WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

I am very familiar with the salon, I have been there numerous times (and probably won't go back ever again). There are two entrances into the salon, one in the front, which is right on one of the busiest streets in Wenatchee. You can also pull behind the house and there is a small parking lot (maybe 6 parking spots) and a back door you can walk in through. I do not recall seeing an entrance to the basement back there, but then again, I never particularly looked for one.

If my thinking is correct, the only entrance to the basement is IN the salon. See this review that someone wrote about salon couture in June of this year: http://local.yahoo.com/info-45215035-salon-couture-wenatchee
"...the shampoo area is rundown and the basement door is always open exposing a dirty staircase..."

If the only entrance is in the salon, I HIGHLY doubt he could get Mackenzie in the salon without anyone seeing them.

The salon is usually fairly busy, not as loud and as busy as you'd expect a salon to be. They play music, not loudly, and of course there are the occasional hair dyers running. My intuition is that the murder did not occur at the salon... I don't think it is consistently busy/loud enough for Wilson to feel (... if he feels anything at all....) comfortable murdering someone downstairs within earshot of the salon. If Mackenzie was able to fight back at all, a few hits on the wall or a scream could have very well been plenty to get others to hear her.

But if she wasn't killed at the salon, I'm not sure where it could have been done. My only thought is that the murder occurred, he "stashed" or hid her body somewhere for a few hours while he dumped her car, recovered the body somehow, and carried it downstairs to his basement where he proceeded to do whatever with it. The blood on the wall could just be from an attempt to dismember or whatever he did after she was dead. :sick: Disgusting.

I've been going there for a few years myself. The basement door in the shampoo area is on the same side as the bathroom wall. This basement door has direct access to the back parking lot through a glass door and down about 2 steps.

I'm 99.9% sure there is a basement side door entrance off the driveway that leads to the back parking lot. This door would be on the right side of the house when facing it.

I never park in their parking lot, as it is really difficult to get in and out of. (For me anyway.) So, I always park on the street. Maybe MC did, too, and no one would have noticed her car. She then could have easily walked up the driveway and into that side door without being seen. He could easily have slipped out that side door to go move her car.

There have been times I've been in there when the music was so loud that my stylist turned it down so that we could chat. When the water is running in the shampoo area, it might possibly be hard to hear something coming from down in the basement.

I'm so sad for all involved. I was there getting my hair done the morning of Feb. 10th. I don't know if I can ever go back to that house again, either. And it's an incredible house...beautiful old original woodwork and windows. I didn't think the shampoo area was rundown. I loved the character of the place.

I don't know what to make of any of this

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&e...esult&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

Let's see if this link works. I think it shows the side door in between the windows.

Okay, it didn't work. But if you click on this link, zoom in quite a ways, go to street view and go against the one-way traffic flow to the next house and then turn the viewer around, you should be able to see the right side of the house and a side door. Whew!

I'm not sure how long he has lived down there... his mom has owned the place since at least 2006/2007 I know, so I guess he could have potentially lived in and out of there for several years.

Found this picture on his band's myspace page... creeped me out... its Wilson's shadow and the picture is titled "-Christopher-_[The Basement-5-16-09]" Looks like maybe it could be the basement of Salon Couture where he lived.
http://www.myspace.com/thelastofmourningsun/photos/12408961
Looks like something straight out of a horror movie to me...

Here are videos take from 'the Basement'.
I haven't ever seen this place, so I have no idea if it is or isn't the place below the salon, but it would seem odd that Christoper's mother would let him throw wild parties and host bands below the salon...even if it was after hours. http://www.myspace.com/thelastofmourningsun/videos

KIRO TV reported that Wilson only came into LE radar last month due to suspicious tipsters. I wonder if any of the clues LE gave us apply...ie the phone calls on MC's cell phone just prior to it being shut off.

I was checking frequently awaiting LE to give their monthly "no suspects" report to the public which was fast approaching.

I hope they got the right person.

I'm sorry everyone, I look at this guy's pics and I just see a person trying to be stylish as bandmembers do to stand out and making stupid statement for shock value. Admissions of killing others but LE has no evidence it ever happened.

Someone that used to creep me out was Marilyn Manson until I heard him speak in an interview and found a person that was intelligent and insightful. Unless LE obtains a detailed confession and a mountain of indisputable forensics - I'm not convinced.

In my state we had a horrible scandal with our forensic lab faking and incompetent DNA testing to gain convictions. This set us back hundreds of cases, shut down the lab, several new directors to rebuild the department, retraining, recertification.

LE only has a suspect, they still have a lot of work to do. IMO

If what we are hearing is true...this was a senseless thrill kill...so sad.

I have been involved with these threads from the beginning and I was convinced that it was a female perp, with assistance, possibly gang with revenge or jealously motivation. With LE admitting no suspects I was tending to unknown serial killer.

I think it will turn out that if this is the guy, he did this on his own. If it was a group attack, most likely there would have been a sexual assault. I can't imagine what would cause this guy to go off on her, unless she rejected him, but then you would almost expect a sexual assualt as well. Unless he freaked out when he saw what he had done and fled.
But if his DNA is there and he has no good explantion for that, I think it is probably a good case. Thank goodness. I wish he would do everyone a favor and plead guilty now.

Missed the edit window! Found "The Basement" sign for the studio in Wenatchee.

http://www.myspace.com/liveatthebasement

Somebody sure has a "thing" for rabbits, eh? Keep popping up in one strange form or another around this guy.

http://www.myspace.com/liveatthebasement/photos/16295442/tagged?imageUserID=374912401\

ETA: to be clear since my previous post on this is now on the previous page "The Basement" I mention here is a recording studio in Wenatchee. Above is from their MySpace page.

Below is their official web site. I think this is the place all the musicians are referring to when they refer to "the basement".

http://www.thebasementsound.com/

I agree, there still are so many unanswered questions. We still don't know why she left early and where she was planning to go. What I can't connect is how she met up with this guy that particular day?? My brain tells me she must have planned to meet with him, but it doesn't make sense since they weren't really friends. But he couldn't have abducted her in the middle of town. Puzzling to me :waitasec:

Somebody sure has a "thing" for rabbits, eh? Keep popping up in one strange form or another around this guy.

http://www.myspace.com/liveatthebasement/photos/16295442/tagged?imageUserID=374912401\

ETA: to be clear since my previous post on this is now on the previous page "The Basement" I mention here is a recording studio in Wenatchee. Above is from their MySpace page.

Below is their official web site. I think this is the place all the musicians are referring to when they refer to "the basement".

http://www.thebasementsound.com/

Just a thought "Rabbit" is Eminem's nick name.

Just a thought "Rabbit" is Eminem's nick name.

Might explain why I wouldn't have a clue! thanks.

Was seeing references on at least one related MySpace page to fairy tales, and I got a more "alice in wonderland" down the rabbit hole sense of the thing.

I agree, there still are so many unanswered questions. We still don't know why she left early and where she was planning to go. What I can't connect is how she met up with this guy that particular day?? My brain tells me she must have planned to meet with him, but it doesn't make sense since they weren't really friends. But he couldn't have abducted her in the middle of town. Puzzling to me :waitasec:

I have thought about this several times too. This is my theory (my opinion only... hope its okay if I post this):

Both of Mackenzie's parents lived outside of Wenatchee, her father in Orondo (about 25 minutes outside of Wenatchee), and her mom lived a few miles outside of Wenatchee on the other side of town, maybe 10-15 minutes away from the Academy of Hair on a good day of traffic.

I believe that her and Wilson had some sort of verbal contact- after all, they were classmates and working with each other quite often. It was stated previously that Mackenzie often went to Auto Mocha on her breaks from beauty school (I guess they get short breaks during the school day). Maybe on this particular day, Wilson told Mackenzie something along the lines of "Why don't you just come to my house for break today, I live so close to the school. We can get something to eat and hang out... blah blah blah."
So, Wilson leaves, walks to his house (only a block or two away from the school), Mackenzie follows shortly after and drives to his house. Don't care to think about what happens after this...

Anyway, that is just my speculation on what could have happened. It would give some sort of explanation as to why she went to his house in the first place voluntarily.

Here are videos take from 'the Basement'.
I haven't ever seen this place, so I have no idea if it is or isn't the place below the salon, but it would seem odd that Christoper's mother would let him throw wild parties and host bands below the salon...even if it was after hours. http://www.myspace.com/thelastofmourningsun/videos

this club is also a possibility for that "Basement" if it still exists, as it caters to 21-29 crowd.

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-210077/Three-East-Wenatchee-establishments-ask.html

I have thought about this several times too. This is my theory (my opinion only... hope its okay if I post this):

Both of Mackenzie's parents lived outside of Wenatchee, her father in Orondo (about 25 minutes outside of Wenatchee), and her mom lived a few miles outside of Wenatchee on the other side of town, maybe 10-15 minutes away from the Academy of Hair on a good day of traffic.

I believe that her and Wilson had some sort of verbal contact- after all, they were classmates and working with each other quite often. It was stated previously that Mackenzie often went to Auto Mocha on her breaks from beauty school (I guess they get short breaks during the school day). Maybe on this particular day, Wilson told Mackenzie something along the lines of "Why don't you just come to my house for break today, I live so close to the school. We can get something to eat and hang out... blah blah blah."
So, Wilson leaves, walks to his house (only a block or two away from the school), Mackenzie follows shortly after and drives to his house. Don't care to think about what happens after this...

Anyway, that is just my speculation on what could have happened. It would give some sort of explanation as to why she went to his house in the first place voluntarily.

Thanks, that is a very plasible scenario. You may be right because I can't really think of any other way they would end up in a private place where something could happen.

He could have offered to try to get her a job - or placement through the school - at his Mom's salon ..
"Come over at break and I'll get you an application and show you around"

I was wondering if anyone had been able to open the documents yet, I have been trying for an hour and have had no luck it seems to want to time out every time.

Will see if this works. It's a 4-page file.

Attachments

• Affidavit to media.pdf
    841.1 KB · Views: 62
I check the Chelan Sheriff's log report every day. Only thing is it is always off one day--If I look today, I see the one for yesterday.http://www.golakechelan.com/click on the yellow bar for latest EMS LE reports Tomorrow's will be for today. You can search older dates, many of them.Just saw the link is down. Probably the pc today overloaded it... funny, I used it an hour ago.

I think the page was "down" because they pulled it long enough to remove that incident number.

No longer a 10C11332 in the logs. It now skips from 331 to 333. 332 went "poof."

KIRO TV reported that Wilson only came into LE radar last month due to suspicious tipsters. I wonder if any of the clues LE gave us apply...ie the phone calls on MC's cell phone just prior to it being shut off.

I was checking frequently awaiting LE to give their monthly "no suspects" report to the public which was fast approaching.

I hope they got the right person.

I'm sorry everyone, I look at this guy's pics and I just see a person trying to be stylish as bandmembers do to stand out and making stupid statement for shock value. Admissions of killing others but LE has no evidence it ever happened.

Someone that used to creep me out was Marilyn Manson until I heard him speak in an interview and found a person that was intelligent and insightful. Unless LE obtains a detailed confession and a mountain of indisputable forensics - I'm not convinced.

In my state we had a horrible scandal with our forensic lab faking and incompetent DNA testing to gain convictions. This set us back hundreds of cases, shut down the lab, several new directors to rebuild the department, retraining, recertification.

LE only has a suspect, they still have a lot of work to do. IMO

If what we are hearing is true...this was a senseless thrill kill...so sad.

