GUILTY FL - Wayne Treacy for savage beating of 15yo girl, Deerfield Beach, 17 March 2010

Some news on Josie. Small pic in corner of first linked article. She cut her hair and looks beautiful!

Thinking of you girl!

http://cbs4.com/local/Josie.Lou.Ratley.2.1868569.html

snip~ "I want to thank the people that has donate, and Josie also thanks them; it's been a great deal of help to us," said Gotay. "Don't stop the prayers, we need those too."

In addition to raising money for the Ratley family, Lets Break the Cycle: A Ride for Josie was also designed to shed light on the issue of teen violence and bullying in school. Community organizers hope to turn the event into an annual one, to support anti-violence youth groups and raise awareness about the cause. ~ end

Found an article on Treacy as well. Seems he has some supporters.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/09/nation/la-na-florida-beating-20100909

snip~Some see Treacy, who has been charged as a adult for attempted first-degree murder, as a patient who needs treatment. They see a frightened, troubled 15-year-old boy who overreacted to a heartless taunt and, in a very different way, may never fully recover.

Almost 100 of them have found each other on the "Wayne Treacy Support Group" on Facebook. Most have never met Treacy and don't live in South Florida, although some identify themselves as classmates at Deerfield Beach High School. Women in the group outnumber men about 2 to 1.~ end

Less than a month and he will be back in court, JUSTICE FOR JOSIE.

I hear they are supposed to have an interview of her on the Today show within the hour. (Eastern time)

Found an article on Treacy as well. Seems he has some supporters.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/09/nation/la-na-florida-beating-20100909

snip~Some see Treacy, who has been charged as a adult for attempted first-degree murder, as a patient who needs treatment. They see a frightened, troubled 15-year-old boy who overreacted to a heartless taunt and, in a very different way, may never fully recover.

Almost 100 of them have found each other on the "Wayne Treacy Support Group" on Facebook. Most have never met Treacy and don't live in South Florida, although some identify themselves as classmates at Deerfield Beach High School. Women in the group outnumber men about 2 to 1.~ end

Less than a month and he will be back in court, JUSTICE FOR JOSIE.

Ugh. That bunch on his Facebook group makes me :sick:.

So, one sentence from Josie is considered "bullying"? Let's not forget about what started the whole business in the first place: that he was using Josie's phone to further his illegal sexual relationship with a 13 year-old. I don't care WHAT she said to him - it's no excuse for trying to kill her.
And by all means, let him have all therapy his supporters want him to have, provided he does it behind bars. :behindbar

Heads Up! Our Josie is going to be on the Today show......this hour. They just showed a preview, she looks beautiful. Such strides.

I will come back and post the link when it is up on the Today show site. Hope ya'll are able to watch!

Ugh. That bunch on his Facebook group makes me :sick:.

So, one sentence from Josie is considered "bullying"? Let's not forget about what started the whole business in the first place: that he was using Josie's phone to further his illegal sexual relationship with a 13 year-old. I don't care WHAT she said to him - it's no excuse for trying to kill her.
And by all means, let him have all therapy his supporters want him to have, provided he does it behind bars. :behindbar

in re: BBM

Let us also not forget that he first texted a comment about her father which was hurtful to her. Do these supporters consider his innitiating "bullying"? This whole groundswell of support for Treacy makes me sick. I blame him for his actions and if he does have some psychological issues then I blame his parents for not forcing him to accept the counseling offered and dealing with those problems before he became a ticking time bomb.

Thinking of you today for some reason Josie. I hope you and your mom are doing well.

I found a tidbit of news on Josie and thought i would come post it. It reads as though Josie's family is planning to file a lawsuit against the Broward County school board, still researching the when and why of it. There isn't much at link.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=145832&catid=8

I would imagine that the 'why' would be because a kid was allowed to come on campus and beat Josie so badly that she now has brain damage. At least I hope that's why.

Next scheduled court event for W Treacy looks to be a calendar call on 1/06/2011

snip~Case Summary
Broward County Case Number: 10006720CF10A State Reporting Number: 062010CF006720A88810
Court Type: FELONY Case Type: FELONY
Incident Date: 03/17/2010 Filing Date: 04/16/2010
Court Location: BROWARD COUNTY CENTRAL COURTHOUSE Case Status: OPEN
HELP

Case Parties
Relationship Last Name First Name Middle Name Party Type Sex Race D.O.B. D.O.D. ID Type ID Number
001 TREACY WAYNE DEF M W 10/08/1994 BCCN 0773965
001 WILLIAMS RUSSEL J PA BARID 000000727751
HAIMES DAVID A JUDGE JUDGE FH

Key Dates - Future Scheduled Events
Event Date Event Description Room Time Presider Division Count
01/06/2011 CALENDAR CALL 7900 0830 DAVID A HAIMES FH OPN

Counts
Select Count Count Status Statute Statute Description Filed On Filed By
001 OPEN FXXA782041A ATTEMPTED MURDER 1ST DEGREE 04/16/2010 BROWARD SHERIFF OFFICE/POMPANO BCH

Hoping Josie and mom are preparing for a happy thanksgiving this year. I know they have so much to be thankful for. They've got each other.

has anyone got or heard any updates? it got so quiet on how she is once she left the hospital. I am still hoping for a full recovery.

I think of Josie a lot... Her smile is absolutely beautiful!

God Bless Josie and her Mother.
I continue to hold both of them in my heart and prayers.
Keep up the good fight to come back Josie.

jmho

Haven't heard anything about Josie but this was posted the other day:

Wayne Treacy sues Broward School District, BSO for right to education in jail
By Rafael A. Olmeda, Sun Sentinel

8:15 p.m. EST, December 2, 2010

The teenager accused of trying to stomp to death a Deerfield Beach Middle School student has sued the Broward School Board and the Sheriff's Office, claiming he's being shortchanged out of an education as he sits in jail.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday, raises questions about whether juvenile inmates who are charged as adults are getting the schooling they're entitled to, and who is responsible for making sure it happens.

According to the lawsuit, Wayne Treacy, 16, is getting less than five hours a week of instruction as he awaits trial on an attempted murder charge. But school district records purportedly show he's getting 28.3 hours a week.

**more at link**

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...children-jail-school-20101202,0,4550669.story

Wishing Josie and her family a joyous Holiday season filled with love and laughter.

Update on continuing case:

Prosecutor agrees to 50-year cap for Treacy sentence
Accused of beating Josie Lou Ratley

By Tonya Alanez, Sun Sentinel

1:12 p.m. EST, January 6, 2011

FORT LAUDERDALE —
In an effort to move the case forward, the prosecutor of a 16-year-old boy accused of a stomping attack on a middle school student agreed Thursday to cap his potential sentence at 50 years.

It was Wayne Treacy's first court hearing since August, and little has been done on the case since then.

"Zero depositions have been scheduled since the last time we were in court," prosecutor Maria Schneider said. "We're exactly where we were in August

**more at link**

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-wayne-treacy-hearing-20110106,0,4077129.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back