible.
bbm

Thanks--I comprehend this statement in the same way.

I am beginning to think that perhaps LE never did suspect Terri.

snipped to save space.

Everything is possible because we know rather little of what LE has been thinking but her own lawyer did say that she was a de facto suspect and IMO he wouldn't have thrown that in lightly.

snipped to save space.

Everything is possible because we know rather little of what LE has been thinking but her own lawyer did say that she was a de facto suspect and IMO he wouldn't have thrown that in lightly.

I thought it was Bunch who said that, not Houze. If Houze had said it, I agree with you. Bunch, I don't really know how good he is or if what he says carries any weight. But if LE didn't suspect her, I don't think Houze would have her hiding out and not speaking to anyone. Her lawyers and she are definitely acting like she is a suspect and are just waiting for her arrest to start putting on a defense.

The more I look at TH's timeline and the see where they are searching, I am wondering now if they absolutely know there is an accomplice, and they are trying to firm up the case against the accomplice, not necessarily TH before they go forward. In other words, I think LE has info that shows TH is responsible, but realize she could not have done this alone. IDK?

I thought it was Bunch who said that, not Houze. If Houze had said it, I agree with you. Bunch, I don't really know how good he is or if what he says carries any weight. But if LE didn't suspect her, I don't think Houze would have her hiding out and not speaking to anyone. Her lawyers and she are definitely acting like she is a suspect and are just waiting for her arrest to start putting on a defense.

Yes, it was Bunch.

IDK much about him either but I think he and Houze must be having some communication or collaboration and advise each other so that one atty doesn't do things that undermine the other atty's strategy. That's what I would do anyway. The attorneys were seen together in that one family court appearance that didn't have much if anything to do with Terri's defence in the criminal case.

It might have got Terri the abatement but I can't imagine that it would work in her favor otherwise in the divorce court to have her labeled a suspect in a child's disappearance so I think divorce attorneys would tend to be rather careful with such statements if there was a chance it wasn't true.

I found this interesting info (bolded below) @ the following link:

State of Oregon (respondent) v. David L. Rohlfing (appellant)

http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/A94743.htm

The speedy trial statute, ORS 135.747, provides:

"If a defendant charged with a crime, whose trial has not been postponed upon the application of the defendant or by the consent of the defendant, is not brought to trial within a reasonable period of time, the court shall order the accusatory instrument to be dismissed."

The statute applies to delay between indictment and arrest, as well as to delay between arrest and trial.

Also copied/pasted from the same link, Rohlfing's indictment was reversed:

Reversed and remanded with instructions to dismiss indictment with prejudice.

If I interpret this appeals case correctly, it appears that the clock *starts ticking* with regards to a defendant's right to a speedy trial from the moment a GJ hands down an indictment.

I found this interesting info (bolded below) @ the following link:

State of Oregon (respondent) v. David L. Rohlfing (appellant)

http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/A94743.htm

The speedy trial statute, ORS 135.747, provides:

"If a defendant charged with a crime, whose trial has not been postponed upon the application of the defendant or by the consent of the defendant, is not brought to trial within a reasonable period of time, the court shall order the accusatory instrument to be dismissed."

The statute applies to delay between indictment and arrest, as well as to delay between arrest and trial.

Also copied/pasted from the same link, Rohlfing's indictment was reversed:

Reversed and remanded with instructions to dismiss indictment with prejudice.

If I interpret this appeals case correctly, it appears that the clock *starts ticking* with regards to a defendant's right to a speedy trial from the moment a GJ hands down an indictment.

Interesting.

So just hypothetically, if LE believed Terri committed the crime, they would gather evidence, interview witnesses, have the GJ question witnesses to get their statements on record... and then stop short of asking for the indictment until they were convinced they had a prosecutable case?

Huh, but for the most part they'd do all the same things if they started off thinking Terri was guilty but had no firm evidence at all. So that leads us back to wwe don't know if there's no indictment so they can firm up a case, or if there's no indictment because they don't know who is responsible.' Blah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back