I have been involved with these threads from the beginning and I was convinced that it was a female perp, with assistance, possibly gang with revenge or jealously motivation. With LE admitting no suspects I was tending to unknown serial killer.

BBM

I've been involved from the beginning, too. And I've gone back and forth so many times about who is involved...my head is spinning after 8 months.

JMO and really, really just my conjecture. What if there was a female accomplice filled with jealousy and rage, and she was there in the basement apartment waiting for the two of them to arrive.

MC could have recognized this female upon her arrival, realized a set-up for whatever reason, and tried to make a run to the stairs to the salon above and safety. I don't want to go into details here about what then may have happened because it's too sad to contemplate. But, say, whatever happened, happened. And now, MC is dead, and they need to get rid of the evidence. Female stays with MC; he leaves to take her car up to PC and walks back.

Under the cover of darkness later that night, they get her out of there and into a car and bring her to CB.

Sadly, we know the rest.

A car Wilson was driving during the February, 2010, time frame has also been found. The 1999 Black Volkswagen Jetta was sold in April of 2010 but located today in Spokane where it was impounded by local authorities from the Spokane County Sheriff's Office. The vehicle will be processed for evidence by task force personnel and Washington State Crime Lab technicians.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-100610-cowell-murder-arrest,0,4493388.story

Looked at the parking lot video again. The car I thought was a black VW Golf III could be a 1999 Black Volkswagen Jetta. On YouTube, top of video, parked against the building just to the left of the first telephone pole. Someone in black is moving around by the drivers window and MC appears to look to her left.

Looked at the parking lot video again. The car I thought was a black VW Golf III could be a 1999 Black Volkswagen Jetta. On YouTube, top of video, parked against the building just to the left of the first telephone pole. Someone in black is moving around by the drivers window and MC appears to look to her left.

I too have wondered about that parking lot video and I think it is him........they have said that he left at the same time as Mackenzie......

I have also read in the news reports that fellow students said that there was starting to be a romantic attachment between the pair.....

My theory is that this was a budding romance and that they had agreed to me at his place in class.....hence the leaving at the same time.....maybe he said he was going to show her something, I dont know (hence her saying she would be gone for 15 mins)....

unfortunately I think he is a sicko and he probably put it on her and she rebuffed him as they hadnt know each other long enough......this threw him into his real sicko mode and he killed her.....

a couple of things:

first of all re rumors....I read all the comments on the news sites and someone said that he lived in a different location at the time of the murder and that they had located the car he had at the time and was sold in april....

I held of posting this info as it would be rumors and lo and behold it gets reported in the news....so I pay alot of attention to comments from the locals as quite often this is where the REAL info is (and hasnt been reported due to police policies etc) I also know that some of it is rumor....

2ndly.......someone said that they wondered if he might have been gay and straight away there were comments like "what does his sexuality matter"........we are in 2010 and I think getting sensitive about that is just so old fashioned........I think saying that he may have been gay was good sleuthing, he was a hairdresser and alot of male hairdressers ARE in fact gay and yes there are hetrosexual ones as well, but it is an industry that gay guys are drawn to.......also it may have answered the question as to why she was not sexually assaulted.....so I say good on lateral thinking~~~~

3rdly......how many people are worried about the amount of youth obsessed with death and killing......look at Alyssa Bustamante as well, they are so similar.........I do think it is a far darker world for alot of youth in this modern world and it scares me.....

4thly........I have been on websleuths for a year now.......started with Morgan Harrington as that case hit our headlines here in Australia because of the Metallica connection (they are bigger than Ben Hurr here).....anyhow since then like alot of you, I have followed so many cases, is there a way we can updeat the thread title to "suspect charged" or similar along with the found safe, deceased etc...

I check on here everyday for updates and the only way I have found out they have caught someone in alot of cases is that it is at the top of the threads...

Is there any other way? thanks

also re him working in funeral homes, someone commented he was only a gopher (probably wished he was more tho.....weird)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back