2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
She wants money, to be free of marital bonds, but will "delay settling custody issues to avoid self-incrimination."

Yuck. This woman has incrimated herself from the get-go and now admits it in court. She puts herself above her child. That says so much about her character. Thank goodness Baby K is safe.

MY OPINIONS.

If the restraining order says she's not allowed to talk about certain things, but she has to talk about them in order to justify regaining custody, she's in a position of self-incrimination. It doesn't have to refer to anything more suspicious than that.

It's always been curious to me how Kaine found out that MC had that picture of the RO. Almost....like a set up. Like, maybe MC took the picture himself without Terri's knowledge.

If I'm not mistaken, it had his address on it. Secondly, we know that LE was monitoring MC's text messages with Terri. If a text was sent alluding to his RO picture taking and sharing it with ?people?, then LE would certainly want to let Kaine know because the RO was in reference to a MFH plot/idea/scheme/whatever. Just because the first MFH didn't work, didn't mean Terri is inherently any less dangerous as far as they were concerned.

No, you're doing great. I can't imagine being so up to the minute with copying and pasting tweets and then having to pay attention to edits.

Thanks again for all your effort.

Yes... ditto. Thanks again Freezzz buddy! :D

11:33: Terri and Kaine have left the courtroom but KATU reporter Anita Kissee says an attorney has told her the proceeding will resume after 1:30 p.m. and may run until 5 p.m. As Kaine Horman left, he responded to question by saying he could not comment. Unkown if both Terri and Kaine will return to the courtroom today. Watch for updates

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

It's always been curious to me how Kaine found out that MC had that picture of the RO. Almost....like a set up. Like, maybe MC took the picture himself without Terri's knowledge.

Cook shared the photo with at least 2 other parties. Probably one of the parties told Kaine or his attorney.

11: 15 a.m.: Peter Bunch: “The publicty that’s going on is not being driven by Ms. Horman, it’s being driven by Mr. Horman, when he tells national media there’s no doubt Ms. Horman is involved.”
“If Mr. Horman is really interested in what‘s best for the child, then Mr. Horman wouldn’t object to any visitation by this child’s mother.”
“We’ll concede, Mr. Horman can have the house, right now. Mrs. Horman is going to lose money…”

I find this reprehensible on the part of Kaine Horman to pretend the best interests of his child can be measured on forcing Terri to do everything he wants and take everything from her. That he can for months be out there badmouthing Terri and then come into court and blame HER for what HE says. YEESH!

I find it reprehensible on the part of Terri Horman to take Kyron away from his biological parents, do stupid things like sext with a person she hardly knows while Kyron is missing, hire a lawyer and hide out in her house and say nothing while this child is still missing, not even try to see her own baby daughter, and then still want leech money off of Kaine when she doesn't want to work to make money in the first place. Kaine has every right to say what he wants about her. She deserves to have everything taken from her for causing such pain and grief not only on Kaine and Desiree, but all of Portland. And I do believe it will be proven in time. She is not some innocent victim sitting there and just letting people beat up on her. She is a person not fighting back, not even for her own child to save her own butt. SHE is reprehensible.

Here is the deal.

The rude snarky accusatory posts stop right this minute.
The bashing of the bioparents..... don't continue to go there
The comments about appearances don't go there.

Everyone needs to step away for a few minutes and cool yourselves down.

This is your only warning and then the TO's begin. I mean this seriously.

So MC won't be testifying in any court, at any time, about Terri showing him the RO, since the contempt charge was dropped. Right?

So MC won't be testifying in any court, at any time, about Terri showing him the RO, since the contempt charge was dropped. Right?

I believe you are right. I think the only reason he is there is to confirm the sexting and 350K text.

Earlier in the article it says

Mike Cook is outside the courtroom. He received a subpoena to testify. Cook is a high school friend of Kaine Horman's. Court records say he began a sexual relationship with Terri Horman shortly after Kaine Horman moved out of their house 22 days after Kyron disappeared.

I don't know??? =)
This all cornfuses me!! =)

Please post responsibly and be open to opposing points of view. Thanks.

Figures today is super busy for me but I'm trying to keep up. This case is so confusing and complex. I'm glad they allowed reporters inside and another big THANK YOU to Free for monitoring the action today.

So I assume with the ruling at 1:30, if there is no abatement, the judge will set a court hearing for the actual divorce proceedings right away? If he rules in favor of the abatement, do they just put the divorce on the backburner with no future court date scheduled?

I've moved all of the scanner chatter from today to a new thread in the Parking Lot scanner chatter area. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116459"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Figures today is super busy for me but I'm trying to keep up. This case is so confusing and complex. I'm glad they allowed reporters inside and another big THANK YOU to Free for monitoring the action today.

So I assume with the ruling at 1:30, if there is no abatement, the judge will set a court hearing for the actual divorce proceedings right away? If he rules in favor of the abatement, do they just put the divorce on the backburner with no future court date scheduled?

The way I understand it is the judge will grant the divorce, but the abatement will be granted and a future date set for settling of the financial issues and custody issues will be set per the judge's discretion. I'm also guessing that Bunch is going to try to get some type of visitation for Terri and baby K, although I'm not sure if the judge has the authority to usurp the RO in this court or hearing...especially if he grants the abatement.

It's very confusing.

If I'm not mistaken, it had his address on it. Secondly, we know that LE was monitoring MC's text messages with Terri. If a text was sent alluding to his RO picture taking and sharing it with ?people?, then LE would certainly want to let Kaine know because the RO was in reference to a MFH plot/idea/scheme/whatever. Just because the first MFH didn't work, didn't mean Terri is inherently any less dangerous as far as they were concerned.
BBM

Exactly. Terri is capable of murder, and murder of a family member; either by someone else's hand or her own, it doesn't matter. It is an essential piece of fact that goes to her character (or lack of one) and to the need to protect Baby K. The fact that she attempted to have her husband murdered goes to support the belief that she had a hand in whatever happened to Kyron.

My OPINIONS

I wonder if Bunch/Houze will bring up all of the pressers Kaine has been part of, where Terri was accused...

I wonder if they get to question MC about his background. Can't the attorneys for TH question his credibility?

Was it reported which side MC is there to testify for?

If the press descriptions are anywhere close to a fair representation of what went on (and, I know, that's a big "if") Bunch did a great job and Rackner was suprisingly weak. If he really did say that Terri will stipulate to Kaine keeping the house, he eviscerated her best argument against abatement. If Michael Cook and Terri's father are the only ones on hand to be witnesses in the case money portion of the hearing, that doesn't bode well for Kaine either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member