NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, where is the girl's mother...

Also, does she have a "diagnosis"??? Hearing impaired with a prosthetic leg.... did she lose that leg and/or her hearing later? Or was she born with both?

I'm wondering if there is another diagnosis factoring in here that may cause other issues. Which may cause an already impatient stepmother to snap and abuse a child.

Such as behavioral...or problems sleeping. What if she didn't go to bed until 2:30am so it wouldn't be odd for her to sleep until 2pm?

Someone on topix said she lost her leg due to cancer. They also said Zahra is from Australia I think....

Someone on topix said she lost her leg due to cancer. They also said Zahra is from Australia I think....
She had cancer and her Mom lives in Australia and has not seen her since she was 8 months old.

Let me see if I understand... The father of Zahra is said to be cooperating with LE. Stepmother was apparently a fugitive. It appears, based on the info we have, that both parents saw Zahra at 2:30am. We've been told that the parents "slept in" which most likely puts both of them at the residence at 2:30 am for the last seen, and at 2:30 pm for the Zahra missing. And let's not forget the fire?!?! WTF?!?!
I'm having a little trouble comprehending how either of these parents would have gotten Zahra out of the house without the other knowing, if they were both present. So he didn't know his wife was wanted on a slew of major charges.....and he doesn't know what happened to his daughter either? Strange. Dad sure seems to be out of the loop where a great many things are concerned.

After reading 4 pages of comments and reading the links, I'm truly afraid of how this will end. Poor Zahara, prosthetic leg, history of cancer, hearing aids - does she fend for herself in this home? Get her own meals at 10yo? Hope with all my heart she is found soon. moo mho

Where is the information regarding cancer and Australia coming from? We need links, please.

TIA,

Salem

The more information that comes out, the less likely it sounds like she will be found safely and the more it sounds like the family is involved...

One thing the chief told NewsChannel 36 is her parents didn't report her missing until two Saturday afternoon because they thought she was sleeping.

They don't believe she left on her own because she left both hearing aids.

They also don't think she was abducted by a stranger.

Another odd coincidence, Police were called to her home around 5 a.m. Saturday for a brush fire in the backyard.

No one checked at the time to see if Zahra was still sleeping or okay.

They don't know if it has any connection to her disappearance.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Amber-Alert-issued-for-missing-Hickory-girl-104644679.html

Where is the information regarding cancer and Australia coming from? We need links, please.

TIA,

Salem

No idea where the cancer info came from. Apparently comments on Topix? I only know of Australia info regarding the bio-mom, but not Zahra or her dad (snipped for space and relevance):

Police "deeply concerned" about welfare of missing girl

[snip]

Zahara’s biological mother is an Australian native and has not seen her daughter since she was about eight months old. She is believed to be in Australia and is not considered a suspect, Whisnant said.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ncerned-about-welfare-missing-girl-ar-448453/

TIA,

Salem

Oh, I'm sorry Salem. Read it a few times in the comments and thought it to be fact. I see that a link from Topix was put up, is that an acceptable site? Sorry!

More about Zahra's hearing loss and cancer........

"Ten-year-old Zahra Baker was all smiles as she was fitted with her device.
Baker lost her hearing during chemotherapy treatments for two bouts of cancer.
According to her mother, Elesa, Baker suffers from what is known as high frequency hearing loss. As such, she has a difficult time hearing "s" and "f" sounds.
A hearing resource teacher at Baker's school in Hudson, N.C. mentioned the Speedway Children's Charity giveaway to Elesa, who jumped at the chance to help her daughter regain her normal hearing.
"She said this would be a wonderful opportunity to open up other opportunities," Elesa said.
Elesa, who fought back tears as volunteers walked her daughter through how to use the new hearing device, said she looked forward to the opportunities the gift will bring Zahra - opportunities to better understand her teachers and friends at school, and better communicate with her family."

http://www2.independenttribune.com/...ns-charity-helps-bring-hearing-tho-ar-248536/

About last seeing her at 2:30am, it's possible that they didn't "make" her go to bed until around 2:30am. I have a 10 year old nephew that doesn't go to bed until daddy does on the weekends, and that's normally around 1am or 2am. As much as I don't agree with it, it does happen and is possible. Maybe they don't want to admit it because they think it makes them look bad? Idk, just thinking outloud.

Also, if there was a small fire where was Zahra while all of that was going on? No one noticed she didn't wake up while they were tending to the fire?

Thanks ella971 - here are a few sentences from the link you put up.

**snip**
Ten-year-old Zahra Baker was all smiles as she was fitted with her device.

Baker lost her hearing during chemotherapy treatments for two bouts of cancer.

According to her mother, Elesa, Baker suffers from what is known as high frequency hearing loss. As such, she has a difficult time hearing "s" and "f" sounds. **snip**

http://www2.independenttribune.com/...ns-charity-helps-bring-hearing-tho-ar-248536/

my gosh, what a brave little girl. Where is she?

About last seeing her at 2:30am, it's possible that they didn't "make" her go to bed until around 2:30am. I have a 10 year old nephew that doesn't go to bed until daddy does on the weekends, and that's normally around 1am or 2am. As much as I don't agree with it, it does happen and is possible. Maybe they don't want to admit it because they think it makes them look bad? Idk, just thinking outloud.

Also, if there was a small fire where was Zahra while all of that was going on? No one noticed she didn't wake up while they were tending to the fire?
For me, it's not so much that they said they checked in on her around 2:30am, or that they were still up at that hour as it is that they didn't notice she was missing until around 1:00pm which is 10-1/2 hours later. And *if* the fire occurred during those 10-1/2 hours why didn't they check on her then? :waitasec: MOO

I have to sleep I have been up since five. I pray when I wake up this beautiful little girl who has overcome so much is found and is unharmed. Thank You guys for caring as much as I do. Try and sleep well.

Latest developments:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25342453/detail.html

HICKORY, N.C. -- Hickory Police said they are busy investigating surveillance video taken from several stores near Zhara Baker's home. However, Police Chief Tom Adkins is not saying if you can see Zhara in any of those tapes.
Police are also investigating a fire that started on the front lawn of Zhara's home, but they're not saying how the fire started, or how it might be related to her Saturday morning disappearance.

A dozen Hickory police officers went door-to-door throughout Zhara's neighborhood Sunday afternoon, talking to dozens of residents and handing out Zhara's photograph. In addition to knocking on doors, police officers looked into basement windows, and walked deep into the woods.

I have to sleep I have been up since five. I pray when I wake up this beautiful little girl who has overcome so much is found and is unharmed. Thank You guys for caring as much as I do. Try and sleep well.
Oh you're more than welcome ~ Hickory is only about 60 mi. from where I live and I want more than anything for a miracle and her to be found alive also. :prayer: Have a good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth